PDA

View Full Version : Fans' Choice PREDICTION as to who will win.

Droid
12-17-2009, 03:16 PM
With results coming any day, who do you THINK will win. NOT who do you want to win? Please just pick one that you think will be one of the winners, even though Hasbro said there will be winnerS.

Here were the top 30:

Admiral Pellaeon
Bastila Shan
Barriss Offee
Ben Quadrinaros
Bom Vimdin
Cane Adiss
Cliegg Lars
Cordé
Darth Caedus
Darth Plagueis
Darth Sidious Senate Duel
Dash Rendar
Dormé
Dr. Evazan
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guri
Jaxxon
Jocasta Nu
Joruus C'baoth
Kitster and Wald
Queen Apailana
Queen Jamillia
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Sgt. Doallyn
Sim Aloo
Taym Dren-Garen
Tey How
Toryn Farr
Tzizvvt
Weequay Skiff Master

I think Bastila Shan will win. She was the highest rated figure from the last poll that still hasn't been made. Certainly not my choice!

El Chuxter
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Jaxxon won in my heart.

I'm thinking Evazan, since they already announced him for 2011.

Droid
12-17-2009, 03:20 PM
If someone is a winner that wasn't already in production, how long do you think it will take to see the figure?

bigbarada
12-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I predict that those five people who want Jocasta Nu have been flooding the poll with votes since day one (obviously because they are total losers), so she will end up being the winner. Hasbro will make her under protest and the line will die.

El Chuxter
12-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Dunno. But back when they showed the progress on the Fan's Choice figure (didn't they only do that once?), the sculpt for Ellors Madakk seemed to materialize in record time. I always found it fishy that Ephant Mon (or was it Amanaman?) was dominating, then Ellors came from behind in the last couple of days, and BAM! Prototype within a week or two.

Tycho
12-17-2009, 04:29 PM
OK, I think they are prototyping almost all of these since it's a smart idea to make the figures most-wanted off this list.

However, I'd like to see them correct an error. Remember the 500th Figure Anniversary Darth Vader? Well there still are not 500 different Darth Vader's offered. :yes:

Seriously, I think voting for the more unlikely characters like Jocasta Nu or Cliegg Lars, is a great strategy to get them made.

Joruus C'Boath and the other PT Naboo Queens also fit that description.

Personally, with the Noghri originally slated for a possibly cancelled Comic 2-pack, I wish that figure had done better.

From the list, I'd buy everything except:

Darth Plagueis (no one to go with him really unless the EU develops the character)
Dr. Evazan (don't want a resculpt over new cantina figures like Bom Vimdim)
Grand Moff Tarkin (don't need period - for what - a "skirt?")
Jaxxon (funny, but not a fan)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2009, 05:09 PM
I have no idea who won. As was said, Jocasta Nu had very few fans; GeonosisJedi was the only one here who really wanted her, and he only registered here so he could talk about it (and I've seen him on at least one other site as well, doing the same thing).

The last time, EU stuff did well, and I think it was due in part to the fact that it was run by Wizard, which has an audience that is into that kind of stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if an EU figure won. Pellaeon would be a colossal waste, though - we already have so many Imperial Officers that, no matter how important the character was in the comics, a figure of him would just be redundant.

Chux, several of the characters on the poll from last time were already in production, like Quinlan Vos and the Galactic Marine, off the top of my head. Quinlan won, and I don't doubt that, but they bumped him to say that Revan won. They already confirmed Barriss, Rebel Fleet Trooper, and Dr. Evazan, and I think they confirmed Bom Vimdin (but maybe not), so even if any of them win, they'll move down to the next one. I'm not sure what happened with the Ellorrs Madak thing, but they've run several other polls since then - that was nearly a decade ago; let it go, man! :D I know you love conspiracies when it comes to SW, but this is yet another case of "it just ain't so." :p

It seems like there are so many "not gonna make this" figures on there that it will be really interesting to see how it all turns out.

El Chuxter
12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I've said before I don't think it's really a conspiracy, but a sort of "test." They do one poll, Amanaman's winning, then they change it so that Ellors wins. Then they do another, with Amanaman already planned, and he does just as well as the concept Stormtrooper. So they say Amanaman won, and get cracking on the Stormtrooper, who wins the next poll over Ephant Mon. We're still getting the figures, just a poll behind. :)

Under the ToyFare way, who knows. I believe Quinlan was planned, and it did take longer to get Darth Cobra Commander. Then the list became, beyond the winner, became free market research. :D (Though I did find it funny they kept referring to Revan as a "mandate" from fans, when the top several places were all quite close in voting.) I think you're right: this list won't quite serve the same purpose. They've said, for instance, no Jocasta Nu unless she wins. (Which is unfortunate--I'm not clamoring for her, but she'd be a cool addition to my collection, and would be tough to customize, especially to today's standards.)

Tycho
12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
JabbaJohn, I too want Jocasta. If you'll look, she's always on my voted-for lists in all the polling we do here.

I want to make a Jedi library diorama as part of the Temple diorama. I have an extra Shaak-Ti and Obi-wan figure, plus the Library Droids from the cut-scene, and extra younglings to recreate this scene from AOTC.

I may change it though to have the 501st storming through and use some of the Geonosis Jedi for fighting the Clones in the library instead though.

Does anyone know if it was actually Anakin that killed Jocasta Nu, or did she fall by Clone Troopers?

El Chuxter
12-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Does anyone know if it was actually Anakin that killed Jocasta Nu, or did she fall by Clone Troopers?

I think she's one of those who has conflicting information about her death (though not nearly as bad as Shaak Ti, who died, what, three different ways in ROTS, but was still around for TFU to die again). The video game adaptation shows her being pretty defiant to Vader, before getting skewered on his blade.

sebillba
12-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I also think Jocasta Nu will win, thanks to a minority taking advantage of the multi-vote loophole. The same few were also campaigning against Bom Vimdin on various sites, saying he was a wasted vote since he'd already been confirmed - when in fact he's never been cited as a definite.

El Chuxter
12-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Call me nuts, but I would've preferred Bom Vimdin be made around 2001. Something about the slightly bulkier look of the POTJ line, with no gappy joints, would've looked better on him. Don't get me wrong; I'll still jump at the chance to get him. Only I'm afraid now he'd be this gappy, arthritic intergalactic heroin addict.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Call me nuts, but I would've preferred Bom Vimdin be made around 2001. Something about the slightly bulkier look of the POTJ line, with no gappy joints, would've looked better on him. Don't get me wrong; I'll still jump at the chance to get him. Only I'm afraid now he'd be this gappy, arthritic intergalactic heroin addict.
How were the POTJ figures chunky? You just mentioned Ellorrs Madak, and he's one of the skinniest figures around. The ROTS Mas Amedda is much bigger than the POTJ one as well. So, what you talkin' 'bout?

Also, I don't know of any other versions of Jocasta's death aside from the video game. Maybe the novel, but I don't remember them calling her out specifically. And then as far as Shaak Ti, since neither of her scenes made it into the movie, neither of those deaths were canon. In the novel, I think Anakin killed her in the temple, but tough nuts. :p

El Chuxter
12-17-2009, 06:50 PM
I guess I chose my word wrong. I was thinking "more solid." Some of the more recent figures seem a little more fragile to me, at least aesthetically.

bigbarada
12-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Shaak Ti is apparently the Jean Grey of the Star Wars universe. :p

morpheus282
12-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Would it be silly of me to hope for Guri?

Tycho
12-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Morpheus, Hasbro already has Guri on their radar. I think we'll get her no matter what the outcome of this poll.

I think a character's longest running lifespan is probably what's best used as "cannon."

In this case, Shaak-Ti lives to face Starkiller on Fallucia and the EU just has to write their way around anything else that's been done in books or games, or even deleted scenes.

Somehow I think it would have been more dramatic if Jocasta Nu survived the raid on the Temple and saved Younglings, helping them escape like to (EU related) Plett's Well or whatever that was - Children of the Jedi I think was the correct novel.

She could then sadly die from old age or having read something that didn't agree with her.

A story about one of the Jedi children she rescued could make for cool EU. Maybe they also form a resistance band or a smugglers' ring or something cool.

I think in another thread I'm discussing what happened to the Jedi washouts like Ferus Olin, and if they ever banded together to resist the Empire.

morpheus282
12-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Didn't realize that Guri actually had potential for production in the near future. That's what I get for sleeping.

I rather like that potential story of Jocasta saving some younglings. I might consider actually buying a figure if that were the case.

GeonosisJedi
12-17-2009, 09:40 PM
I think the poll is too close to call.
However, I really do think that Jocasta Nu can and will win. I realize that I've been one of the more vocal supporters, but she has recieved alot of support from other fans too.

In the end, I think it will come down to Jocasta, Jaxxon, and maybe even Cliegg...I hope we find out soon.

Old Fossil
12-17-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm to the point where I don't care anymore. In all honesty, I can't complain, whoever wins. I was very happy with the Fan's Choice winners Ellors Madak, General Dodonna, Captain Antilles, and Ephant Mon. Those are all figures I bought immediately and still own. I've gotten a lot of great figures this year as well, so it's not like I'm waiting with bated breath to get my action figure fix with the Fan's Choice result.

Cheers to whichever character wins, and its supporters. Hope the experience enriches the hobby for some, and helps continue the line in strength for all of us.

:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Would it be silly of me to hope for Guri?
I don't remember when they said they had her on their radar, but I kind of remember that. At any rate, with the death of comic packs, hopefully that means less EU all around.

That's a somewhat negative side of the fans' choice poll - the number of EU characters on the list led Hasbro to think that we ALL wanted EU, and a lot of it. They've been doing well by the movies and TV show still, but I would like to see a pullback from the EU.

Tycho
12-17-2009, 11:58 PM
We so disagree on that last EU comment you made JabbaJohn. Grrrrrr!

I've waited to be able to let Star Wars continue beyond the movies in realistic displays for ages. The comic 2-packs were a great way for this to happen.

They still could have sold core-characters with EU characters in the 2-packs, just make Chief of State Leia with son Jacen Solo, and older Han Solo with daughter Jaina Solo, and so on.

El Chuxter
12-18-2009, 12:48 AM
GJ, why are you speculating Jaxxon will be top three? I love the character, would give my left arm for him, and voted for him, but I only figure top ten at the absolute most.

DarkJedi5
12-18-2009, 01:48 AM
If I may speculate, I think the EU shows so well in these polls is because people think if they don't vote for them they'll never see them. I looked at that list and frankly, I assume that all of the characters who appeared on screen that I'm interested in will be made eventually. With the EU ones on the other hand, I feel like if I don't vote for them Hasbro will probably pass them over. If a lot of people vote like I do, then it might give Hasbro the impression that the EU is more popular than some of the lower tier movie characters which isn't true. I'd buy Cliegg before Paleon any time but I also assume that Hasbro will make a Cliegg eventually eitherway. Anyway, those are my 2˘.

Cane_Adiss
12-18-2009, 11:06 AM
I think either Jaxxon, Jocasta Nu or Darth Plagueis will win.

I'd say the following are coming soon regardless of their placing in the poll due to comments given by Hasbro in the Q&A's:

Bom Vimdin
Dr. Evazan
Guri
Tarkin
Bastila Shan
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Bariss Offee
Toryn Farr
Weequay Skiff Master

Characters that I don't expect to see soon, or to place high in the polls:

Queen Apailana
Queen Jamillia
Dorme
Corde
Admiral Pellaeon

El Chuxter
12-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Let's all nominate a resculpted Cruisemissile and Cruisemissile Trooper for the next poll. We don't even have to vote on it in the final round. I'd just love to hear Hasbro's response if it were to make it on the list.

GeonosisJedi
12-19-2009, 12:52 AM
GJ, why are you speculating Jaxxon will be top three? I love the character, would give my left arm for him, and voted for him, but I only figure top ten at the absolute most.

It's just a personal hunch. The way I see it, Jaxxon-like Jocasta-was definately a dark horse throughout the whole process, but both managed to gain a good amount of support.

Also, I think (if any) kids voted in the poll, a good point was made that he may be more appealing to them than any of the other characters in the poll.

We shall see...but it bothers me the Hasbro said we'd have the results soon, and yet we still know nothing...the AGONY!! :ninja:

morpheus282
12-19-2009, 09:22 PM
I can't wait until the Jaxxon repaint - Jedi Wabbit!

AmanaMatt
12-20-2009, 12:26 AM
5 in the list that I care about...these polls are totally useless

palps45895
12-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the following, based on todays GH QNA answer indicating a strong finish for a few of the EU candidates:

Pellaeon and Joruus aren't exciting enough to finish top tier. Dash is a remake, so he didn't finish top tier.

I bet the following EU figures performed well:
Balista Shan (again, of course)
Darth Caedus
Darth Plagueis
Guri (SOTE: Evolutions)
Jaxxon

Of these, I'll bet Jaxxon, Guri, Balista and Plageuis are all top 10.

I'll bet Balista finished no better than last time, putting her around 6th place. Similar placement for Guri.

I'll bet Jaxxon and Darth Plagueis are 2 of the top 3. And I'll bet Jocasta is the other top 3 figure.

The way I look at it: these 3 characters seem to have the biggest fan followings as individual figures.

The real question will be to what degree non-online fans/outsiders voted... whether small numbers or large, the question is whether any particular character(s) would appeal to them.

I think both Jaxxon and Jocasta appeal to certain elements of those folks, too, but again, to what degree, is the question.

Jaxxon is probably the coolest looking character on the poll. This would help with the younger voters. And to old folks and anyone who knows the Marvel comics - he's a good bet for votes.

Plagueis was also pictured in a fairly cool way.

Surprisingly (for some folks)... Jocasta has similar outside appeal, but in different ways. First, she's the only unmade Jedi in the poll (excepting Balista who would be mistaken for a Sith because of her red saber to a non-gamer), if no one noticed. And, for kids, that means a lightsaber. She's also known to kids and gamers from both the recent appearance in the Clone Wars, as well as the ROTS game. In neither, was she a flunky character like in the movie. The timing of the latest comic appearance and Clone Wars appearance could not have come at a better time for this character... She also just had a recent comic book appearance in the latest Purge comic... so she could have gathered enough votes to hold her own even in the non-fan crowd, especially with a 30-candidate spread. Win in the non-fan crowd? Doubtful. But contesting in non-fan + a strong showing in fan-based voting = top tier finisher.

Same reasoning applies to Jaxxon. Alas, my 2 of top 3 prediction.

Again, I'm certain there is an unknown third party that managed to accidentally put together a large vote, too... and I'm guessing that candidate is Darth Plagueis...

Just a lot of old men and women on this poll that would seem to be not big vote getters among those who don't actually know who they are. But, on the other hand, the type that are popular enough to divide up the vote among collectors to water down the voting on most characters.

I just don't see anybody else with enough appeal to beat those three...

Seems a lot of OT-support could have been siphoned off by Jaxxon, in addition to his own appeal which is somewhat not-quite-EU-ish enough for the hardcore EU crowd.

I'll be Plagueis was the EU crowd favorite.

And Jocasta the film completist and prequel favorite.

That's my bet. Top 3, but not necessarily in this order:
JOCASTA NU
DARTH PLAGUEIS
JAXXON

bigbarada
12-21-2009, 10:24 PM
That's my bet. Top 3, but not necessarily in this order:
JOCASTA NU
DARTH PLAGUEIS
JAXXON

I would concur with this. There was a big Plagueis campaign on RS. I know that those 5 Jocasta fans have probably been voting for her night and day since the poll opened. Plus, Hasbro essentially came right out and said that, unless Jaxxon won the poll, then he was never going to get made.

El Chuxter
12-22-2009, 12:01 AM
I wonder if perhaps, were Jaxxon were to have a strong showing (top three), Lucasfilm might work him into The Clone Wars, making him a more noticeable character. He appeared on a wanted poster in an online TCW comic. In fact, we might be more likely to get one who's accurate to his Marvel appearances if he were released in the animated style, since the more realistic version looks like he was doing some serious 'roids.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2009, 12:38 AM
I don't know if Lucasfilm would be swayed by this poll, and I doubt they would show Jaxxon in the show, but it could happen. Perhaps they could include him in some of the actual web comics, if nothing else.

bigbarada
12-22-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm just wondering if Jocasta and Jaxxon do get made into figures, then what could possibly be next for the line? Fans can't complain about no Yarna or ICMG anymore, so who would be the super-obscure, silly character that fans would campaign for next?

I guess I should get the ball rolling for the Ewok Sun King if we want to have any hope of getting him made before 2018. :D

El Chuxter
12-22-2009, 01:16 PM
The still-not-produced Grinning Kit Fisto from AOTC would be nice.

bigbarada
12-22-2009, 02:28 PM
How about concept Greedo? I would love to have this figure. :love:

El Chuxter
12-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Now that would be cool. I think they should keep the concept figures going forever.

bigbarada
12-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Now that would be cool. I think they should keep the concept figures going forever.

I found that photo on an old picture CD that my brother gave me and I just thought about how cool he would look standing next to my concept IG-88 (which is the best concept figure of all time... of all time). :cool:

El Chuxter
12-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I swear, I want to get two extra IG-88's for my Joes. The fact that he comes with the YVH's skeletal-looking right leg means I could even get a piece for Billy if I decide to go with his post-accident look.

bigbarada
12-22-2009, 05:26 PM
GalacticHunter got an interesting sneak peak into the results of the Fan Choice Poll:

3. What was the most surprising information gleaned from the now-completed Fans' Choice Poll? (Ackmena all the way, you know it.)

The most surprising information was two-fold. First, how the majority of the top 30 were figures from the films. This is contrary to the first Fans' Choice Poll in '06, where we had done very little EU but the top 25 was populated with many figures we have since released or will be coming. Collectors seem to be saying that they want to see a strong focus on unmade characters from the films vs. too many EU characters. Second, it was interesting that most of the EU figures in the recent poll landed in the top choices, meaning that for fans overall there is a demand for certain high-visibilty EU figures. This is an important finding as we go forward, meaning that a widebreadth of EU is not necessarily a good thing, but a focus on core high-demand characters is welcome. Both of these learnings are really interesting and solid information we'll use to guide us in the coming years.

I like that the majority of the results are movie figures. But it's almost sounding like an EU figure won the prize.:sad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2009, 06:17 PM
At least if they do more EU, it will be more interesting, prominent characters, and not just a lot of stuff. That's good to hear.

TheDarthVader
12-24-2009, 03:36 PM
I really hope an EU character did not win.

Tycho
12-24-2009, 03:58 PM
When do we find out who won? (and how?)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-24-2009, 06:54 PM
When do we find out who won? (and how?)
The next issue of Toyfare is supposed to have all the details. When that will be, I have no idea.

Old Fossil
12-24-2009, 07:03 PM
I really hope an EU character did not win.

Why? Characters from the Original Trilogy have won most of the FC figures in the past, especiall the early ones. While I'm all for OT characters, I think it's probably only fair that the EU and Prequel fans get their due. There's definitely a sizeable fan base there... though I'm not sure it rivals that of the OT.

palps45895
01-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Looks like ToyFare 151 is scheduled to be out in comic shops next Wednesday January 13th...

Maybe we'll finally find out the winner?

pbarnard
01-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Or who stuffed the ballot best because they lacked a life most likely...

Devo
01-12-2010, 03:35 PM
My prediction of the top 5 is thus:

Bastilla Shan
Jocasta Nu
Darth Caedus
Darth Plageus
Jaxxon

:D

And I would pass on all 5 most likely.

Droid
01-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I really can't believe that if this magazine is IN STORES tomorrow that no one has leaked the winner yet. I would think the stores would have it already to put out tomorrow and someone would post.

Also, wouldn't people who subscribed already have it?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/2009_Fans_Choice_Poll_And_The_Winner_Is_128310.asp ) has the top five:

1. Bastila Shan
2. Jocasta Nu
3. Darth Caedus
4. Darth Plagueis
5. Jaxxon

The others weren't ranked. Yet more EU crap, and Jocasta Nu. Sigh. At least maybe Jaxxon will get made now . . .

Snowtrooper
01-12-2010, 05:34 PM
None of those are very appealing. The sith lords might be alright.

Tycho
01-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/2009_Fans_Choice_Poll_And_The_Winner_Is_128310.asp ) has the top five:

1. Bastila Shan
2. Jocasta Nu
3. Darth Caedus
4. Darth Plagueis
5. Jaxxon

The others weren't ranked. Yet more EU crap, and Jocasta Nu. Sigh. At least maybe Jaxxon will get made now . . .

Bastila Shan - I'm not familiar with her. I think she's from the KOTOR video game. I will research her and then decide if I'm going to buy. [UPDATE: no thank you. I did not purchase Revan or Malek either. I have nothing against KOTOR - I just only know the era through Zayne Carrick's compatriots.]

Jocasta Nu - I will buy 1 or 2 of her.

Darth Caedus - I will probably buy 4 of him perhaps.

Darth Plagueis - he's a Muun. Like San Hill turned Sith Lord. I don't know about this one. Will I have him training a custom-made Palpatine figure (from the E1 Senator figure's head)? This figure won't go with any I own. Except, perhaps, as suggested in Star Wars Visionaries, Darth Plagueis used the Mandalorians to capture and experiment on Durge, but lost control of the Mandalorians when Dooku was a Jedi and led a team to wipe most of the masked warriors out.

Jaxxon - uh - not likely. I'm not sure I could see myself buying the Space Bunny.

Droid
01-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Well I take this to mean that Jocasta Nu will NOT be made! So I guess ballot stuffing can only get you so far!

I will not buy any of these top 5 choices!

I wish they'd have said which OT character received the highest ranking.

I assume Hasbro will make many of these 30 if the line continues, but when they do this they would probably save a lot of hard feelings if they would split it into OT, PT, and EU. Though they may NOT do that to keep folks like Jocasta from winning.

bigbarada
01-12-2010, 09:01 PM

1. Bastila Shan
2. Jocasta Nu
3. Darth Caedus
4. Darth Plagueis
5. Jaxxon

I'd buy Jaxxon, but have absolutely zero interest in owning any of the top 4. I wouldn't buy them, I wouldn't even take them for free.

What a waste of a Fan Choice Poll. :rolleyes:

palps45895
01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Well, I was close in my prediction.

Can't say I'm overly surprised with the strong EU finishers... ToyFare magazine's voters tend to skew EU, we all know... it's too bad they don't actually buy most of the figures they vote for! Otherwise, we may not have gotten our Comic Packs sacked.

Somewhat surprised by Cadeus' finish... not really that visually exciting. Actually, very surprised at Bastilla... she didn't perform near this well in the last poll. And with Hasbro already confirming she was probably coming in the 2011 EU wave, I'm surprised she got that many votes.

Oh, well...

I hope that actually make some more movie characters. It would be nice to have something to look forward to and to actually buy.

Blue2th
01-12-2010, 10:21 PM
You almost have to applaud the Jocasta Nu fan(s) for voting the only movie character in there. :rolleyes:

I can't believe Cliegg Lars got edged out by any EU character.

Does anybody know the top 10?

palps45895
01-12-2010, 10:31 PM
No, and actual numbers and percentages are strangely and conspicuously missing this time... nonetheless I accept Bastilla's win.

However:
GO BACK AND READ TOYFARE #WHATEVER WHERE THIS POLL IS ANNOUNCED (I'M TALKING THE AUGUST ISSUE, WHEN THE SITES WERE CONDUCTING THEIR OWN POLLING).

I did not buy the issue, but read it in the bookshop. It said:

Hasbro has made almost all of the last 25, except Bastilla Shan, Bnom Anor, Dead Padme and Anakin Solo. Of those, Anor is coming in spring comic pack (prototype pictured), Padme would probably never be: and Anakin Solo and Bastilla Shan, one would come in 2010 and the other was definitely forthcoming soon after.

Now I realize waves have been rearranged, but that doesn't change the fact that Bastilla was basicly confirmed as forthcoming, although not placed in a specific date or wave yet...

Therefore, I really feel cheated. And I think Hasbro owes us an explanation on that and why the runner up isn't getting a figure made since the winner was already planned...

(maybe Hasbro didn't realize ToyFare mag let us know about that juicy bit of info back in August and thought they could pull a fast one on us, lol...)

figrin bran
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I guess I'm the only one that will buy Bastila along with the other 4.

Old Fossil
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
I would buy several Jaxxon's, to customize:

1. Jedi Knight Annd Ru Jaxxon
2. Moisture Farmer Jaxxon
3. Darth Jaxxon, Sith Rabbit
4. Jaxxon in Stormtrooper disguise (difficult)
5. Jaxxon in Skiff Guard disguise (again, difficult to do)
6. Concept Art Jaxxon
7. Senator Tee Tow Jaxxon
8. Jaxxon (X-Wing Pilot)
9. General S'tonn-Waal Jaxxon (cut scene, ROTJ)
10. Grand Admiral Jaxxon (EEU*)

*Expanded Expanded Universe

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, I was close in my prediction.

Can't say I'm overly surprised with the strong EU finishers... ToyFare magazine's voters tend to skew EU, we all know... it's too bad they don't actually buy most of the figures they vote for! Otherwise, we may not have gotten our Comic Packs sacked.

Somewhat surprised by Cadeus' finish... not really that visually exciting. Actually, very surprised at Bastilla... she didn't perform near this well in the last poll. And with Hasbro already confirming she was probably coming in the 2011 EU wave, I'm surprised she got that many votes.

Oh, well...

I hope that actually make some more movie characters. It would be nice to have something to look forward to and to actually buy.
Caedus is a relatively important character in that timeline, apparently. We are already getting a Jacen Solo figure, so why people couldn't just throw a cloak on him is beyond me. It's the mindset of many collectors that, because someone is "important", they need to be made, regardless of how boring their figure would be; it's the same thing that gets people asking for Jocasta Nu and Darth Plagueis.

But, thankfully, they're going to ease up on the EU and go mostly for movie figures from now on (aside from Clone Wars, of course). Obviously I'm happy with that. I like some EU stuff and many of the figures they've made are cool, but enough is enough already.

Oh, and Old Fossil, you forgot Mie'Qell Jaxxon, the famous jizz wailer.

autumnsdescent
01-13-2010, 09:16 AM
I will buy 2 of Bastilla and probably skip the other top 4. I absolutely LOVE the KOTOR game and would be thrilled to have the major characters as figures. Could care less about Caedus. I had to google him to figure out who he was. Not big on the EU novels beyond the Thrawn trilogy. But that's just my personal preference.

Dice Ibegon
01-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Yawn, not impressed at all with the top 5. EU bores me, so no chance I will spend my hard earned cash on 4 of them. I can't believe Jocasta ranked highest of the non EU characters, but I guess there was a lot of multiple voting going on for her.

DarkJedi5
01-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Well, the top 5 seems a bit of a bust to me. I wouldn't pass on any of them but Bastilla is the only one I'm glad to see on that list (I voted for her). Personally, I like the idea of splitting the next fan choice poll up by source. I voted for an EU character not because I like the EU more than the movies, but because I assumed that EU would be cut back in the main line figures and I can't believe that Hasbro would pass up any of the OT characters on that list (or even Cliegg for that matter) that I was interested in. However, had I been able to vote for one candidate per source, I'd have been more than glad to help Cliegg bump Jocasta from the top spot.

I really have the feeling Jocasta got 2nd for only two reasons, the "dedicated" fans who "campaigned" really hard for her and the fact that Hasbro said she'd never be made unless she won and so of course, fans take that as a challenge.

sebillba
01-13-2010, 11:29 AM
The whole top 5 hold very little interest for me - I only collect movie figures, and Jocasta is one movie character I don't want... though I would *have* to buy her if she did get made. I guess I might buy Jaxxon - he doesn't really say SW to me, but reminds me of Bucky O'Hare, and I have a soft spot for those figures. And I would possibly buy Darth Plagueis, since he was at least mentioned in ROTS, so almost qualifies as a film character.

Now I'm hoping Bastila will be released as an exclusive or something, rather than part of a normal wave - it often works out cheaper for me to buy whole waves, in which case I might end up getting her, even though I don't want her at all.

pbarnard
01-13-2010, 12:15 PM
This shows several things: EU is much more popular/dedicated than anyone here gives credit for (thankfully). It could possibly be a response to the end of the comic packs saying, we still want EU figures. There is the (conspiracy) theory of not quite perfect sculpts on movie figures, so it enables future "improvements". I will be buying 4 out of the 5. #2 is the easiest pass. Jaxxon is for now a yes, but that means we need the rest of the Starhoppers!

To the Librarian fetish folks, to quote Laura Rosalin, "If you're going to try and steal an election, you better not get frakin' caught!!!" Cheaters never win in the end. And even if she did, we all need to PM the Library voters our addresses saying we want our figures, give them bad trader conditionally until they do because that's the only way I would've bought her.

bigbarada
01-13-2010, 12:58 PM
This shows several things: EU is much more popular/dedicated than anyone here gives credit for (thankfully).

Maybe more popular among the readers of Toyfare, but the total tanking of anything EU related at retail over the last year shows that those people clearly don't buy the toys. Or there just aren't enough of those fans to matter.

However, these results can hardly be considered scientific, since there was no method to prevent people from voting more than once; so it's not possible to use this polls to gauge overall collecting trends.

Fortunately, Hasbro has already stated (after seeing the results of this poll) that they will be taking a significant step back from making so much EU merchandise and will refocus primarily on the films.

AmanaMatt
01-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Well, the winners are get a huge PASS in my book.

pbarnard
01-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe more popular among the readers of Toyfare, but the total tanking of anything EU related at retail over the last year shows that those people clearly don't buy the toys. Or there just aren't enough of those fans to matter.

However, these results can hardly be considered scientific, since there was no method to prevent people from voting more than once; so it's not possible to use this polls to gauge overall collecting trends.

Fortunately, Hasbro has already stated (after seeing the results of this poll) that they will be taking a significant step back from making so much EU merchandise and will refocus primarily on the films.

Or given a choice between the books etc, and the economy tanking, they still stuck with books first and dropped the toys for a year or so. We'll never know for certain. It was a fairly busy year in terms of numbers of publications and switching over to mostly hardcover sure couldn't help leave some with extra funds.

Agreed, but being dismissive about the EU doesn't do much to slow it down either. The poll if anything showed that KotR is very popular and didn't need to result to spamming and crowing but silently going about and ballot stuffing.

So they're killing the Clone Wars line? :thumbsup: j/k, but is EU after all.

bigbarada
01-13-2010, 03:01 PM
So they're killing the Clone Wars line? :thumbsup: j/k, but is EU after all.

I guess I don't really consider Clone Wars to be EU anymore than I considered the Ewok movies, and Droids and Ewoks cartoons to be EU. But I guess I should say "non-CW EU" from now on.

Anyways, ballot box stuffing essentially negates any "fans' choice" element of this poll. Since one loser who votes 5000 times for one character essentially nullifies 5000 people who all vote only once for different characters.

So I guess that makes Bastilla Sham the Fan's Choice figure, not the Fans' Choice. :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2010, 03:16 PM
WizardWorld (http://fareplay.wizardworld.com/2010/01/13/the-fans-have-spoken-star-wars-poll-spoiler/) has the final rankings, with percentages:

1) Bastila Shan 10.6%
2) Jocasta Nu 10%
3) Darth Caedus 8%
4) Darth Plageuis 7.9%
5) Jaxxon 4%
6) Admiral Pellaeon 3.7%
7) Dash Rendar 3.7%
8 ) Guri 3.6%
9) Dormé 3.5%
10) Barriss Offee 3.5%
11) Weequay Skiff Master 3.5%
12) Tzizvvt 2.9%
13) Kitster and Wald 2.8%
14) Torynn Farr 2.6%
15) Cane Adiss 2.4%
16) Rebel Fleet Trooper 2.4%
17) Bom Vimdin 2.4%
18) Cliegg Lars 2.3%
19) Joruus C’Baoth 2.3%
20) Grand Moff Torkin 2.1%
21) Ben-Quadinaros 2.1%
22) Darth Sidious 1.9%
23) Queen Apailana 1.8%
24) Tey How 1.8%
25) Sim Aloo 1.7%
26) Sgt. Doallyn 1.5%
27) Taym Dren-Garen 1.3%
28) Dr. Evazan 1%
29) Corde 0.8%
30) Queen Jamilla 0.7%

With 30 choices, it's obviously hard to get a clear mandate for a figure. I'm hoping we'll see the rest of the movie figures eventually, one way or another.

bigbarada
01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
To be honest, I think I liked it better when Hasbro just made us pick between one of 5 figures of their choosing.

That top 10 would be retail suicide for Hasbro (I would buy Jaxxon and possibly Pellaeon).

However, there are some pretty good choices from 11-20. 8 of those 10 would be figures that I would be interested in, with 5 of those being definite buys for me.
11) Weequay Skiff Master 3.5% - definitely
12) Tzizvvt 2.9% - maybe
13) Kitster and Wald 2.8% - no
14) Torynn Farr 2.6% - maybe
15) Cane Adiss 2.4% - definitely
16) Rebel Fleet Trooper 2.4% - definitely
17) Bom Vimdin 2.4% - definitely
18) Cliegg Lars 2.3% - maybe
19) Joruus C’Baoth 2.3% - no way
20) Grand Moff Torkin 2.1% - definitely

I would buy 4 of the 21-30 figures.
25) Sim Aloo 1.7%
26) Sgt. Doallyn 1.5%
27) Taym Dren-Garen 1.3%
28) Dr. Evazan 1%

JediTricks
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
These results smack of bullcrap to me. Evazan before being confirmed for '11 next to last? Cliegg Lars coming in so far under Jaxxon? Old'n'Useless the Librarian coming in second? And look at the huge falloff after #3, this is just another broken poll from Wizard/ToyFare in my mind. I took the results on the first one more seriously, but now the whole concept is clearly worthless and Hasbro desperately needs to find a different, more secure, more Star Wars venue for these things.

Droid
01-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm finding it a bit hard to believe Dorme is more desired than Cliegg. I doesn't quite feel right that more people voted for DORME than any OT figure.

Tycho
01-13-2010, 06:15 PM
it's too bad they don't actually buy most of the figures they vote for! Otherwise, we may not have gotten our Comic Packs sacked.

I love the Expanded Universe, as it's a way for Star Wars to go on. I get bored of just having the movies.

That being said, the Comic Packs were probably sacked for other reasons than the fan voting:

1) No one voted for Marvel-style repaints of main characters, and packs like Leia and Fett or Dengar repaints were just not going to move.

2) SOTE should not have opened with Leia and Xizor, though I wanted that Leia made. Luke (tan vest) and Guri could have started a SOTE resurrgence that could have continued with Chewie as Snoova, Lando in disguise, Leia in that outfit, Xizor, a Black Sun thug, Koth Melan (Bothan Spy Master) Spiker, Big Gizz, etc. - possibly even Guri in a second outfit, as well as Leia Boussh being re-offered, or Elite Imperial Guards (the successors to Shocktroopers), and the Emperor being re-offered in such a way he wouldn't pegwarm.

3) The Thrawn and Karrde 2-pack was pretty good actually. I'm not sure why it pegwarmed (though not at all as bad as Xizor / Leia). These should have been made and offered years ago though - when the comics were hot off the press. Still, I think the line should continue, but after the stores clearance out the Leia / Xizors and any remaining pegwarming Marvel.

As far as Jaxxon and customizing is concerned, how come nobody is planning to make Michael Jaxxon? I heard he left the Max Rebo Band and took off on a promising solo career after being one of the last winners of Alderaanian Idol (show cancelled by the Empire). That's when the band asked Sy Snootles to join them as she'd been singing commerical jingles for Salucameio's from Chef Boy-R-3 prior to that.