PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Christmas hauls

LTBasker
12-25-2009, 06:25 AM
Last year my stepdad dragged us out of bed at 4am to open our gifts. This year, my Mom, my aunt, and I all told him that we aren't getting up at 4am again, so what happens this year? My aunt drags us out of bed at 3am to open gifts. >_<

So, since this seems to be the thread for it, and I can't get back to sleep, here's what I got:
- 7-8" of snow (best gift ever)
- Build Your Own Stonehenge kit
- U.S.S. Enterprise bottle opener
- Ninja star coat hook
- Magnetic display of the periodic table of elements
- Titanium spork
- Bender "Ctrl Alt Shift KILL" shirt
- Ratcheting compact hex wrench tool
- SanDisk 4gb MicroSD card
- Keychain compact multitool
- Seasons 2 & 3 of Batman Beyond
- Volume 2 of Batman: The Animated Series
- Quantum Mechanix Stargate mirror
- NERF Long-Strike CS-6 (yellow release)
- Linksys Cisco router
- Bag of holiday mix M&Ms

sith_killer_99
12-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, my "haul" this year was minor as my daughter has inherited the SW collecting bug.

For me:
X-Men (9 disc Blu-Ray Trilogy)
Donnie Darko (Blu-Ray)
Terminator: TSCC Season 2 (Blu-Ray)
Tru Blood Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
Green Lantern Blackest Night (1-5)
Green Lantern Blackest Night Power Ring Set

For my daughter:
Darth Vader (Human version)
Ahsoka (Space Suit)
Anakin (Space Suit)
4A-7
Shock Trooper
Clone Trooper Echo
Clone Trooper 501st
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Commander Thire
1 SW Fighter (Ahsoka Fighter)
Clone Trooper Helmet (Rex)
Remote Control R2-D2
Clone Wars Season 1 (Blu-Ray)

R2-D2 was the BIG HIT!!!:thumbsup:

bobafrett
12-25-2009, 11:22 AM
It's 11:22 in the morning, I got nothing to report yet, as We still haven't opened gifts yet.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Well, my "haul" this year was minor as my daughter has inherited the SW collecting bug.

For me:
X-Men (9 disc Blu-Ray Trilogy)
Donnie Darko (Blu-Ray)
Terminator: TSCC Season 2 (Blu-Ray)
Tru Blood Season 1 (Blu-Ray)
Green Lantern Blackest Night (1-5)
Green Lantern Blackest Night Power Ring Set

For my daughter:
Darth Vader (Human version)
Ahsoka (Space Suit)
Anakin (Space Suit)
4A-7
Shock Trooper
Clone Trooper Echo
Clone Trooper 501st
Clone Commander Cody
Clone Commander Thire
1 SW Fighter (Ahsoka Fighter)
Clone Trooper Helmet (Rex)
Remote Control R2-D2
Clone Wars Season 1 (Blu-Ray)

R2-D2 was the BIG HIT!!!:thumbsup:

Nice to see the fam become part of the collecting bug. I have a cousin that shares the passion but none in the nuclear family.

Anyway as a new home owner I received the following:

Home Depot Gift Card
Craftsman Drill Set with Drill Bits
Back up battery lamp for when power goes off (I almost burned down the house when our power went off last)
Argyle sweater
LL Bean dress shirt for school
Password and Press Your Luck for PC
Password board game
Sean Connery DVD collection

SW related gifts was only 1 this year, Jedi Duel Hallmark Ornament.
I did ask for a McQuarrie set but my mother swears they were not to be found.

I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas.

mabudonicus
12-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I got a Fall Guy Stunt Association t-shirt, a Gundam model kit that was won by a friends father in law in a yakuza-owned Pachinko parlour, the ultimate Gundam video game (Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam), a sweet wolf hoodie, a strange biplane Transformer (Ransack I think), some liquor, a piece of totally legal MJ and a few other totally cool things that nobody would even understand, including a 2-disc set of hilariously bad space jizz
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
Oyes a FINE x-mas and it's only half over

El Chuxter
12-25-2009, 12:40 PM
My daughter decided I wanted a Combat Heroes Destro/Cover Girl, a book about meerkats, and a Lightnin' McQueen car. On the "more useful for purposes other than playing with her" front, I got George Carlin's latest book (obviously released after his passing), a GIJoe shirt (the one from Target with several members in front of the logo), a painting set (which I really appreciate, even if I'm completely talentless with paint), and a couple of sets of pajamas (which I needed--G1 Transformers and Stewie Griffin... I was expecting TF and Superman, but, apparently, Chux Jr saw Stewie and insisted I needed the set with "the baby").

She got some Star Wars, Batman, Superman, and Queen shirts, a crapload of Disney Barbies, some doll furniture and toy kitchen appliances, The Wizard of Oz, and some Galactic Heroes (ones that had been gathering dust in my closet).

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2009, 01:58 PM
This year was less than previous, and not just due to economic concerns; most of the gift givers and receivers agreed that less materialistic stuff and more together/experiential stuff were better. That said:

- Clone Wars bulb ornament
- mini Grievous ship Lego set
- gift cards (B&N, Home Depot, Subway)
- Steelers clock
- 2 shirts (one a "Fantasy Football Injury" T)
- trivia books
- Nun Bowling set ("It's Sinfully Fun" ;) )
- 2 organizers/planners

Plus other "gifts" I'd already received:
- 2 tickets to '10 Rose Bowl (won online)
- excused from jury duty earlier this week :pleased: :pleased: :pleased: :pleased:

Merry Christmas everyone! [insert Peanuts "do-do-do, do do-do do-do" singing here] :o

Lord Malakite
12-25-2009, 06:15 PM
This is what I've got so far.

12 Pack of Socks
2-3 Pairs of Sweat pants
SW Funko Bobblehead (Yoda)
SW Funko Bobblehead (Wicket)
SW Funko Bobblehead (Darth Maul)
SW Funko Bobblehead (General Greivous "Clone Wars")
SW Funko Bobblehead (Stormtrooper)
SW Funko Bobblehead (Shadow Trooper)
Revenge of the Sith "Film Canister" type Tin filled w/ Candy
Power Rangers "Mix & Morph" Figure Set ("Mighty Morphin" Red Ranger & "Mighty Morphin" Dino Megazord)

May possibly still be one or two more things.

Ji'dai
12-25-2009, 09:00 PM
So, what, things are so bad that we can't start a new thread for this year's hauls?

I got LEGO (http://i48.tinypic.com/1zce4oy.jpg), some sweaters, a couple t-shirts, pack of athletic socks, and a couple movies and games (http://i49.tinypic.com/34or7s1.jpg):

LEGO
Pirate Building Set x2
Pirates Kraken Attackin’
Space Police Hyperspeed Pursuit
Space Police Raid VPR
Star Wars Count Dooku’s Solar Sailer
Star Wars Republic Attack Cruiser
Star Wars Pirate Tank

Games
Indiana Jones Monopoly
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 for PS3

Movies
Clone Wars [theatrical movie] Blu-ray
Ghostbusters Blu-ray

Money
Which is pretty much already blown on the LEGO and figure purchases I’ve made over the last couple weeks

And a bag of Peanut M&Ms! :love:

Mad Slanted Powers
12-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Last Thursday I got an early gift. My sister and nephew stopped by since he was going to be heading off to his dad's the next day. They brought me a Darth Vader bear from Build-a-Bear.

I got a few little things from people at work, some money from mom, and some homemade jam from my sister.

For myself, I bought a Wii last weekend along with The Force Unleashed game. I then bought Wii Fit Plus on Wednesday. I should look into getting a digital camera. All I have is the one on my computer, and a cheap one I got for free when I joined Earthlink about 10 years ago.

Qui-Long Gone
12-26-2009, 12:05 AM
The kids cleaned out with SW, Transformers, Wii, dolls, cars, and music instruments (new guitar and drums).

Wife got stuff that doesn't matter to her because she's not a gift person, so much as pick-your-socks-off-the-floor-as-a-gift-to-me-person...

I got a Subway gift card, package of CDs to burn copies of my portfolio, socks and at the 11th hour: new Ewoks, DVD of Kung Fu Hustle, and Dewback!!!!! Clarence, it's a miracle! Zuzu's petals! Yeah!

DarkArtist
12-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone....

Santa was extra nice at our house.

Lego Freeco Speeder
Lego Hynea Bomber
Lego Space Police - Squidmen's Escape
Flannel Sleep / louging pants
2 pairs of track pants
Star Wars Darth Vader T-Shirt
Clone Wars Calander
Monopoly City Game
Indy Titaniums of German Truck and LC Bi-Plane
Something Something Something Dark Side (laughed my *** off)
Winstein from Matty Collector
Gloves, Scarf and Hat
Slippers

the mother of all gifts...... PS3 (almost fell out of the chair with this one)

Blue Ray Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
Blue Ray The Fifth Element

El Chuxter
12-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Later in the day, I got Rock Band 2, Kurt Vonnegut's latest collection of unpublished stories (also postmortem--I got the newest books by both of the most cynical SOBs of the 20th century!), Michael Jackson's This Is It, and a sweet Neil Diamond shirt (1960s hippie Neil, not old man in Depends Neil). So a pretty good day. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
12-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Clue
The Game of Life
Sorry
3rd Darth Bane book
New Mitch Album book
Gun for my Wii
Sweater
Mall GC
Some moolah

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2009, 01:08 PM
I know you've been posting in the 2008 thread, but that's just damn lazy. :p So, here's mine:

Star Wars stuff
*AT-ST
*TIE Fighter (red windows)
*TIE Interceptor (new cockpit)
*Republic Gunship (Crumb Bomber)
*Imperial V-wing Fighter
*Ahsoka's Jedi Starfighter
*from ROTS wave - Clone Commander Cody
*from ANH wave - Han Solo, Imperial Scanning Crew, Hrchek Kal Fas, Concept Ki-Adi-Mundi
*entire ESB wave (total surprise)
*The Clone Wars figures - Luminara Unduli and Padmé Amidala
*Assault on Ryloth battle pack
*Resurgence of the Jedi battle pack
*Gelagrub Patrol battle pack
*Geonosis Assault battle pack
*Obi-Wan Kenobi with Freeco Speeder
*Geonosis Arena sets - Kit Fisto and Mace Windu
*The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars book
*1000 Collectibles book
*365 Days book
*Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Dark Side DVD

Other stuff
*Netflix subscription
*Queen - The Miracle CD
*Modest Mouse - No One's First and You're Next CD
*Rodrigo y Gabriela - 11:11 CD
*The Areas of My Expertise book by John Hodgman
*Superbad DVD
*Barnes and Noble gift card
*money for a calendar
*more money (on the way)

Cool stuff that other family members got
*Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD (for everyone)
*Queen - Innuendo CD
*Chinatown DVD
*WWII movies four-pack - Kelly's Heroes, Dirty Dozen, etc.

So, a pretty damn good year. :D

El Chuxter
12-26-2009, 01:56 PM
You got The Miracle and someone else got Innuendo? Why didn't whoever gave you those albums give you a card that says, "I like you less"? j/k, but Innuendo is, by far, the better of the two albums, though The Miracle has some fine guitar work when it's not bogged down in synthesizer (my fave is the riff on "Was It All Worth It?"). (Innuendo incorporates synth better than any other Queen album, methinks.)

How's the 11:11 album? I've heard snippets, and it sounds pretty cool, but no one in my family would give anyone an album of guitar instrumentals, so I've not heard the whole thing yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I actually haven't listened to any of them yet, but I'll let you know what I think when I do. The Queen CDs were due to my sister and I getting those for each other for birthdays and Christmas for the past few years - we now have all the studio albums, aside from Flash, which I don't plan on getting. I guess we ran out of the great ones early on. :D (I got Hot Space a few weeks ago for my birthday, and while it's very un-Queen, there are some good, funky riffs on there. It's not a classic album by any stretch of the imagination, and Under Pressure is the only really "great" song on there, but it's pretty fun for what it is.)

El Chuxter
12-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Aww, c'mon, "Body Language" is a total guilty pleasure. Some of the other songs ("Las Palabras de Amor" chief among them) sound like they could be great with different production and arrangements, and others ("Back Chat") sound like a decent, non-Queen new wave dance group. But others suck hard, and I'm looking hardest at "Put Out the Fire."

I've got friends who would strongly disagree with me, but Flash is one you can easily live without. The main theme is the only song really worth having, and I never listen to the whole album anymore.

sebillba
12-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Most of the stuff I've bought over the last 3 or 4 months was tucked away for Christmas, so very few surprises, but all very much wanted....

Legacy collection:

TPM wave - all 6 figures
ROTJ wave - all 8 figures
ANH wave - all 8 figures
ROTS wave - all 6 figures
Resurgence of the Jedi Battle Pack
Battle for Endor BP
Evolutions Imperial Pilots II
Geonosis Arena set of 12 figures
Rancor w/ Luke

Clone Wars:

Gha Nachkt

DVDs:

Clone Wars Series 1
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Peter Kay's Britain's got the Pop Factor

CDs:

Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
Beatles remastered CDs:
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sergeant Pepper
Magical Mystery Tour
White Album
Abbey Road

Misc:

Darth Vader socks
Yoda socks

Ji'dai
12-26-2009, 02:34 PM
In addition to the haul I posted in the other thread, today I got a belated gift that turned out to be one of the biggest bottles of cologne (http://i50.tinypic.com/2gy61og.jpg) I've ever seen. 6.7 ounces of Drakkar Noir!

morpheus282
12-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Voice controlled R2-D2
1 lb Starbucks Christmas blend
Gin!

JediTricks
12-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Christmas dinner at my sister's with 11 family members from my mom and my dad's side and my sister's side which is also my mother's father's side. Huge family gathering, grandparents who haven't seen other grandparents in a while, great uncles who haven't seen ex sister-in-laws in decades, etc.. Someone there gave me a little cold, not my favorite christmas haul.

Hauls:

Nerf N-Strike Recon CS-6 - very cool, I love the modular design where everything comes off to reveal a pistol, and it has 2 accessories for the N-strike rails. Only things I don't like are that you can't store the clip full, it must be fired once; and it claims it doesn't take suction micro-darts (though I did load one in the clip and it fired fine). This is the only present I've opened so far.
Homemade baked sweets - my sis made these.
Target SOTE TIE Fighter - from my mom and step-dad
EU Rebel TIE Fighter - from my dad, not knowing I had just received the other one. :p He liked the concept of the Rebels giving the finger to the Empire by stealing their ships and painting huge Reb insignia on either side.
Crimson Empire The Crucible set - my dad suddenly goes on an EU tear? But it was SW figures so it's cool. My sister's sister (also my mom's cousin) actually knew a little of what it was, that was a surprise.
Batman extruded pellet lamp - cheesy and unusual, but charming.
ancient salt lamp - ???
Zhu Zhu Pet - paternal grandma at the last minute decided me and my sister & niece should have the hot toy of the year and grabbed 1 for me and a 4 pack for them. Kinda funny little oddity, definitely an "oddity" though. I'm thinking of getting it a hamster ball since my carpeting will wreck its wheels.
iPod Touch 8gb - for around the house internetting off my wifi.
Obi-Wan TPM Force FX Lightsaber
Octuptarra Droid
Star Trek TOS Tricorder
Wacky Packages Calendar

JediTricks
12-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Should I split off the posts here and move them to the other hauls thread, or leave them, or merge that thread here and rename this one?

- Build Your Own Stonehenge kitIs it super itty-bitty? I gave my dad a teeny that yesterday.

- Ninja star coat hook
- Magnetic display of the periodic table of elements
- Titanium sporkNever mind, it's almost got to be the same one because all of those others were on my ThinkGeek.com gift idea lists for various family and friends along with Stonehenge. I came super close to getting my sister the coat hook and my step-dad and mom the spork.

- Bender "Ctrl Alt Shift KILL" shirtYEAAAAH!

- SanDisk 4gb MicroSD cardBe careful what you use those in. Many of the 4gb don't subscribe solidly to the SDHC format, they "sorta" work in standard SD (non-HC) slots but can get in trouble down the line. I've been driving myself nuts with that, because they work great in my teeny USB adapter but horribly in my last phone.

- Quantum Mechanix Stargate mirrorThat thing was pretty cool, where are you gonna put it up? I am a little jealous.

- NERF Long-Strike CS-6 (yellow release)Hey cool! I got the Recon CS-6 as a surprise gift!

bobafrett
12-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Photo Christmas hauls

bobafrett
12-26-2009, 06:32 PM
More Christmas hauls, photographed.

bobafrett
12-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Anbd the last of them

Mad Slanted Powers
12-26-2009, 06:48 PM
That's the Vader bear I got, except mine was named "Darth Bearder" which I suppose you could pronounce Bear-der or Beard-er. My sister stuffed it well enough so that he can stand up on his own.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-26-2009, 10:46 PM
I am apparently too lazy, as I re-gifted last year's thread, so I cannot post here. :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Should I split off the posts here and move them to the other hauls thread, or leave them, or merge that thread here and rename this one?
I kind of like having different threads for different years, so I can easily look back and see what I got in a given year. I suppose I could do that just as easily by looking through one thread, but where's the fun in that? :D

LTBasker
12-27-2009, 02:07 AM

Dunno if it matters that much, but if anything I'd say go with splitting the '09 posts and tossing them into the other thread.

Is it super itty-bitty? I gave my dad a teeny that yesterday.

Oh yeah, it's pretty tiny. I haven't built it yet, but I checked out the pieces and they're about as tall as AF figures. I have a feeling I'll inevitably superglue the pieces to the puzzle mat, otherwise half will probably disappear mere minutes after being set up.

Never mind, it's almost got to be the same one because all of those others were on my ThinkGeek.com gift idea lists for various family and friends along with Stonehenge. I came super close to getting my sister the coat hook and my step-dad and mom the spork.

Cool, the spork is pretty spiffy although I think I'll grab the Starfleet Academy one sometime down the line and give this to my mom or a friend. The coat hook is really cool, it's a surprising solid chunk of 1/2" metal - definitely want to keep it where nobody could possibly be shoved into it.

Be careful what you use those in. Many of the 4gb don't subscribe solidly to the SDHC format, they "sorta" work in standard SD (non-HC) slots but can get in trouble down the line. I've been driving myself nuts with that, because they work great in my teeny USB adapter but horribly in my last phone.

Hmm, that doesn't sound too promising. This was actually meant for my phone, a Nokia 6650, hopefully it won't be problematic. I haven't had a chance to try it yet because I need a new card reader, or a USB cable for my phone. Thanks for the heads up!

That thing was pretty cool, where are you gonna put it up? I am a little jealous.

I'm not entirely sure yet; I have plans to overhaul my room (paint, new outlets, toss up some large shelves), so I'm debating to wait until then or go ahead and find a spot for it now. I've also been considering putting it behind my Stargate figures when I get them setup, which will require the previously mentioned shelves. No idea when those will get made, though.

It is a very nice piece and looks phenomenal with the puddle facade, which has raised ridges for the "water" effect and a modest amount of glitter in the translucent blue plastic to add a shimmer. However, I have two disappoints with the mirror; the Earth point of origin symbol is the VERY bottom, which I think it should be at the top, and the puddle facade was well made, but poorly applied. It's just a piece of thin plastic that is slightly larger than the gate's inner circle so that it can stay in the mirror with tension, which is annoying to deal with.

Mostly minor, especially in comparison to the excellent work in the replication of the gate's fine details, but I've never seen it below $45, so I think the facade could have really been more convenient at that price point. It's a pain to get out if you want to use it as a regular mirror, despite mine deciding to randomly fall out, and even more of a pain to get it back in properly. I'd say it should cost more around $30.

Hey cool! I got the Recon CS-6 as a surprise gift!

Very nice! I got that last Christmas, and immediately brought it out to play with swapping the modular parts. Right now I've got the Longshot's (originaly thought it was Long-Strike, but that's a new gun (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3938356)) removable front section/pistol on the front end of the Recon, and the Longshot's scope on top. It really brings a new level of fun to the Recon, and makes it more comfortable to wield with the second pistol grip. Plus the Longshot looks more like a proper rifle with the Recon's front end and LED sight.

At first I was slightly disappointed to get the yellow Longshot instead of the blue, since the yellow release only comes with 1 magazine to cut costs, but seeing how well the Longshot and Recon's modular pieces go together really made the garish yellow worth it. I'm hoping to pick up the Raider CS-35 next, the drum magazine is compatible with any of the other NERF rifles that take magazines. :D

JimJamBonds
12-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Darth Teddy is kinda cool!

Lord Malakite
12-28-2009, 04:38 AM
This is what I've got so far.

12 Pack of Socks
2-3 Pairs of Sweat pants
SW Funko Bobblehead (Yoda)
SW Funko Bobblehead (Wicket)
SW Funko Bobblehead (Darth Maul)
SW Funko Bobblehead (General Greivous "Clone Wars")
SW Funko Bobblehead (Stormtrooper)
SW Funko Bobblehead (Shadow Trooper)
Revenge of the Sith "Film Canister" type Tin filled w/ Candy
Power Rangers "Mix & Morph" Figure Set ("Mighty Morphin" Red Ranger & "Mighty Morphin" Dino Megazord)

May possibly still be one or two more things.

Got those "one or two more things" to list now.

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar (4 0z.)
Toffifay Candy (15 pc. 4 oz box)
Russell Box of Assorted Chocolates (2 oz.)
Touch Activated Key Hole Light
$25

sebillba
12-28-2009, 09:59 AM
That's the Vader bear I got, except mine was named "Darth Bearder" which I suppose you could pronounce Bear-der or Beard-er. My sister stuffed it well enough so that he can stand up on his own.

I was supposed to be getting a monkey with the jedi outfit, which I intended to call "Obi-Monkey-Nobi". We were planning a trip to London just before Christmas, and call in at the Build-a-Bear Factory in Hamleys, but it didn't happen because of snow. Hopefully we'll get up there in the New Year .

TeeEye7
12-29-2009, 02:58 PM
From Mrs. TI7: a Canon 220EX electronic flash for my Canon G10. It's got twice the power of the camera's built-in excuse for a flash (that pretty much goes for all built-ins for all cameras, IMO.)

From my son: first season DVD of Flight of the Conchords series.

From relatives: Christmas Blend coffee (1/2 lb. bag) from Starbucks.

El Chuxter
12-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Have you tried the chocolate mint holiday blend from Jose's (I think a Costco exclusive brand)? That might be the best coffee I've found.

TeeEye7
12-29-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm not a big fan of flavored coffees but I think Mrs. TI7 would be greatly interested in trying that. I'll have her keep an eye out on the next Costco run. Thanks!

JediTricks
12-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Dunno if it matters that much, but if anything I'd say go with splitting the '09 posts and tossing them into the other thread.That's what I ended up doing.

Oh yeah, it's pretty tiny. I haven't built it yet, but I checked out the pieces and they're about as tall as AF figures. I have a feeling I'll inevitably superglue the pieces to the puzzle mat, otherwise half will probably disappear mere minutes after being set up.Kewl, I guess I'm glad my dad didn't open it on the spot then.

Cool, the spork is pretty spiffy although I think I'll grab the Starfleet Academy one sometime down the line and give this to my mom or a friend. The coat hook is really cool, it's a surprising solid chunk of 1/2" metal - definitely want to keep it where nobody could possibly be shoved into it.Good to know. I've been thinking about that Starfleet Academy one as well. :D

They also make ninja star push pins, I bet they have to be lighter material than the coat hook.

Hmm, that doesn't sound too promising. This was actually meant for my phone, a Nokia 6650, hopefully it won't be problematic. I haven't had a chance to try it yet because I need a new card reader, or a USB cable for my phone. Thanks for the heads up!The 6650 accepts SDHC up to 8gb, so you're golden. Transferring it to a computer might be a little troubled though if you don't have an SDHC card reader or a decent USB microSD adapter (the $10 DaneElec one they sell at Target with a 1gb or 4gb card is great, works perfectly).

I'm not entirely sure yet; I have plans to overhaul my room (paint, new outlets, toss up some large shelves), so I'm debating to wait until then or go ahead and find a spot for it now. I've also been considering putting it behind my Stargate figures when I get them setup, which will require the previously mentioned shelves. No idea when those will get made, though.Someone has a pic of theirs in their FISH TANK on Amazon! I almost died when I saw that.

It is a very nice piece and looks phenomenal with the puddle facade, which has raised ridges for the "water" effect and a modest amount of glitter in the translucent blue plastic to add a shimmer. However, I have two disappoints with the mirror; the Earth point of origin symbol is the VERY bottom, which I think it should be at the top, and the puddle facade was well made, but poorly applied. It's just a piece of thin plastic that is slightly larger than the gate's inner circle so that it can stay in the mirror with tension, which is annoying to deal with.Well, I know the puddle effect is meant to be removable, so maybe you can adjust it, but that sounds quite annoying. And you are totally right, the ^ chevron should be at top, what were they thinking?!? Maybe you can rotate it?

Mostly minor, especially in comparison to the excellent work in the replication of the gate's fine details, but I've never seen it below $45, so I think the facade could have really been more convenient at that price point. It's a pain to get out if you want to use it as a regular mirror, despite mine deciding to randomly fall out, and even more of a pain to get it back in properly. I'd say it should cost more around $30.$30 is the price I would have absolutely paid for this. Just because it's taken from the official CGI files of the gate doesn't mean it should cost double.

Very nice! I got that last Christmas, and immediately brought it out to play with swapping the modular parts. Right now I've got the Longshot's (originaly thought it was Long-Strike, but that's a new gun (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3938356)) removable front section/pistol on the front end of the Recon, and the Longshot's scope on top. It really brings a new level of fun to the Recon, and makes it more comfortable to wield with the second pistol grip. Plus the Longshot looks more like a proper rifle with the Recon's front end and LED sight.

At first I was slightly disappointed to get the yellow Longshot instead of the blue, since the yellow release only comes with 1 magazine to cut costs, but seeing how well the Longshot and Recon's modular pieces go together really made the garish yellow worth it. I'm hoping to pick up the Raider CS-35 next, the drum magazine is compatible with any of the other NERF rifles that take magazines. :DI like the Longshot's looks over the Longstrike, which I had never seen before. The Longstrike is too much of a regular sniper rifle look, it's not fun to me that way, it needs the fantasy and fun of the Longshot or Recon.

The swappable parts between the Recon and Longshot are very nifty, I'm a little jealous of you on that too. :p

The Raider looks great, but I can't imagine actually owning and loading that drum magazine, I'm not out there living the Nerf lifestyle enough. If you get it, LMK how it is.

bobafrett
12-29-2009, 06:16 PM
A gift that arrived today from San Diego California. Thank you Tycho!

LTBasker
12-29-2009, 07:39 PM
The 6650 accepts SDHC up to 8gb, so you're golden. Transferring it to a computer might be a little troubled though if you don't have an SDHC card reader or a decent USB microSD adapter (the $10 DaneElec one they sell at Target with a 1gb or 4gb card is great, works perfectly).

That's good to hear, I plan on picking up this reader (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134753) in my next order, it has microSDHC listed, so hopefully there shouldn't be a problem.

Someone has a pic of theirs in their FISH TANK on Amazon! I almost died when I saw that.

...Wow. I'll have to look for that, that is simply unbelievable. Even if they got it for dirt cheap and have it protected, I just can't see doing that. It's insane!

Well, I know the puddle effect is meant to be removable, so maybe you can adjust it, but that sounds quite annoying. And you are totally right, the ^ chevron should be at top, what were they thinking?!? Maybe you can rotate it?

Sadly, nope, it's a static piece. It'd be so amazing if it did, although I'd probably never stop playing with it. :D

I like the Longshot's looks over the Longstrike, which I had never seen before. The Longstrike is too much of a regular sniper rifle look, it's not fun to me that way, it needs the fantasy and fun of the Longshot or Recon.

True. Granted, I like the sniper rifle look, but the modularity noticeably suffers because of it. It looks like the only removable section on the Longstrike will be the fore section, but that's going to be weird since the only blue rifles that have removable fore sections is that one, and the Longshot, but the Longshot's pistol wouldn't look right on it.

The Raider looks great, but I can't imagine actually owning and loading that drum magazine, I'm not out there living the Nerf lifestyle enough. If you get it, LMK how it is.

Will do! The drum magazine seems like it will be tedious to load, but I'm far too tempted by the thought of emptying it. :D I don't have much a Nerf lifestyle going on, either. I just get these because I loved Nerf when I was little, and I'm astounded by the real gun aspects that they're applying to them. Plus, they're far more convenient to shoot around the house than my airsoft guns. :cool:

A gift that arrived today from San Diego California. Thank you Tycho!

That's awesome! The hood makes you look like you just walked away from this (http://www.st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Episodes/RoTJ/RoTJ154138bright20.jpg). :D

JediTricks
12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
A gift that arrived today from San Diego California. Thank you Tycho!Boy, they'll let any ol' costume into the 501st these days. ;)

That's good to hear, I plan on picking up this reader (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134753) in my next order, it has microSDHC listed, so hopefully there shouldn't be a problem.Hmm, I guess that's not bad, though $10 for a second 4gb microSDHC and adapters to SD size and a USB port is better (although getting it in and out of the USB micro-flash-drive adapter is challenging due to its small size, but totally worth it as it's nearly the smallest flash drive around).

...Wow. I'll have to look for that, that is simply unbelievable. Even if they got it for dirt cheap and have it protected, I just can't see doing that. It's insane!http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0015KMRG4/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0
Look at the next pic, they took out the mirror and put in a plasma disk!

Sadly, nope, it's a static piece. It'd be so amazing if it did, although I'd probably never stop playing with it. :DA actually meant if the whole ring could be moved to that position, not just the inner track, but I see in other pics it appears that the hanger is attached to the ring, not the mirror.

True. Granted, I like the sniper rifle look, but the modularity noticeably suffers because of it. It looks like the only removable section on the Longstrike will be the fore section, but that's going to be weird since the only blue rifles that have removable fore sections is that one, and the Longshot, but the Longshot's pistol wouldn't look right on it.To me, you can get a sniper rifle look from a pellet rifle at WM, and it's FAR more accurate. Nerf is fun for fantasy style guns like the Maverick and Recon and Raider and even the Vulcan - despite it being totally insane.

Will do! The drum magazine seems like it will be tedious to load, but I'm far too tempted by the thought of emptying it. :D I don't have much a Nerf lifestyle going on, either. I just get these because I loved Nerf when I was little, and I'm astounded by the real gun aspects that they're applying to them. Plus, they're far more convenient to shoot around the house than my airsoft guns. :cool:I've read that the drum mag is actually not that bad to load, but I don't trust those claims. If it took suction micro-darts as well as streamlines, I'd probably have a harder time not buying it. :p

For me, Nerf is what takes it beyond the "now" looks. I can get an Airsoft that looks like a Glock, but I can't get one that looks like a 44 Magnum on steroids.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-30-2009, 10:11 AM
I am going after stuff I didn't receive as a gift now. So far:

- yellow necktie (versatile enough to wear as Pittsburgh sports team gold, or match the school's colors where I work)
- 2 pairs Chuck Taylor Cons (yellow [for same reasons as tie], red old school Chucks ads pattern)
- reversible brown/black belt
- gas (at $2.79 a gallon a few days back, which is now a deal compared to today's prices)
- SW wristwatch (Hildebrandt art)
- Meinke Car Care Bowl t-shirt (Pitt won! )

Looking for a good deal on a small (less than 36" ) TV with DVD player included (Costco's is in the lead right now), some SW Lego sets, and I-don't-know what else.

morpheus282
12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
My wife and I got our best present four days late. Our son was born yesterday afternoon. :D

sonofsokol
12-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Congratulations Morpheus. Best wishes to you and your family.:thumbsup:

TeeEye7
12-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes, ditto! Congrats to you and Mrs. Morpheus, and of course Morpheus Jr. (he had to work to get here, too!).

Darth Metalmute
12-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Congrats on the birth of your son Morpheus!

My son got Nerfed this Christmas. He got the Raider CS-35, the Longshot, the capture the flag set, and both Wii nerf games. I told him the only rule was don't shoot your sister (who's 2) and you can shoot me, my wife and the dog as much as you want. Needless to say he shot his sister last night and lost all his guns. Four days was longer than I expected.

If you get the Raider CS-35, make sure to follow directions. My son thought he could put it together himself and it took me an hour to undo what he had done. The drum magaziine is easy to load and takes less than a minute to load all 35 shots. The round flys off even faster. Pump it once and hold down the trigger, and pump till all hearts content. I haven't tried the sticky darts, but I think they would get stuck. You can load the sticky darts into the longshot clip, and use that clip in the Raider, but then you would defeat the purpose of having a gun than can shoot 35 shots in under a minute. The sticky darts do occasionally get stuck in the longshot clip.

I perfer the longshot due to the duel weapon option. However, the second gun has to be reloaded after every shot. But its easy to separate (unless your left-handed).

My haul:
3-D Simpsons globe puzzle
Something, Something, Something, Dark Side
The 2009 Hallmark Star Wars ornaments
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days
Rascal Flatts tickets (which my sister won)
Halo 3 mongoose

I'll probably use my Christmas money to get a new couch, Republic Heroes, Zelda Spirit Tracks, and Force Unleashed Sith Edition.

LTBasker
12-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Hmm, I guess that's not bad, though $10 for a second 4gb microSDHC and adapters to SD size and a USB port is better (although getting it in and out of the USB micro-flash-drive adapter is challenging due to its small size, but totally worth it as it's nearly the smallest flash drive around).

True, that's a pretty nice deal, but I don't know the next time I'll be at a Target.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0015KMRG4/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0
Look at the next pic, they took out the mirror and put in a plasma disk!

That's awesome, it looks like the Borg have assimilated the Stargate. Yivo help us.

A actually meant if the whole ring could be moved to that position, not just the inner track, but I see in other pics it appears that the hanger is attached to the ring, not the mirror.

Oh, sorry. The hanger is attached to the disc parton the back that I assume is a cover for the mirror, and is secured with two small screws that seem to go into the Gate. I'm guessing you could probably remove those and change it's position, but it might require new screw holes to be drilled. It feels too secure for two small screws to be holding on that mirror, though, I'm thinking there might be glued involved as well.

Fortunately, if you don't hang it on the wall, the hanger doesn't get in the way if you want to stand it upside-down. The only problem is that they put the Earth origin symbol on the very bottom, between the two bottom chevrons. So, if you turn the gate upside-down to have the Earth symbol at the top, it will always be off to the side from whichever chevron you put in the center.

To me, you can get a sniper rifle look from a pellet rifle at WM, and it's FAR more accurate. Nerf is fun for fantasy style guns like the Maverick and Recon and Raider and even the Vulcan - despite it being totally insane.

That's true, the Longstrike doesn't quite fit into the clever gimmick aesthetic that the others have set a standard for. It even comes across as slightly pointless because the Longshot fills the sniper rifle role better due to it's bipod. I'm still picking it up sometime, though. :p

I've read that the drum mag is actually not that bad to load, but I don't trust those claims. If it took suction micro-darts as well as streamlines, I'd probably have a harder time not buying it. :p

I think they only discourage the use of them because the rubber overlapping the dart can catch when it's going through the barrel, which would kill the efficiency that the streamlines are capable of. The Raider appears to be the same size as the recon (the stocks can even be swapped), so if your suction darts work fine in the recon, they should be fine in the Raider. I'd love to see a barrage of suction darts coming from a Raider towards something like a fridge. :D

For me, Nerf is what takes it beyond the "now" looks. I can get an Airsoft that looks like a Glock, but I can't get one that looks like a 44 Magnum on steroids.

Well, you probably could, but you might have to skip a couple payments on your car. :p

JediTricks
12-30-2009, 06:38 PM
I've opened up nearly everything finally. Yesterday it was the Obi-Wan TPM FX Lightsaber, which is very nice. I'm still really digging the ipod touch as a mini-PC, and today have been adding PDA functionality (after a decade of my Palm IIIxe, which I still love but without wireless has outlived its usefulness - it has ONLY ONE SLOT FOR EMAIL ADDRESSES! :p)

I think the Vulcan (http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/upgrade/4263421.html) is what my nephew had on Christmas. Shortly after I arrived I hear this noise, and then see a barrage of nerf darts landing at the bottom of the stairs.That thing is unholy. It's massive and it's belt-fed and it's nearly fifty bucks. If they had made that when I was a kid, I would have begged for it. I hear it's actually not that great compared to most of the other N-strikes though.

My wife and I got our best present four days late. Our son was born yesterday afternoon. :DCongrats! Great for you, sucks for him with his birthday being overshadowed by xmas every year. :p Saves you on presents though. ;)

My son got Nerfed this Christmas. He got the Raider CS-35, the Longshot, the capture the flag set, and both Wii nerf games. I told him the only rule was don't shoot your sister (who's 2) and you can shoot me, my wife and the dog as much as you want. Needless to say he shot his sister last night and lost all his guns. Four days was longer than I expected.Dude, that is some serious Nerf your boy got! I hope he's into it, especially now that he's had it all taken away. ;)

If you get the Raider CS-35, make sure to follow directions. My son thought he could put it together himself and it took me an hour to undo what he had done. The drum magaziine is easy to load and takes less than a minute to load all 35 shots. The round flys off even faster. Pump it once and hold down the trigger, and pump till all hearts content. I haven't tried the sticky darts, but I think they would get stuck. You can load the sticky darts into the longshot clip, and use that clip in the Raider, but then you would defeat the purpose of having a gun than can shoot 35 shots in under a minute. The sticky darts do occasionally get stuck in the longshot clip.How old is your son? I hadn't heard it requires great assembly, just the drum adapter and then the drum (and optional stock), what did he do? Glad to hear it's easy to load, even better that you can rapid-fire it. I may have to buy it after all, I'm putting it on my Amazon list to watch for a price drop. :greedy:

I perfer the longshot due to the duel weapon option. However, the second gun has to be reloaded after every shot. But its easy to separate (unless your left-handed).I'm kinda blown away by the Raider's drum and pump-action rapid fire you just mentioned. If the Longshot had a higher-capacity clip, I probably would be digging it more than the Raider because I do like the modularity of it with the Recon.

True, that's a pretty nice deal, but I don't know the next time I'll be at a Target.Well, if you do find yourself there, it's in the electronics section with the other SD cards and flash drives. The Dane-Elec last time I saw it was 4gb for $10 (sometimes on sale for $9 or even $8) and the latest packaging is a small flat card with 3 little blisters for the microSD, USB adapter, and SD adapter.

That's awesome, it looks like the Borg have assimilated the Stargate. Yivo help us.Dude, you just mixed 3 separate franchises, nice!

Oh, sorry. The hanger is attached to the disc parton the back that I assume is a cover for the mirror, and is secured with two small screws that seem to go into the Gate. I'm guessing you could probably remove those and change it's position, but it might require new screw holes to be drilled. It feels too secure for two small screws to be holding on that mirror, though, I'm thinking there might be glued involved as well.That's too bad, a simple engineering feat could have made that possible. Maybe you could email them and see if it's glue or a slide tab or something more modular for this need - would also help deal with the frustration of aligning the puddle effect, I'd think.

Fortunately, if you don't hang it on the wall, the hanger doesn't get in the way if you want to stand it upside-down. The only problem is that they put the Earth origin symbol on the very bottom, between the two bottom chevrons. So, if you turn the gate upside-down to have the Earth symbol at the top, it will always be off to the side from whichever chevron you put in the center.WTF?!? Why would they do that? Such a weird oversight that I think it has to be intentional.

That's true, the Longstrike doesn't quite fit into the clever gimmick aesthetic that the others have set a standard for. It even comes across as slightly pointless because the Longshot fills the sniper rifle role better due to it's bipod. I'm still picking it up sometime, though. :pCome to think of it, the Longstrike doesn't even have a scope, only a flip-up sight similar to the Recon's. The LongShot has the scope, bipod, and that nifty backup gun. But it does look like the Longstrike has an interchangeable barrel, I thought it didn't. Its stock seems to hold 2 more clips, but doesn't come with them.

You're getting the Longstrike, but you're not living the Nerf lifestyle, nosiree. ;)

I think they only discourage the use of them because the rubber overlapping the dart can catch when it's going through the barrel, which would kill the efficiency that the streamlines are capable of. The Raider appears to be the same size as the recon (the stocks can even be swapped), so if your suction darts work fine in the recon, they should be fine in the Raider. I'd love to see a barrage of suction darts coming from a Raider towards something like a fridge. :DI am going to have to try multiple suction darts in the Recon's clip, and streamlines in the Maverick. The prospect of firing off a mountain of suctions at flat targets is indeed too awesome not to see!

Well, you probably could, but you might have to skip a couple payments on your car. :pI doubt it could be as cool as the Maverick Rev-6, and I do like spending less than $10 for the Maverick.

LTBasker
12-30-2009, 07:55 PM
My wife and I got our best present four days late. Our son was born yesterday afternoon. :D

Congrats!

That thing is unholy. It's massive and it's belt-fed and it's nearly fifty bucks. If they had made that when I was a kid, I would have begged for it. I hear it's actually not that great compared to most of the other N-strikes though.

It also has three rails for attaching the "laser" sights to, one on top and two on the side. So you can nicely illuminate the person that's not going to have a pleasant experience. :D

I'm kinda blown away by the Raider's drum and pump-action rapid fire you just mentioned. If the Longshot had a higher-capacity clip, I probably would be digging it more than the Raider because I do like the modularity of it with the Recon.

I'm really hoping they release the drum magazines separately, but if you do get the Raider later you could just toss the drum mag into the Recon, and the regular mag into the Raider.

Well, if you do find yourself there, it's in the electronics section with the other SD cards and flash drives. The Dane-Elec last time I saw it was 4gb for $10 (sometimes on sale for $9 or even $8) and the latest packaging is a small flat card with 3 little blisters for the microSD, USB adapter, and SD adapter.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that! I heard mention that we may be venturing out this weekend, but it depends on how much ice is still left on the roads.

Dude, you just mixed 3 separate franchises, nice!

I try. :cool:

That's too bad, a simple engineering feat could have made that possible. Maybe you could email them and see if it's glue or a slide tab or something more modular for this need - would also help deal with the frustration of aligning the puddle effect, I'd think.

WTF?!? Why would they do that? Such a weird oversight that I think it has to be intentional.

I did note the disappointment in having the Earth symbol placed there when I mentioned the gate in this thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63270), where you can ask questions as long as you have a GateWorld account. They answer them on a mostly quickly basis, but the holidays seemed to have delayed them slightly. I'm hoping he addresses why it was put there, if not, then I'll post a question asking about it directly.

Come to think of it, the Longstrike doesn't even have a scope, only a flip-up sight similar to the Recon's. The LongShot has the scope, bipod, and that nifty backup gun. But it does look like the Longstrike has an interchangeable barrel, I thought it didn't. Its stock seems to hold 2 more clips, but doesn't come with them.

Hmm, didn't notice that it's supposed to hold two mags there. That's pretty cool. :D I may wait to find it marked down since I'd have to buy the magazines separately, though.

You're getting the Longstrike, but you're not living the Nerf lifestyle, nosiree. ;)

Well, I thought you meant something more active, like these guys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_S2CFpFMOI). :p

JediTricks
12-31-2009, 04:01 AM
Well, I can kinda see why the suction darts aren't approved for the Recon and Longshot, they don't load into the clips right, the dart heads are fatter than the dart bodies so when you load multiples in there, they start to angle upwards at the front. This doesn't strictly prevent the suction darts from working in the clip, but I suspect this will cause more jamming than regular darts, when I tried whistler darts, they jammed on the first try.

That said, the Drum magazine could either allow suction darts fine or not depending on how it chambers the darts, but the problem with clip alignment wouldn't be an issue from what I can see.

I'm really hoping they release the drum magazines separately, but if you do get the Raider later you could just toss the drum mag into the Recon, and the regular mag into the Raider.I suspect they will hold off as long as possible on the separate drums, it's not like releasing a $10 pack of clips and streamline darts. So if I get the raider, that's exactly what I plan on doing.

Well, I thought you meant something more active, like these guys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_S2CFpFMOI). :pWow, no. That must have been bizarre to be an unwitting spectator on.

My mother bought it all for him. She thinks Christmas is for shopping. I have two childern and my sister has four. We had Christmas at my sisters and her dinning room set had to be moved out of the room because of the amount of presents my mom bought.Geez, that's a lot to get a grandson all at once.

He's nine, but he doesn't read directions. In fact I never saw them. If you force the drum into the adaptor before the gun is cocked, you can jam it pretty bad. Then he tried to unscrew the gun to get it out. That was the majority of the trouble. The rapid rire is cool, but you have to keep pumping to fire.Oh man, that's pretty bad. The Recon doesn't allow you to load its clip before cocking, so I can see how messed up stuff can get there. Poor lil guy tried to take it apart, I remember trying stuff like that at that age and having the springs pop out and confound me. You're a good guy for getting it back together.

I figured that's how the rapid fire worked, not a problem for me, I like the pump action gimmick.

You can add the drum to the longshot, but no rapid fire.Yeah, not surprised, the Recon is the same way.

Ando
01-04-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm back at my desk after the long holiday break. We gave everybody at work 2 four day weekends and I was gone the 3 days in between.

Here's my Christmas haul. It was a big Star Wars Christmas for me:

- Marc Ecko SW Hoodies: X Wing Luke from my wife and Stormtrooper version from her folks.
- Hasbro Force FX TPM/AOTC Obi Wan lightsaber from the wife.
- LEGO SW Tantive IV set (wife).
- R/C R2D2 in my stocking (wife).
- LEGO store gift cards from my brother and from wife that I turned in to get a LEGO SW ARC-170 and a LEGO SW Freeco Speeder.
- Homemade stuffed Bantha that my wife made.
- Nerf Reactor gun from my sister's husband.
- TRU gift card from my FIL/MIL.
- A "homemade" car kit from my wife with napkins, tissues, bottled water, candy, soda, etc. to keep in my truck.
- A tiny little hot dog keychain that my wife knit for me.
- A Benchmade 14800 HK OTF knife from my wife's brother (a couple weeks before Christmas).

My wife definitely spoiled me this year and it was an all around great Christmas.

As for the ongoing Nerf discussion... Right before Thanksgiving, our local retailer Fred Meyer had a huge sale on toys and I got 2 Mavericks and a Recon to have around the house. I definitely like the Recon, but I prefer the Maverick to it. But now that I know the Longshot and Recon parts are interchangeable, I will definitely have to get a Longshot the next time it goes on sale.

I plan on getting the Raider this month after I get paid again. I like the drum magazine and reading on here about how it fires "automatically" as you pump it is a huge selling point.

I got the Vulcan last year for Christmas, but the darn thing jammed and then broke after playing with it (read: shooting my wife with it) for only 10-15 minutes. It's the only time I broke a toy (or had one break on me) ON Christmas Day. I took it back to Target and got 2 GH Cinema Scenes instead. I think I got 7-8 Cinema Scenes last Christmas between gifts and after Christmas spending.

Happy New Year, my friends.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
- Homemade stuffed Bantha that my wife made.[/FONT]That sounds kind of neat.

Ando
01-04-2010, 06:46 PM
That sounds kind of neat.

Okay, here is the picture of the homemade Bantha that my wife made me for Christmas.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Is that a little lost bantha?

sonofsokol
01-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Ando, that Bantha is awesome... I love your idea of exchanging homemade gifts... how did she like the leg lamp???

Ando
01-06-2010, 10:10 AM
It is a little lost Bantha.

And she LOVED the leg lamp. We've decided to keep doing a homemade/creative gift each year.

Ji'dai
01-06-2010, 01:28 PM
It looks like Domo with a goatee, horns, and a fur coat.

JediTricks
01-06-2010, 05:25 PM
That bantha is rad!

Back on Nerf, something I meant to mention earlier. The streamline darts not only look good in the Maverick, but they fly a little faster too. This is because they don't quite fit, they're a little snug in the chambers, which seems to add a little more "oomph" to the firing action. I'm actually getting better aim with the Maverick than the Recon on them in terms of distance.

Ando
01-06-2010, 05:29 PM
That bantha is rad!

Back on Nerf, something I meant to mention earlier. The streamline darts not only look good in the Maverick, but they fly a little faster too. This is because they don't quite fit, they're a little snug in the chambers, which seems to add a little more "oomph" to the firing action. I'm actually getting better aim with the Maverick than the Recon on them in terms of distance.

Thank you! I really like it and I am very proud of my wife for coming up with something like that all by herself.

I bought a refill pack of streamline darts with 2 clips when I bought my Nerf guns and they work really well with the Maverick and that Maverick is literally and figuratively the best bang for the buck.

JediTricks
01-06-2010, 06:58 PM
She did a very entertaining job, very gift-of-the-magi.

I was given a pack of extra streamlines for my Recon, I separated out 6 for my Maverick, drew black lines around the middle to differentiate them from the regular streamlines. Good find on the clips, I can't find those sets around here. Target has a tag for the single clip sets, but are gray-tagged which means totally sold out.

Yeah, the Maverick is the ultimate Nerf gun really, most fun, most clever, best value, best looking.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-10-2010, 09:12 AM
The coupons to Costco that weren't effective until early January have now netted me $4 off a package of pork chops. Yummy! :yes: Now I'm looking to replenish my dwindling supply of Windex or some other glass cleaner. :rolleyes: Oh, and a not-too-big nor not-too-expensive non-analog TV with combo DVD player, too.

JediTricks
08-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I have split off the Nerf discussion into its own thread, only 8 months too late. ;) http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=43020

Mad Slanted Powers
08-10-2010, 07:38 PM
So, you herded all those nerf posts into another thread.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Bump! Budget cuts mean that last year's thread wil have to be re-threaded (gifted). Or...

Anyhow. I got a few SW items:
- Yoda ornament
- cocoa mug set
- PJs (now I just need queen size SW bedsheets! :D )

And some other cool stuff:
- telescope (look out Jimmy Stewart creepy window watching! )
- shirt, sweater
- towel set
- bedsheets set... but not SW :(
- Steelers mug, snack bowl
- coin sorter
- car wash certificate
- lip balm
- calendar
- a couple books
- some gift cards

Merry Christmas!

sith_killer_99
12-25-2010, 03:03 PM
I got a bunch of new "Old 80's style" shirts.

I'm a Pepper
Mountain Dew
Orange Crush
Coke

Logan's Run (Blu-Ray)

The real present was my new laptop, which I bought on Black Friday.:thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
12-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Got a Gam Guard from the kids this morning!

My son has not stopped playing with his new AT AT

morpheus282
12-25-2010, 07:31 PM
I got beer. More specifically, some Rogue IPA and a gift certificate to a specialty beer store to pick out some other good brews.

Got a Gam Guard from the kids this morning!

There was a conspicuous abscence of piggies at my house, in fact no pork of any kind. Some bacon would have been nice this morning though...

LTBasker
12-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Christmas haul:
Microsft Zune HD 32gb (Blue)
Accessory kit for Zune HD (covers, wall plug-in, etc.)
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths 2-Disc DVD
McFarlane Series 30 "Spawn X" x2
Terry's Chocolate Orange x2
$50 Gift Card for Vintage Stock (local comic/misc. store chain)
Smores & Hot chocolate gift kit

And, early in the month for the birthday:
Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker set
Hasbro Iron Man 2 6" Mark V x2

Neuroleptic
12-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Christmas Hauls for 2010 for me where epic.

I got a bunch of scetching supplies which is great, because I'll be taking Drawing II this coming semester. Earasers, pencils, charcoal penciles and sketch books, as well as two Side Show S buck male and female grey model makets for figure drawing.

This year was also year of the Star Wars. It's the first time in a long time that a bunch of people got me Star Wars stuff for my collection.

Our foreghn exchange student from Thailand got me the new ROTJ R2-D2 in perfect package, so I still need two more to open, but I was very happy with this one.

My wife got me my third Wicket, who I have standing on my hero shelf, as well as the Rocket Fireing Boba Fett (not squished at all) and the Target AT-ST attack on hoth set. Since the AT-ST is my favorite vehicle in Star Wars and I have never owned any previous versions, I was thrilled.

My parents sent me a huge package, which I thought was going to be an artist's easle. It instead turned out to be the new AT-AT, which was a total suprise to me. I finaly got batteries for it tonight and plan to put them in it in a few minutes as well as re-arange my entire imperial army to try to figure out where to put it.

Ando
12-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Once again, my wife spoiled me:

- Mace Windu Force FX saber.
- Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) Force FX saber.
- Voltron 25th Anniversary Edition (this is the 2nd time she got this for me... We regifted the first one to my nephew for his birthday when we realized his wouldn't arrive in time).
- Rise of Bob Fett UBP. I really like this set. The Mace and Anakin figures will be given to my nephew.
- A childrens book that my wife made for me with Shutterfly about a stuffed animal we have using pictures she took. It's totally an inside joke between the two of us, but it is pretty awesome.
- A little stuffed animal she made me.

*and*

- A pair a of NikeID sneakers that I special ordered for myself (yes, a gift from myself). They're green and yellow and black and say "GO DUCKS" on the heel and they match the ones I ordered for her.

InsaneJediGirl
12-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Christmas haul:
Microsft Zune HD 32gb (Blue)
Accessory kit for Zune HD (covers, wall plug-in, etc.)

Nice to know I'm not the only SSGer that has a Zune now. Had mine since last Christmas.

My Christmas Haul :

Lego Stormtrooper Clock
Walking Dead GN's #1-5
Zombie Survival Guide
Zombie Plush from ThinkGeek
Star Wars and DC Comics sleep pants
Seagate 1 TB external storage
Pasta Maker
Family Guy Blue Harvest and Big Bang Theory DVDs
Rechargeable batteries

Mad Slanted Powers
12-27-2010, 07:00 PM
A gift basket from my sister with treats, jam, and a bottle of some sort of raspberry cordial she made. I had some on Thanksgiving, and it was pretty good.

Mom gave me the usual $100 a couple weeks ago.

LTBasker
12-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Got Undergrads first/only season set today to add to the Christmas haul. My sister ordered it just a little too late.

Nice to know I'm not the only SSGer that has a Zune now. Had mine since last Christmas.

Awesome, it's been surprising that they seem a little scarce since it's a fun little gadget without being too overblown in unnecessary features. I'm Jedigreedo on the zune social thingy if you ever fiddle with that.

Seagate 1 TB external storage

Even more awesome! :D

InsaneJediGirl
12-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Got Undergrads first/only season set today to add to the Christmas haul. My sister ordered it just a little too late.

Awesome, it's been surprising that they seem a little scarce since it's a fun little gadget without being too overblown in unnecessary features. I'm Jedigreedo on the zune social thingy if you ever fiddle with that.

Even more awesome! :D

I don't get the social thing, especially since everyone around me is anti-Zune, but I added you anyways.

JediTricks
12-28-2010, 11:34 PM
iPod Touch 4g 32gb
Illustrated Star Wars Universe hardcover
R/C Flying Saucer
jacket
Family Guy ROTJ blu-ray
Making of Indiana Jones
Transformers War for Cybertron PS3
Megadeth - Endgame

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Star Wars stuff, Hasbro division:
*AT-AT (Vintage packaging)
*Imperial TIE Bomber
*Rebel Armored Snowspeeder (Vintage packaging)
*Quinlan Vos
*R4-P17
*Clone Trooper Draa
*Undead Geonosian
*Cato Parasitti
*Mandalorian Warrior
*Armored Scout Tank with Tactical Droid
*Freeco Speeder with Clone Trooper
*The Hidden Enemy four-pack
*Senate Commando Captain and Senate Commando
*Shaak Ti and Geonosian Warrior Arena set
*Nicanas Tassu and Count Dooku Arena set
*R2-D2 and C-3PO Arena set

Star Wars stuff, non-Hasbro division:
*The Sounds of Star Wars
*Star Wars: Year by Year
*ANH poster pajama pants with blue shirt
*Darth Vader pajama pants with red shirt
*Family Guy: It's a Trap! DVD
*Star Wars concept art calendar

Other stuff:
*Donkey Kong Country for Wii
*Queen: Live at Wembley Stadium CD
*sandwich press/waffle maker/small grill
*$50
*Best Buy gift certificate

Notable present for the whole family:
*Nintendo Wii with New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports

bobafrett
12-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Let's see:
Boba Fett mug (from my son)
Despicable Me on DVD
6 pairs of socks
Bag of Chocolate Chip Cookies
smaller bag of homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 X $2.00 scratch tickets
1 X $5.00 scratch ticket
ear muffs
massaging slippers
foot care kit
Christmas tree cake

That's all I can remember off the top of my head

sith_killer_99
12-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Let's see:
Boba Fett mug (from my son)
Despicable Me on DVD
6 pairs of socks
Bag of Chocolate Chip Cookies
smaller bag of homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 X $2.00 scratch tickets
1 X $5.00 scratch ticket
ear muffs
massaging slippers
foot care kit
Christmas tree cake

That's all I can remember off the top of my head

Don't keep us in suspense, did you win anything off the scratch tickets?

bobafrett
12-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Don't keep us in suspense, did you win anything off the scratch tickets?

One of the $2.00 tickets I won $5 on, which I of course went and bought another ticket on which I lost. I also lost on the other $2.00 and the $5.00 ticket.

JediTricks
12-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Funny stuff, I was thinking the same thing about the scratchers. Years after I gave them up entirely, I'm still curious how they go. :D

I forgot a haul:
Venture Bros season 4, pt 1