PDA

View Full Version : Proposed ad "slick" for new AT-AT

borisfan84
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Over at rebelscum.com, the has been a post that shows an ad "slick" with description for the proposed (rumored) Super Deluxe AT-AT. If this is true, this will be huge. We will find out in February.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Jedi Temple Archives (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5673/#details) has the original story and, holy crap, this could be amazing. Given Target's $99.99 "super deluxe vehicle" leak and now this, I think it's safe to say we are getting a new AT-AT. I can't wait to see actual pictures!!!

pbarnard
01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Eh, been done to death, but if they raised the prices on previous vehicles, why wouldn't they raise (or at least return) the AT-AT to it's price of ~$100 with no major resculpting, just some interior tweaks? Plus, I'm always suspect of sites that post rumors as news first.

El Chuxter
01-07-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm still disappointed if this is the big vehicle, but, truth is, the only features on that slide that aren't in the current mold could be incorporated with minor tooling changes. I'm of the mind that, if the $99.99 vehicle is the AT-AT, it won't be much different from the previous two.

Snowtrooper
01-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm still disappointed if this is the big vehicle, but, truth is, the only features on that slide that aren't in the current mold could be incorporated with minor tooling changes. I'm of the mind that, if the $99.99 vehicle is the AT-AT, it won't be much different from the previous two.

I was thinking the same thing. For $100, it doesn't seem like it will be any bigger than previous releases. I was hoping that it would be listed as $150 cause we'd know for sure that we'd be getting a behemoth. I guess we'll see.

bigbarada
01-07-2010, 04:58 PM
This is starting to feel familiar, I'm getting definite flashbacks to 2008 when news of the BMF was just starting to leak out. I seem to remember the early reports of that were met with the same skepticism and cautious optimism.

Hasbro wouldn't have to add much more than 5-6 inches to the height of the AT-AT to make it significantly improved. The thing is mostly legs.

Hopefully it's an all new toy because I'm not sure if there is anything salvagable from that vintage mold.

pbarnard
01-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Hasbro wouldn't have to add much more than 5-6 inches to the height of the AT-AT to make it significantly improved. The thing is mostly legs.

Hopefully it's an all new toy because I'm not sure if there is anything salvagable from that vintage mold.

True, but it would also have to be significantly wider with feet approaching close to the size of snow speeder.

LTBasker
01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I think it will just be a costume that makes YOU the AT-AT. :p

Engineernerd
01-07-2010, 06:27 PM
So an ARC fighter is $70 and the AT-AT would be $100? There's something wrong with that.

clone157
01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
The intriguing thing is the mention of the speeder bike. Where is that going to go? It would be nice to see room for more than one, but I will settle for the seating for one. Hopefully they will get rid of the electronics. I can't wait for Toy fair. What country has their toy fair first?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-07-2010, 06:43 PM
The intriguing thing is the mention of the speeder bike. Where is that going to go? It would be nice to see room for more than one, but I will settle for the seating for one. Hopefully they will get rid of the electronics. I can't wait for Toy fair. What country has their toy fair first?

If the Turbo Tank can have a speeder bike, there should be room in an AT-AT for one, unless it is just a separate pack-in. I still don't have a large AT-AT, so I will probably get it. I missed out on the POTF2 version, and it seems like the other release had Endor deco on it. I'd prefer to get one without that.

Phantom-like Menace
01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I imagine if I got this (and I'm certainly interested), I would just use it in one single diorama by itself and keep the two smaller ones I have for multi-vehicle dioramas. I'll probably be even more annoyed that the "Vintage" Snow Troopers have softgoods, though, because an AT-AT needs hoardes of those guys running around, and I only purchased one softgoods Snow Trooper to see how annoying it would be to graft a vinyl skirt on.

So an ARC fighter is $70 and the AT-AT would be $100? There's something wrong with that.

I think there's already something wrong with the fact that an ARC is $70, and an AT-TE is $100. Even if I thought $70 wasn't ridiculous for an ARC, I'd happily just get another AT-TE for $30 more.

Darth Jax
01-08-2010, 07:26 AM
if it's larger i'll get several. if it's the same size i'll skip it. don't need another just for electronics when i've got 3 of them sitting on the shelves.

they're just following precedent. a vehicle that is too large and unwieldy for smaller hands gets a smaller vehicle accessory with it to enhance the play value.

the insides of the AT-AT could easily hold a speeder if it's a new sculpt.

DarkArtist
01-08-2010, 09:30 AM
a new AT-AT would be a welcome toy for the Holidays, the last few releases are out of date and a new tooling is long overdo. as far as making it in scale with the current snowspeeders I'm not sure that would be possible. (unless you use the snowspeeder that came with the Star Wars Unleashed mini line or perhaps a Lego version)

either way I want one. now if I can only find one of these 50% off sales for the Turbo Tank. still have yet to pick this one up yet.

JEDIpartner
01-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Did you forget that the Target computer doesn't necessarily have all of the prices for the rest of the year? This is set to debut with the Autumn 2010 releases. It also may be that Target has the wrong price in the system. It could be that Target has the DCPI numbers for a reissue of the AT-TE or something else. Don't jump to conclusions!

The face that this release will include a speederbike seems to indicate that something has been altered to make room for that. As it is, I took out my 1997 AT-AT and, should you remove the little display panel, there's no room for much in there. I think this will be a complete overhaul a la the BMF. Will it be "to scale"? Of course it won't. Don't be stupid. Will it be significantly larger and more film accurate? Most likely "yes". I think they will consider a cockpit that can accommodate three figures and not two. With the new speeders that are due out in the near future (based on that earlier report of the new speeder and cloud car), I think they are going to make those two a little more play compatible with each other.

Stop breaking out the sour grapes and just wait for it. Yeesh!

Dark Marble
01-08-2010, 10:27 AM
I agree. I am going to be patient on this one and see where it goes. Also the possiblity of perhaps having a $150 AT-AT and a new $100 Clone Wars ship is very cool to think about.

Droid
01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I worry at a time when original trilogy product is struggling that they would sink so many tooling resources into such a large vehicle that has no current media support. The BMF was a risk, but it is THE Star Wars vehicle.

I hope that they aren't banking the future of original trilogy products on the success or failure of this.

I sold my other AT-AT because I didn't have room and won't buy this one. It's a neat vehicle in the movies, but I think Hasbro should be cautious about any vehicle a kid can't hold in his hand and fly around the room.

mtriv73
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I worry at a time when original trilogy product is struggling that they would sink so many tooling resources into such a large vehicle that has no current media support. The BMF was a risk, but it is THE Star Wars vehicle.

I hope that they aren't banking the future of original trilogy products on the success or failure of this.

... I think Hasbro should be cautious about any vehicle a kid can't hold in his hand and fly around the room.

I couldn't disagree more.

As a kid, I loved my Falcon (which was way too big for me to fly around,) my at-at, my USS Flagg, my Death Star playset, the terror Drome, and any number of huge toys that were really too big to cart around.

The parents who are buying these toys for kids more than likely have a copy of the original trilogy around the house on DVD or VHS or both. I'm sure kids will readily recognize an at-at without it being on TV every Friday night.

The BMF, AT-TE, and Clone turbo tank all sold really well around where I live. Sure there were a few clearanced off in the end, but the revenue generated must have been enough for Hasbro to justify continuing the line. The same parents who shelled out $100 or more for the previous 3 big toys will probably not hesitiate to do it again, especially for something they recognize from their youth.

sebillba
01-08-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't generally buy vehicles, but I did buy the BMF (eventually), and I would buy an AT-AT. I can't think of any other vehicle that would entice me like that. I had the POTF2 AT-AT, but I sold it when I was moving and trying to down-size... and I've regretted it ever since. I didn't bother with the Endor repaint, as I'm only ever going to have one, and that would have to be a Hoth version.

JEDIpartner
01-08-2010, 05:38 PM
A $20 bill will be going into an envelope marked "The AT-AT Fund" until this thing is set to be released. If it doesn't get released in the next two years, I'll have a lot of money saved up for "SOMETHING".

:thumbsup:

bigbarada
01-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I couldn't disagree more.

As a kid, I loved my Falcon (which was way too big for me to fly around,) my at-at, my USS Flagg, my Death Star playset, the terror Drome, and any number of huge toys that were really too big to cart around.

The parents who are buying these toys for kids more than likely have a copy of the original trilogy around the house on DVD or VHS or both. I'm sure kids will readily recognize an at-at without it being on TV every Friday night.

The BMF, AT-TE, and Clone turbo tank all sold really well around where I live. Sure there were a few clearanced off in the end, but the revenue generated must have been enough for Hasbro to justify continuing the line. The same parents who shelled out $100 or more for the previous 3 big toys will probably not hesitiate to do it again, especially for something they recognize from their youth.

Yeah and it's not like kids are living the media vacuum that many of us grew up in, where a video cassette player was an expensive luxury and if you didn't see it on network television or at the movie theater, then you just didn't see it.

Just type "battle of hoth" into Google and you can watch the entire first half of ESB within seconds. Same goes for the rest of the OT. So it's not like kids are going to be in the dark about what an AT-AT is.

Also, I do recall seeing several kids getting excited about the new AT-ST at my local Walmart. I think those same kids are going to crap themselves if they see a giant AT-AT.:)

The AT-AT was the first toy that I just had to have as a kid. My brother and I already had an X-Wing and TIE Fighter, but I still dreamed of owning an AT-AT.

DarkJedi5
01-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Though, after shopping around the web, more of slides with the same background have popped up with other tasty tid-bits. I've seen ones that mention a return of the vintage look (and the slide says that AOTC figs will be on vintage cardbacks for the first time), that f/x lightsabers will now feature removable blades (and Mace Windu will see release), and some photos of the new packaging with product (the Octupara Droid, which is funny cause it's being clearanced at most Walmarts, don't see why they'd rerelease it). So the fact that there are more of these suggests they came from a similar source, either some one having some fun or a Hasbro leak.

Old Fossil
01-11-2010, 07:09 AM

I sold my other AT-AT because I didn't have room and won't buy this one. It's a neat vehicle in the movies, but I think Hasbro should be cautious about any vehicle a kid can't hold in his hand and fly around the room.

I think that's a valid concern. My own belief is that this will be the last year for super-large vehicles. The consumer economy is not improving and it will not -- we are seeing a permanent downward shift in consumer buying power.

That being said, I plan on buying this AT-AT at first sight, at full price -- if it is indeed a new sculpt -- to show support for large OT vehicles. I sold off my two POTF2 AT-AT's last year, as they looked pitifully old and wobbly, and I bet the gods that we would see a new AT-AT in 2010 for TESB's 30th anniversary.

Darth Metalmute
01-11-2010, 09:54 AM
A $20 bill will be going into an envelope marked "The AT-AT Fund" until this thing is set to be released. If it doesn't get released in the next two years, I'll have a lot of money saved up for "SOMETHING".

:thumbsup:

That's not a bad idea. I might join you in that. Although I'll put on the envelope; "AT-AT, BMF Falcon, or LEGO Death Star."

I should have done that for the Falcon over a year ago, but back then I though the thing would fly off the shelves like hotcakes.

bigbarada
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I think that's a valid concern. My own belief is that this will be the last year for super-large vehicles. The consumer economy is not improving and it will not -- we are seeing a permanent downward shift in consumer buying power.

That being said, I plan on buying this AT-AT at first sight, at full price -- if it is indeed a new sculpt -- to show support for large OT vehicles. I sold off my two POTF2 AT-AT's last year, as they looked pitifully old and wobbly, and I bet the gods that we would see a new AT-AT in 2010 for TESB's 30th anniversary.

To be honest and I hope this doesn't come across as selfish, but as long as an all-new AT-AT gets made, then I don't care if it's the last big vehicle we ever see.

A Sail Barge would be the only other vehicle that I would consider buying at this scale, but I would hesitate to say that the Barge needs to be made. I've gone 27 years without one and I can't say that my collection has ever felt incomplete without it. It's definitely a toy I could live without.

However, just look at all the excitement that this BAT-AT news has generated all over the web. I think the Hoth Battle is iconic enough to carry this toy even without recent media support.

Finally, I did the same thing with my AT-ATs. I sold off my only vintage one about 8 years ago, the POTF2 version went to my nephew (who played with it so much that it fell apart), and I sold off the Endor AT-AT in 2008, when I saw images of the BMF, since I knew that a new AT-AT in the same style was almost a given. I've never been happy with the vintage mold, so I can't say that I've missed them; but I am definitely chomping at the bit to buy a new, improved version.

Even if this turns out to be an elaborate hoax, it's encouraging to note the overwhelmingly positive online reaction to the news. You can guarantee that Hasbro is paying attention to that whether they actually have a BAT-AT in the works or not.

Old Fossil
01-11-2010, 12:01 PM
To be honest and I hope this doesn't come across as selfish, but as long as an all-new AT-AT gets made, then I don't care if it's the last big vehicle we ever see.

I totally agree!lol

morpheus282
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM

Me too, but not because I'm wanting to show support for anything other than the fact that I want a new AT-AT!

My daughter saw me looking at the slide and asked what it was. The conversation went something like this:

Me: There's a rumor that they're coming out with a new AT-AT.
Daughter: You want one?
Me: Yep.
Her: But you already have one.
Me: But that one isn't as nice as the new one is going to be.
Her: I'll take it!!!!

Trust me, kids will want an AT-AT.

Ando
01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
ESB is my favorite of the 6 SW movies, so I am definitely in for at least 1.

Devo
01-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Nah I'd prefer a sailbarge over this. Having zero representation of that vehicle in my collection bothers me - yet we have loads of figures from it. They keep making sailbarge guards when we don't have a sailbarge. We have a desert skiff and yet bugger all accurate figure choices to put on it.

I have no doubt I will drool over a new AT-AT and I will buy one but I can't get as excited over something that I already have represented in my collection, ugly though it is by modern standards.

Droid
01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I know it would be good to buy ever "Big" original trilogy vehicle they make to get them to keep making more, but the only three I really would be interested in are the sandcrawler, the sail barge and the SKIFF (man does that need a redo).

Snowtrooper
01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Over on RS, apparently 3 members called Hasbro about the price of the "Super deluxe AT-AT" and they were told it would be $114. I guess thats kinda good news for those of us who thought Hasbro might be cutting corners by making the AT-AT for $99.

adultstarwarsfreak
01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I just want everyone to know that someone has posted on Rebelscums that he called Hasbro and a AT-AT was confirmed for a retail price of $114 USD to come out in May 2010. Also there has been two other poeple who called and it is confirmed. What we don't know is if this is a brand new mold or a modified version, but I am pretty sure that it is not the same mold that has been released for 30 yrs.

Ando
01-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I'd like to think that Hasbro has enough horse sense to know that after the last re-release of the same old mold back in 2006 (a $99.99 TRU exclusive), they'd better have a NEW toy if they're going to charge $114.00 for an AT AT.

Old Fossil
01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
I just want everyone to know that someone has posted on Rebelscums that he called Hasbro and a AT-AT was confirmed for a retail price of $114 USD to come out in May 2010. Also there has been two other poeple who called and it is confirmed. What we don't know is if this is a brand new mold or a modified version, but I am pretty sure that it is not the same mold that has been released for 30 yrs.

I want that phone number.

The caller must've had an old code, but it checked out, anyway. Piett Syndrome, again.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Hmm, the phone call seems suspicious. I highly doubt its validity. Target's computers have the "super deluxe vehicle" listed at $99.99 so I assumed this would be the AT-AT, but you can never say for sure.

I'd like to think that Hasbro has enough horse sense to know that after the last re-release of the same old mold back in 2006 (a $99.99 TRU exclusive), they'd better have a NEW toy if they're going to charge $114.00 for an AT AT.
It was $89.99, and pricing has gotten a little nutty lately, so who knows.

Maradona
01-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Could we be incorrectly assuming that this AT-AT is for the 3 3/4 line instead of maybe for Galactic Heroes? This has similar features (such as the speeder bike) to the GH one that was was shown in mock up form last year. Granted, Hasbro did later say that it wouldn't be out until 2011, but a lot can change in a year. I still think that a $99 AT-AT that's very different from what we've already gotten is not feasible for Hasbro given their recent pricing patterns.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2010, 10:18 PM
If so, then that would be a shame. The description still leads me to believe it'll be in the 3 3/4" scale; the last line says it includes a speeder bike and figure - do they ever call the Galactic Heroes, figures?

Maradona
01-13-2010, 09:52 AM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39811&highlight=galactic+heroes+at-at

DarkJedi5
01-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Even better was this quote from the same thread:

There's more than a glimpse of it here:
http://krisabel.ctv.ca/blog/_archives/2009/1/26/4070765.html

This thing looks awesome!:thumbsup:

You scroll down you can see the whole package. Of note is the fact that it advertises an exclusive AT-AT driver and speeder bike figure. I'd be crushed if this is what the ad slick is talking about but if it were I feel they'd use this illustration instead of the still from ESB.

sonofsokol
01-13-2010, 11:10 AM
If we are to believe that an AT-AT has been confirmed via telephone at the price of $114, I can't imagine that it would be a Galactic Heroes version. The most recent "big" galactic heroes vehicle was the Costco ROTJ Falcon which was selling originally for around $30, but I bought three (1 for my boys and 2 as gifts) for $14.97 a week before Christmas. Granted, it was a repaint of the previous version, which kept costs down, but I can't imagine a GH vehicle going for $114.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Hmm. I remember that box but forgot about the "AT-AT Driver and Speeder Bike figure". I really hope this isn't the same thing, though.

bigduke6
01-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Well the only thing hinging on the 3 3/4 scale is the "larger then life" and "scale" reference. That has to mean bigger then GH. Unless of course the ad slick is bogus... I guess we will see what #93994 is for shortly. No way the GH would cost over 99 $$

Maradona
01-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Just saw this picture of the new Addidas AT-AT themed shoes for the first time. Could this be the new AT-AT toy pictured with it?

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/adidas-starwars-ship.jpg

Ando
01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Just saw this picture of the new Addidas AT-AT themed shoes for the first time. Could this be the new AT-AT toy pictured with it?

That's a good observation. The AT-AT in the picture does look very "toy like", but I doubt Hasbro would loan out an unreleased prototype/first article to another SW licensee. My guess would be it's a CG image.

I really like the orange X Wing/Rebel pilot high tops. I want to get a pair to go with the Rebel pilot Marc Ecko hoodie my wife got me for Christmas.

bigduke6
01-19-2010, 05:40 PM

LMAO !! Nice find !! I bet that is it !!! :yes: Unless it is the MR signature edition AT AT.....Hmmm the marketing is not making me want the shoes though....

morpheus282
01-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Posted over on yakface.com:

Wondering what to expect for that rumored new AT-AT? Look no further as we've received a spy report with more features of this bad boy:

Here is the translated text:
- Complete with new molding, the AT-AT bigger than ever!
- random dialogue from the movie (English), built-in sound and action
- Holds Speeder bike in the rear hatch.
- Cable arm and pull open the cover for passengers side of the body
- The blaster has a gimmick in luminous nose (light up chin cannons I assume)
- Opening the hatch at the bottom of the body to recreate Luke's sneak attack
- AT-AT Driver figure included.
- Cockpit/head can hold 6 figures

Even with the bad translation, looks like one heck of a walker if this is true.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Indeed, that sounds amazing. Hopefully the cockpit will really be able to hold several figures. Having two AT-AT drivers sitting with General Veers behind them would look badass.

Turbowars
01-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Posted over on yakface.com:

Even with the bad translation, looks like one heck of a walker if this is true.
Yes, just read this over there as well. I'm just happy it's all new and bigger. Don't care about the speederbike or lights or sounds. I just hopes it's about 8-10 taller.

pbarnard
01-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Yes, just read this over there as well. I'm just happy it's all new and bigger. Don't care about the speederbike or lights or sounds. I just hopes it's about 8-10 taller.

8-10 what taller? UNITS PEOPLE!!!! Seriously, basic math and science here. 8-10 apples? Weasels with the mumps and measles? Meters? Metric Miles? centimeters? feet? :tired:

Darth Jax
01-19-2010, 07:13 PM
8-10 what taller? UNITS PEOPLE!!!! Seriously, basic math and science here. 8-10 apples? Weasels with the mumps and measles? Meters? Metric Miles? centimeters? feet? :tired:

8-10 apples - that's like 3 smurfs tall

mtriv73
01-19-2010, 07:17 PM
8-10 parsecs. It's going to be huge.

morpheus282
01-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Indeed, that sounds amazing. Hopefully the cockpit will really be able to hold several figures. Having two AT-AT drivers sitting with General Veers behind them would look great.

This means I need to do two things:

buy an AT-AT driver (all mine are POTF)
Find my currently MIA Veers

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2010, 07:53 PM
How about 8-10 "calm the hell downs"? We're in America, so what do you think he meant?

This means I need to do two things:

buy an AT-AT driver (all mine are POTF)
Find my currently MIA Veers

I assume the new one will come with the most recent AT-AT Driver, which is a great figure. The 2006 one is pretty good, too. I guess now we know why they remade him!

pbarnard
01-19-2010, 07:55 PM
How about 8-10 "calm the hell downs"? We're in America, so what do you think he meant?

I don't know, we still use units in America. Just saying a number is useless. It could be dollars, or hamburgers, or chimps in tuxes or inches.

morpheus282
01-19-2010, 08:15 PM
I assume the new one will come with the most recent AT-AT Driver, which is a great figure. The 2006 one is pretty good, too. I guess now we know why they remade him!

I'm assuming the same. Perhaps if the ESB wave doesn't show up on pegs near me they'll re-release the AT-AT driver and the snowspeeder Luke in the "legends" line.

Old Fossil
01-19-2010, 08:24 PM
The cockpit holds SIX FIGURES??? Good god, y'all! I can hear my AT-AT Driver squad pounding on the inside of my Darth Vader carry case!

Turbowars
01-19-2010, 08:45 PM
8-10 what taller? UNITS PEOPLE!!!! Seriously, basic math and science here. 8-10 apples? Weasels with the mumps and measles? Meters? Metric Miles? centimeters? feet? :tired:Don't know if you are trying to be funny, but I forgot to add the (") Not a big deal and I'd hope you all would assume I meant INCHES.

Anyways on a very happy note, It says on RS that it will be just under 3 FEET. That's about double the height of the old version give an inch or two.

Old Fossil
01-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Everybody good for AT-AT Drivers? Snowtroopers? General Veerses?lol

morpheus282
01-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Need more snowtroopers.... Could use at least one more AT-AT driver since it evidently comes with one. Don't have a clue where my Veers is currently located.

Maradona
01-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Here's a better picture. Judging by the style of this series of pictures, I wonder if Gianni Lopergolo, Hasbro's diorama photographer, shot these. The AT-AT looks the part. I'm now a bit more optimistic about this toy's release.

http://wildammo.com/2010/01/03/adidas-star-wars-shoes-for-2010/

bigbarada
01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
We need a new Veers with a sculpted on vest and better articulation so he can actually sit. They could even just sell it as a generic AT-AT Commander figure.

I'm trying to contain my enthusiasm here, because this news about the possible AT-AT is almost too good to be true. This might just be the last Star Wars vehicle that I ever need to buy.

El Chuxter
01-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Gotta admit, that is definitely a toy of some sort, and it doesn't match any existing one I know of. And the Photoshopped shadows definitely look like Hasbro's handiwork. If that's it, and the description is accurate, I'm impressed, though I have a feeling the $99.99 price tag may be a bit off.

Not to complain, but the legs still look a bit too short. Really, though, I'm not complaining, since I doubt a toy AT-AT built to be 100% film-accurate would stand up to safety testing... or, at least, it wouldn't stand up very well. (I have doubts about the feasibility of a "real" AT-AT, even with Star Wars technology.)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2010, 10:50 PM
I just Googled and can't find any other kind of AT-AT statue that this would possibly be, but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. The fact that the gun on the right side of the head is rotated means it's probably meant to be moved, and I doubt that any statue or "serious" model would have moving parts like that, so that would indicate this being a toy. The figures appear to be Attakus statues. The TIE Fighters look like the Hasbro versions, with the left-to-right opening cockpits and nubbins between the lasers in front. I'm not sure about the rest, though. In other words, they're using products from several companies, so it's indeed possible that it's the Hasbro version.

Turbowars
01-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Sorry to say, but the AT-AT in the shoe ad is the Master Replica 2nd version just without the snow base. The one Vader with lit saber is Gentle Giant's ROTS Vader and the rest I think you are right.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Sorry to say, but the AT-AT in the shoe ad is the Master Replica 2nd version just without the snow base. The one Vader with lit saber is Gentle Giant's ROTS Vader and the rest I think you are right.
Damn it, but you appear to be correct. There are so many licensees I forgot about Master Replicas. Oh well, now we just have to wait a bit to see the real deal.

bigbarada
01-20-2010, 12:32 AM

That's what I was thinking too. I don't think an AT-AT with those proportions and the ability to hold 6 figures in the head, would be any less than 4 ft tall. And I seriously doubt we would ever see something at that scale from Hasbro.

I'm hoping the new AT-AT is more accurate compared to the vintage mold, but I really don't expect it to look "Master Replicas accurate."

Ando
01-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Everybody good for AT-AT Drivers? Snowtroopers? General Veerses?lol

No, not yet. I passed on Veers on his last release because that was 4 years ago (I think?) and at the time we had an AT-AT that only held 2 AT-AT drivers.

I will probably pick up the new AT-AT drivers when I can find them (if they ever turn up here in Portland).

I will probably be able to find Veers at one of the collector focused stores here in the area.

I wish Hasbro would put out pilots/drivers at the same time as the vehicles instead of this staggering.

DarkArtist
01-20-2010, 11:14 AM
No, not yet. I passed on Veers on his last release because that was 4 years ago (I think?) and at the time we had an AT-AT that only held 2 AT-AT drivers.

I will probably pick up the new AT-AT drivers when I can find them (if they ever turn up here in Portland).

I will probably be able to find Veers at one of the collector focused stores here in the area.

I wish Hasbro would put out pilots/drivers at the same time as the vehicles instead of this staggering.

c'mon now that would make too much sense if they released vehicles with drivers at the same time. lol. i have a few of the Saga AT-AT Drivers and of course a few of the old POTF versions along with one of the new Legacy versions (even an old Kenner version). as far as Veers goes, I have one of each version of him to date including the old Kenner version.

i'm not getting my hopes up yet for a new AT-AT I still think it might be a GH version or something. I'll believe it when i see finished pics from Hasbro at either Toy Fair or SDCC.