PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Was Actually A Good Year For Me - Looking Back...

Tycho
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I will miss some of 2009.

The whole year I made tremendous progress:

In February I had my kidney transplant, thanks to BobaFrett right here on this website. My meeting him here in 1999 made that possible. And I've been here on this site since 1995! As a regular contributor since 1996, too!

In April, I met Queensryche - my lifelong favorite rock band, and my story inspired them to accept me as a friend and now I can see them personally at concerts and have even met some of their families. Inspired by my relationships with my favorite rock stars, I've taken up the electric guitar and have added music in an entirely new way into my life.

In May, I had my 2nd surgery and lost 32 pounds and my belly when I had my bad kidneys removed in a more intrusive and extensive surgery than even my transplant was. I was restored to much better health than I had been in since 2005, before my aneurysm.

In July, I was reunited with the Hasbro Star Wars Team and many of you here on SirStevesGuide at the San Diego Comic Con. I had a great time! I also started practicing my guitar with my partner in music and friend in life, Ashley. We're sort of starting up a band.

In August, I'd returned to playing ball - softball at first - for my first time in four years. My skills have rebounded and I'm ready for local adult-league fastball team play. I have second base covered! And my relationships with the San Diego Padres started to bloom, leading up to greater things in a later month to follow.

In September, I got to really rock out: Nickelback, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Papa Roach, Hinder, Saving Abel. My newest baby cousin Naomi was born, also.

In October, I saw The Lion King in live Broadway theater and had one of my best Halloweens ever. I also saw Star Wars in Concert and met real Ewoks!

In November, I went on a tall-ship battle cruise like in Pirates of the Caribbean. I also got to actually bat in PETCO Park with the San Diego Padres! Some of my long-since-moved Star Wars collecting buddies returned for a hometown wedding reception party for one of them, and it was just like the old days with all of us getting back together again!

In December, I went shooting for my birthday and blasted round after round all day. I just enjoyed a great New Year's Eve party, and I met another really great girl a couple weeks back at a Christmas party.

I don't think there are really bad memories from 2009. It was a year of hope and progress.

Today is the first day of 2010. My new hope is that it will be even better!!! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm a bit afraid of this new year, because I'm big on anniversaries and streaks. 2010 would be the 5th anniversary of the worst year of my life. '09 wasn't really bad for me at all, to be honest. Some bad moments, but nothing too traumatic. Here's to oh-ten (:p) being the same or better than oh-nine.

TeeEye7
01-02-2010, 12:22 AM
2010 would be the 5th anniversary of the worst year of my life.

Celebrate the fact that it's the 5th anniversary of putting it behind you! Positive thinking, sir! That will win the day! I can list several carpy events in my life as well (loss of a child; cancer), but I choose the viewpoint that I've succeeded/overcome those things!

A favorite saying I've embraced: "Life's not fair. Get a helmet and get over it!"