PDA

View Full Version : Just Found (U.K)

Jek Porky 2002
02-26-2002, 05:31 PM
I have recently made a suggestion for a just found (U.K) forum, just as a matter of interest how many of us Brits are there, I can only think of myself, Tarkin The Otter, and Jono Fett.
Would you like to see a Just Found (U.K) Forum?

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Come on somebody give me some kind of response, Yes, No, I like it, I hate it, don't be so silly Jek!

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 04:01 PM
We love it Jek, no we love you Jek, we want to make you our new God!

Jek Porky 2002
03-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Yes, Jek, O.K you can have your forum (makes the crazy sign) quick get the straight jacket!

Tarkin the otter
03-02-2002, 08:11 AM
Don't panic Jek, Tarkins here! Sorry for the lack of response, my car was stolen & I've been kinda busy. Still, it's back know (minus the stereo & all my tapes bar one - why do car theives always leave one tape? Is it some car crime inside joke? It was Now 37 if anyones interested).
Anyway back to the subject in hand. I think it's a great idea Jek, like you say us Brits should stick togther. How many of us are there on these boards anyway? Come on people, make youself known! Together we can keep the British end up, so to speak.

Jek Porky 2002
03-02-2002, 08:51 AM
Now 37? That's from about 1996 isn't it? There b@st@rds aren't they, I had my stereo taken about a year back, but I had to by a whole new door just because they busted the central locking, Anyway

These are the Brits I know of:
Emperor Jargo (He's back!)
Tarkin The Otter
Jono Fett
Jek Porky
Gibbus... something, I can never remember his name
there are loads more, I just can't think of any at the moment.

Jargo
03-02-2002, 12:56 PM
britcit3
jeddah
benquad
PENDO
gibbspaulus
darth evil (Ireland)
saesee tiin

I know there's more but that's all i can think of off the top of my head. There's someone from Scotland and I can't remember his username.... :(

I don't think it's worth having a representative unless the british users unite in a co-operative front to help each other out. And I can only see that happening if we all formed a collectors club. I can't see that happening as everyone is spread out all over and the British aren't exactly the most co-operative people on the face of the planet. As long as we keep posting finds here and let other Brits know who's got what and for how much i think we have our bases covered. :)

odb
03-02-2002, 06:28 PM
I'd like to see a forum for UK collectors, but I don't think it would work. People seem to get there stuff from all over the place not just from shops in the high street, plus we're spread out all over the place. I think if we just post our finds in here and when it becomes a common then we can push for our own forum.

Jek Porky 2002
03-03-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by odb
plus we're spread out all over the place.

I think the Americans are slightly more spread out than we are!

Tarkin the otter
03-03-2002, 04:30 PM
Very true Jek. In fact, I bet most of the Brits here live within 40 miles of each other. I know you & I are only about 13 miles apart.
We've probably even been In Another world at the same time & been completely unaware. (That reads strange- Another World is a shop, not a state of mind).

Jargo
03-04-2002, 02:20 PM
That made me giggle..... :D true. We do only live in a small country about half the size of the smallest state in America. But we don't have large retail outlets like the states do with their massive malls. And the malls we do have are mega expensive and inaccessible. So we're forced to live our lives disperately and seperately. however, for those that live close by like you two and me and Pendo, it's a great place to come and share the finds. As long as people do share the finds and don't start in on the dark road of selfishness and avarice and greed and hiding stuff..... :sur: :D

No need for a seperate section just a decent thread of what's been found where and maybe a mini directory of quality stores and online stores we use. Although maybe the online stores would be better left out so the Americans don't nip and bag the stuff before we get a chance :evil:

britcit3
03-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Eh up fellow Brits

According to THE PRIVATE UNIVERSE, Forbidden Planet in Bristol have the 1st 4 Ep2 Sneak Prev figs for between 7.99 and 8.99 in stock now (already ordered mine from Toy Palace in Germany).

Cheers

Bc3

gibbspaulus
03-06-2002, 03:41 PM
Gibbus... something or other!?!?!?

I'm in sunny London where there seems to be a lack of toy/collector's shops, apart from FP.

The only UK collectors club I know of is the Norwich area POTF club.

Toy fans of the Uk unite!

Jargo
03-06-2002, 03:47 PM
But - but you're a Southerner....... :eek: :dead:

Jek Porky 2002
03-06-2002, 03:55 PM
Yes, and you are a Northener and I am a Midlander, what's your point?

Jargo
03-06-2002, 04:14 PM
You're a Northerner Jek. You live North of the Watford gap so you're a Northerner. Northerners rock. Southerners are shandy drinkin' wusses :p

Actually. it was meant to be taken in jest. Usually the Southerners are the ones bragging about how much better it is to live down South with all the golden opportunities and all the best facilities and stores. it was odd to hear a Southern dweller saying how they don't have many stores with collectibles. That was all...... :stupid:

oh, just shoot me already! :rolleyes:

Jek Porky 2002
03-06-2002, 04:25 PM
Yes I know, I was just joshing you.

Jek Porky 2002
03-06-2002, 05:55 PM
Don't go too much into life beyond Watford as if a Southerner knows about the North.

Jargo
03-06-2002, 06:24 PM
hey, just picked up something interesting at the private universe site. They've set up a direct e-mail link to ask Hasbro UK anything you might need answering. Not that hasbro UK knows it's arse from it's elbow but they probably gave TPU the information about the shuttle coming out in august.

I have a few questions I want answering so i'm going to making full use of the facility. Seems like a gift from the gods to me. :)

Check it out here TPU (http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html)

Jek Porky 2002
03-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Thanks Jargo!

britcit3
03-08-2002, 11:11 AM
Is anybody going to Memorabilia at the NEC tomorrow?

Me & the nipper are.

BC3

Jargo
03-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Nope. I don't go to anything like that. You going for the preview figgies? Or just to see what's going down? I suppose if you're into meeting up with other collectors it's a good place to meet. I have to say that I prefer not to meet other collectors. I like you all as virtual people but would probably not get on in the real world. :crazed: well - maybe..... :D

Straying slightly there...

So no I'm not going but if you see anything worth talking about let us know eh? ;) If you spot anything resembling a Dexter Jettster picture I want to see it. I'm dying to see that guy...

Jek Porky 2002
03-09-2002, 12:20 PM
I know what you meen Jargo, I also wouldn't like to meet any other collectors in person. I hope I don't offend anyone here, but I don't want to be seen as a Star Wars nerd, I really only talk about my Star Wars collecting on the web with you lot and the people who supply me with the figures, but in the real world I don't really ever talk about it, mainly because my friends aren't interested and I'm not going to force it on them, I do have one friend however who loves Star Wars but he doesn't collect anymore and dosen't always want to talk about it.

britcit3
03-10-2002, 01:51 PM
Memorabilia was EXCELLENT.

Even got Dave Prowse to sign my Emporer's Wrath Vader.....

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=47823#post47823

Cheers

BC3

mightywhelk
03-12-2002, 08:12 AM
I had a great time at Memorabilia too, though driving there was a nightmare, I nearly got blown off the road twice!

I managed to complete my SOTE collection as well as picking up a few other goodies.

Gibbspaulus mentioned a Norwich collectors club - does anyone have any info on it? I'm in Norwich and I've never heard of it.

Also, I noticed yesterday that Big W (woolworths) has started making shelf space for EP2 Lego, so it must be hitting the shelves soon.

gibbspaulus
03-12-2002, 08:53 AM
If you do a serch for POTF and Norwich then you should fins their web page, The next meeting is on Friday night. I was going but can't make it now.

mightywhelk
03-12-2002, 09:00 AM
Cheers, I'll give them a look

britcit3
03-12-2002, 10:16 AM
Memorabilia:

Updated with pics......

http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/memor.htm

Cheers

BC3

Darth Nanny
03-14-2002, 03:53 PM
Keep the British Bulldog flying ;) Anyway, Silver Aniversary Toy fare Vader just found at Memoribilia for 300 :crazed: So I just had to buy it .... not!
And the Yanks think they get scalped. Come on Hasbro, either give us Brits a chance of getting such exclusives at retail prices, or include free plane tickets with all AOTC figures :mad:

BOBA_FETT_19228
03-16-2002, 11:17 AM
Just saw the Teebo wave at my local Forbidden Planet for 8.99 each, they had the peel off Hasbro UK sticker on the back of each. These baby's were flying off the shelve's but I passed on them though, a friend has them coming next week slightly cheaper. (I HOPE).

Jargo
03-16-2002, 11:59 AM
My partner just picked up the Teebo wave from Above and Beyond for me at 6 each plus an R3-T7 for 7.99. The R3 wasn't what i asked for but a nice surprise anyway :) I think i have my partner well trained now.... :D

gibbspaulus
03-17-2002, 06:40 AM
Well done - I had to throw a tantrum, kicking and screaming on the floor at Lakeside yesterday to spen a tenner on a Falumpaset from The Entertainer.

Oh, I asked when they were getting the preview figures instores as they came out that day and got blank looks.

Star Wars?

Jargo
03-17-2002, 06:56 AM
The Entertainers getting a delivery on monday of the preview figures. Or at least thetoyshop.com part of it is. Not sure if they'll be getting the Teebo wave in at the same time as there's a lot of places seem to be taking delivery this coming week and some took delivery last week. keep your eyes peeled, they are out there... :stupid:

Darth Evil
03-18-2002, 07:05 AM
I'm tempted to buy Jango at thetoyshop.com because I'm unlikely to find him around here.....

Jargo
03-19-2002, 01:13 PM
thetoyshop.com just sent me their auto mail to say that the preview figures are in stock. No jango or Clonetrooper mentioned though. I suspect that Zam will sell out fairly quickly too but R3 may be the pegwarmer so to speak.
Anyway, just thought i'd let you know. :)

Darth Evil
03-19-2002, 02:13 PM
Jango is there, so's the Clonetrooper. I'd better order soon, the scalpers are probably on the move! Remember, they walk single file to hide their numbers!