PDA

View Full Version : Who Got Star Wars Gifts That Were Duplicates? Hard to shop for SW for you, huh?

Tycho
12-26-2009, 09:29 AM
I got 4 items I already have but I really appreciate the effort to buy me something "rare and VHTF."

But I'll offer these for trades and discussion:

Lucas Family ROTS multi-pack: Baron Papanoida, Jett Zukusa, et. all

Ralph McQuarrie Darth Vader TAC coin figure

Ralph McQuarrie Han Solo TAC coin figure (looks like PT Obi-Wan)

Wedge Antilles / Borssk Fey'lya Comic 2-pack

I don't recommend buying me Star Wars stuff unless it's not a surprise, as I tend to get everything as soon as it's offered.

El Chuxter
12-26-2009, 12:38 PM
People stopped buying me toys years ago. I would say they stopped buying me music, too, except I unexpectedly got a Michael Jackson CD yesterday. (It was mostly duplicate stuff, with one new song and some unreleased demos, so it came close to duplicate.) Trying to remember the last SW gift I got that wasn't a very specific request. Can't do it.

Ji'dai
12-26-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't ask for Hasbro Star Wars stuff since I usually buy what I want when I see it and I'm not going to put them through the aggravation of trying to find certain figures. I'm really picky about paint jobs anyway so I really prefer to get my own stuff.

I did get a duplicate LEGO set this year which I'm keeping. More LEGO is fine with me - the bricks made today are universally compatible with just about every other LEGO bricks made in the last fifty years.

JediTricks
12-26-2009, 06:45 PM
I never got that Lucas family set, I'd be interested in it. What do you want for it?

I'm surprised those McQuarrie figures are duplicates, I didn't picture you actually partaking in the TAC McQuarrie thing.

Surprisingly, this rarely comes up for me. We've become a list family largely, I guess that's part of it. But yesterday it did come up, so it's funny this thread is here right now. And here's what happened:

Yesterday, my mom gave me the new SOTE TIE Fighter before we got to the family gathering.

About 5 hours later during the family gathering, my dad gave me the EU TIE Fighter from last year. :p

Tycho
12-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I got a kidney for the Lucas Family set - BobaFrett claimed it in a good trade if you ask me. :thumbsup:

I don't think I ever got the McQuarrie Vader, so I guess it's not a duplicate, but you're right, I only bought the ones I could use in my dioramas. Someone could put that Vader with the concept Snowtrooper though.

Right now I just need Wilrow Hoods.

However I think I could use another E3 Wookiee flyer and another AT-AP.

bigbarada
12-26-2009, 09:17 PM
I've asked people to not buy me Star Wars items, unless it's my brother, since he knows what to get me. But usually people who aren't into Star Wars will just got to Wal-Mart and buy whatever catches their eye; so I will end up with something I never would have bought on my own. So I have a few items that I don't want (like some of those silly M&Ms figures and the pointless Titanium forged-figures), but I can't get rid of them because I feel guilty since they were gifts.

pbarnard
12-26-2009, 10:54 PM
I got a kidney for the Lucas Family set - BobaFrett claimed it in a good trade if you ask me. :thumbsup:

What would a slightly alcohol damaged liver lobe get me? :D