PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area Just Found

DarkJedi5
12-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Not sure if there are enough people around for this board to work but the Colma Target has quite a few of the exclusive CW battle packs and still has a good number of the Geonosis Arena 2-packs. They also have like a million and one of the exclusive TIEs.

And if this thread doesn't get any hits after a few days, an administrator is more than welcome to take it down.

nohagent
01-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey darkjedi,

just sent you a PM, wow, are there only two of us in the SFBAY area? Hopefully we can get more on board. I know I am a good source for my 30 mile radius, I end up all over the east bay. Its either a tractor beam or an addiction that sucks me into all these stores. Hope I dont have and addiction.....:ninja:

DarkJedi5
01-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Haha, I know the feeling. I go to stores, knowing they probably haven't got anything just to see... cause maybe... ya never know... and then, nope, still nothing. Hopefully we'll find some more folks to flesh out this thread.

DarkJedi5
02-08-2010, 11:19 AM
San Mateo TRU has got a bunch of new CW figures including Cold Weather Anakin.

DarkJedi5
03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I may be the only one who still checks this thread, but has anyone spotted the ESB wave around? I saw the left overs (Willrow Hood and Bespin Guard) at Target in San Mateo last weekend but that was it. I've also been seeing the GH vehicle sets there too (CW Y-Wing, AOTC Slave I and the Invisible Hand set).

nohagent
03-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I saw the exactly the same in the Hayward Target over the weekend and nothing else. I am trying to find the new CW figures as now my focus is now more on what my son likes to play with.

DarkJedi5
03-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Looked today for the WM exclusive comic packs and struck out at Mountain View WM. I may head across the bay next week to check WMs in Oakland and Dublin, will post again if I find anything....

DarkJedi5
03-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Found the WM exclusives today, there was fresh case at WM in San Leandro on Hesperian (minus the IG97 set I snagged). I also checked Hagenburger WM (nothing) and the other San Leandro WM (took the last two General Weir sets) as well.

Also, saw an Octuptarra Droid on sale for $20 at Hegenburger hidden away on one of the clearance end caps.

DarkJedi5
04-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Despite having heard that the TFU packs have hit in some places, San Mateo TRU is not one of them. No EU wave yet either. Though, Target in the same shopping center had a million and one Red 2 X-Wings marked down $10 (so from $40 to $30) in case anyone around here missed it or wanted another one.

DarkJedi5
08-21-2010, 12:52 AM
In the unlikely event that anyone posts/reads in this thread other than me I wanted to let people know that I found the CW Rise of Boba Fett set at the Hepserian Toys R Us in Hayward.

bkusna
08-21-2010, 01:11 AM
In the unlikely event that anyone posts/reads in this thread other than me I wanted to let people know that I found the CW Rise of Boba Fett set at the Hepserian Toys R Us in Hayward.

nice find....can you help me locate one in Oklahoma? there, now someone has posted on this thread other than you:yes:

nohagent
08-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Realy? That is my local Try. Haven't seen new stuff Do ages. When was this? Are there anymore?

DarkJedi5
08-21-2010, 12:10 PM
They said they had one on the floor and 9 up stairs. I grabbed the one on the floor and it was the only one I saw but I assume they had more. The Walmart down the street has probably reset their SW stuff (I was in there the same day and they had started to put some of it out) and the TRU did have quite a bit of the stuff in the Shadow of the Darkside and Vintage packaging.

nohagent
08-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Darkjedi

Yeah, I hit the Hesperian TRU this morning about 9:15. They had two of the Rise sets on the floor. First one I picked up had all the tape seals broken and the second, well, one of the three tapes looked tampered with. Was hesitant but I picked it up for the 109.99. THanks for the tip. Have you seen the Walmart Jabba anywhere? Anything you are looking for?

DarkJedi5
08-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Darkjedi

Yeah, I hit the Hesperian TRU this morning about 9:15. They had two of the Rise sets on the floor. First one I picked up had all the tape seals broken and the second, well, one of the three tapes looked tampered with. Was hesitant but I picked it up for the 109.99. THanks for the tip. Have you seen the Walmart Jabba anywhere? Anything you are looking for?

The Walmart Jabba is ALL I'm looking for at the moment. I had a lead on 2 at the Hesperian Walmart and was calling every day to see if they had finally put them out on the shelves and then read one afternoon that after I'd called and been told they weren't gonna be put out that some RS reader went and bought both of them. Between you and me there's a Walmart out in Livermore that's expecting a few still and I call them everyday hoping that they'll tell me when they get them in.... I've called all the other Walmarts within a reasonable driving distance of me and no one else has any in stock or on order. Some don't even have the UPC number in their computers!

If you want I can buy a Jabba for you if I see two or just let you know where/when I find one.

nohagent
08-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Darkjedi,

Sounds good to me. If I spot em I will do the same. Feel free to let me know if you are ever looking for something. The truth is I don't really collect anymore for myself unless it is something spectacular. However I do go out of my way to find these items for my kid. Of course I make sure he earns these "prizes" and it gives me a little excuse to play too. I took him to Celebration 5, did you get to go?

DarkJedi5
08-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Darkjedi,

Sounds good to me. If I spot em I will do the same. Feel free to let me know if you are ever looking for something. The truth is I don't really collect anymore for myself unless it is something spectacular. However I do go out of my way to find these items for my kid. Of course I make sure he earns these "prizes" and it gives me a little excuse to play too. I took him to Celebration 5, did you get to go?

No, I've actually never made it to one of the live conventions (Comic Con or a Celebration). Still kicking myself cause I was in LA the same weekend as CIV but I hadn't thought about getting tickets early enough ahead of time and of course it was sold out. Should still get down to a Comic Con one of these years, it's not like it's across the country or anything.

Thanks for the offer on Jabba, I really appreciate it! Not sure what you're looking for right now but I've got a Jodo Kast Kmart exclusive figure that I bought an extra of which you can have at cost.

nohagent
08-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the offer but I picked up Jodo at CV. Darn, spent too much, oh well. Thanks though

Jon Dougha
09-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Hi Folks,

New forum member. Good to see other SF Bay Area collectors on this board.
I usually search in the East Bay. If folks are looking for something in particular, let me know and I'll be happy to give a heads up if I find it or will snag one or two lower cost items such as figures if that is on your list.

Good hunting and feel free to PM me.

JD

RooJay
09-17-2010, 04:10 AM
So there are what - three, four of us from the SF Bay area? Maybe all those other guys I always run into when I'm out hunting just aren't Star Wars fans?

Jon Dougha
09-17-2010, 10:10 AM
LOL - half scalpers and half fans lol.

However, it does amaze me that with so many adult collectors in the area that we can't get better organized so that we aren't all running around hitting the same stores repeatedly especially during slow weeks. I would love to try and pool funds eventually to just purchase a case every now and then. I've done this with similar situations when it comes to other hobbies. Seems like it would save some time and money for everyone. Just a thought for the future.

JD

DarkJedi5
09-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Hey guys, glad to see this thread getting some more followers!

Pooling for a case isn't a bad idea, especially because as far as Vintage wave 2 goes, that's all HTS has on their site at the moment. Unfortunately, with that wave I think most people only want the same half case of figures with the exception of the foil UGH figs. Where do you usually prowl Jon? I'm in the East Bay as well and usually stick to the 680 corridor from Concord down to Pleasanton. If we overlap, let me know and I'll post more often when I find things.

nohagent
09-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Wow, 4 of us, just thought it was me and dark jedi. Well I am in on the coop bay area hunting. Let me know what you all are hunting, I will do likewise and we can work together.

Dark Jedi makes a good point. My roaming location goes from San Ramon to Dublin, to San Leandro and thru fremont. Whats everyone elses territory?

Im gonna be in slight hibernation spending wise due to my extended divorce proceedings and my kids halloween costume building but I still will be in stores looking for cool stuff.

Jon Dougha
09-17-2010, 03:52 PM
lol Looks like we are all hunting in the same areas.

I usually look in the Fremont/Hayward/San Leandro/Dublin/Livermore stores - Target, TRUS, Walmart, TJM, Ross,etc... although I will go further down to Emeryville and as far as Pinole.

At the moment, I'm not looking for much in the way of SW Vintage items unless they come on sale. I have the one Vintage must have on my list - Magnaguard. I am waiting for the next wave of Clone Wars figs.

I am looking for non-SW figures such as the Marvel Universe and some DC figures, mainly the Crisis figs. If anyone comes across MU Wave 10 or Archangel and Havok from Wave 9, please let me know or grab them and I'll be happy to pay for them.

If folks have things they are looking for, please post your list.

Quick Tip - the Walmart off of Whipple Road has Legacy AT-ST's w/ figures marked down to $30. Get them while you can. I already picked up one for myself and another for a friend today. They have at least six more in the clearance section.

Have a good weekend all.

JD

RooJay
09-18-2010, 04:59 AM
Unfortunately, it seems this area is closer to 95% scalpers. I've had guys in the parking lot offer to sell me stuff they just bought at TRU for way more than they paid for it, but sadly I've never once had a fellow collector in the Bay Area offer to help me find stuff I could buy direct from the store. I collect for the sheer joy of it, and couldn't care less what something is purportedly 'worth,' only whether or not it's something I want. I refuse to pay secondary market prices - especially when there should be plenty to go around, and it chaps my hide when someone is only into my hobby for the purposes of making a quick buck off of real fans.
If you guys are like-minded collectors, I'd love it if we could help each other out! I live in Concord, and I regularly (weekly) range from Fairfield to Emeryville, and sometimes as far out as Napa.
I'm mainly into DCU Classics, GI Joe, Star Wars, and Marvel U. I'm currently hunting for these:

Wal-Mart Jabba

TRU EU wave (have a feeling the ship has sailed on that one, though)

POC Spirit, Quick-Kick and Shadow Tracker

Black Widow, Colossus, Archangel, Havok, Kitty Pride, and Captain Britain from Marvel U.

Iron Man 2 Comic Iron Monger, Whiplash and Black Widow

Lego Mini-Figures Series 1 and 2 (came across Series 2 at Target in Walnut Creek just yesterday, though I have never seen Series 1 at retail)

DarkJedi5
09-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Unfortunately, it seems this area is closer to 95% scalpers. I've had guys in the parking lot offer to sell me stuff they just bought at TRU for way more than they paid for it, but sadly I've never once had a fellow collector in the Bay Area offer to help me find stuff I could buy direct from the store. I collect for the sheer joy of it, and couldn't care less what something is purportedly 'worth,' only whether or not it's something I want. I refuse to pay secondary market prices - especially when there should be plenty to go around, and it chaps my hide when someone is only into my hobby for the purposes of making a quick buck off of real fans.

Here, here! I ran into a guy not too long ago doing essentially the same thing. The worst part was he was taking all of the figs of the pegs as I got there and then looked through is cart to see what he had gotten and put the stuff he didn't want back. Like he claimed it all just in case and then sorted it. Unfortunately he took almost all of the Wave 2 Vintage figures leaving only a UGH Han and the Obi-Wan (two snoozers if you ask me). Then outside he said since he saw I was interested, he'd sell some to me at triple cost cause "that's what I can get on eBay". Yeah right.

I'm currently hunting for these:

Wal-Mart Jabba

TRU EU wave (have a feeling the ship has sailed on that one, though)

Both of these were very problematic for me. I managed to get the EU wave because I joined a "one of each figure" club and paid a premium on them from an etailer but I only ever saw the alien guard and whiphid jedi out of the wave. There's almost no way this wave appears back on the shelf since it's in the old packaging but it's possible that it will end up at a Ross or where ever TRU dumps their old stuff. And Hasbro did say that the Spacetrooper and the Darktrooper will be making a return in the Saga Legends line so people can army build them. As for Jabba, I know he's turned up at the Mountain View WM but the stores on our side of the Bay seem to have gotten two in and sold them right away with seemingly no more behind them. I ordered mine from WM.com and it arrived in the mail just a few days ago. I'll let you guys know if I see either of these!

Jon Dougha
09-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Wow, very enlightening discussion about scalpers. I haven't run into any scalpers in my trips. However, I have heard stories from cashiers about older guys buying up large numbers of figures.

Roojay - I'll keep an eye out for your MU requests. I've seen Colossus and Kitty Pride a number of times, but less frequently lately. I'll PM you if I get them. I think this week will be the release week for the Mystique set.

Hope we can all help each other out. I'll also post any deals that I may spot.

Costco had the best deal lately with the 2 packs of CW vehicles for $25.00.

JD

nohagent
09-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Just got my Jabba. No chance to check him out yet as I am going to work.

Secondly, what is the CW vehicle thing at costco for $25?

Jon Dougha
09-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Certain Costco stores in California (not sure about the rest of the country) are selling two packs of the full-sized Clone Wars vehicles (Droid Tanks, Grievious's Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, etc...) for $25. I was able to pick up quite a few at the Danville Costco. Great price. You are essentially getting them two for the price of one.

Jon Dougha
09-20-2010, 11:22 PM
RooJay - I sent you a PM earlier today about an extra Colossus.

DarkJedi5
09-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Certain Costco stores in California (not sure about the rest of the country) are selling two packs of the full-sized Clone Wars vehicles (Droid Tanks, Grievious's Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, etc...) for $25. I was able to pick up quite a few at the Danville Costco. Great price. You are essentially getting them two for the price of one.

When did you spot these? I was there last week (Wednesday I think) and didn't see any....

Also, anyone have any luck with Vintage wave 2 around here?

RooJay
09-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Finally managed to find Jabba - he was the last one on the shelf at Wal-Mart in American Canyon. Awesome toy! If anyone else still needs him, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

nohagent
09-21-2010, 07:24 AM
I made it to the Danville target Saturday, looks like the vehicle bundles had already sold thru..bummer

Jon Dougha
09-21-2010, 10:42 AM
This was about 2-3 weeks ago. Look carefully because they don't take up that much space; they are stacked two wide and about 4 high upright. They are jammed between other toys in their Christmas toy section. They had quite a few when I was there. Good luck! Be sure to go to the one in Danville. I've been to 2-3 other stores and haven't seen them at these other locations.

Jon Dougha
09-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Whoops...didn't see nohagent's most recent post. Sorry guys. I'll keep an eye out and see if these things pop up again. I'm a regular Costco shopper although I don't go out to Danville that much. I have a feeling that we may see more special SW promo's like this at Costco as Christmas comes closer.
I'm still wondering why I never saw the Battlepacks at Costco that other people have mentioned on a few other sites. I'll post any any specials like these that I see and hope others will do the same.

JD

DarkJedi5
09-24-2010, 01:31 PM
If you guys are looking for Vintage wave 2 hit Dublin TRU. I found everything there and there was a lot left. Also, Concord TRU has the left overs of wave 2; Sandtrooper, Clone, Obi-Wan, Darth Anakin but that was it.

nohagent
09-24-2010, 02:23 PM
About 25 exclusive niktos at TRU hayward.

Jon Dougha
09-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the heads upon Niktos at Hayward.
TRU also has a 2 for $11.99 deal this week on Clone Wars/Saga figures.
Not as good as the BOGO or 2 for $9.99, but it helps if you are trying to pick up Niktos.

Jon Dougha
09-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Found the Nikto figures at TRU in Hayward, but they are a bit pricey - $10.99... Also, they don't qualify for this week's sale.

Unrelated - I also found the Mystique wave 10 figures at the same TRU! They had multiples of all the figures in the set! Be sure to check the area to the right of the entryway for the display. They are not in the usual aisle.

Jon Dougha
09-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Spotted some Legacy Battlepacks at Ross today for $11.99 each.

Kamino Conflict and Duel at Mustafar.

DarkJedi5
09-30-2010, 08:31 AM
According to the projected release dates at Comic Con and CV we should be seeing a whole mess of Target exclusives starting 10/1 (tomorrow). These include the Geonosis 2-packs and the Battle of Hoth UBPs. I'll let you know when and where I see any of these but I don't think my Targets have space for these yet so they may not roll out until later? As always... happy hunting.

RooJay
09-30-2010, 08:52 AM
My new desk accessory has arrived! Thanks for helping with Colossus, Jon!

Jon Dougha
09-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Glad to see the big fella has a new home :thumbsup:.

If anyone out there comes across the standard version of the Archangel Marvel Universe figure, please pick him up for me and let me know. I'll gladly reimburse you for cost of the figure and 1st class shipping if needed. Thanks!

JD

nohagent
09-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah,

I was disappointed that those niktos did not make the sale requirement either, or any other item I was interested in..hmmm..

I will hit my local targets tomorrow right after I drop the kid off at school.

Let me know if you guys want me to pick anything that I may see up...hmm dont think that was proper english , oh well

nohagent
10-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Hit San Leandro Target and North Hayward.

Had the red boxed Arena Exclusives

Picked up these three at bayfair and were the last three
CW Flamethrower Trooper
CW pilot Goji
CW Ki Adi Mundi

Got a strange discouraging feeling so I returned home to continue fiberglassing my republic commando costume.

DarkJedi5
10-01-2010, 01:08 PM
I've hit three Targets so far (Walnut Creek, San Ramon, and Dublin) and had no luck on the exclusives. Nohagent, could you give us the UPC off of the bottom and the item info from the receipt? Thanks!

nohagent
10-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Marshall has y wings $40

nohagent
10-02-2010, 02:37 PM
found magnaguard army at fremont TRU but at 9.99 a pop, hah, I will wait for target. 7.99 or even kmart 8.99. I hate TRU

Jon Dougha
10-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Nohagent,

I think you and I were both at the TRU near New Park Mall today. I saw the 3-4 Magnaguards that they had there as well and will wait for a price drop like you. I used my last $5 off coupon from TRU to buy a second one a few weeks ago.

BTW - The Y Bomber can also be found at TJ Max; I saw two at the TJ's near the Fremont TRU. They also have a few titanium vehicles as well. I picked up the Shadow Republic Gunship which I had not seen before.

Anyone else wondering if TRU will put the SW figures on sale for as low as two for $9.99 as they did a few months ago? X-Mas will be here before you know it and I would love to get more guards and Hoth troopers.

JD

Jon Dougha
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
TRU currently has the Tie Interceptor on clearance for $30.
I believe this is part of their current 25% additional price cut on current clearance items. The sale ends on Oct. 14th(?). I found mine at the Dublin TRU and there were a few more to be had.

nohagent
10-04-2010, 05:40 PM
hayward still scaanin 39.99 two hours ago

Jon Dougha
10-04-2010, 10:04 PM
That is odd. But, I do know that they did have at least three left at the Dublin store. I'm surprised that different TRU's have different stock on clearance. Maybe the Hayward one is going to catch up later?

nohagent
10-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Got tghe $30 tie interceptor today. Plus picked up the $99 Turbo Tank for only $6.57 after taxes due to being priced to $0.00 clearance.

Woo Hoo

Jon Dougha
10-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Turbo tank??? At TRU Hayward?
Wow! Sweet deal!

I haven't seen one of those at any of the TRU's in a long time.

Did they have any others?

JD

Jon Dougha
10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
The sale starts today. I was able to pick up the Flame Thrower Clone and Goji at the Hesperian Target in Hayward for $5 each :). Just gotta' find the camo arf trooper. If anyone can pick up an extra one for me, I would appreciate it.
Have a good week folks.

JD

nohagent
10-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Yeah, sounds good.

Im looking for camo arfs as well. If I see extras I will pick up for us bay area guys as well.

I will do the same for Hoth Packs. If I find em I will let you all know. If you beat me to it or are not interested then thank the gods for the target return policy.

Happy Hunting

Jon Dougha
10-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Nohagent,

Thanks for the backup on the Camo's. I'll post as well if I get them.

I'll take a pass on the Hoth packs for now. Got enough of the older Hoth stuff although the new rebels look pretty good and I will be buying more of the new snow troopers individually since they are on sale.

JD

Jon Dougha
10-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Found those three figures at TRU in Dublin today. They had multiples of each one.

nohagent
10-14-2010, 08:09 PM
sorry, which three?

DarkJedi5
10-15-2010, 11:25 AM
sorry, which three?

The three in his subject line, Goji, Flamethrower, and Ki-Adi. All of which I've seen recently but never at the same time.

nohagent
10-15-2010, 04:13 PM
hahaha,
Shame on me

nohagent
10-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Are we seeing anything new yet? other than flamethrower troopers (which I did get and will be part of the kids bday next month)? I just feel like I am missing or forgetting to look for something. Any clue?

RooJay
10-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Well, if you're like me you're probably missing just about everything that came out around the time of Hondo Ohnaka and Aayla Secura. Hasbro is kind of starting to tick me off here. I'm far from a completist, but I hate having such huge holes in my collection.

DarkJedi5
10-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Dublin Target was putting out their end cap today. I got everything I wanted there but I know San Ramon is planning to put theirs out today or tomorrow as well. Happy hunting.

nohagent
10-17-2010, 12:45 PM
went to target last night, the union city/hayward one. reset was up and this guy had the last seven hoth sets in his cart plus a bunch of geo arena stuff my 7 year old son wanted one of the hoth turret set and the mexican guy said "better luck next time"

Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy the way as of 10am this morning hesperian hayward target had nothing done yet.

Jon Dougha
10-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Nohagent,

I picked up the last Defense of Hoth set that I saw at the San Leandro Target this morning. It is your if you still want it. Otherwise, I will be returning it later this week. Send me a PM and let me know if you still need it and we can work out the details on how to get this to you.

BTW - other Bay Area guys, the San Leandro Target also had the new Geonosan Arena 2 packs and the Senate Commando/Captain two packs. They also had the battlepacks with the Pirate figure.

The Arena packs are on sale for $9.99.

If anyone happens to see the following Marvel Universe figures while they are out hunting, please pick one of each up for me and I will be happy to reimburse you: Thanos, Constrictor, or regular Archangel.

Have a good week all!

JD

RooJay
10-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Found two DCUC Series 15 Sinestro Corps Batman figures at K-Mart in Pleasant Hill on Sunday. If any of you collect DCUC, now might be a good time to start checking those K-Marts.

Jon Dougha
10-20-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm having a good week! I found all of the Marvel Universe figures that I mentioned in my previous post with the exception of the archangel.
Hope everyone else is doing well.

nohagent
10-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Met Jon Dougha today. Nice to finally meet another one of our bay area group.

After that went over to home depot to grab stuff for my kids costume and on my way home, as much as I said I was not stopping anywhere today I did hit the Hesperian TRU and found one camo arf trooper. Looks like he is hitting the shelves with the new Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, and Gree according to the card back, however I did not see any of those other guys on the shelf.

Jon Dougha
11-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Found Shaak Ti, Embo, and Mando Warrior at San Leandro Target.
No sign of the other figs from this wave.

If anyone spots a Swamp Speeder, please let us know.

Thanks.

JD

RooJay
11-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Saw the Swamp Speeder at TRU in Pleasant Hill last week. Don't think they have any more left in stock, though.

Jon Dougha
11-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks Roo.

I found one at the San Leandro Walmart.

Odd though - they only had one each of the vehicles in this new wave. Usually they have multiples of the vehicles.

I also saw the Xanadu Blood at the TRU in Milpitas. Again, it was a single and it didn't look as though there had been others.

Low stock on these guys?

JD

RooJay
11-05-2010, 04:32 AM
If I had to guess, I'd say that they're either shipping one per case with more coming later, or else the early birds already got them worms, and we just didn't see the others.

DarkJedi5
11-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Unable to find the Swamp Speeder or Hyena Bomber in stores I bought them from HTS. Sure you've gotta pay shipping but I think they're still cheaper than you would pay at TRU.

Jon Dougha
11-05-2010, 05:44 PM
That is the eternal question for us - spend time and money on gas to find these things or pay a markup for the convenience of getting them online. lol

BTW - I spotted an almost full set of the new wave of vehicles at the Target in Dublin today. The Xanadu Blood was the only ship that was missing.

And, Walmart($23 and change for each ship) is about a buck cheaper than Target on these guys at this point in time. TRU is the most expensive at $27 a pop.

I'm done with ships from this wave since I already have the old AT-AP and am not willing to shell out more money for a Magnaguard fighter, which I already own, just because it has a new paint job.

Now, if they start dropping prices on the guys so that they end up at the $20 or less range...hmmm... I'll think about it.

BTW - Costco in Danville has the AT-AT at $85. Seems like everyone is dropping prices on this thing although no one has come in as low as Kmart with last week's sale. I'm still grinning about that one.

Keep an eye out for this weekend's sale ads. If the previewed Walmart ad is any indication of what is to come, things could get interesting when it comes to pricing on SW toys. Have a good weekend all!

JD

bkusna
11-05-2010, 05:50 PM
starting 11/7 vehicles will be $19.99 at Target.....buy them now and they will issue you a credit come sunday......:thumbsup:

Jon Dougha
11-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks Bkusna for the heads up. Do your sources tell you that this will be an advertised price? I ask because I already bought my speeder from Walmart this week and would prefer to have them pay me the difference. If not, I'll simply see if I can pick up one from Target and return the other one to Walmart.

Would be nice if they dropped the prices on the Hoth playsets as well.

DarkJedi5
11-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Yo guys, I made the rounds today and while I didn't see wave 3 anywhere (in fact most places are still clogged with wave 1 with a smattering of wave 2) I did see some good stuff out there:

Dublin Target: Swamp Speeder
Pleasanton WalMart: Swamp Speeders, Hyena Bombers, TIE Bombers and all those CW figs people are looking for like Embo and Boba. They also had the Mandalorian BP.

Jon Dougha
11-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks DarkJedi for the heads up on the CW figs.
Friday evening, I was able to pick up Shaak-Ti, R4, and Boba from Dublin Walmart. And, I left behind extra's of all of the above. They also had all of the vehicles you mentioned.

JD

nohagent
11-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Went to that Walmart Saturday. Empty.....still looking for embo. Should have ordered hts. Kids Birthday this weekend. Oh Well

Jon Dougha
11-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Dang, that bites. Nohagent, let me know if you are still interested in Embo.
If I see one I'll pick one up for you. If you need anything else from the current wave, let me know. I'm pretty much done with CW for this month unless they come out with Quinlan Voss wave before December.

JD

nohagent
11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah,

Would like to get that Embo but seriously don't think it will pop up in the next week. If it does then excellent. If not well....how man days till Xmas?

bkusna
11-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Went to that Walmart Saturday. Empty.....still looking for embo. Should have ordered hts. Kids Birthday this weekend. Oh Well

nohagent, pm an address and I will ship one to you priority mail to get there by wednesday

nohagent
11-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Just got off the phone with my mom. She was asking me what SW vehicles my son has because she spotted vehicle asst at Ross for $12.99 today.

Jon Dougha
11-15-2010, 06:44 PM
FYI - Earlier today, saw the Wicket figure at the Milpitas Target. None of his buddies in the new wave were there though.

RooJay
11-16-2010, 03:12 AM
Found all of Vintage wave 4 earlier this evening at the Target in Pleasant Hill. They only seemed to have one case, though.

DarkJedi5
11-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Found the remnants of what was at least 2 cases of wave 3 at Target in Walnut Creek.

DarkJedi5
11-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Scored wave 3 at KMart in Pleasant Hill but I cleaned them out. Target over there had some ROTJ figures but TRU is still wall to wall to wall ROTS and ESB. They say they've got tons of Star Wars figures in the back but since they collapsed the front display into the regular aisle, they haven't got room to bring out any more until they move some of what they've got.

Jon Dougha
11-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I was by the Hayward TRU earlier today and they were wiped out of SW action figures in general. My guess is that they will reload tomorrow, or early in the week, in anticipation of the big crowds for later in the week. Kinda' weird that they are not getting more aggressive on their action figure sales. The 2 for $10.99 sale is "ok," but not as good as their summer 2 for $9.99 sale or Walmarts' $4.50 each sale from last Christmas. But, it is still early in the holiday season. I have a feeling it will pay to be patient.

Jon Dougha
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
The two Kmart stores in Hayward/San Leandro are selling the SW figures BOGO. However, they had very little left when I was out there today. I did pick up a Woof and Anakin in snow gear. Irritating side note - the Hayward store had a number of POTF2 and Episode one figures :tired:. Apparently someone decided to get a marked up refund on 12 year+ old figures. Geez...nice holiday spirit... I mentioned this to a Kmart employee who works that section and showed her the copyright on the back of the cards. She said she would mention it to her manager and was quite surprised. It's hard enough to get new figures in at Kmart. This crap does not help.:upset:

On that cheery note - hope all of you Bay Area SW collectors have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

RooJay
11-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Wow, I just realized I'd said wave 4 in my earlier post! ROTJ wave is 3, right? I can never keep track of this stuff!

Jon Dougha
12-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Anyone come across Quinlan Vos or Cato?

Curious to know if anyone has encountered figs from this wave.

JD

nohagent
12-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Have not seen a thing.

Jon Dougha
12-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi Guys,

Stopped by the TRU in Hayward earlier today to pick up presents for the family and they had a full set of the Quinlan Vos CW wave. I passed on all of them since I had already placed an order through HTS when they had their 25% off and free shipping.

Best wishes for a safe and happy Christmas and New Year to all you SW Bay Area collectors!

JD

Jon Dougha
01-21-2011, 10:42 AM
In case anyone is still looking for a Jabba's Throne, the Walmart in Hayward off of Davis had two of them for $19 each when I was there yesterday. And, for those of you who collect DC superhero figs, they also had the Green Lantern 5-pack for $30. There were about three of those when I left.

Lastly, they had two Tie Bombers. They were in the clearance section, but the price was still the original $38. What's up with that??? I've seen the same thing at the Walmart in Dublin/Pleasanton. Why are these things in the clearance section and still scanning at the regular price? I'm a bit perplexed and aggravated because I've seen reports from folks in other states finding them in Walmart's clearance aisle, but at a reduced price, usually around $20. Are they simply waiting to add them into the pricing system in the Bay Area? Once again, we prove why we continue to be one of the most expensive places to live in the U.S. Ok, end of rant...

JD

DarkJedi5
01-22-2011, 12:35 PM
TRU in Pleasant Hill had 6 of the Endor Pilot sets yesterday and I bought 2 so give them a call if you're still looking.

RooJay
01-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Haven't been to the Pleasant Hill TRU since I bought my house just on the other side of Buchanan Field last month! That's very unlike me. Guess I just felt pretty caught up on toy collecting at the moment, and it didn't seem like there was much of anything new out. Knew I should've stopped by this weekend!

I do need some serious help, if any of you guys can manage it. I'm still missing Hourman, Zatanna, Obsidian, and Gold of the recent Wal-Mart DCUC wave. I would really, REALLY appreciate it if anyone here has seen them, and could at least let me know where they are! Last year, the Wal-Mart in American Canyon had tons of them in stock (an entire ten foot run, from floor to top, in fact) and I thought for sure they'd be getting as many of the new exclusive wave, but so far I've only seen leftovers here and there. They may actually have had them around Christmas time - I actually convinced one of their never-so-helpful employees to do a UPC scan for me, and though she tried to hide it from me, she accidentally let me see that they had some quantity in stock, though she refused to go back and get them for me. I'm a freak for the DC Superheroes, and this wave has a lot of personal favorite characters. I'm worried I may have missed the boat, and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

Jon Dougha
01-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Roo - check the actionfigureinsider.com mattel forum. There's a guy offering to send figures from the wave that you need for cost + exact shipping.

Jon Dougha
01-24-2011, 11:43 AM
The Target in San Leandro has the following figures from the Hevy wave: Hevy, Obi-Wan, Cad Bane w/ Todo, and R7-A7. They had them in multiples.

No sign of Hondo for those of you who still need him.

Keep in mind that Target has jacked up their prices on CW figures to $7.99.

That alone made it easy for me to pass on Bane even though I would like to have Todo. I'll be waiting for a sale to get him since I already have the first Bane.

Jon Dougha
02-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Very quiet here. Where are all the Bay Area folks? Anyways, I was able to find the new Luke Skywalker and Han Solo vintage figures at the Walmart in San Leandro; they had multiples earlier in the week. Not much new beyond that. However, I also picked up an R5 from the AOTC wave from the Walmart in Hayward today - that was the only one that they had. They also had a destroyer droid, but I passed on that. Not much else at that store. Have a good weekend all and post 'em if you find 'em.

JD

DarkJedi5
02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
It's been quiet because there hasn't been much to find! I went by my local Target and found the pegs jammed with Wooofs, Endor troopers, Sandtroopers, E3 Clones, 4-LOMs, and a few Dengars. But it's not like these figures are gonna go anywhere marked at $10.97! I just ordered what I wanted from HTS (with the exception of the Senate Guards which were sold out) and because they're $8.99 I'm still saving money, even with shipping. Oh, and if you go that route, don't forget the DISC10 code for 10% off.

Jon Dougha
02-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the discount code Dark'. Too bad, they don't have free shipping. Not enough of the newer figures that I want to justify $6.98 in base S&H. And, yeah, Target needs to get real when it comes to their prices on Vintage. Walmart is much better at just under $8. I have a feeling we will be seeing more of the newer waves in the next week or two since more folks are spotting these in the larger Bay Area.

Jon Dougha
02-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Not sure if this has been posted, but San Leandro Kmart has the AT-AT for $50 again. 6 there when I stopped by this morning.

JD

nohagent
02-22-2011, 01:40 AM
have not seen anything for a long time now..........................................

Jon Dougha
02-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Spotted two of the CW 2 packs at the Target off of Whipple this past weekend.
Clone and undead Geonosian and the Clone and Droid. $15.99 each.
Multiples of each.

Still no AOTC vintage packs....grrrrrr...

DarkJedi5
02-28-2011, 10:11 PM
I was hoping that Target's 2 for $10 sale would open up some space for new stuff but since Vintage isn't included I don't think it will have any effect there....

Jon Dougha
03-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Saw $50 clearance AT-AT's at Walmart in San Leandro today. What was odd was seeing that the Tie Bombers are still priced at a "clearance" price of $38...huh???
Decided to pull a DarkJedi5 and ordered my AOTC figs from HTS. However, I was able to get a Senate Guard :-). But, no Jedi Turbo Speeder. :-( With $4/gallon gas and 10% discount code, I was more than willing to pay the S&H.
Other than that, nothing new to report...

Jon Dougha
03-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Found the Senate Guard wave at TRU in Dublin.
Picked up Senate Guard, Weequay, Lando, and Fi-Ek.
I left behind the clone trooper and stormtrooper - not sure if both are in that wave or not. These guys are staying in their boxes since I expect to see a number of these figures for cheaper at a later date. But, I'm glad that I got them. Hopefully, this means that more figures will be available at other outlets. Good luck folks!

JD

Jon Dougha
03-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Found the new Obi vintage figure at the New Park Mall TRU. Not much else. Anyone see anything new?

DarkJedi5
03-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Haven't seen anything new since when wave 3 hit right before the holidays. Hopefully stuff will start to show up, though Target in San Ramon not only has only old figures, but also only has a handful. It's really disappointing.

Jon Dougha
03-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Found an El-Les at Walmart in Dublin - but that was it. He was stashed in an end cap by the fitness equipment.

Also, found a single Jedi Turbo Speeder at Dublin TRU. No other new figs at any of the stores in the area.

One interesting note - El-Les rang up for $6.50. Seems to confirm reports of drop in price on CW figs by Walmart.

RooJay
03-25-2011, 05:44 AM
Just realized I haven't been getting any e-mail notifications from SSG...hmm. Not that I have anything to report here...

Jon Dougha
03-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Found Vintage Wave 4 at the San Leandro Walmart. They had single copies of all of the figure except for Anakin. Looks like they also had a few of the Vintage Wave 6 figures. No Lando or Luke. I picked up the Senate Guard and AT-RT driver.

If anyone finds the new Clone Wars wave in the East Bay, please post. If you find extra's from this wave, I would be very happy to trade one or more of my extra's of the recent Vintage waves for the new Clone Wars figures - we would have to work out the difference in pricing though since the Vintage figures are more expensive.
Thanks!

JD

Jon Dougha
03-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Heads up Bay Area SW collectors!

I found two tie bombers at Walmart in San Leandro for $15! These are the same ones that have been on "clearance" for $38.95 since the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, these were the last two and I picked one up for myself and a buddy. However, it might be worth your while to check out your local Walmart to see if they have also dropped the red tag prices as well.

Also, Target in SL had one Droid Gunship. I was lucky enough to get one in Xmas from HTS, so I left that behind.
Good luck!

JD

DarkJedi5
05-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Hit the Hegenberger Walmart in Oakland today and found the better part of wave 6. I left the Dagobah Luke and the Fi-ek what'shisname. They also had quite a few of the ARC trooper Colt and the Riot gear clonetrooper. Also of note is the fact that these were all on sale! $8 or so for Vintage and it looked like $5 for SL and CW.

Jon Dougha
05-13-2011, 05:15 PM
DarkJ' thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for new CW for the last 2 weeks....ugh... Won't be able to get out there until next week. Hopefully, this means that they will be shipping to other Walmarts in the area. Earlier today, I was hunting in the opposite direction, South 880 Fremont/Union City and they didn't have any new CW. Plenty of Wave 6 Vintage though at the UC Walmart and TRU.

If someone comes across extras of these, please stash 'em and send me a PM if possible. Thanks in advance!

JD

Jon Dougha
05-20-2011, 09:35 PM
TRU in Dublin had an Aquadroid, but no other figures from the new CW set. Anyone else come across new CW figures in the last week?

nohagent
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Ok Guys, San Ramon Target today and found basic clone wars at $9.89 and vintage $10.79. Are they serious!! May as well just purchase on ebay now.....if you have the funds............

DarkJedi5
05-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok Guys, San Ramon Target today and found basic clone wars at $9.89 and vintage $10.79. Are they serious!! May as well just purchase on ebay now.....if you have the funds............

The saddest part is they haven't gotten anything new since before the holidays! Sure I might help clean out some of those troopers they seem to be stock piling but not at $11 a shot. Same goes for most of the Targets in Contra Costa.

Jon Dougha
05-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Nohagent, the San Ramon Target has always seemed to be more expensive than other Targets.
I asked a customer service person about this once and the employee said that they base their prices on the area. My guess is since they don't have much competition for at least 2 or 3 freeway exits, they figure they can jack up their prices.

And, yes, HTS seems to be a better option if you can catch them when they are stocked.

Jon Dougha
05-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Found a lone Colt at the Walmart on Hegenberger in Oakland.
Is this the only retailer in the area getting new CW???

Still looking for the Riot Clone. Once I get him, I'll be done.
When is HTS going to start carrying this wave in singles?

JD

DarkJedi5
06-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Found 3 Bespin Hans today at TRU in Pleasant Hill. I bought one and some other dude bought at least one while I was there. The good news is this means that wave 7 is hitting the area. Happy hunting!

DarkJedi5
06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Success again! Logray, Barriss, and RFT scored at TRU in Pleasant Hill. Left more Barrisses, Boms, Hans, and Lograys. No luck on the Fordo figure though.

DarkJedi5
08-01-2011, 10:21 PM
This month a few exclusives are rolling out. Target's got Luke's tauntaun and landspeeder, TRU has got the Republic Commandos, TFU set 3, and the clones and assassin droid shown at Comic Con. They're all supposed to hit the shelves sometime this month, I'll post here if I find anything around!

nohagent
08-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Saw that X-wing ground crew at TRU, passed on it. I wonder if that was an Error

nohagent
09-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Has anyone been to the new TRU in Fremont? I was there on the soft opening, only found the first aqua droid wave. Was told to return today because there were "unloading two huge trucks for friday" but I say nothing. If you are looking for force unleashed sets they art kept in the video game area, not in the regular star wars areas.

nohagent
09-09-2011, 05:49 PM
When does HTS ever carry anything new in singles? I still look there but.......................

Jon Dougha
09-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Nohagent - took your advice and made the drive out to the new Fremont TRU. They had at least three Republic Commando packs. I picked up a Commander Wolffe for a friend of mine. And, I saw most of the Vintage wave 5 set out on the shelves. No Republic Cannon though.

I too wish that HTS would put out some new singles...

RooJay
09-10-2011, 04:48 AM
TRU in Concord has had the Force Unleashed set for the past few weeks. At least as of my last visit on Sunday.

nohagent
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Hit the Jackpot this morning at Union City's Red. Picked up all the recent vintage as well as all the new renegade figures. The rough part was the cashier was trying pack twice as many as she could into each single bag. I know if I was one of those hard core collectors I would have taken her head off.......

DarkJedi5
10-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Found a bunch of Revenge of the Jedi figures as well as a few Hoth Officer figures (alas, no Bastilla and no Ponda Baba) between the Walnut Creek and Pleasant Hill Targets. I also scored the Search for Luke Skywalker battle pack (WC sold out but PH had 3). Did not manage to find either Luke's Tauntaun or land speeder though.... The PH TRU had the new Clone Wars battle pack with the Assassin Spider Droid but nothing else that was new.

On a side note, I have a Redeye and Mixer clone from the new Clone Wars Assassin Spider Droid and Clones battle pack available for trade/sale. If anyone finds a Bastilla or Ponda Baba (I actually want two Pondas; one for flippers, one for hands) please buy them and I'll buy them from you!

nohagent
10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Darkjedi, I have what you are looking for. Pm me

DarkJedi5
01-31-2012, 08:19 AM
So, with the glut of new stuff out there, are people finding what they're looking for? I know I've found most of it but I'm still looking for the WM exclusive stuff.

RooJay
02-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Since most of the new stuff seems to be repackaged old stuff...I can't say I'm looking for anything from Star Wars. I would be interested in knowing if anybody's seen any GI Joe Cobra Zombie Vipers out there, though.

DarkJedi5
02-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Got all of the figures from the Discover the Force line at the Pleasanton Walmart yesterday. They also had the Dewback and Vulture droid but no sign of the battle packs.

nohagent
02-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Was there any figures left?

DarkJedi5
02-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah, there were quite a few left on the display. It was a blue stand alone number between the electronics and toy departments. They still had quite a few figures, mostly the repacks though.

nohagent
02-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Must have missed em all, saw yoda and obi-wan and more yoda................would like to find that astromech and mawhonic above all else.

Yeah, there were quite a few left on the display. It was a blue stand alone number between the electronics and toy departments. They still had quite a few figures, mostly the repacks though.

DarkJedi5
05-14-2012, 10:16 AM
I actually found new product over the weekend! Target in Walnut Creek seemed to have part of the vintage wave 3. They had the Vader, CW Anakin, and the Imperial Navy Commander. I bought the Trooper but left the Anakin and Vader.

DarkJedi5
07-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Found both of the "new" Target exclusive packs yesterday; the droids in Walnut Creek and the bad guy set in San Ramon. Interestingly enough, they were the only sets I was able to find and they weren't on hooks, just laying around the SW section. Happy hunting!

nohagent
07-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Which are these? pics? I must be out of the loop

DarkJedi5
07-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Which are these? pics? I must be out of the loop

Along the lines of the recent "special" action figure sets which repack three figures to recreate vintage figure sets are these two "new" ones. I say "new" because while all of the figures in these sets have ben repacks up until now, these two sets actually include one new figure each. In the Droids set, the Power Droid is an all new sculpt that gets rid of the walking action feature of the previous sculpt and actually has the top come off for a little more play-ability. The Villains set includes the new Snaggletooth figure which is also an all new sculpt. There is a third set (Chewie, R2, and 3PO) and while I believe the R2 is the build-a-droid sculpt (which has only been seen in the Naboo Droids set from last year) I don't think there's anything new about any of those figures.

Sorry, don't know how to rotate the pic.

DarkJedi5
08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Recently had good success finding the TRU exclusive Rebel Pilots and Ewoks sets (found one of each in Dublin and then just the pilots in Pleasant Hill). However, there weren't any more of either when I left. I also found the new AT-ST at K-Mart in Pleasant Hill. They had about four of them when I left this afternoon.

Did not see the K-Mart Ewoks and AT-ST Drivers sets. I figured they would all hit the shelves at the same time, but K-Mart is such a crap-shoot, so who knows.

RooJay
08-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Hmm...K-Mart in Pleasant Hill actually got new merchandise? It seems like every time I've gone in there over the past five years, it's always the same old stuff. I finally just stopped going! I'll have to keep my eye out for those Ewok and Pilots packs - hadn't even realized they were out yet. If I find them, they'll be the first Star Wars products I've bought since January, which is the last time I saw anything new!

DarkJedi5
10-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Went and made my rounds again yesterday... found the TRU Speederbike in Dublin and that was about it. Swung by Kmart in Pleasant Hill and found that they are going out of business. Not a real surprise I guess. But that does mean that the two exclusive AT-STs they have are 20% off. Still looking for the Kmart figure 2-packs though....

DarkJedi5
10-25-2012, 02:41 PM
So I hit a few more Kmarts yesterday (San Leandro, Hayward, San Mateo) and had no luck though all of them had the AT-ST if people are still looking for that. Also saw the latest vintage line (and by that I mean the one that was in the SDCC set) for the first time on shelves though it was pretty well picked over.

indyjones1981
10-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi DarkJedi5. I have an extra set of the Ewok & ATST driver 2 packs. I love in Ohio. If interested in it let me know and we can work up a deal. I sent a response to another posting you had from the other day.

DarkJedi5
10-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks again for the offer indyjones but I was able to find them yesterday. Kmart in Concord on Clayton had one more Walker crew and a few more Ewoks when I left.

indyjones1981
10-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks again for the offer indyjones but I was able to find them yesterday. Kmart in Concord on Clayton had one more Walker crew and a few more Ewoks when I left.

Hi,
Glad you found them. That is good news. They are pretty cool. Thanks. Good luck to you.

DarkJedi5
07-28-2013, 02:41 PM
It's been a long time since there was anything to find, but yesterday I hit Target in SR and found a few of the 3 3/4 black series figures. I took home a Biggs, Luke, and Anakin and left another Biggs and the Scout Trooper. It must have been only one case worth of figures since there was no sign of the Padme, Vader, or either clone trooper.