PDA

View Full Version : Force Unleashed 2

DarkJedi5
12-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Article (http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20091212.html) from LucasArts

Gotta say, I'm a little upset about this. It was a great game but how do you bring back Garen Malek? If the first story was canon and he died to establish the Alliance... I don't get it. Well the trailer is set to be released on 12/14 here (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed2/#)

autumnsdescent
12-13-2009, 05:58 PM
This is interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the original and extended sith edition of the game. Not sure how they will put the Starkiller in the second game since movie continuity requires he's gone after the first game (trying not to spoil anything for those who haven't played it). Perhaps they will make this a prequel? Either way, I'm up for more levels - I really enjoyed the game play, graphics, and storytelling of the first.

Jangu Fett
12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
I don't think FU 2 will be a prequel, going by the Vader's and Yoda's voices all saying something about "Death is the natual order" or "you are only a shell of your former self". And then hearing Juno say "Well I ever see you again?".

Let's face it, Galen Marek SURVIVES, both Vader and Palpatine. I'm am thrilled beyond measure that he's still alive. I hated it when, I thought he was killed. And just going be the first game, how powerful Marek was, can't say I'm really surprised. Galen Marek is arguably one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful jedi/sith. Or he could just be a clone.

I thought watching the VGAs that the "Star Wars Announcement" would be about the new MMO game The Old Republic. I did not expect to see Star Wars: Force Unleashed II. Hearing both voices, I first that it was Anakin. Then realized it was Vader's voice, I thought maybe Luke. Then hearing Juno, and seeing Marek pull off his hood. I nearly wet my pants, this game cannot be released fast enough for me.

DarkJedi5
12-13-2009, 10:44 PM
I would very much appreciate if LA took their time on this one. The issues with the last game made it unplayable for me for about the first 2 months I owned it. Better to get it right the first time then have to fix it after the fact.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I liked the first one a lot so this is interesting. If they don't release it on PS2, then by next year, I might just buckle and upgrade, even though I don't play video games too much. This and Beatles Rock Band might just be enough, though . . . if Battlefront III finally gets made, and just for next-gen consoles, then I'll be sold. :D

Rocketboy
12-14-2009, 05:53 PM
So then...FU2?

El Chuxter
12-14-2009, 05:57 PM
FU2: Slicker's Mom.

Lord Malakite
12-15-2009, 06:54 PM
FU2: Slicker's Mom.
Never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Jangu Fett
12-17-2009, 09:38 PM
I wonder if Hasbro will do any more figures for this game. I hope.................maybe even release a Rogue Shadow vehicle:love::love::love::love::love: There are rumors that the next miniature sets after Masters of the Force, is pushed back for another mini-game set base on The Force Unleashed 2.

DarkJedi5
12-18-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm doubtful we'll ever see a 3 3/4 Rogue Shadow. That's a lot of tooling for a ship from a video game. I know they did it for the Outrider but that was a long time ago, and frankly the sculpt didn't do it any justice. Also, if they aren't going to do a Twilight from the movie and various episodes of CW, then the Rogue Shadow seems even more unlikely. As for more figures? Sure why not. We'll see what new characters are introduced but with the general pull back in the Legacy line and the death of the comic-packs (forcing EU figures back into the mainstream) we may see a few characters but i doubt there will be anything like the entire wave we saw last time.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I am not sure how to feel. I mean, Galen Marek survived getting lightsabered through the chest and spaced in the first game, so it's not ENTIRELY outrageous that he might somehow survive, but it's so damned unlikely to survive what went down at the end of the last game (the canon ending).

Still, it's clear they're going elseworlds with the last 2 extra levels, so maybe that's what they're going for here. Either way, I want to see more of TFU style of play, my only real complaint of the original game was that it's too short.

DarkArtist
01-15-2010, 12:21 PM
well depending on how you played the game there are 2 possibilites. first when Vader stabs him and throws him into space the next cut scene states that Vader rebuilt his body (possibly making Starkiller more like Vader in this respect).

also depending on if you went after the Emperor to save the rebels in which you sacrifice yourself to let the Rebels escape and form the Alliance or if you go after Vader thus destroying him and taking the place of Vader in which the cut scene is Starkiller once again strapped down on an operating table being rebuilt by Palpatine.

Maybe, The Force Unleashed 2 expands upon the idea of killing off Vader and thus seeking out the Rebels as the new Sith Lord serving Palpatine.

either way can't wait for this game to hit the shevles:love::love::love::love:

as far as figures.... we are getting the 2 TRU exclusive 5 packs of figures so perhaps we will see some new figures mixed in the sets that reflect the all new look of Starkiller. would love to have a 3.75 scale Rogue Shadow:love::love: one of my favorite EU ship designs next to the TIE Defender but I have to agree with others that the chances of seeing one are slim to none.