087-06-1402 DLX Fig and vehicle $16.99
087-06-1478 Elec Lightsaber $19.99
087-06-1491 Basic Lightsaber $9.99
087-06-1497 HAILFIRE RC vehicle $59.99
087-06-1503 SUPER DLX VEHICLE $99.99 **
087-06-1527 MEGABATTLER 10in FIG $19.99
087-06-1605 MANDALORIAN HELMET $34.99
087-06-1622 GREIVOUS LIGHTSABER $34.99
The three figure lines - seen here as Saga Legends, CW, and Vintage - are all new DCPI numbers, meaning the current stock will be cleared out before the new stock gets in (which occurred in many of the other package changeovers but not this past year, which resulted in us still seeing white-and-blue figures alongside the white-and-red ones). So, thankfully, we'll get a clean slate with no Saesee Tiins, Plo Koons, or Malakilis.

Anyway, the most interesting items are the $7.99 "3.75 VINTAGE" and "$99.99 SUPER DLX VEHICLE." Does this mean we'll be seeing vintage-style packaging on all new figures next year? If so, I think this could really help boost the line, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. But I think it would make sense to do this, as it would probably reinvigorate many lost collectors. But, again, who knows. It could just be a generic name for the line that's going to replace Legacy.

As for the "Super Deluxe Vehicle", I suppose that means we'll either get another brand-new big ship or a rerelease of the Turbo Tank and/or AT-TE. Hopefully it's a new thing. Could it be an AT-AT? Who knows.

The list also lends credibility to a picture that leaked recently of a big Captain Rex figure (http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=11691.msg251380#msg251380) in the style of those goofy ROTS Force Battlers; I suppose that would be the "Megabattler 10 in figure".

In somewhat crappy news, I guess, the figure prices seemed to have jumped 50 cents (depending on your store, this might be lower) and the deluxe line is jumping a dollar. Well, I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

DarkArtist
01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
From Bantha Skull (http://banthaskull.com/index.php/page/sub/new_dpci):

The three figure lines - seen here as Saga Legends, CW, and Vintage - are all new DCPI numbers, meaning the current stock will be cleared out before the new stock gets in (which occurred in many of the other package changeovers but not this past year, which resulted in us still seeing white-and-blue figures alongside the white-and-red ones). So, thankfully, we'll get a clean slate with no Saesee Tiins, Plo Koons, or Malakilis.

Anyway, the most interesting items are the $7.99 "3.75 VINTAGE" and "$99.99 SUPER DLX VEHICLE." Does this mean we'll be seeing vintage-style packaging on all new figures next year? If so, I think this could really help boost the line, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. But I think it would make sense to do this, as it would probably reinvigorate many lost collectors. But, again, who knows. It could just be a generic name for the line that's going to replace Legacy.

As for the "Super Deluxe Vehicle", I suppose that means we'll either get another brand-new big ship or a rerelease of the Turbo Tank and/or AT-TE. Hopefully it's a new thing. Could it be an AT-AT? Who knows.

The list also lends credibility to a picture that leaked recently of a big Captain Rex figure (http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=11691.msg251380#msg251380) in the style of those goofy ROTS Force Battlers; I suppose that would be the "Megabattler 10 in figure".

In somewhat crappy news, I guess, the figure prices seemed to have jumped 50 cents (depending on your store, this might be lower) and the deluxe line is jumping a dollar. Well, I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

i still leary on the Vintage line at the $7.99 price range. while I'm not complaining, if this is true and they decided to make all the figures the same price then I wonder if the line will suffer ? in the past we were given SA versions of characters for the Vintage lines (exception being Threepio) for $9.99. Now that the articulation on the basic line has been pumped up it makes me wonder if the Vintage line will suffer. I just hope that it's not an exclusive line of figures and it's more then only 5 or 6. would love to see a run again like in the first wave using all 3 movies and perhaps incorporate the prequels as well, and maybe some of the HTF figures from the old '85 POTF days.

bigbarada
01-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I would love to see the vintage line return, but not necessarily using the replica packaging. Hasbro could incorporate J-hooks, which would allow them to ditch the clamshells and if higher quality reference photos of certain characters exist, then use those instead of trying to replicate the vintage cards so perfectly that it hurts the final product.

But I'm all for the basics of vintage packaging design: coffin blisters, giant reference images, and a simple, rectangular card.

This would allow us to get Prequel figures and OT characters, who weren't part of Kenner's original 96, to be sold on vintage-style cards and that would be absolutely awesome!:thumbsup:

Rik Duel
01-04-2010, 11:56 PM
"Vintage-ish" packaging would be pretty cool. (It also made me wonder if the new battle pack tatooine Luke will end up on a single card, the way the comic pack stormtrooper Luke/Han did.)

TheDarthVader
01-05-2010, 12:30 AM
I hope with these vintage figures that we do not see repack after repack just on a vintage card. That would suck.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2010, 04:00 AM
i still leary on the Vintage line at the $7.99 price range. while I'm not complaining, if this is true and they decided to make all the figures the same price then I wonder if the line will suffer ? in the past we were given SA versions of characters for the Vintage lines (exception being Threepio) for $9.99. Now that the articulation on the basic line has been pumped up it makes me wonder if the Vintage line will suffer. I just hope that it's not an exclusive line of figures and it's more then only 5 or 6. would love to see a run again like in the first wave using all 3 movies and perhaps incorporate the prequels as well, and maybe some of the HTF figures from the old '85 POTF days.
The modern-vintage line started in 2004, and current basic figures tend to have better sculpting and articulation than anything from the line (at least the early stuff). You can't tell me that Giran is worse than VOTC Luke Skywalker. And now most of the figures have been re-released or retooled and put into the basic line anyway. I don't think the line would "suffer" if released this way.

I hope with these vintage figures that we do not see repack after repack just on a vintage card. That would suck.
Well, we're going to have waves from AOTC, ROTS, ESB, and ROTJ later this year, and then TPM and ANH in the spring. Hasbro has already said that the main line will incorporate all-new releases alongside repacks and retools, so you might be seeing more older stuff than you'd like (I imagine it'll be much like the 2006 TSC line). But, for many people, a vintage-style card would be enough for them to buy a figure they already have (which is part of why I said it could reinvigorate some collectors).

Then again, we already saw that there's going to be a Rex-centric line look for all SW brands later this year. I guess we'll have to wait until Toy Fair for more.

morpheus282
01-05-2010, 10:24 AM

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please be an AT-AT!

clone157
01-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Last time the AT-AT was released, it was at the $99.99. A new one should be better, so one would assume it is not the AT-AT. Slave 1, anybody? Or maybe a Rebel Troop transport?

bigbarada
01-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Last time the AT-AT was released, it was at the $99.99. A new one should be better, so one would assume it is not the AT-AT. Slave 1, anybody? Or maybe a Rebel Troop transport?

The 1997 AT-AT was actually $79.99 and the 2006 Endor AT-AT was $89.99.

I don't even see how the Slave 1 would qualify as a super deluxe vehicle. I guess they could make it correctly scaled, but what's the point of that? Only those hardcore Boba Fett nuts are really going to care. And it's definitely not a toy that is going to excite kids.

A $100 Rebel Troop Transport would be the death of the super deluxe vehicle line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2010, 09:59 PM
The "super deluxe vehicle" could be something from The Clone Wars (or, rather, a CW vehicle might be released this way). I didn't realize it until now, but the $65 deluxe vehicle pricepoint isn't on there . . . I think that's pretty telling. Thanks, ARC-170! The comic packs aren't on there, either, so I guess this is going to be a reset starting after those final few turds have been pushed out. :p

El Chuxter
01-05-2010, 10:39 PM
I will cross my fingers for a Sail Barge, which is one of the few vehicles I'd seriously consider at $100.

autumnsdescent
01-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Based on the Q & A answers over the past 2 years, I believe Hasbro has said they would not make a troop transport or the sail barge.

At first I thought this might be a new shuttle - a mod of the tooling for the Imperial shuttle to fit Palpatine's shuttle or something from the CW series. But I can see Hasbro saying that a new shuttle just isn't aggressive enough of an action vehicle to make the cut this time around.

Have all the larger action vehicles from the prequels / CW series been produced now? If not, what's left?

If I had to bet, I'd guess it would be an AT-AT using most of the original tooling with some slight upgrades. It would have to be featured in an upcoming CW episode this season though, and I don't know how realistic that is. The BMF from 2 years ago sold because it was so iconic that kids and collectors would both go after it. The AT-TE and Turbo Tank have sold because of their prominence in the movies and CW cartoon. Without major screen time in the CW cartoon to keep the vehicle fresh in kids' heads, I'm not sure how well a new AT-AT will sell.

I have my original from 1980 and it's still holding up fine. I honestly don't think I'd be interested in dropping $100 for an additional one...

bigbarada
01-05-2010, 11:36 PM
The vintage AT-AT mold looks like garbage. If Hasbro doesn't make a new one from scratch, then my collection will just do without an AT-AT. That's how much I dislike the vintage toy.

I can pretty much guarantee that we won't see an AT-AT in the CW cartoon, but that doesn't mean it won't get made as a toy. It's nearly as iconic as the Millenium Falcon, so recognizability won't be a problem.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2010, 02:25 AM
I will cross my fingers for a Sail Barge, which is one of the few vehicles I'd seriously consider at $100.
They said it would need more entertainment support. It appeared briefly in The Clone Wars movie. It's confirmed that the Hutts are showing up again in the series at some point. Let's all hope those episodes involve tons of Sail Barge-related action . . .

TheDarthVader
01-06-2010, 03:52 AM
I would buy a sail barge for sure.

morpheus282
01-06-2010, 08:58 AM
The 1997 AT-AT was actually $79.99 and the 2006 Endor AT-AT was $89.99.

I don't even see how the Slave 1 would qualify as a super deluxe vehicle. I guess they could make it correctly scaled, but what's the point of that? Only those hardcore Boba Fett nuts are really going to care. And it's definitely not a toy that is going to excite kids.

A $100 Rebel Troop Transport would be the death of the super deluxe vehicle line.

Wasn't the Endor AT-AT a TRU exclusive? If I'm right on that, then the $90 price point has to take their markup into consideration, making it a $65 - $70 toy if it had seen non-exclusive distribution.

I don't see Slave 1 as being a $100 toy either. They could beef up the scale and make it a $65 ship, but the $100 range would kill it as quickly as a troop transport.

DarkJedi5
01-06-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm no Fett fanatic, but I'd easily buy a $100 Slave I if done correctly. Sure, it would seem a little high to me but the only one I've got is the one from 1996 and that one looks like trash. Though, I'm pretty sure in a recent Q&A they said they didn't have one in the works right now any. But, with the way they like to play with the language to misdirect in the Q&As (the way the did with the Cloud Car) it's possible I've misinterpreted. The AT-AT would be another great vehicle, though why it's release wasn't timed with the ESB wave that included the driver and Luke with grappling gun is puzzling. If it is coming it's probably being timed to release with the new snowspeeder.... I doubt we'll see pics until Toy Fair, only about a month away.

morpheus282
01-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I recently pulled my '96 Slave 1 out of storage, and you're right - it does look rather like crap. I think we are due for a resculpt, but I just don't see $100 for one being a viable option for Hasbro. I could be wrong though and I'll gladly admit it if I am.

Bring on the AT-AT!

Dark Marble
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
The "super deluxe vehicle" could be something from The Clone Wars (or, rather, a CW vehicle might be released this way). I didn't realize it until now, but the $65 deluxe vehicle pricepoint isn't on there . . . I think that's pretty telling. Thanks, ARC-170! The comic packs aren't on there, either, so I guess this is going to be a reset starting after those final few turds have been pushed out. :p

It is really too bad that the $60-$70 vehicles didn't make it. That had some great potential for some good size fighters and such. This line is kind of where I expected to see the Twilight. Oh well.

I am wondering what the $100 vehicle will be as well. I would hope that it will not be a re-release of the AT-TE or Turbo Tank and would gladly take a new AT-AT. The idea of a $100 Slave I seems over the top but I would buy it. Although Hasbro has said no way I would also take a Twilight in this scale. Besides the Y-Wing it is the only cartoon Clone Wars ship I would pick up.

morpheus282
01-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I'd go for a Twilight as well. If Hasbro really isn't going to produce it, it doesn't make much sense to me. With the visibility of the ship in the movie and several episodes it seems like it should be a sure thing.

El Chuxter
01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Slave I? Feh. It's been released in two distinct molds in the modern era. Re-release the (slightly less sucktacular) AOTC version with Boba's colors, but, for God's sake, don't waste time and resources resculpting this freaking tennis shoe monstrosity again!

DarkArtist
01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
The modern-vintage line started in 2004, and current basic figures tend to have better sculpting and articulation than anything from the line (at least the early stuff). You can't tell me that Giran is worse than VOTC Luke Skywalker. And now most of the figures have been re-released or retooled and put into the basic line anyway. I don't think the line would "suffer" if released this way.

Well, we're going to have waves from AOTC, ROTS, ESB, and ROTJ later this year, and then TPM and ANH in the spring. Hasbro has already said that the main line will incorporate all-new releases alongside repacks and retools, so you might be seeing more older stuff than you'd like (I imagine it'll be much like the 2006 TSC line). But, for many people, a vintage-style card would be enough for them to buy a figure they already have (which is part of why I said it could reinvigorate some collectors).

Then again, we already saw that there's going to be a Rex-centric line look for all SW brands later this year. I guess we'll have to wait until Toy Fair for more.

i have no arguments that the figures from 2004 and figures have today have undergone many improvements...my argument is that of the price. back in 2004 we were paying more money for a more articulation figure that was more accurate. now hasbro has been releasing better SA merchandise and for them to return to the VOTC now would be a tricky situation...unless they pulled out all the stops and gave us Super SA figures.

i can't imagine Hasbro charging $100 for the Slave 1 and I think hasbro would not make a Troop Transport and it's more of a carrying case then a play vehicle (not that I wouldn't buy one or two) and the Sail Barge is something they have said that they would not do.

my guess is for the Twilight from Clone Wars or an AT-AT

morpheus282
01-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Slave I? Feh. It's been released in two distinct molds in the modern era. Re-release the (slightly less sucktacular) AOTC version with Boba's colors, but, for God's sake, don't waste time and resources resculpting this freaking tennis shoe monstrosity again!

Tennis shoe? Don't see it. It always reminded me of an elephant head, and I think Lucasfilm said it was based off a street lamp.

I don't think they need to re-release the AOTC version so much as use one mold or the other as a basis for a minor retool. Neither one is that great, but they could use the shell of either for a better version.

DarkArtist
01-06-2010, 02:12 PM
i for one would love to see a new sculpted Slave 1 for both ESB and AOTC. I think the original Vintage version was good at the time and the new AOTC body was a nice update but they have yet to really give us a decent Slave 1.

i would love to see perhaps a wider body, more compartments, a new sculpted Solo in Carbonite, better detailed cockpit with seating for 3 figures, and maybe a removable top portion that reveals a minor playset style area inside.

the sculpt if made correctly can then be re-painted with AOTC colors for a new version (minus the Han in carbonite)

maybe throw in a new updated Boba Fett and perhaps a Stormtrooper or Bespin Guard for the ESB version and a new Jango Fett and young Boba Fett for the AOTC issue.

DarkJedi5
01-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Just saw this report at Jedi Temple Archives: http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5673/#details

Dare I dream that the $100 spot is for a new AT-AT after all?!

mtriv73
01-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Sign me up for 2 if it is real.

Darkross
01-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Me TWO! I knew it!

morpheus282
01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I'll take 3.

Comes with speederbike and figure

Based on how the speederbike works with the turbo tank, I'm guessing that the AT-AT (if it's real) would have a trap door in the back that opens for the bike to deploy. If that's the case, there's all sorts of poses that wouldn't be too flattering to the AT-AT. :D

El Chuxter
01-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Damn. I'm really not interested in three-figure revisits of vehicles, no matter how adequate. I've not bought a single one of these $100+ vehicles from the past few years, and it looks like I won't be anytime soon. :(

Really want a Sail Barge, though. I wonder if Hasbro realizes there actually are collectors who don't like dropping craploads of money to replace existing vehicles, but would buy new stuff.

morpheus282
01-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I too would buy a sail barge, but a new and better AT-AT is at the top of my list for Star Wars toys that I have to have. Now I need to find the AT-AT driver and snowspeeder Luke figures, just in case.

Maradona
01-07-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm skeptical about many aspects of this. First, let's look at trends. Hasbro has recently raised the prices on previously released vehicles, such as the ARC-170 and the Gunship. If anything, I'm more likely to believe that the "super-deluxe" is just a previously released vehicle that will now be more expensive (yet another Gunship variant, perhaps) or a new vehicle that would previously have been at a lower price point (Twilight).

When I look at the slide, though I would love to see, buy, and display a new, better AT-AT, I think why would a slide designed to market an AT-AT have CW characters as the background template image? Further, at only 5 weeks away from Toy Fair, shouldn't there be an image that is of the actual product instead of the film? If the slide turns out to be false, I would not be too surprised.

If an AT-AT is to be redone, and it cannot be redone to a very much larger scale, $100 seems inadequate for the price, given what Hasbro is charging us for these days. If they'll slap a near $70 price tag for vehicles that were $30 not too long ago, at this cost/quality ratio, is a $100-quality AT-AT what we want? While I own and enjoy both the AT-TE and Turbo Tank, for an AT-TE with longer legs or a Turbo Tank with legs, why should Hasbro bother?

Now if the idea is to go BMF on the AT-AT, I'm all in.

bigbarada
01-07-2010, 05:11 PM
I too would buy a sail barge, but a new and better AT-AT is at the top of my list for Star Wars toys that I have to have. Now I need to find the AT-AT driver and snowspeeder Luke figures, just in case.

I would also like to see a Sail Barge toy, but it's not the #1 spot on my "most wanted vehicles" list. In fact, it might not even be in the top 5. I would prefer to see a correctly scaled Tatooine Skiff before a Sail Barge.

However, a new AT-AT is definitely at the top of my list. No other vehicle even comes close as far as I'm concerned.

bigbarada
01-07-2010, 05:18 PM
If anything, I'm more likely to believe that the "super-deluxe" is just a previously released vehicle that will now be more expensive (yet another Gunship variant, perhaps) or a new vehicle that would previously have been at a lower price point (Twilight).

That would absolutely kill the line, there is no two ways about it. Hasbro is smarter than that.

Keep in mind that these toys require a lead time of at least a year, so planning for the 2009 line would have been completed in late-2007 or maybe even early-2008, long before the economic crash in fall of 2008. So the price increases of 2009 combined with the recession was just unfortunate timing for Hasbro, not a result of bad planning.