PDA

View Full Version : Duros or Duros

Jek Porky 2002
02-26-2002, 06:24 PM
What species is Ellors Madack, is it pronounced, Jaw-roe, or Jaw-ros? I hope you know what I mean.

Lord Tenebrous
02-26-2002, 06:50 PM
Based on the pronunciation of Ellors and Baniss, I say it:

Dur, like mur-DER.

os, like cl-OSE.

Amanamike
02-26-2002, 10:33 PM
hey is there any word on Banis Keeg(not sure spelling) getting made to go wiht our Ellors Madak. Hey did anyone notice the names are switched in the Star wars encyclopedia?? It has a pic of Ellors but says Banis Keeg

Lord Tenebrous
02-26-2002, 11:09 PM
I didn't know that about the encyclopedia, but I do remember CollectStarWars attributing Ellor's high sales to collectors buying extras to customize a Baniss Keeg.

But they forget that the same figure can be used (un-modified) for Leslomy Tacema in Jabba's palace, and with some paint, you can have Probos and Bringe from Anchorhead [for all of you who want to keep Zutton where he belongs].

So I doubt we'll see a Baniss soon, especially considering the similarities in the masks [photo compliments of Red 6's Comprehensive Star Wars Encyclopedia].

JediTricks
02-27-2002, 01:49 AM
Wow! Porkins was a mask! That explains his shoddy flying! ;)

I think it's pronounced "doo-rose", not "duro".

I also think this figure sells well because it's a good figure - good sculpting, good paint, good pose, and good weapon.

Battle Droid
02-27-2002, 02:04 AM
Strange how they look so much like Nute & Runes species.

Beast
02-27-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Strange how they look so much like Nute & Runes species.
According to, I believe it was either the Insider or the official site. The Duros are a distantly related species to the Neimodians. I am trying to find the actual information on the official site, but I hate their interface. :( Found it, here is what the official Site has to say:

Though they call Neimoidia home, Neimoidians can trace their ancestry to the ancient Duros spacefaring culture. The two share a striking similarity in appearance, but their personalities could not be more distant. While the Duros are a gregarious, expressive and adventurous lot, the Neimiodians seal themselves away from others, preferring to let droids do their talking.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks