PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

OC47150
12-29-2009, 07:45 PM
I thought I'd get the thread started after seeing this interesting article.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/12/survivor-heroes-vs-villains-looking-for-clues-in-the-trailer.html#comment-741539

Some interesting names popped up. I think some of these people have no lives other than appearing on reality TV shows.

I'm pretty sure Richard Hatch won't be there, but it would be cool if he were. I'm thinking Rudy may be too old for a third appearance.

DarthQuack
12-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I'd prefer less 3rd time appearances....I wanted to see Yau-Man back...but I haven't heard about him coming back....I know Richard Hatch wanted to come back but was stopped by a court order from what I read. Should still be a fun season though!

OC47150
12-29-2009, 09:16 PM
I agree. Some of those people just need to move on.

We should have the official word in a few weeks.

OC47150
01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
The cast!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100107/ap_en_ot/us_tv_survivor20

And some of the former contestants haven't moved on.

figrin bran
01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Where's Elisabeth Hasselbeck? :p

OC47150
01-08-2010, 10:32 AM
I did a little thinking: This is the 20th edition of Survivor. There have been over 300 contestants. You'd think the producers could come up with some new faces other than Boston Rob and Parvati. It's their third time for goodness sake!!!

I know some people are unable to appear again (Richard Hatch) and others who don't want to.

As I stated before, some of these people need to move on with their lives.

DarthQuack
01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
I would have liked to have seen Colleen Haskell :love:come back....or Greg the guy who talked into his cell coconut....so many other characters I would have liked to seen back....Yau-man....hands-in-the-fire Mike....

2-1B
01-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I hope Coach and Russell form an alliance and roll all the way to the finale together. :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
01-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I am not a fan of quasi "Reality TV".

I would have watched this if, and only if, it had been the cast of "Heroes" with the Heroes vs. the Villains!

Then it might have been interesting!

OC47150
01-20-2010, 07:56 PM
A little OT but Jennifer from Palau passed away from breast cancer.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/01/survivor-palau-contestant-jennifer-lyon-passes-away.html

This was the season where firefighter Tom won; Jennifer came in fourth. For the life of me, I can't remember her.

DarthQuack
02-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Got my pick in for DVDTalk's Survivor group.....managed to get Tyson for my pick to win it all. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
02-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I haven't watched Survivor in years, but I think I'm going to give this one a go. :thumbsup:

2-1B
02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I haven't watched Survivor in years, but I think I'm going to give this one a go. :thumbsup:

You missed 2 of the best characters, in Coach and Russell...thankfully they're both in this new season.

I pulled Amanda's name in the pool this season...so I guess I'll root for her over Coach. :cry:

UKWildcat
02-11-2010, 05:06 PM
You missed 2 of the best characters, in Coach and Russell...thankfully they're both in this new season.

Yeah, definitely missed them. I think the last time I watched an entire season was the one with Rupert and Jonny Fairplay. I did see some of the All Stars with Rupert too.

I am pretty excited for tonight's episode though. :thumbsup:

OC47150
02-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Just about five minutes until show time!!! I can't wait!!

DarthQuack
02-11-2010, 08:08 PM
DVRing to watch when I get home....at 11pm!

dr_evazan22
02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
One of the seasons I missed was the one with Rupert.

I still love Stephanie, she is such a hottie! And that blonde on the Villains team. I already like the 'team-up' of the black widow and the dragon slayer.

And how in the world could the heroes lose that immunity challenge?!?! They were SO FAR ahead!

OC47150
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Just from that first challenge, I can tell this will be a rough and tumble season.

There's a couple of contestants I can't place, like Danielle.

Lot of boobage. :yes:

Can't wait until next week.

UKWildcat
02-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I can't place a lot of them, LOL. But I still really enjoyed tonight's show. Man, it was brutal.

I think the Heroes made the right decision in the end.

I'm surprised Jonny Fairplay wasn't a Villains contestant?!?!?

2-1B
02-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Coach didn't disappoint tonight...painfully humorous. :p

Do you think he has a bigger crush on Jerri or Rob ? :love:

UKWildcat
02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Do you think he has a bigger crush on Jerri or Rob ? :love:

At first I would have said Jerri... but DEFINITELY Rob! lol

2-1B
02-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Lot of boobage. :yes:

and crotchage. :shocked:

At first I would have said Jerri... but DEFINITELY Rob! lol

I thought it was funny enough BEFORE he admitted to his "bromance"...then it was downright hilarious/creepy. :bandit:

OC47150
02-12-2010, 06:59 PM
I think the Heroes made the right decision in the end.

I'm surprised Jonny Fairplay wasn't a Villains contestant?!?!?

You're right. I'd be a little ticked if I were sleeping good and Sugar started blabbing for no apparent reason.

Fairplay is probably too busy. lol

I noticed that there aren't any contestants from the first Survivor (Borneo) or Africa. I guess if you were asked to participate, you can always say no.

DarthQuack
02-12-2010, 07:45 PM
You're right. I'd be a little ticked if I were sleeping good and Sugar started blabbing for no apparent reason.

Fairplay is probably too busy. lol

I noticed that there aren't any contestants from the first Survivor (Borneo) or Africa. I guess if you were asked to participate, you can always say no.

Yea....no problem seeing Sugar go....she was annoying.

Fairplay doesn't deserve another shot....last time he was on he wimped out and went home early cause he missed his wife/baby.....blah who needs him.

Richard Hatch was asked but couldn't get it cleared with his parole officer I think....which is a shame because him and Russell would have been awesome to watch.

OC47150
02-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Richard Hatch was asked but couldn't get it cleared with his parole officer I think....which is a shame because him and Russell would have been awesome to watch.

It would've been great to see the original Survivor winner back for another round. But knowing Hatch, if he were voted off early, he'd head for a country with no extradition treaty with the US and stay! :laugh:

I think CBS's and the Survivor producers' definition of a villian is different. Boston Rob, Jerri, Russell H and Coach definitely fall into the villian category, but Sandra and the thin-blonde Courtney? Disliked, yes, but villians? I don't know.

UKWildcat
02-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Fairplay doesn't deserve another shot....last time he was on he wimped out and went home early cause he missed his wife/baby.....blah who needs him.

I was unaware of that; glad he isn't on the show.

OC47150
02-18-2010, 08:11 PM
From all the camera time the Villians were getting at the beginning of the show, I was sure they'd lose or Boston Rob would be ousted for medical reasons.

Hey, Rob, Survivor is different this time 'cause you're six years older and carrying a spare tire 'round the waist!

Really disappointed in the Heroes. Someone said it tonight: they need to check egos/personalities at the door and concentrate on listening and winning. The personalities are clashing like the titans!

I liked Steph, but she is a strong personality and I could see her rubbing people the wrong way. Again, there's a lot of people there who could rub you the wrong way.

Amanda is nice eye-candy and I didn't want to see her gone just yet. :lipsrsealed:

DarthQuack
02-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Tom and James getting into it at tribal.....I really don't wanna see either one go! My pick Tyson has hardly had any camera time which is always good because that makes me think he'll be around for a bit :)

OC47150
02-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Boy, the Heroes wanted to win and it showed. That was a rough challenge, but glad to see the Heroes dominate. Dontcha know Russell and Coach's egos hated losing?

The Villians sent the wrong person home; Parvati should've went. Randy was harmless. A crumudgeon but harmless.

Nice way the producers played up the James/Tom confrontation. Done and over with in the first five minutes.

2-1B
02-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Coach's mantra while meditating was great. lol

Notice how he was so vocal about fighting for Randy...yet voted for him anyway?

dr_evazan22
02-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Don't be too hard on him 2-1B, he IS the last HONEST person on the island.

It was nice to see the Heroes come out and win, seeing the villains getting manhandled.

I wonder what's going thru peoples minds without the machete? Other than what was brought up at tribal they didn't really show how that developed. They showed Randy with his clam, but they made it seem like the machete was just hidden. And, during tribal, did people start to think that Russell was responsible?

DarthQuack
02-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Another great episode, was glad to see the Heroes win one finally. Nothing really beats Russell's shenanigans, and Tyson's one-liners. And how about the ta'ta's on Danielle. :drool:

Amanda looks pretty damn hot as well. :thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
02-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Anyone notice the "comfort items" they'd receive for winning the challenge? James's comfort item was one of the two "hidden immunity idols" that he found and foolishly chose to not play in Survivor: China. :D

OC47150
02-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Coach looks out for one person: himself. I can't wait to see his little 'there is no honor here' meltdown.

I loved the muddy teeth look on Daniele last night. Very funny.

DarthQuack
02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
I loved the muddy teeth look on Daniele last night. Very funny.

I loved her perfect ta-ta's. :thumbsup:

OC47150
03-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Ah, Cirie, I won't miss you. Tom was right: you were the puppet master, pulling all the strings. You weren't a real strong competitor.

I hope the Heroes can turn around and win more.

And what's with the Villians? Everyone looks for the hidden immunity idol or nobody? Dumb rule.

The oiled-up bodies on the ladies was nice. :love:

And the nice boob shot of Amanda at tribal council was nice, too. :yes:

2-1B
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I really hated Tyson in his last season, and I assume I'll hate him this round, too...but man, his interaction with Coach was hilariously done !!! :thumbsup:

OC47150
03-11-2010, 08:47 PM
The Heroes should be renamed the Hapless Losers. Keeping James?!? I like James (his attitude is a little insufferable this time around) but he's freakin' injured!

A chocolate reward?

dr_evazan22
03-14-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm looking forward to the showdown with Russell. Rob's plan could end up backfiring on him as Russ may get more to vote for Rob than Rob could get to vote for a back-up cast off (assuming Russ plays the idol).

OC47150
03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
For once, the Heroes did something right. I like James. He's one of the strongest players to have ever played the game. But his leg isn't going to heal overnight, and that makes him a liability. (I actually think it might've hurt it more during his little run-off with JT.) Sending James home was the right decision.

Amanda and James were teammates in China, but I think she suffered more from idol worship with James. Glad she saw the light.

Boston Rob got blindsided!!! Yee ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a good move on Russell's part. Tyson never saw it coming.

Personally, any contestant who's already won the money is a bigger target than anyone else. I'd go after them first.

ncbarrett
03-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Looking forward to the Rob/Russel story continuation tomorrow.

DarthQuack
03-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Looking forward to the Rob/Russel story continuation tomorrow.

Agreed!!! This is shaping up as a great season :)

OC47150
03-31-2010, 07:37 PM
TBS showed Into the Blue and Into the Blue 2, and guess who was in ITB 2? Parvati! As herself! It was a real stretch.

OC47150
04-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm not a Boston Rob fan (never have been, never will), and I won't miss him, but it would've made more sense, to me at least, to have gotten rid of Courtney. She's dead weight; she sits out more competitions than anyone else, maybe in Survivor history, and doesn't contribute that much to camp life. But the Alpha Male with more allies won out. The Villians will feel Rob's loss, and next week's show preview is a good taste of what's to come.

Personally, I'd target Parvati and Sandra next, 'cause they're the only winners still left in the game. They have the money already. They don't need more!

Glad to see the Heroes pull together and win. Russell and Rupert were going at it during the reward challenge.

DarthQuack
04-02-2010, 12:42 AM
Russell is da man yet again....From being about going home to spear-heading getting rid of one of the great players of the game.

ncbarrett
04-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Villains are self destructing, as I thought they might.
Heroes definitely surprised me.
After last night I expect they will be 5 and 5 before the merge.

jamesbondo07
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
As a team I think it was a big mistake to vote rob off. He was the glue for that team. This is better for Russel since his tribe being in chaos is how he thrives. I agree that the heroes should be on a winning streak until the merge.

DarthQuack
04-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Unfortunately I still don't think Russell will win....just from the look on his face from the previous season's live finale.....he looked like he wanted it so bad and then trying to buy the Survivor title from Natalie....her damn coat-tails....grrrrrrrrrrr:upset:

2-1B
04-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I agree Quack but that would be a great bluff if he really did win Herroes vs. Villains !!!

OC47150
04-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Spoiler for those who haven't watched yet

Shocker as to whom was evicted. I would've bet money that skinny Courtney was gone. She should've been gone, but the Villians made another stupid, stupid mistake. It will cost them. I'm not a Coach fan, but they need strength, and the Villians don't have that with Sandra and Courtney.

But Sandra started to play the game tonight. Finally!

This competition is taking a toll on Jerri, and it's showing.

And Amanda played with her boobies on national TV. :lipsrsealed:

DarthQuack
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
And Amanda played with her boobies on national TV. :lipsrsealed:

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Yea...I'm pretty sick of seeing Sandra and Courtney on this show....two more hanger-ons that don't to squat and are still hanging around....I loved the preview for this weeks episode though....classic.

OC47150
04-13-2010, 06:35 PM
I hope what's being hyped on the commercials will not come to fruition. I think it's exactly that: hype. At least I hope.

OC47150
04-15-2010, 07:57 PM
What idiots!!!!!!! That move is going to bite them in the butt.

Glad to see Courtney finally gone.

DarthQuack
04-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Amanda was the only smart one it seems who saw what could have been going on.....JT you gotta be smarter than that! They should have kept Courtney though....Sandra is too sneaky I feel like.

dr_evazan22
04-16-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree with you there DQ, about Sandra. And I'm not just saying that because I think that Courtney is just the CUTEST! Well, maybe not cute, but pretty. As long as I can't see her ribs. Looking forward to seeing her all clean on the jury.

Catch ya later b*itches!

OC47150
04-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Amanda was the only smart one it seems who saw what could have been going on.....JT you gotta be smarter than that! They should have kept Courtney though....Sandra is too sneaky I feel like.

You would've thought someone like Rupert or Colby would've spoken up and said it's a bad idea. Amanda raised it, and Candace touched it briefly, but the others, nada. I can't wait to see this issue discussed at the reunion show.

Dr. Evazan, to quote Mr. Hand: are you on dope? Courtney cute? Pa-lease.

dr_evazan22
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
OC, its alright if I'm not feeling the love from you for Courtney, 'cause I'm feelin' it for her. I even liked her the first time she was on. LOVE her!

OC47150
04-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, well, well....

SPOILER

* JT has to go down as one of the most naive, gullible players to play Survivor. He deserved to go home. You hit it on the head in your closing statement, buddy: you're an idiot. Hope you didn't spend all your money from last time.

* And those stupid Heroes!! They had one chance to vote off Russell and what did they do!! Waste it with votes to Jerri. Morons!! Amanda was playing it way too hard with Parvati. A blind man could've seen that smokescreen.

* Parvati is playing a great game, but my opinion of her hasn't changed. Still don't like her.

DarthQuack
04-25-2010, 02:12 PM
And the man Russell (http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/realitytv/survivors-russell-hantz-arrested/) was arrested to boot!

DarthQuack
04-29-2010, 11:20 PM
SPOILERS if you haven't watched yet!!!

Another solid episode....I couldn't believe Amanda and Danielle in the bedroom!! And watching Colby was priceless.....Russell again kind of made a bonehead move....but he lives to see another week, although the preview didn't look too kind to him!

OC47150
04-30-2010, 10:15 AM
And the man Russell (http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/realitytv/survivors-russell-hantz-arrested/) was arrested to boot!

I could see this happening. Russell has a short fuse, and it wouldn't take too much for someone to set him off.

To last night's ep...

Those stupid Heroes. They had a chance to vote Parvati off and blew it!!! What were you thinking, Candace? Someone take that girl off to the side and smack some since into her.

Just about everyone is onto Russell. He has to work some major magic to stick around much longer.

Catfight!! Grrr, grrr. Loved Colby's reaction: I was watching Treasure Island.

This was at least the second time we saw Danielle's boobage during the voting process.

I will miss Amanda. Nice on the eyes.

DarthQuack
04-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Have you been watching the Ponderosa's on CBS.com? I really enjoy them....the recent one from last night was kind of weak though....Thought they'd have longer episodes with Amanda being voted off.

OC47150
04-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Have you been watching the Ponderosa's on CBS.com? I really enjoy them....the recent one from last night was kind of weak though....Thought they'd have longer episodes with Amanda being voted off.

I haven't, but I will based on your recommendation.

OC47150
05-06-2010, 07:59 PM
SPOILER...

And the Lord God said, do not question or defy Russell Hantz, or you will face his wrath!!!

GREAT EP!!!!! One of the best of the entire season.

Loved the look on Danielle and Candice's faces when the tide turned against them. And Danielle, there's no crying at tribal council!!!!

Candice really got what she deserved, turning against her team mates.

Glad to see Rupert and Colby live to fight another day.

DarthQuack
05-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Don't cross the boss!!! Man oh man....another SOLID episode....glad to see the two people leave....can't wait to see how they're both taken in at Ponderosa. lol Man Russell....you are a hell of a bastard.

OC47150
05-07-2010, 02:39 PM
The game's changed a lot since Jerri last played. But last night, there were a couple of times when you could see a little light bulb go off in her head and the wheels start turning.

No more shots of Danielle's fake boobs.

DarthQuack
05-07-2010, 03:49 PM
The game's changed a lot since Jerri last played. But last night, there were a couple of times when you could see a little light bulb go off in her head and the wheels start turning.

No more shots of Danielle's fake boobs.

They are hard to look at....stretch marks and everything....ew.

It should be really interesting to see how things go with Russell...he seems to be getting eviler....if that's possible.....

OC47150
05-13-2010, 08:03 PM
You're absolutely right, Rupert: You don't need to win to know you're a Survivor. You've played the game well and are a true winner.

Gosh, I just hope Parvati doesn't win again. :sad:

DarthQuack
05-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Seriously...I'm so sick of her!! Sandra needs to go next...Colby looked like he wanted to jump off a building after Rupert walked away.

OC47150
05-14-2010, 07:09 PM
My prediction: Colby and Jerri will be picked off, in that order in the first hour. And the jury will have to decide between the Devil, the Devil's handmaiden, and Sandra.

I really don't want to see Parvati win another million. I could live with Sandra winning again, but not Parvati.

DarthQuack
05-14-2010, 08:34 PM
I really don't want to see Sandra win.

pegger
05-16-2010, 08:56 PM
If Russell doesn't win - it's a travesty.

pegger
05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
BAH!

unbelievable.

OC47150
05-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Pegger, you beat me!!!!

Russell didn't get a single vote!!! Ha!

pegger
05-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Russell seems a little bitter,,, ;-)

dr_evazan22
05-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Seeing Courtney at the final tribal, man, she is awesome looking! And I think she's funny and cute as heck. It seems like everyone on the jury cleaned up pretty well. Except for Rupert. It only looks like his tie-dye was washed, lol. I don't mean to rag on the guy, its his choice.

And in the reunion, DAMN! Parvati looks great! As for Russell, I think he deserved to win LAST season, but Rupert was right about the choices he made.

Btw, I loved that Sandra burned his hat after he caused so much chaos in camp over 2 seasons.

OC47150
05-17-2010, 07:19 PM
During the jury quizzing, Russell's expression went from confident to despair. He knew then and there he wasn't going to win.

Russell plays the cut-throat, take no prisoners version of Survivor. If there were a version of that, he'd win hands down. He burned too many bridges. And he's still dilusional.

DarthQuack
05-18-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm still disappointed that Sandra won, and no one can really convince me that she played a better game than Russell or Parvati. Parvati played well in challenges and she didn't really burn too many/any bridges. Russell was a great player. It's not a game of tea and crumpits, it's SURVIVOR....OUTWIT, OUTPLAY, OUTLAST. He did that better than Sandra at LEAST. People on the jury need to get over themselves and grow up. It's such BS that he didn't win either season. :mad:

nohagent
05-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah, it is sad that Sandra won. She by no means deserved it and it was not like there was not any other choice. It is simple that the jury is corrupt and votes too emotionally and rewards the person who had the least to do with voting them off. The fact is they need to respect the game and give credit where credit is due. Its not that I love Russel or would even want to be his friend. He is an animal in this game yet he has the animal instincts that make him worthy of winning such a game. Be it real life he would be the winner, the dead, the ghosts, the jury have no say in real life as we are not ruled by the dead.

pegger
05-18-2010, 05:24 PM
I posted this elsewhere - it doesn't matter what you think of Russell - he pulled 2 of the most amazing moves in Survivor history - when he got JT to give him his immunity AND when he got Tyson to effectively vote himself off.

Personally - I think he is a rear end. but man - he can play the game.

When does Big Brother start?

OC47150
05-19-2010, 08:49 PM
I posted this elsewhere - it doesn't matter what you think of Russell - he pulled 2 of the most amazing moves in Survivor history - when he got JT to give him his immunity AND when he got Tyson to effectively vote himself off.

Personally - I think he is a rear end. but man - he can play the game.

When does Big Brother start?

I will give you that, Pegger. Russell played a good game.

One thing I found ironic during the reunion show was how many contestants said they didn't have fun. Colby also said something interesting, that the contestants weren't allowed to explore. I remember in past shows, particularly the last ep, the finalists would hike to some high hill/mountain and admire the view. That hasn't been the case in the last couple of seasons. Guess the productin crew is having a tighter reign on the contestants.

BB starts early July.