PDA

View Full Version : Definitive 3.75 vehicles?

gba88
12-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi Guys,
If this topic has already been discussed, please point me to the thread. I looked, but couldn't find anything. Anyway, I was wondering if there was ever a list or opinions collected on the definitive vehicles so far similar to the "character study" thread?

I've been clearing some stuff out lately and have been thinking of getting some of the main OT vehicles (not really interested in expanding to the prequel stuff until I deal with the OT). Thanks for any info!

DarkArtist
12-08-2009, 11:26 AM
hard to say. not sure if it was discussed in an earlier thread or not but I'd place my vote for the new BMF Millenium Falcon being the definative version of this ship. wish there was more dialogue from all 3 films but for detail and scale I think Hasbro really knocked it uot of the park on this one.

second would be the recent surge of X-Wings that have come out to retail starting with the Power FX version. these are great as far as scale and look awesome. just wish there wasn't so many of them. would rather see Hasbro concentrate on making us more pilots and less of the ship.

third would be the Large wing TIE Fighters. with the recent Target exclusive version i think Hasbro has finally gone as far as possible with the sculpt...the only thing missing in my opinion would be an electronic version with that awesome iconic TIE Fighter engine fly-by whine.

JediTricks
12-08-2009, 03:34 PM
This hasn't been discussed before in this way, though I did recently start a "Rank the Vehicles" thread: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=41541

The BMF is a lock, I agree.

The Luke Dagobah X-wing ('02) is I guess the definitive one. It's got its own flaws, but deco is really solid.

I'd like to agree with DA about the Large-Wing TIE, but the new cockpit pod schools the old one, and its colors are SOTE (gray with red instead of smoke) so it's hard to say which one is "it". For sculpt though, I do agree with DA, the new one is it.

Saga Luke's Landspeeder appears to be the tops.

AT-ST, the new Walmart one is really excellent, but it's only definitive for ROTJ, the ESB design is significantly different.

The '08 A-wing is probably the pinnacle, it looks great and has an accurate cockpit.

The POTJ B-wing I think is the best, even though the new one has a better sculpt. The paint on the POTJ one is much better.

Both modern Imperial Shuttles are the same deco, so I guess that is that.

It looks like we have a new Snowspeeder coming, so that is up in the air.

I really don't think the Y-wing is the best we can hope for.

gba88
12-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the replies so far!

Of course the BMF would be the best in that category, hopefully I can find one for a decent price soon.

I actually picked up the target tie fighter and the wedge/x-wing sets the other day, and I'm really content with those. I think I might pursue the dagobah x-wing too, if I can get it for a decent price.

The a-wing is actually one vehicle that I do have. Still waiting for the new snowspeeder, and I agree with the y-wing sentiments. No matter how much I wanted it when I would see it at TRU, I couldn't bring myself to spend the cash considering that the droid wasn't even removable.

JediTricks
12-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I bought the first modern one, and comparing it to the Clone Wars Y-wing, the OT one is painfully small and under-detailed. There's another minor retool to the OT Y-wing next year, but I doubt it'll change its sculpt issues.

So, technically, I'd have to say the TAC one is the most accurate, but that's not saying much.

AmanaMatt
12-08-2009, 08:35 PM
The TRU exclusive Tie Inceptor is about as close as we're going to get, and its close. My current fav...aside from the BMF.

Why the heck have we not gotten the definitive Speeder bike after all these years?

Old Fossil
12-08-2009, 08:44 PM
The current Vader TIE is the best... out of the two extant:), the other being the vintage issue.

There's the TIE Bomber, but the difference between the POTJ and Saga versions is merely the color, yes? (I have the POTJ one, but not the Saga.)

gba88
12-08-2009, 10:15 PM
The TRU exclusive Tie Inceptor is about as close as we're going to get, and its close. My current fav...aside from the BMF.

Why the heck have we not gotten the definitive Speeder bike after all these years?

Why in the world is this so expensive?? ($50 in my area).

JediTricks
12-09-2009, 01:01 AM
The pricing on the TIE Interceptor makes no sense, it's $10 more than the Target TIE despite being significantly smaller, having the same new cockpit pod, the same figure, and a simpler deco. TRU greed maybe?

I would say the definitive Speeder Bike is the AOTC deluxe figure one, but it's missing the poncho on the back. :crazed:

DarkJedi5
12-09-2009, 01:35 AM
I have got to nominate the new AT-ST as definitive. Technically we've never had an ROTJ AT-ST but this one is the best we could hope for.

gba88
12-09-2009, 05:15 AM
The pricing on the TIE Interceptor makes no sense, it's $10 more than the Target TIE despite being significantly smaller, having the same new cockpit pod, the same figure, and a simpler deco. TRU greed maybe?

I would say the definitive Speeder Bike is the AOTC deluxe figure one, but it's missing the poncho on the back. :crazed:

Yeah, that must be it then; greed! I've looked at it several times, and was wondering if maybe there were some hidden electronics or figures, or? Guess I have my answer now:tired:

Considering the pile at the TRU I go to, maybe they'll be on sale eventually.

JediTricks
12-09-2009, 05:10 PM
If they get the price to $40 consistently, I'd probably buy it. If they got it down to $35, I'd happily buy it, that's the price that feels right to me.

morpheus282
12-12-2009, 06:54 PM
There's the TIE Bomber, but the difference between the POTJ and Saga versions is merely the color, yes? (I have the POTJ one, but not the Saga.)

I've got two TIE bombers in the house, I've got the gray one and my daughter has the blue one. They're both great, but I've got to lean toward the gray one as my favorite.

gba88
12-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Rather than start a new thread.... I recently bought a dagobah x-wing from ebay and have a question. I'm ASSUMING that the wing ends for the right hand side are packaged under the cardboard in the bottom of the box. Is that correct? I'm not ready to open it just yet, but would like to have the assurance that they are, in fact, hidden under the cardboard, and not missing from the package. Thanks if anyone knows!

morpheus282
12-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Don't know for sure on the Dagobah version, but that's the way it was with the Red 2 x-wing.

gba88
12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Don't know for sure on the Dagobah version, but that's the way it was with the Red 2 x-wing.

I wouldn't be *as* concerned, but the box appears double-taped. I've seen this before though with transformers and other SW stuff. I mean the tape looks *exactly* the same and is def. factory, but none the less, it worries me a little.

DarkJedi5
12-14-2009, 06:24 PM
That's where the wings are supposed to be... I assume you're a "leave it in the box" type which is why you haven't just opened it up to see already. You might want to think about taking a peak, you may have purchased only half a ship.

gba88
12-14-2009, 06:41 PM
That's where the wings are supposed to be... I assume you're a "leave it in the box" type which is why you haven't just opened it up to see already. You might want to think about taking a peak, you may have purchased only half a ship.

On the contrary... I open EVERYTHING :D It just came today, and that's why I haven't made time. I see no point in keeping this stuff sealed....I collect some transformers too, and that has to be one of the biggest collecting sins ever...not opening transformers that are MEANT to be displayed/played with in 2 different modes :)

gba88
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Well, I figured all the time I spent posting.....I could have just checked. So I did and everything looks to be there.... lightsaber, both wings both cannons, and an extra chunk of moss too :)

morpheus282
12-14-2009, 09:18 PM
While we're on the topic of questions, I have one about the big wing TIE fighters. I have the blue one, but it was the only one I actually saw in the wild not counting the current SOTE version. Was there ever a gray version that matches the gray TIE bomber, or was it only released in white?

Darth Jax
12-14-2009, 11:12 PM
think the big wing TIE has been released in all colors (including the rebel one). don't worry, they'll be going back through the color options now that the new cockpit section is available.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
The new SOTE TIE Fighter is the definitive TIE Fighter now, aside from the slight color issue (the canopies are red). But the new pod doesn't suffer the wing-wobble of the old ones, and looks tremendous, and even has sliding cannons to properly represent the ANH design.

morpheus282
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
If the SOTE TIE drops to $30, I'll gladly buy one. $40 is just a little too steep for me right now.