PDA

View Full Version : Live Action Yamato Movie

Maerj2000
01-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Don't know if any of you guys grew up with Star Blazers (aka Space Battleship Yamato) like I did but I just saw a teser trailer for a live action version coming out in December in Japan. It looks really good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPoNTjwPb5w

Check it out!

wawe1
01-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Brings back warm fuzzy memories of my childhood. Can't wait to see this. Better start brushing up on my Japanese.

Old Fossil
01-02-2010, 09:01 PM
I thought this was about a new movie concerning the giant Japanese battleship Yamato from WWII.:cross-eye

Maerj2000
01-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I thought this was about a new movie concerning the giant Japanese battleship Yamato from WWII.:cross-eye

Well, technically it is. Its just modified for space travel.

preacher
01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Did anybody ever see Cashern? I think the people that did the special effects for that short of the Yamato might have been the same for Cashern. If true we will be in for a real treat.

Looking forward to the release of Yamato. Hope it gets the subtitles in english fast-like.

Now if they would just make Mazinger Z. Heck I would even be satisfied if they released the uncut anime (legally) stateside.

mabudonicus
01-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Space Cruiser Yamato should make for a fine film, thanks for linking since I have heard nothing about it.
Mazinga Z would make a great film (tho I'd truly prefer UFO Robot Grandizer for the Orion Quest factor) but if it was done exactly right it would fail as hard as Speed Racer did (despite that being an awesome movie)

My most-wanted property to see in proper live-action would be Gundam tho (and yes I know about G-Saviour and still don't know how Bandai let that turd drop). A proper Gundam movie series starting with 0079 could be all kind of awesome, and the technology to do it real justice has been around for a long time. With all of the complexities in the plot and insane number of characters, it might be better suited to a TV series (especially once Zeta got rolling, compressing that series to anything under 5 hours would really mess with it).

Maybe the release of the Gundam UC/Unicorn OAV will respark fan interest in the UC continuity and pave the way for a proper Gundam film, as currently Seed is all the rage and I am sick and tired of a billion multi-coloured Gundam-type suits fighting, as has been the trend ever since Mobile Fighter G (which itself was actually a really fun series even tho it was not UC)
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
Oyes there's some fine properties in need of adaptation