PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL

Tycho
12-22-2009, 05:22 AM
I got this game for the Wii. I'm not the biggest football fan that I'd even have knowledge of all the players even playing for my home team - but that is changing.

However, I played my first game of the season (Chargers vs. Raiders) on the Rookie level, with normal 15 minute quarters and beat Oakland 231-6!

The Raiders only got a touchdown on me because they threw a long passing play on 4th down, when I thought they'd punt and Darren Sproules might be a very fast runningback, but he's not much of a tackler.

I play Atlanta in my next game.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Normal 15 minutes quarters on games like these end up not being normal. Six to eight minutes tops is a bit more realistic.

I just got a Wii this weekend, but I probably won't get a football game for it. I have NFL2K5 and Arena Football for my XBox. I might consider getting the new FIFA soccer game, even though the one I have for Nintendo 64 is still pretty good.

Tycho
12-23-2009, 04:45 AM
If you are any kind of baseball fan at all, PLEASE get MLB 2K9!!!

I am addicted to that game - it's dangerous!

But I am trying to recreate the San Diego Padres winning the World Series in the privacy of my own living room (because I know it won't happen in real life anyway, so I'm borrowing back the great players from the Padres' recent past - like Hoffman, Peavy, Hairston, and Gerut - though yeah, I think the game can let me fetch Randy Jones, Dave Winfield, and Tony Gwynn Sr., amongst other Padre greats.

I also loved the Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones games.

I might just get "Dr. Jones" in the Staff of Kings for the Wii as well. I think there are steep discounts on that title these days.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Arcade baseball games just don't seem to do it for me. I prefer statistical simulations like Strat-o-Matic, or a game I have now called Out of the Park Baseball. Playing a baseball game on the Wii might be a bit more fun with that kind of controller though. I kind of enjoy the baseball game in Wii Sports, but it's pretty simplistic and only lasts 3 innings even if it is tied.

JetsAndHeels
12-23-2009, 01:00 PM
I broke my annual tradition this year. I normally purchase each edition of Madden, but for some reason I didn't find myself wanting this version.

I am content with my collector's edition of Madden 09 that I purchased last year. Hopefully the 2011 installment will offer something I want.

Tycho
12-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I am going to continue re-checking my rosters for MLB and NFL each season.

As you know, EA Sports makes money every new season to keep the player list up to date.

However, I'll buy new editions when I fall below 25% of my current team roster being currently active.

I have 2009 MLB and 2010 NFL (basically the 2009 season ending with a 2010 Superbowl).

I anticipate that my next purchase might be a 2012 MLB game. Not sure.

I'll actually be quite angry if my Padres get rid of many of their current stars.

However, Adrian Gonzalez's contract expires in 2011, and Bell, Correia, and Kouzmanoff are all hot prospects to trade as well.

For the Chargers, Chris Chambers is already gone, but I'm playing with him on my team.