PDA

View Full Version : Howsabout making Galactic Heroes more kid-friendly?

El Chuxter
12-23-2009, 02:14 PM
We all know that Galactic Heroes, all appearances to the contrary, are really geared toward adult collectors. How else do you explain the insane number of color variants, repacks, exclusives, etc?

However, they're designed to at least look like they're made for kids, from the cute and cuddly aesthetic to the packaging.

So, have you ever considered that some of the toys aren't especially kid-friendly? For instance, the Kashyyyk set includes a firing spring-loaded rocket, hardly a good idea for toddlers.

Or, as I discovered last night when I gave my daughter the Escape from Mos Eisley set: not all figures work with all the vehicles and beasts. It's not fun explaining to a 3-year-old that Chewbacca simply cannot ride the Dewback because his feet are too big. And why are they so big? Because they look cool... likely the same reason most females have fused legs.

If these are really for kids, why not make all figures (okay, most--I can see exceptions for tiny fellows like Yoda or Artoo) compatible with all playsets and vehicles? Trust me, it would make kids happier.