PDA

View Full Version : MM Die-Cast question.

cloneemperor
12-22-2009, 02:45 AM
Quick question for those more in the know regarding the old Episode I Hasbro Die-Cast. According to our own Titanium Series Variant List, Hasbro released the Naboo Starfighter, but the only thing I have been able to find anywhere else states that it was part of a planned follow-up wave that never materialized. (Along with the Gungan Sub, MTT and Anakin's Podracer) Could anyone clear this up for me? I need to know if I need to be on the lookout for an ultra rare Episode I Die-Cast or not. Thanks a lot!

Darth Windu
12-22-2009, 04:38 AM
Okay to clarify, Galoob made a number of Ep1 die-cast Micro Machines (ie Titanium Series). They go as such.

Released by Galoob:
- Naboo Royal Cruiser
- Trade federation Battleship
- Sith Infiltrator
- AAT
- Droid Starfighter/Vulture Droid
- Republic Cruiser
- Gian Speeder
- Sebulba's Podracer

Designed by Galoob, released by Hasbro:
- Naboo Fighter
- MTT
- Anakin's Podracer
- Federation Lander

So as you see, the Naboo Fighter was created by Galoob, but they NEVER released it. Only Hasbro has released it as part of the Titanium Series. All of the Galoob die-cast were re-released in the Titanium Series, except for the Gian Speeder.

cloneemperor
12-22-2009, 09:44 AM
See, what you described is what I always thought was the case, but the Titanium Series Variant List states:

GALOOB EPISODE I DIECAST SHIPS IN TITANIUM SCALE (DIECAST/PAINTED)

Vulture Droid Starfighter
Gian Speeder
Naboo Starfighter
Republic Cruiser
Royal Starship
Sebulba's Pod Racer
Sith Infiltrator
AAT (TF Tank)

which led me to believe that maybe someone out there had acquired one on the sly somehow. Thanks for your help, you just set my mind at ease. I have enough rare items to find that I didn't want to add another to the list. At least now I have the Jango Fett Forged Figure and all 4 Wal-Mart gift sets at reasonable prices, so my rare list is dereasing.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
That's a goof in our list then. The only Naboo Fighter released in that era at that scale was the plastic one from the Series Alpha Action Fleet set.

Darth Duranium
01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Oops... will be fixed. Cheers! What took youze guys so long?:D

Lemme know if there are any other flubs.