PDA

View Full Version : Mandalorians in Clone Wars Season 2???

Jangu Fett
12-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Does anybody know when the Mandalorians will be making a apperance in the Clone Wars?? I heard rumors that the Mandalorians would be a major part of the new season, but with the season about half done (I'm guessing) I'm wondering if they'll show up in the season finally, and we will all have to wait till Season 3.

El Chuxter
12-10-2009, 07:13 PM
I know they were shown at the preview in Comic-Con. It looked like all their scenes could be from a single episode, though.

DarkJedi5
12-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah, and probably the season finale....

morpheus282
12-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Patience! You must learn patience!

Rocketboy
12-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Well the season is subtitled "Rise of the Bounty Hunters," so I would also assume they'd be in more than the first 3 episodes (out of the 8 broadcast so far).

jonthejedi
12-11-2009, 04:49 AM
...they're coming, they're coming. For Fans of Mando's...check out current SW comics from Dark Horse(including Legacy)...as well as the next(out Dec. 15th) issue of SW Insider.

Jangu Fett
12-12-2009, 12:56 PM
I think you might be right El Chuxter, after watching the CC trailer it does look like they'll be in only one, maybe 2 episodes. I was looking on Wookiepidia, I know that's not solid proof, but. It says that the episode with Obi-Wan and Anakin guarding Duchess Satine, that Satine is the head of the "New Mandalorians". I pacifist Mandalorian group. (Does that sound as weird to anyone else, as to me??? Pacifists??? Mandalorians???) So maybe there will be 2 different Mando faction.

And jonthejedi, I got that mando Legacy comic the day it was released,( AWESOME Comic ) and I can't wait till the 15th. I'm trying to get 2 copies for the different covers.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2009, 02:49 PM
...they're coming, they're coming. For Fans of Mando's...check out current SW comics from Dark Horse(including Legacy)...as well as the next(out Dec. 15th) issue of SW Insider.
The most recent Insider (with The Old Republic on the cover) doesn't have much of anything on the Mandalorians. The preview page in the last issue said it would, but alas, the feature has been pushed to the next issue.

There's also two preview images of Mandos in the Season One DVD booklet. Call me crazy, but when I saw that, I got chills.

I think you might be right El Chuxter, after watching the CC trailer it does look like they'll be in only one, maybe 2 episodes. I was looking on Wookiepidia, I know that's not solid proof, but. It says that the episode with Obi-Wan and Anakin guarding Duchess Satine, that Satine is the head of the "New Mandalorians". I pacifist Mandalorian group. (Does that sound as weird to anyone else, as to me??? Pacifists??? Mandalorians???) So maybe there will be 2 different Mando faction.
This seems to be what led to Karen Traviss quitting Star Wars books. She couldn't reconcile her Mandos with the ones from TCW. That's strange, because in the new Atlas book, it mentions several Mando factions, including one of pacifists, so I don't really see a problem. Traviss had essentially made the Mandalorians into SW's Klingons, with their own full language and everything, so I can't say I'm sad to see her go.

El Chuxter
12-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Traviss' first book was actually pretty good, but she got rather ridiculous after that. I couldn't finish the scond, and the idea of a Jedi falling in love with (and having a kid with) a Clonetrooper is moronic.

I've never figured out how a complete unknown got so many high-profile SW books based on some newspaper articles, when established writers are told, "Don't call us, we'll call you."

Jangu Fett
12-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I heard that Lucas felt that the Mandos could not be any race other then humans, unlike in the comics, books , etc. Where there are "alein" Mandalorians. They didn't care so long as the individual had the "heart of a Mandalorian". And that the planet "Mandalore" that Traviss discribes in the books is nothing like the barren, desert, harsh "Tatooine" planet that Lucas wanted, so he changed it. And that was the end of that.

And El Chuxter, I'd say give the other Traviss novels a chance, if you haven't already, they are are pretty good, IMO. Although I have not yet read the lastest "Imperial Commando" novel.