PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's Robes

Jek Porky 2002
02-26-2002, 06:12 PM
I dunno if this has been asked before, but why are Anakins robes really dark brown and black in Episode II?

Co Jo-Da
02-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Anakin's robes have already started the cross-over to the Vader look, it's a nice move by GL if you ask me...

derek
02-26-2002, 10:48 PM
and actually, anakin's E2 robe is sleeveless, like the one vader wore in the OT, just without the hood. as Co Jo-Da said, good foreshadowing. and his saber is just like vader's OT saber, just with a silver emitter.

Jedi Clint
02-26-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by derek
and actually, anakin's E2 robe is sleeveless, like the one vader wore in the OT, just without the hood. as Co Jo-Da said, good foreshadowing. and his saber is just like vader's OT saber, just with a silver emitter.

I did not know that the cloak was sleeveless. Does anyone have a picture of this? Or did that info come from a spy report?

Jedi Clint
02-26-2002, 11:09 PM
I found one. I don't really see how that is like Vader's in the OT though....unless you are referring to the robes he wears underneath the cape. Vader's cape is a lot like Dooku's. Great catch Derek!!

derek
02-27-2002, 08:17 AM
jedi clint,

yea, i was referring to the sleeve-less robe vader wears under his cape. (over the armor in ANH and under the armor in ESB and ROTJ.:)

Co Jo-Da
02-27-2002, 07:22 PM
I know I'm getting ahead of my-self but Episode III should have a great transition from Anakin's clothes into Vader's clothes before his horrible injuries...