PDA

View Full Version : Starship Troopers + Mad Max

Darth Duranium
12-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Came across a couple of pricey items (each is about $130!) from HLJ in Japan:

The Roger Young and TAC Fighter from SST, and a couple of Mad Max replica cars.

I'd like the Roger Young but I'll have to wait until the yen loses 3/4 of its value against the dollar! I have a hunch that'll be a while...

Blue2th
12-12-2009, 02:03 PM
The Roger Young must be resin in a larger scale?
Too bad Konami didn't do those.

I have the TAC Fighter and Dropship (not sure if it's called that) in Action Fleet.
I missed all the cool bugs though, except for a very large 3.75 scale electronic Warrior Bug that Galoob made I got.

Darth Duranium
12-17-2009, 06:08 PM
The Rodger Young is only 9 inches long... pretty small for $140! But it turns out that it's cast in pewter so maybe that's not so extortionate. Agreed Blue, Konami should have done these, along with the 5th Element ships.

I'd love to see a 2001: A Space Odyssey set too! I loved the ships from that flick. Why not a Matrix set too?

I never did pick up the Starship Troopers AFs... I think the TAC Fighter's pretty cool but I wasn't too excited about the others... never could pull the trigger, though I've been tempted. I still see the Bugs on store shelves, once in a while.:D

Rocketboy
12-17-2009, 06:46 PM
The Rodger Young is only 9 inches long... pretty small for $140!There's a very dirty joke there somewhere.