PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Millenium Falcon - what's it worth to you?

gba88
12-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi Guys,
Ok, I initially passed on the BMF when it was released for a few reasons... primarily the price, then the size, and finally (believe it or not), basic lack of enthusiasm about it.

So, fast forward to about a week a go... yes, the TRU half off sale. This really inspired me to pick it up (aforementioned reasons thrown aside considering the half off sale). Of course, I was NOT able to find a TRU with it in stock.

So, now, after seeing all kinds of reviews, videos, etc... (and watching the OT again recently)...I'm to the point where I really want one.

They're going for about $160 & up (shipped) on ebay. Basically, I'm looking at it like this: Is it worth $200? It's not the price so much as just the interest/space limitation issues. I'm thinking that I've been looking at so much stuff online about it that maybe I've artificially amped up my interest to the point of where I wouldn't mind paying 200 for it now. Even though the original incentive was that it was half off!! I'm sure someone else can relate to this scenario.....

If anyone can help with the decision, please post, Thanks :D

AmanaMatt
12-06-2009, 12:46 AM
I love it, totally made me feel like a kid again. That said, I would NOT drop $200 as I am sure it will be re-released down the road again. I mean, I bought it day one, but $130 sounds way better than $200

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-06-2009, 01:42 AM
I was more than willing to pay $160 for it at TRU, even knowing it would be $10 cheaper elsewhere. It's probably my favorite item in the line. Of course, getting it on sale would have been great, but still . . .

aussiedarth
12-06-2009, 05:34 AM
I remember viewing the Comic-Con slide show on Sirsteves and couldn't wait to get my hands on one. I paid AUD$169 for mine, but I was willing to pay AUD$200 if I couldn't get it cheaper. It's so worth it. You can create so many different dioramas with it and just the massive size of it is impressive (most impressive!!). Love it to bits. Would definately be my favourite 3 3/4" vehicle.

elvandrik
12-06-2009, 08:09 AM
I love it, totally made me feel like a kid again. That said, I would NOT drop $200 as I am sure it will be re-released down the road again. I mean, I bought it day one, but $130 sounds way better than $200

I have to agree. You'll defintely see this again at some point on shelves, so you might save some $$ if you can hold off until its restocked. But on the other hand, it is incredibly cool and all the good things people say about the BMF are totally true. I bought mine the first day.

Old Fossil
12-06-2009, 08:12 AM
If you can afford it, then buy it and worry about space limitations later. No decent 3 3/4" Star Wars collection is without one.

gba88
12-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the replies :) I'll probable decide this week at some point. I'm not worried about the money, that's not an issue (I mean sure I'd LIKE to get a deal on it, but if I feel something's worth the cash I don't mind spending it either). The space limitation is kind of a big deal, but I've recently downsized a bit by selling some stuff on ebay. I always have my dad's to store stuff at too if it comes to that :squareeye

Devo
12-06-2009, 11:59 AM
As far as I'm concerned its a vehicle you have to have. If space is an issue you can rest it on its side up against a wall when you're not looking at it. I have no shelves at the moment and most of my stuff is boxed up including the Falcon now but I did have it out and thats how I kept it accessible without taking up all the floor space permanently.

gba88
12-06-2009, 12:01 PM
As far as I'm concerned its a vehicle you have to have. If space is an issue you can rest it on its side up against a wall when you're not looking at it. I have no shelves at the moment and most of my stuff is boxed up including the Falcon now but I did have it out and thats how I kept it accessible without taking up all the floor space permanently.

Yeah, it's big, but not THAT big... I have a bunch of those sterlite/rubbermade bins what I keep a lot of stuff stored in. I'm in a small apt. right now, but eventually hope to get into my own house within a year or 2.

El Chuxter
12-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Fifty bucks. Having never seen one for fifty bucks, I don't have one. Don't get me wrong--it's an awesome toy. I just don't want to pay more than fifty for it.

gba88
12-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Fifty bucks. Having never seen one for fifty bucks, I don't have one. Don't get me wrong--it's an awesome toy. I just don't want to pay more than fifty for it.

Yeah, before obsessing about it this past week, that's probably exactly what I would have said if someone asked!

DarkJedi5
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I bought it for full price and have had 0 regrets. The ONLY issue I've had is the fact it's a big toy and I had to move to a smaller place so putting it in storage was hard (they don't make many tubs big enough to accommodate something like that) and it's still in storage which is a huge disappointment because a toy that awesome belongs on display. Some day I think I will have to put it out and with the upcoming Cloudcars I may go for Bespin....

gba88
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
What *was* the original price btw when these were first out?

AmanaMatt
12-06-2009, 03:51 PM
What *was* the original price btw when these were first out?

I thought it was $130, but I guess it was $140...something like that.....whatever it was, I paid full price....yikes!!!! It does rock

DarkJedi5
12-06-2009, 03:57 PM
I think I paid $150 in my area, but things here are usually more expensive. Battle packs are creeping up to about $30.

gba88
12-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah, I think IIRC wm was slightly cheaper than TRU, but about the same price at both. My intent WAS to get one when they went on clearance, but it never happened in my area :( It seemed like almost overnight WM had TONS, then they were gone.

Maybe they were on consignment (I've heard a lot of ppl say that WM sells some stuff on consignment), then when they weren't selling they went back to hasbro. I should call hasbro and ask if it's been discontinued or what.... deep down, I've had hopes of it showing up at ollie's or big lots (some discount stores in the area).

Ji'dai
12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't own one. It's a neat-looking toy and long overdue but it just came out too late for me. Had that thing been released in '97 or '98 I'd probably bought two.

I've seen the BMF at the local Books A Million. I'm not sure how big that bookstore franchise is or whether there are stores outside the midwest.

Shortly before Thanksgiving the TJ Maxx here got in a few AT-TE's sporting $50 price tags. I was wondering if they might get the BMF too. I keep watching for it. Like Chux, a $50 BMF would give me pause and I might reconsider buying one.

Ando
12-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I paid full price for mine at TRU's July 2008 Midnight Madness event ($159.99) and it was worth it. I hadn't had a Millenium Falcon since I was a little kid, so I was excited to get a new one.

morpheus282
12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
My daughter decided she wanted the BMF for Christmas last year, so we kept an eye out for sales. We ended up getting it at the least likely store - Kohls. There was a deal around the beginning of November of last year that got it shipped to us for around $80. With the mileage she's put on it since then I'd say we would have gotten twice our money's worth at full price.

TheDarthVader
12-08-2009, 07:45 AM
I have gone back and forth too about buying one. I do not think I am going to buy one; at least not for now.

Engineernerd
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Apparently, Entertainment Earth is now sold out.

JediTricks
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Guys,
Ok, I initially passed on the BMF when it was released for a few reasons... primarily the price, then the size, and finally (believe it or not), basic lack of enthusiasm about it.

So, fast forward to about a week a go... yes, the TRU half off sale. This really inspired me to pick it up (aforementioned reasons thrown aside considering the half off sale). Of course, I was NOT able to find a TRU with it in stock.

So, now, after seeing all kinds of reviews, videos, etc... (and watching the OT again recently)...I'm to the point where I really want one.

They're going for about $160 & up (shipped) on ebay. Basically, I'm looking at it like this: Is it worth $200? It's not the price so much as just the interest/space limitation issues. I'm thinking that I've been looking at so much stuff online about it that maybe I've artificially amped up my interest to the point of where I wouldn't mind paying 200 for it now. Even though the original incentive was that it was half off!! I'm sure someone else can relate to this scenario.....

If anyone can help with the decision, please post, Thanks :DI am a stickler for pricing, that is a huge deal to me. I would say the ship is worth the $150 MSRP, and not more. It's very cool, but $200 is a serious investment and much harder to justify. It takes up a lot of space, but the interior isn't a major component of that, nearly half the vehicle is unusable space for electronics. I loved mine enough to rush out and buy a metal table specifically for it to display on, because it had nowhere else to go in my collection.

BTW, my TRUs had a few of these during Black Friday, sorry to hear you missed out. They really need to get their distribution together.