PDA

View Full Version : SSG's Tri-Weekly Hasbro Q&A - December 10th

JediTricks
12-10-2009, 08:36 PM
What's 5 days late between friends? It's nothing for Hasbro's answers to SSG questions for December 10th, 2009. Thanks again to Hasbro for the answers, to all the folks who sent in questions and especially those who voted on them.

Hasbro Q&A for the week of December 10th

SSG: The new Battle Droid figures in the Geonosis Arena Showdown sets are quite nice, but there are a few issues too, even aside from the eye design problem which you've already talked about. On the long-awaited commander, the yellow chest circle is positioned incorrectly, it should be moved up a bit as was shown correctly on the package art, as well as the 1999 OOM-9 figure and the 2007 Saga Legends two-pack figure. Then there's the issue of arm position: in the films, whenever the droids hold their blasters, they do so with both hands, yet Battle Droid figures from the last 4 years still can't do this, despite this new sculpt being made as a big upgrade. And finally, there's the the battle droid neck, which is assembled backwards with the angle bar in the front instead of in the back, and separately it telescopes into the torso rather than pivots down the way it does in the films, especially odd since we've had previous Battle Droid figures that could pivot. What caused these issues? It can be assumed that the Target sets won't be modified, but before either of these droids gets re-released, will we see any of these issues addressed?
Hasbro: The Target sets will not be modified, as they have already been at retail for some weeks now but we will take the deco issues into consideration if/when these figures are ever re-released. The choice to have the neck compress down into the torso was a deliberate design decision since the goal was not to accurately recreate the way a droid collapsed but to produce the best figure that could get to both states. We also hear you on the hands and holding blasters, and are working on a future Battle Droid modification that will address that. We don't know if this will make it in the second wave of (planned, but not confirmed) Geonosis Arena sets, or will make it into a future release somewhere else.

SSG: Back in January, we asked about what happens to pulled-back pegwarming figures, and at the time you hadn't bought back some in a while so your answer focused on other methods of using the packaged figures, but on October 2nd you answered another site that this year's pulled-pack figures were being destroyed. How exactly are they being destroyed, and are those destroyed materials being recycled in some manner, or are they just destined to become landfill? Can Hasbro further clarify the details of this issue and address rationale behind this measure which could negative effects on the environment?
Hasbro: Due to their nauture, they cannot be recycled. Beyond that, we don't have any details on the specific method of disposal.
[Editor's note: oh my goodness, they were chopped up and fed to orphans, weren't they? I knew it! -JT]

SSG: With the updating of Imperial trooper figures lately to have more accurate designs and sharper sculpting, the Biker Scout is so far one of those figures left out. Although one of the "vintage-style" figures, the existing Scout figure could use some upgrades including sharper armor and undersuit sculpting, a slightly larger helmet, more accurate arms including the missing elbow pads, less bulky shoulders, and better range of motion for the head, knees, torso and hips. How likely are we to see an updated Biker Scout figure like this? What would hold something like this back from being delivered in the foreseeable future?
Hasbro: A new Biker Scout is currently not in the plans as we have thought the Vintage one to be quite sharp and have kept that in the lineup, and have other troops we feel we need to focus on. We'll take another look at your suggestions for a possible figure further down the road.

- -

And our questions at CollectionStation.com (http://www.collectionstation.com/groups/view/Star-Wars/Hasbro-QA1210_66):

To some SW fans, Luke is THE hero of the saga, and is seen as never more triumphant and important than his final cinematic duel in the throne room of the 2nd Death Star. Yet Hasbro has dragged their feet every time with this iteration of Luke, despite releasing 6 Luke Jabba's Palace costumes in just the last 5 years (TLC '08, TAC '07, TSC '06, OTC '04, 2 different figures for Saga '04). In the past 14 years of the modern line there have been just 3 Luke Death Star IIs, and all are incomplete in some way: POTF2 Cinema Scene 1997 (preposed, soft sculpt, limited articulation), Saga 2003 (limited articulation due to action gimmick, preposed, Harpo Marx face), and now TLC 2009 (ill-fitting recycled limbs, wasp waist and odd proportions accented by reused limbs, incorrect belt, odd hand poses); and that's putting aside the whole "wrong lightsaber accessory every single time" issue. Now you've answered another site that the belt won't be corrected in this run, which suggests we won't be seeing Luke DS2 for a while again. We do appreciate that you've been trying to get the design better this time, but whether conscious of it or not, Hasbro clearly seems to have a problem with Luke Death Star II, so what is that problem? Who is drinking the Haterade, why does Luke DS2 keep getting the short end of the stick?
Wizard/ToyFare's Fans Choice top 30 poll has begun, but a few anomalies have cropped up that we'd like to get official word on. First is the picture of Bom Vimdin, the image comes from the Holiday Special rather than ANH, which version would we get should he win? Same with the ROTS Palpatine pic being from the scene where he announces the formation of the Empire rather than the claimed Senate Duel look, which would we get? There's also the suggestions that Cliegg Lars might have removable legs yet no mention of his hoverchair, and that Queen Apailana might get packed with another Naboo character despite being closer in size to a full-sized adult character than a youngling and not remotely Comic Pack-worthy. So would Cliegg likely have removable legs and/or his hoverchair, and would Apailana likely come with a second Naboo character?
Although Aayla Secura is getting a Clone Wars figure in 2010, your answer about a new realistic version said it didn't make the cut for 2010 and may have to be an exclusive. What about, instead of that trouble, just revisiting the ROTS mold and tooling up a new set of arms? You don't even need to tool up hands or the right shoulder since that figure has satisfactory versions of both, just new arms with working elbow joints. That could be a significant budget savings, she could be in one of those re-release waves that occasionally come out, and you'd get another popular Jedi figure definitively made. Any chance of seeing this happen in the foreseeable future?

JediTricks
12-10-2009, 08:36 PM
CS questions will be up and linked in a few minutes.

Anybody else get a Mafia vibe from that 2nd answer about disposal of the figures?

JediTricks
12-10-2009, 08:55 PM
CS added!

I wish Hasbro had seen our POV on Luke a little better, they understand the basic issue but there's more to it than just "the figure has issues".

I'm a little annoyed that everything we figured was the case with the ToyFare question was pretty much how it was. That's the problem with these things, sometimes you gotta confirm stuff you already suspect.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-10-2009, 09:06 PM
CS questions will be up and linked in a few minutes.

Anybody else get a Mafia vibe from that 2nd answer about disposal of the figures?
They dumped them in the East River!

The CS question suggested using the ROTS mold for Aayla, but that one would need new legs, because it had pretty floppy knee joints.

Droid
12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Another site is saying no second Scanning Crew Member.

They are also saying no more basic Legacy figures until August, which is really depressing. They think that is going to help the sagging Legacy line? Just the other day JediTricks speculated that the long lag in figures caused by the Indiana Jones line caused damage to the line which may be permanent. So they think no new movie figures - even the prequels - for eight months is the answer? Maybe during the lag - when we can't buy figures - they'll decide there is no interest and cancel Legacy.

Sigh.

morpheus282
12-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Is it just me, or does disposal of the figures seem really freaking wasteful? I mean, here it is closing in on Christmas time and thousands of kids don't have anything. Couldn't Hasbro donate these unwanted figures to a charity and use them as a tax write off? Even without a write off, it still seems more logical to give them to the needy rather than dispose of them.

Who said no second scanning crew trooper?

Droid
12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I would like to know if they at least held back the cantina table that went with the Brainiac. They could use those with other cantina figures.

JediTricks
12-10-2009, 09:41 PM
They dumped them in the East River!They know a guy in Jersey who took care of it. A guy in "waste management." Don't ask no more questions now! ;)

The CS question suggested using the ROTS mold for Aayla, but that one would need new legs, because it had pretty floppy knee joints.I can't speak to that, I didn't buy the figure, but I hoped someone would have said something like that before I asked the question so I could have added that part and not miss something important. I would hope Hasbro would know to address that issue either way though.

They are also saying no more basic Legacy figures until August, which is really depressing. They think that is going to help the sagging Legacy line? Just the other day JediTricks speculated that the long lag in figures caused by the Indiana Jones line caused damage to the line which may be permanent. So they think no new movie figures - even the prequels - for eight months is the answer? Maybe during the lag - when we can't buy figures - they'll decide there is no interest and cancel Legacy.

Sigh.Wow, I haven't seen that yet. I don't do my roundups until 3 or 4 days past so I won't step on too many toes. That is a HUGE bummer if they hold to it. I was just today doing a run and realizing that a large part of my year has been depressing because of the lack of being able to just go out there and find figures I want. Now it's all up to the Clone Wars line to hold our interest, and I think we all know it's not going to be able to do such a big job for us.

Droid
12-10-2009, 09:51 PM
It really does bum me out when I can't go looking for figures and I hate when all the figures for the year come within a three month period.

I hope they realize that there is a group of consumers who don't live on the internet, will just not see the figures anymore and probably assume the line ended. Will they come back? Will even us internet folks move on to other toy lines or other hobbies?

I'll tell you what though, I'm going to use that lag to pick up the four vintage figures I still need - Blue Snaggletooth, Pop-up lightsaber R2, Ev-9D9, and Yak Face!

Oh, and anybody notice that they said the WINNERS of the poll would be announced soon? I guess that means either a tie or that they already planned to make the winner. Wonder how many WINNERS we'll get.

JediTricks
12-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Last time ToyFare did a poll, they gave the ordered results for all the entries, but I'm hoping this case that there are 2 confirmed figures from that list.

It astounds me that Hasbro says "we hope collectors will come back to the line when they see what we're doing" and then there's nothing for 8 months. Nobody will be seeing ANYTHING at that point. You don't rebuild a market that way, you only sink it further. Maybe we'll have some cool exclusives, but that ain't enough for anybody not into CW.

morpheus282
12-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I hope they realize that there is a group of consumers who don't live on the internet, will just not see the figures anymore and probably assume the line ended. Will they come back? Will even us internet folks move on to other toy lines or other hobbies?

In a way, I'm rather hoping the line does end (other than CW) or at least cuts back for a while. Before anyone decides to crucify me, let me explain.

I already have more toys than I really need (with the exception of a new AT-AT)
My kid likes the CW line, so let it continue on for her.
With the amount of time and money I've sunk into the hobby over the years, I could have completed my Ph.D. by now.

DarkJedi5
12-10-2009, 10:46 PM
From Han's Hideout:
Q. Again, a follow up from previous - no Bespin Han in 2010, eh? I have to tell you, that's a huge bummer to a big Han fan like myself. With the 30th Anniversary of ESB, I thought he'd be a lock for 2010. Now you have to tell me which Han we're getting in 2010 so I can regain confidence that my main man is going to be treated all right in 2010! If you can't tell us which Han it is, can you at least tell us the source he's from?

A. Bespin Han has been pushed out to 2011, to make room for a *new* Han that we have not produced before. We can't tell you exactly which one just yet, but it is from a brief scene and features a new jacket. We were excited to be able to deliver some newness for next year with the 30th Anniversary of EpV on tap.

Any idea what that Han they have in mind?

And also, the site I saw they nothing new for 8 months answer on said that they were told to disregard that answer and that a new answer would be up at some point.

bigbarada
12-10-2009, 11:01 PM
A. Bespin Han has been pushed out to 2011, to make room for a *new* Han that we have not produced before. We can't tell you exactly which one just yet, but it is from a brief scene and features a new jacket. We were excited to be able to deliver some newness for next year with the 30th Anniversary of EpV on tap.

Something from Echo Base? Maybe a split second variation of his Hoth outfit? Or maybe the shots in the Carbon Freeze Chamber where he is supposedly wearing his ANH vest? But I don't think that would qualify as a "new jacket."

Looks like I need to watch ESB again.

indyjones1981
12-10-2009, 11:53 PM
From Han's Hideout:
Q. Again, a follow up from previous - no Bespin Han in 2010, eh? I have to tell you, that's a huge bummer to a big Han fan like myself. With the 30th Anniversary of ESB, I thought he'd be a lock for 2010. Now you have to tell me which Han we're getting in 2010 so I can regain confidence that my main man is going to be treated all right in 2010! If you can't tell us which Han it is, can you at least tell us the source he's from?

And also, the site I saw they nothing new for 8 months answer on said that they were told to disregard that answer and that a new answer would be up at some point.

Could it be the Han at the end of A New Hope during the medal presentation. He has a different vest/shirt in that scene. Well it was a guess/shot in the dark.

El Chuxter
12-11-2009, 12:11 AM
I guess it's not TIE Pilot Han, who wouldn't have appeared in any scene, no matter how brief. He didn't have any special getup in the Ewok village, did he?

bigbarada
12-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Hasbro seems to imply that it will be an ESB Han. After skimming through some of the scenes again, I'm willing to bet it will be from the scene on Echo Base where a part of the Falcon is blowing up in Han's face as he's screaming to Chewie to "Turn it off! Turn it off!" He seems to be wearing his Hoth jacket unbuttoned over a white shirt. I'm thinking that's the new jacket that Hasbro is talking about.

El Chuxter
12-11-2009, 12:36 AM
I'd forgotten about that scene. You're probably right, since I can't think of any other "unproduced" Han, especially from ESB. He'll probably come with goggles and tools, and would go nicely with the Mechanic Chewie.

Still, TIE Pilot Han would be a much cooler EU figure than the TIE Pilot Biggs we got.

AmanaMatt
12-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Great Biker Scout question....too bad Hasbro seems content with the one we have. Sure, its good, but we could always go for great. And we need an accurate Bike

JediTricks
12-11-2009, 04:13 AM
In a way, I'm rather hoping the line does end (other than CW) or at least cuts back for a while. Before anyone decides to crucify me, let me explain.

I already have more toys than I really need (with the exception of a new AT-AT)
My kid likes the CW line, so let it continue on for her.
With the amount of time and money I've sunk into the hobby over the years, I could have completed my Ph.D. by now.

I've heard others say this sort of thing, and I really don't want you to take this the wrong way, but to me, it comes off somewhat selfish to say. If you are so addicted that you cannot walk away and you pray for it to die so you can alleviate your troubles, that is your problem, not the line's. You could stop collecting and let others continue, or at least get help for an addiction, but to expect the whole line to stop simply to accommodate your woes seems unfair to the rest of collectors who don't feel that way. I'd rather folks like you enjoyed the hobby for what it is rather than feeling dragged down by it.

From Han's Hideout:

Any idea what that Han they have in mind?They have not yet produced Yavin ceremony Han Solo, nor have they produced Han-on-a-Stick Endor captured Han. Other than that, There may be some costume variant in Echo Base as well, Hoth coat on but classic bloodstripe pants or some nonsense, but I'm not even totally sure on that, so I think those 2 are they main contenders.

Something from Echo Base? Maybe a split second variation of his Hoth outfit? Or maybe the shots in the Carbon Freeze Chamber where he is supposedly wearing his ANH vest? But I don't think that would qualify as a "new jacket."

Looks like I need to watch ESB again.Ok, first half, way to go stealing my ideas before I even have them! :p

Second, HOW COULD YOU BRING THAT CRAP UP AGAIN?!? It's not a vest, it's JUST LIGHTING ON HIS SHOULDERS!!! I can't believe after a DECADE of this one finally dying out you have to bring it back up again!!!
HULK SMASH!!!
Ok, sorry, ok. I'm calm now.

Could it be the Han at the end of A New Hope during the medal presentation. He has a different vest/shirt in that scene. Well it was a guess/shot in the dark.It's not a different vest, it's just fastened all the way to the top. And now 2 of you have stolen my ideas! ;)

I guess it's not TIE Pilot Han, who wouldn't have appeared in any scene, no matter how brief. He didn't have any special getup in the Ewok village, did he?Seriously, you guys need to stop stealing my ideas before I have them, this is just wrong! Han is wearing a special getup in the form of wrist and ankle bindings, as well as fire and a stick.

TIE Pilot Han I dunno, maybe Imp Officer Han though, that has some cred. I'd rather they not go down that route for fear of Tycho telling us how Han Solo is really a clone though.

Great Biker Scout question....too bad Hasbro seems content with the one we have. Sure, its good, but we could always go for great. And we need an accurate BikeThank you. I thought it up all by myself after recently liberating a TAC recarded one I got on clearance a while back. I wish they had been more receptive to the idea, that figure is really missing the mark.

El Chuxter
12-11-2009, 07:57 AM
I only suggested TIE Pilot Han because we see him piloting a TIE and wearing the uniform just before his first meeting with Chewie in the Chewbacca miniseries. (Unfortunately, that series sort of made it seem like the two were running into each other weekly, with Han saving Chewie from the same Imperial, for a while before he finally rescued him from slavery.)

Old Fossil
12-11-2009, 10:23 AM

Sigh.

So this is how Liberty dies?lol

Seriously, that sucks. And although I can't logically justify it, this news makes me dislike the CW line even more than I already do. To my mind, CW production takes away time and resources from Legacy -- but it's just a feeling I have.

I guess we all need to take a good hard look at our wants from the currently circulating waves -- ROTJ, ANH, ROTS, ESB -- as well as the upcoming EU wave, and either buy them when we see them (as it looks like we may not see them case-fresh on pegs again) or put purchases of new (non-CW) product on hiatus until the 3rd quarter of 2010.

This is some of the worst news our hobby has had in a long, long time. Score 1 more point for the Great Recession.

El Chuxter
12-11-2009, 12:45 PM
It didn't have to be this way. This is all because Hasbro released a third Bossk in 2007. :p

morpheus282
12-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I've heard others say this sort of thing, and I really don't want you to take this the wrong way, but to me, it comes off somewhat selfish to say. If you are so addicted that you cannot walk away and you pray for it to die so you can alleviate your troubles, that is your problem, not the line's. You could stop collecting and let others continue, or at least get help for an addiction, but to expect the whole line to stop simply to accommodate your woes seems unfair to the rest of collectors who don't feel that way. I'd rather folks like you enjoyed the hobby for what it is rather than feeling dragged down by it.

I'm not feeling dragged down by it other than not being able to locate the items I truly want. I'm also not unable to walk away - I took a two year break around the time of AOTC while finishng up on my bachelor's degree. My point is that if Hasbro seems intent on running off the collectors, I for one can find other ways of spending what little free time and money I have. I'm also not praying for it to die. I honestly hope that these toys are around for my grandkids, but again, Hasbro seems to be intent on either killing or scaling back the line. I'm not trying to be selfish or wish death on a line that myself and others enjoy, I'm just trying to express my feelings that it's been a good run and should Hasbro kill our fun then all I can say is so long and thanks for all the fish.

That's the last time I ask not to be crucified...

Devo
12-11-2009, 09:44 PM
It didn't have to be this way. This is all because Hasbro released a third Bossk in 2007. :p

lol

What say you to this JT?!

Old Fossil
12-12-2009, 08:40 AM
That's the last time I ask not to be crucified...

Don't worry, it only hurts a little after a couple of days.

morpheus282
12-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Ok, so I'm looking around the web before heading to the local Christmas parade and I find this excerpt from the dewbackpatrol.com Q&A on why we can't find Legacy figures.

The way we used to manage our Legacy-type figures had to change to react to demand, so the new way of lower batch size ensures tat new figures can continue to flow in. A corollary of that is that there may not be an ample supply of the "greatest hits" type figures, including troop builders, since there are fewer remix type of waves that we typically deliver between main waves to keep retail demands fed.

Now I know my area doesn't have exactly the same mix as everyone elses, but all I see on the shelves is Legends and CW. As soon as a Legacy wave hits, it's gone. If Legacy is such a poor seller, why are the pegs clogged with Legends and CW?

</soapbox rant>

El Chuxter
12-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Is there a way we can ask that that hasn't been asked? Most everyone reports Legacy moving well, with one or two exceptions, but Hasbro obviously feels otherwise. Is this perhaps because of their emphasis on Clone Wars in dealing with retailers?

morpheus282
12-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Ok, back on the soapbox for a second.

I had to make two trips to the same Walmart today, one around 11 am and one at 6 pm. Of course, I checked the Star Wars aisle both times. In seven hours, it looked as if six CW figures sold. Not a single peg warmer of the Legacy line remained, and only five or so Legends. Almost all pegs were filled with figures, some overfilled.

Maybe I'm just not getting it, but if 10 cases of CW ship, five Legends, and one Legacy and all Legacy sell out but there's still nine cases of CW on the shelf isn't that cause to ship more Legacy and less CW? Are they basing sales on the actual number of figures sold instead of the percent sold?

Geez. I need a beer.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I checked both last night and this afternoon. I didn't look too close last night, but I didn't think I saw any new Legacy figures. Today, I saw the Han with partial Stormtrooper armor and a Plo Koon. If that Plo Koon figure wasn't there last night, then a case of the ROTS wave disappeared in a day.

Old Fossil
12-12-2009, 11:47 PM
That's another thing. There are approximately six billion Saga Legends Plo Koon figures on pegs around the country (give or take a few), and yet Hasbro decides to put out yet another Plo Koon in Legacy, with a removable mask.

Somebody(-ies) at Hasbro need a swift kick in the pants. AGAIN.

morpheus282
12-13-2009, 08:55 AM
I can't say too much, I bought the new Plo Koon but mainly because he had a droid part I needed. The removable mask was a little gravy on the deal.

Just wait until next year, they're releasing another Plo Koon but this time he'll have a new hat!

Darth Jax
12-13-2009, 09:11 AM
I can't say too much, I bought the new Plo Koon but mainly because he had a droid part I needed. The removable mask was a little gravy on the deal.

Just wait until next year, they're releasing another Plo Koon but this time he'll have a new hat!

they'll give him a hat because he isn't associated with it. but take a figure that should have a hat, because that's how he's known, and it won't be given to the figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-13-2009, 01:48 PM
JediDefender's Q&A said that the 2011 figures will go back to mixed-movie waves, which I thought was going to happen in 2010, but whatever.

ThePrivateUniverse got confirmation of 2011 Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan.

I'm with the thought that the ESB Han will be a Hoth open-coat version, which I never expected them to do but would be pretty cool.

The movie-based stuff going on (a very slight) hiatus next year is not that big of a deal in my mind. In 2008, it did essentially the same thing - two waves in the spring, then more stuff on July 26. Some people think that the wait is what hurt the line, but I think it has more to do with the economy; even then, everything sold well, or as well as it always has, aside from Yarna and the Organas, so I'm not really sure what all the doom and gloom has really been about. Still, there will presumably be Clone Wars stuff during the wait (and if you're not into the show or the line, then you're missing out and you suck :p ).

bigbarada
12-13-2009, 02:05 PM
The movie-based stuff going on (a very slight) hiatus next year is not that big of a deal in my mind.

It will be just like 1999 and 2005 all over again. I agree, it's not the end of the world.

El Chuxter
12-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Hold up, what? On the one hand, it's about time (14 years to fix one of the most sorely lacking figures in the history of the line, especially since he has a memorable speaking part). On the other hand, nice to hear confirmation! :)

Droid
12-13-2009, 03:55 PM
It will be just like 1999 and 2005 all over again. I agree, it's not the end of the world.

Seems as though there were some movie figures for sale in May of those years ... why was that again...:rolleyes:

bigbarada
12-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Seems as though there were some movie figures for sale in May of those years ... why was that again...:rolleyes:

I'm thinking about it from a purely OT collector's standpoint. :p

Some of us had to endure an entire year's worth of prequel figures while we waited for Hasbro to return to their senses and start making OT figures again. The distaste that some of you feel at the notion of having a year of nothing but Clone Wars figures on the toy shelves, is the exact same distaste that I felt in 2005 when Hasbro completely ignored everything but ROTS.

El Chuxter
12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
At least a few figures (like Vader and that awesome Imperial Guard) were usable as OT figures. Clone Wars figures can't pass as realistic (except maybe some of the odder aliens, like Wurm Loathsom).

morpheus282
12-13-2009, 08:11 PM
The original Ahsoka figure comes close to passing as a realistic figure. She's far from perfect, but close to passable.

Devo
12-13-2009, 09:34 PM

So thats actually the next ANH wave then because didn't we hear that there won't be an ANH wave in 2010?

I hope, if its still movie themed waves at that time, they make another cantina patron who hasn't been done before with those two. Much as I want an Evazan resculpt I also hate that a slot has to be taken away from an unmade patron.

Droid
12-13-2009, 10:01 PM
So thats actually the next ANH wave then because didn't we hear that there won't be an ANH wave in 2010?

I hope, if its still movie themed waves at that time, they make another cantina patron who hasn't been done before with those two. Much as I want an Evazan resculpt I also hate that a slot has to be taken away from an unmade patron.

Unless he is already getting made in the Fan's Choice I think they'll put Bom Vimdin in there.

He or the Ranat would be a really welcome addition to the scene.

El Chuxter
12-13-2009, 11:24 PM
I love the one question posed to Hasbro:

"I'm having a hard time finding anything, since the Legacy figures vanish."
"This is due to diminished collector interest."

Uh, what? That makes so little sense, I can't comprehend exactly how it came about.

It's also interesting that one site asks about the Max Rebo band, some of whom are a bit lacking, and Hasbro says Oola is in the lineup. Funny that she's a higher priority than, say, that POS Max Rebo, who looks ridiculous next to the two new band members.

Droid
12-13-2009, 11:33 PM
It's also interesting that one site asks about the Max Rebo band, some of whom are a bit lacking, and Hasbro says Oola is in the lineup. Funny that she's a higher priority than, say, that POS Max Rebo, who looks ridiculous next to the two new band members.

It's funny. I thought a while back in the Q&As they said that an Oola redo was not in the card for years to come. I am happy about it as I never thought the last Oola was green enough. I am also hoping for a Leia style alternate leg sculpt so that she can sit on Jabba's throne like in the film. I don't know, maybe they could pull that off with articulation rather than alternate legs, but I think the alternate legs look better.

I really think of the original Rebo band Snootles most needs a redo, preferably the original puppet look rather than Special Edition.

It is always funny to me who gets made and who doesn't. Hasbro didn't want to do Wuher, then they released him three times and still no Bom Vimdin.

Everyone knows who Nien Nunb was, sitting there in the Falcon, yet how many Ten Nunb figures did they make rater than resculpting Nien Nunb? Then they make a figure called Nien Nunb but put him in a flight suit?

They've done three Hammerhead sculpts and then never did Bom Vimdin, the Defel, the Ranat, the Colonel or Mosep?

Why SO MANY Ki-Adi-Mundi, Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar/Eeth Koth, and Plo Koons? Do people even notice the differences in the sculpts of these characters?

And did you ever notice how many Bossks they've made? :D

I'll never figure it out.

El Chuxter
12-13-2009, 11:35 PM
That third Bossk gave my dad a heart attack. I will never forgive Hasbro for making him. :mad:

bigbarada
12-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, a fourth Bossk is on the way in Fall 2010 according to Hasbro. So make sure your mom's life insurance is paid up. :p

JediTricks
12-14-2009, 12:24 AM
The answers from other sites have been added. I'm going to comment a little as I read them thoroughly to make sure they don't reflect upon the existing Q&A voting thread.
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1936

Both answers for Dewback Patrol are incredibly disheartening, even if the first one is being rescinded. I'm incredibly frustrated by the second answer, they are being very generous trying to detailedly explain the problem, but I was at Target yesterday and straightened up the pegs, it was a mountain of Clone Wars, a medium amount of Saga Legends, and a very small handful of Legacy figures. There's no more chance for the product to breathe, it is being literally choked off the pegs, and employees have no clue how to organize it due to the packaging being nigh-identical. Sure were a lot of SL Saesee Tiins though, nobody wants that guy anymore!

Glad to see the Noghri is still slated, even if it has been pushed back a year.

Waiting until 2011 for the Imp Scanning Tech with the scanning box is incredibly frustrating.

I'm surprised to see that Hasbro is surprised at lower turnout for exclusives. Let's see, money is down, interest in the line is down, pricing is up, and there's more exclusives than ever vying for attention - how isn't that a recipe for success??? :p Their answer also served to remind me that the CW deluxe line is lame and yet still selling well, so I guess the market has told Hasbro they'd like to see more lame junk.

Rats, Imp Shipyards got another answer stating the movie line is resetting in the Fall. Over half of 2010 will have no basics if this holds! That is the death knell for the line.

I'm kinda glad to see Hasbro is doing a blue/gray Jango next year, but at this point it feels academic as there's little hope for ANY of this stuff being found.

New Oola!

Well well, finally! In spring 2011, they're dumping the movie-themed waves. I've always been leery of the concept.

Jedi Insider mis-quoted the line about the Falcon, they have "what a hunk of junk". :p ("piece" is the correct term, they're probably mistaking it for Lando's line that it's the "fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.") I did like Hasbro's response about the Twilight though, and I fully agree. Plus, we haven't seen it in quite a while.

Kind of weird about the Scramble on Yavin not getting repacked with that answer that it's bucked all trends and is doing well.

I'm surprised to hear Hasbro or Hasbro has not fully pulled the second wave of plug on the Geonosis 2packs, I thought earlier answers said they were dead.

JTA gets another mention of the line going on break until Fall. :(

JTA also gets an answer about the new Han figure, it'll be from ESB and not Carbonite Han. That strongly suggests we're getting an Echo Base Han.

How does the Voolvif Monn figure in any significant way resemble Lak Sivrak? They are pretty dissimilar Shistavanens.

How the heck does Hondo Karr get 2 questions in 1 round?

New Galen Marek headsculpt for the multipacks. Yay! I wonder if we should bother asking a question about any involvement with TFU2 yet.

Ponda AND Evazan are planned for early 2011!

Based on that Cody's Belt answer, I think we need to ask about them redesigning the existing belt system so this doesn't keep happening. It's a little thing, but a far too repeated one now.

The McQuarrie TRU sets different from the main cards being an accident is very interesting, not at all what I expected. I'm also surprised to hear the paint masks are cheap enough that they just toss them and rebuild them later.

- -

Ok, so let's see what I've missed in this thread since I last visited...

I only suggested TIE Pilot Han because we see him piloting a TIE and wearing the uniform just before his first meeting with Chewie in the Chewbacca miniseries. (Unfortunately, that series sort of made it seem like the two were running into each other weekly, with Han saving Chewie from the same Imperial, for a while before he finally rescued him from slavery.)
You nerds and your "reading". ;) J/k, but that is a good reason. That Biggs figure sucks eggs though IMO, and I've always pictured young Han more in the black officers' outfit, the one with no rank pips.

So this is how Liberty dies?lolNo, the Liberty dies when it gets shot by the superlaser during the battle over the Death Star 2. :D

Actually, this is the economic version of democracy, sort of. I don't want to get too political, but the people's money has spoken, they are sick of Jocasta Nu threats and are pulling away. ;)

Seriously, that sucks. And although I can't logically justify it, this news makes me dislike the CW line even more than I already do. To my mind, CW production takes away time and resources from Legacy -- but it's just a feeling I have.I had that feeling last year, but now I think it's not the case, and that CW is taking away only the consumer base, but like you, that's only a feeling.

I guess we all need to take a good hard look at our wants from the currently circulating waves -- ROTJ, ANH, ROTS, ESB -- as well as the upcoming EU wave, and either buy them when we see them (as it looks like we may not see them case-fresh on pegs again) or put purchases of new (non-CW) product on hiatus until the 3rd quarter of 2010.

This is some of the worst news our hobby has had in a long, long time. Score 1 more point for the Great Recession.Agreed on all points.

It didn't have to be this way. This is all because Hasbro released a third Bossk in 2007. :pAnd here I thought it was because you kept asking for Jaxxon and consumers got afraid that buying EU figures occasionally was sending the wrong message that they might be willing to buy a Jaxxon. :D

I'm not feeling dragged down by it other than not being able to locate the items I truly want. I'm also not unable to walk away - I took a two year break around the time of AOTC while finishng up on my bachelor's degree. My point is that if Hasbro seems intent on running off the collectors, I for one can find other ways of spending what little free time and money I have. I'm also not praying for it to die. I honestly hope that these toys are around for my grandkids, but again, Hasbro seems to be intent on either killing or scaling back the line. I'm not trying to be selfish or wish death on a line that myself and others enjoy, I'm just trying to express my feelings that it's been a good run and should Hasbro kill our fun then all I can say is so long and thanks for all the fish.

That's the last time I ask not to be crucified...My apologies for giving you the impression that I was merely attacking and/or martyring you, that was not my intention.

I do feel though that there are WAY too many collectors who throw that concept around, that "I sure wish it was dead, then I'd be 'done' with it." Heck, I think Tycho said it to me on the phone in the last 24 hours, one of my SW buddies absolutely did. So it's really easy to misconstrue your original post, especially since it specifically says you wish it would end and doesn't qualify the statement.

lol

What say you to this JT?!Chux is really Slicker's Mom in disguise.

Ok, so I'm looking around the web before heading to the local Christmas parade and I find this excerpt from the dewbackpatrol.com Q&A on why we can't find Legacy figures.

Now I know my area doesn't have exactly the same mix as everyone elses, but all I see on the shelves is Legends and CW. As soon as a Legacy wave hits, it's gone. If Legacy is such a poor seller, why are the pegs clogged with Legends and CW?

</soapbox rant>Because Hasbro scaled back after the disastrous 2008 Legacy figures, which is what they're referring to (blame Yarna is the bottom line :().

Is there a way we can ask that that hasn't been asked? Most everyone reports Legacy moving well, with one or two exceptions, but Hasbro obviously feels otherwise. Is this perhaps because of their emphasis on Clone Wars in dealing with retailers?It's not so simple anymore, they already have been scaling back, and now we have a not-so-brief respite from the line. It is a question we should be asking, but it will need crafting. Get to it, guys! I'll do my part to help with what you come up in the voting thread.

That's another thing. There are approximately six billion Saga Legends Plo Koon figures on pegs around the country (give or take a few), and yet Hasbro decides to put out yet another Plo Koon in Legacy, with a removable mask.

Somebody(-ies) at Hasbro need a swift kick in the pants. AGAIN.It's this themed waves thing, I suspect, had to come out during an ROTS wave to be its hook. Stupid Saggy Legends line really feels like a drag on the main line.

they'll give him a hat because he isn't associated with it. but take a figure that should have a hat, because that's how he's known, and it won't be given to the figure.At least we asked the K'Kruhk question, even if the answer was thin.

It will be just like 1999 and 2005 all over again. I agree, it's not the end of the world.There has never been an 8-month break in this line before that I can remember. That's nearly 3 quarters, retailers and casual consumers will not make room for it in their minds when it tries to come back.

Also, '99 was the start of major disaster for Hasbro and their SW brand, one which ultimately resulted in near bankruptcy and an entire shift in how the company works.

I'm thinking about it from a purely OT collector's standpoint. :p

Some of us had to endure an entire year's worth of prequel figures while we waited for Hasbro to return to their senses and start making OT figures again. The distaste that some of you feel at the notion of having a year of nothing but Clone Wars figures on the toy shelves, is the exact same distaste that I felt in 2005 when Hasbro completely ignored everything but ROTS.Kind of a limited way to look at it. IMO, the worse offense is the OTC line, which bookended 2 new waves with a ton of non-new figures and then another new wave. That was a long break for anybody who owned all those figures already.

I hope, if its still movie themed waves at that time, they make another cantina patron who hasn't been done before with those two. Much as I want an Evazan resculpt I also hate that a slot has to be taken away from an unmade patron.Yeah, no ANH in '10. Whether it'll have lesser-known cantina guys than Evazan & Ponda, I don't know, but I highly doubt it.

I love the one question posed to Hasbro:

"I'm having a hard time finding anything, since the Legacy figures vanish."
"This is due to diminished collector interest."

Uh, what? That makes so little sense, I can't comprehend exactly how it came about.

It's also interesting that one site asks about the Max Rebo band, some of whom are a bit lacking, and Hasbro says Oola is in the lineup. Funny that she's a higher priority than, say, that POS Max Rebo, who looks ridiculous next to the two new band members.Chux, maybe if you read more than the first sentence of each answer you're citing, you'll see the correlations. Lower collector interest meant they lowered production to match that, hence, harder to find. Oola was asked about in that other question, and after they answered the part about her, they confirmed they weren't looking into the Max Rebo guys. Just because the answers don't fit your POV doesn't mean they aren't there.

It's funny. I thought a while back in the Q&As they said that an Oola redo was not in the card for years to come. I am happy about it as I never thought the last Oola was green enough. I am also hoping for a Leia style alternate leg sculpt so that she can sit on Jabba's throne like in the film. I don't know, maybe they could pull that off with articulation rather than alternate legs, but I think the alternate legs look better.Prior Oola-specific answers:
8-20-09
CollectionStation.com: With the inclusion of alternate "sitting" legs for the new Slave Leia, it reminds us all that Oola hasn't had an update in over a decade, and could also use legs to sit next to Jabba. Any chance of getting a new Oola with similar alternate sitting legs so she could sit on the Jabba's dais we all hope you'll make soon?
Hasbro: Oola definitely needs and update; we have her on our short list, probably within the next two years. It would be cool to make her compatible for any future dais that we also hope to make soon.

1-30-09
GalacticHunter.com: Two figures that haven't received the newer, fresher Hasbro update are Oola and the Gammorean Guard. We've heard that both have been at some phase of development, but how likely are we to see them in the near future? (Or how close are they to getting out of the "parking lot"?)
Hasbro: Oola is not in the works to be updated, but we think she is almost a certainty as the farther-but years unfold. She has been on several lists, but has been one of the last cuts each time. The Gammorean Guard will be updated within the next two years.

2-1-08
ActionFigs.com: Since Hasbro has just stated that it is unlikely that RA-7, Oola, BoShek and Takeel will ever be updated, is it likely that they will be re-released in the forseeable future with new/better paint jobs? And how about doing an Original trilogy version of Sy Snootles with the puppet's smaller eyes, perhaps even with the tusks and the feather hat and microphone - how likely is that?
Hasbro: It is certainly possible that they could be re-released at some point. We have looked at Oola a number of times, for instance, but just couldn't fit her into the lineup. We'll consider it when the opportunity presents itself.

12-21-07
4-inches.de:In the q&a-session from 12-01-06 Hasbro made clear that POTF2-figures won't be recycled for the T30AC- or following lines because with the enhanced production methods these figures are antiquated by now. Why does Hasbro then still re-releasing POTF2-figures furthermore like it happens with the Max Rebo Band as repack or the RA-7? And a possible release of an Oola figure recently has been noted as a likely repack of the POTF2-version. Why don't you go any further and only use repacks for the more modern figures while use new molds for re-releases of "older" figures? (Daniel)
Hasbro: Daniel - we are staying true as far as characters that will be updated with a new sculpt. There are certain figures, specifically very fan-centric figures like many aliens, that we simply will not be updating with new sculpts any time in the next several years, if ever. There are simply waaay too many interesting and new figures to create before we would go back and redo these. In many cases, these figures (such as the Jabba's palace figures) are still quality figures in terms of aesthetics, even though they may not be highly articulated like many modern figures, and there are many new collectors to Star Wars who are interested in adding them to their collections. In these cases, we evaluate the continuing demand of the figures and see whether a re-release makes sense. Since we are not going to be redoing any of the Jabba's palace figures in those sets and doing new ones like Ak-Rev instead, a re-release made sense. As to RA-7, you may not know that it and other figures were determined directly by fan vote for inclusion in the Saga Legends line. We let fans select these, and they determined it was important to bring these back, and we agree it is a good idea since we will not be updating him.

8-31-07
SWcollector.com: Which would we be more likely to see anytime in the future, a re-release of the POTF2 version of Oola, Jabba the Hutt's Dancing Girl, or an all-new sculpt?
Hasbro: Oola's prior figure (both sculpt and soft goods) were pretty good, so we'd say that a re-release will be more likely to happen before a re-sculpt.

7-14-06

SWcollector: Since it's been revealed that there will be an Oola figure in the 2007 toy line, isn't time for the three backup dancers from the RETURN OF THE JEDI Special Edition (Lyn Me, Rystaal, and Greeata) to get new sculpts, as the POTF2 versions of them are now rather dated?
Hasbro: We did not confirm that there will be an Oola. The "2007 line list" circling around has a gem of truth but many inaccuracies. We have no plans to update the Dancers any time soon.

Well, a fourth Bossk is on the way in Fall 2010 according to Hasbro. So make sure your mom's life insurance is paid up. :pThat's mean! You know it's all Chux has in life to gripe about that '04 and '07 Bossk situation, and there you go not even mentioning that it's an animated Bossk. ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
12-14-2009, 12:43 AM
T
Kind of weird about the Scramble on Yavin not getting repacked with that answer that it's bucked all trends and is doing well.This is still bugging me too. It was one of the things I was looking forward to the most, and I never saw it. Then they showed it on the slide again at Comic-Con so I got the impression it would be re-released, but then they said it wasn't going to be. I saw that question there tonight, so I checked eBay. I found one auction for it, so I bid $33 (+ $7 shipping to make it $40). That wasn't good enough as it was immediately outbid. Amazon had one seller at $60. Another site had the case including sets I already have for $120 or something. Seems that the only way to get it will be to pay an outrageous price for it.

El Chuxter
12-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Chux is really Slicker's Mom in disguise.

You found me out!

Since you know, I'll ask: do you ever feel, y'know, not so fresh? Well, me, I never feel fresh. Should I stop playing "spin the bottle" with drunken sailors in Bangkok? (I hope not. That's just so much fun!)

LTBasker
12-14-2009, 02:46 AM
This is still bugging me too. It was one of the things I was looking forward to the most, and I never saw it.

Same here. Now there's pretty much no chance that I'll be picking it up at this point, especially not on the secondary market. I felt the retail price was bad enough - definitely the maximum I would be willing to spend on it. Any higher, such as the prices it's going for, is simply out of the question. I don't really understand how Hasbro can sit back and confirm that it was a great seller, but they won't attempt to release it again simply because the battlepacks are shrinking? That's some real dedication there...

Neuroleptic
12-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Hearing how hard of a time people had getting the Scramble set, I'm glad I picked it up when I saw it. It's one of the very few things I was able to find this year that I wanted.

morpheus282
12-14-2009, 10:55 AM
My guess is that they planned on the Yavin battle pack performing rather poorly and were surprised by it. When they gave additional thought to getting it back into rotation it was too late. Now they're stuck with plans to change the look of the line which prevents the re-release. If they change the packaging to fit the Yavin pack, they lose money. If they don't re-release the battle pack, they have potentially lost money. Playing devil's advocate, I'd rather lose potential money than the money I've actually got any day.

Droid
12-14-2009, 10:55 AM
I agree, JediTricks, I found that whole question about the Defel and Lak Sirvak very confusing. It was like they did not know there had been a Lak Sirvak figure before and though I currently have the wolfman Jedi in my cantina as a Defel fill in, I don't see how you could argue that it could be used to accurately represent either wolfman in the pre-Special Edition cut of the film.

El Chuxter
12-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Okay, maybe we can ask something along the lines of this:

1) Collector interest seemed to be waning
2) You anticipated lower collector interest on later BAD assortments
3) You made fewer of the later BAD assortments, with the pre-color change waves being the lowest
4) BAD figures are tough to find, so obviously collector interest wasn't quite as low as you'd anticipated
5) A lot of people are missing figures, missing parts, or both
Soooooo.... maybe, in that 8-month hiatus, you might find it in your hearts at least to re-release some of the tougher-to-find figures, even if they're only through HTS, or even sell just individual droid parts for discontinued BAD waves, even if at some ridiculously marked-up price in order to justify producing them?

dindae
12-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I kinda feel like I've been kicked in the nuts. I was thinking that with the speed they have been cranking stuff out that the EU wave would be bumped up to January and at Toy Fair being presented with a slew of new stuff but now I'm guessing we won't hear much of anything at Toy Fair since who is going to get excited about something that isn't going to be release for another six months. Total for the year we are looking at 30 figures (although did mention an update was coming). Right now i'm in a buying frenzy. I'm probably the most excited i've been in a while. I'm even considering buying the BMF even though I have no idea where I would put it. With the leak of the Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, and Swamp Speeder I was thinking I was going to see a nice 2010 and now *POW*.

El Chuxter
12-14-2009, 04:13 PM
I hadn't considered the stuff we've seen. That's going to be an awful lot of stuff in the last few months of '10. Start saving your pennies now.

JediTricks
12-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Okay, maybe we can ask something along the lines of this:

1) Collector interest seemed to be waning
2) You anticipated lower collector interest on later BAD assortments
3) You made fewer of the later BAD assortments, with the pre-color change waves being the lowest
4) BAD figures are tough to find, so obviously collector interest wasn't quite as low as you'd anticipated
5) A lot of people are missing figures, missing parts, or both
Soooooo.... maybe, in that 8-month hiatus, you might find it in your hearts at least to re-release some of the tougher-to-find figures, even if they're only through HTS, or even sell just individual droid parts for discontinued BAD waves, even if at some ridiculously marked-up price in order to justify producing them?Hmm, well, that last part seems really unlikely. We've never been able to dictate to them the avenues for sales.

I'd also like to take them to task for the CW and SL lines choking off pegs for TLC, causing retailers to think there was no interest since the product wasn't getting shelved.

El Chuxter
12-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Okay, ditch the specifics. A total re-release wave might be a good idea, though. The issue BAF waves of figures always seem to run into is that one is rare, or one is an army builder, or the entire wave is rare except for one really unpopular character, or people who don't want the BAF have different tastes in what figures they want, and you wind up with tons of unfinished toys. We're not quite into "Best of the 80s" DVD with the fifth MASS Device component territory (where Hasbro still insists they're out there and they made enough, despite common sense saying that would be impossible based on case breakdowns), but maybe if they get a SW-geared question on that, it'll face them to look at reality on all lines they have with BAF gimmicks, now or in the future. (Lord knows those seemingly-rare concept figures ain't helping things out.)

dindae
12-14-2009, 05:47 PM
I hadn't considered the stuff we've seen. That's going to be an awful lot of stuff in the last few months of '10. Start saving your pennies now.

Not really. We had 36 figures this fall (from the TPM wave to ESB). With Titaniums, Evolutions, and the Comic line dead now and exclusives "performing poorly" I don't see that much aside from the ships we've seen and the basic line coming out.

Also it is worth noting that with 32 figures the Clone Wars is now the dominant line.

Devo
12-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Okay, ditch the specifics. A total re-release wave might be a good idea, though.

I wish they'd put out all the running change figures in one easy to get wave.

Grey Ugnaught, Hoth rebel #2, Scanning crewman #2, Bespin guard #2.....and the Jabbas palace BAD while they're at it. That'd conveniently fill in all my gaps from this year.

sebillba
12-15-2009, 05:25 AM
I wish they'd put out all the running change figures in one easy to get wave.

Grey Ugnaught, Hoth rebel #2, Scanning crewman #2, Bespin guard #2.....and the Jabbas palace BAD while they're at it. That'd conveniently fill in all my gaps from this year.

And Utai #2!! That would be an awesome wave. I find these running change figures so frustrating, not just because they're harder to track down (if they ever actually see release), but also because I've generally preferred the second version of most of these figures. I'd rather have a Utai without the painted on headgear, Utris M'Toc is far more interesting to me than Edian, and the grey Ugnaught, although sans apron, is closer to the vintage version - I've actually already got him (and am waiting on another), and he's one of my favourite figures of the year.

El Chuxter
12-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Another problem with running change figures: turns out, I actually saw the second Ugnaught. But when I saw him, I didn't realize the second one was out, and didn't pay very close attention, figuring it was the first one still on the peg. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Another problem with running change figures: turns out, I actually saw the second Ugnaught. But when I saw him, I didn't realize the second one was out, and didn't pay very close attention, figuring it was the first one still on the peg. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Even though it was in a completely different package? Come on, man, you have to do a little research. :p

Devo
12-15-2009, 12:53 PM
And Utai #2!! That would be an awesome wave. I find these running change figures so frustrating, not just because they're harder to track down (if they ever actually see release), but also because I've generally preferred the second version of most of these figures. I'd rather have a Utai without the painted on headgear, Utris M'Toc is far more interesting to me than Edian, and the grey Ugnaught, although sans apron, is closer to the vintage version - I've actually already got him (and am waiting on another), and he's one of my favourite figures of the year.

I don't have the ugnaught. By the time we found out when and in what case it was shipping - far as I can see online only EE has it with the ROTJ wave - I had already received my order of the ROTJ wave from BBTS. So I'd have to buy the entire wave again if I want that ugnaught and while I could conceivably use more of those figures I just can't afford it now. If I'd known beforehand I'd have ordered with EE and probably ordered the entire case twice over and gotten the quantities I wanted. For some reason the ugnaught is not available sold seperately. And then theres the crap of these OT guys shipping with EU cases. Really frustrating as you say.

El Chuxter
12-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Even though it was in a completely different package? Come on, man, you have to do a little research. :p

Next time you're going through really quickly to see if there's anything new while keeping up with a toddler who just wants to make a mess in the store, let me know how well things like packaging go through your head. ;) Seriously, though, everything they had was on the new cards, aside from a couple of Clone Wars figures, so it didn't even occur to me.

sebillba
12-15-2009, 01:49 PM
I don't have the ugnaught. By the time we found out when and in what case it was shipping - far as I can see online only EE has it with the ROTJ wave - I had already received my order of the ROTJ wave from BBTS. So I'd have to buy the entire wave again if I want that ugnaught and while I could conceivably use more of those figures I just can't afford it now. If I'd known beforehand I'd have ordered with EE and probably ordered the entire case twice over and gotten the quantities I wanted. For some reason the ugnaught is not available sold seperately. And then theres the crap of these OT guys shipping with EU cases. Really frustrating as you say.

A fellow SSGer picked one up for me, but I wanted another, and found a reasonable seller on ebay - he had about a dozen at $9.99 each (loose) - even with shipping it worked out cheaper than if I'd ever found one at my local TRU. They sold out very quickly though. I also got an email from Wayne at Star Action Figures, saying he was getting a few, and knew I wanted one... I told him I was already sorted, so didn't ask about price, but it might be worth dropping him a line.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Another problem with running change figures: turns out, I actually saw the second Ugnaught. But when I saw him, I didn't realize the second one was out, and didn't pay very close attention, figuring it was the first one still on the peg. I'm sure I'm not the only one.That's not a problem with running changes, but with the eyeballs looking at them. :p The original Ugnaught is only on the '08 blue/white cards and has a blue smock and the first head design. The new Ugnaught is only on the '09 red/white cards and has a gray outfit and the second head design.