PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy Anakin's Airspeeder From ROTS?

Tycho
01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Anakin's Airspeeder From ROTS).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Anakin's Airspeeder From ROTS?

This vehicle would easily fit into the starfighter assortment and could also be repainted as Obi-Wan's airspeeder he takes to Padme's. Anakin took this type of airspeeder from the Jedi Temple when he rushed to save Palpatine from Mace Windu and posse.

The vehicle never really does anything in the movie, but the toy could add two launching missiles to fill in as laser cannons to make it a little more exciting. We had at least one request for the ship from a collector here though.

Do you want this made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Do you want to see support for this ship demonstrated by inclusion in The Clone Wars Annimated Series?

pbarnard
01-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Nope. The reason is that it is a one-seater. If I buy a speeder, I would prefer 2 seaters. Speeder bikes/swoops can still be 1 seaters. The fin or flat body doesn't really bother me, it's the whole seating aspect.

morpheus282
01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Nope, wouldn't buy it. It's in the movie for all of what - two seconds? That almost qualifies it as an EU ship. I can't even picture what it looks like off the top of my head.

Darth Jax
01-11-2010, 09:55 PM
nope. the only speeder needed in my star wars universe is luke's landspeeder. as hasbro likes to point out, it's not an action-oriented ship. guess i fall into the kid demographic as that's all i'm interested in.

bigbarada
01-11-2010, 10:36 PM
No I would not buy this. Like Darth Jax, the only landspeeder in Star Wars that I care about is Luke's Landspeeder.

DarkJedi5
01-11-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd buy it. I think it's a really cool design and would be really fun for kids. It would fit well in the starfighter assortment, though it may be a little small without some really extreme action features. Again, I would certainly buy this one. It's probably one of the last ROTS ships that's yet to be done that I would actually buy.

Snowtrooper
01-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd probably pass. Its just not interesting enough.

JediTricks
01-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I liked the design and would probably buy it.

I don't think it would sell or even get made though because it's barely in the film and it has no weapons and is small.

sith_killer_99
01-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I don't buy ANY PT vehicles, space is limited, so I only focus on the OT stuff for bigger items.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-15-2010, 10:45 PM
I liked the design and would probably buy it.

I don't think it would sell or even get made though because it's barely in the film and it has no weapons and is small.
Yeah, what he said.

Darth Metalmute
01-20-2010, 06:26 PM
I would buy it. I think it's a solid design. I know it doesn't appear on screen much, but I like the look of it.

Tycho
01-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Obi-Wan also uses one. I don't remember if they are different colors, but Hasbro loves to repaint'em.

I think once they have the mold down, they can make Jocasta Nu's Jedi airspeeder! :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
01-21-2010, 11:09 AM
this is a tough one for to vote one. on one hand the ship is plain and really doesn't have any value other than a display piece. it's has no real play value and i can it see it as something that Hasbro would doctor up to create play value (something along the line of the AOTC Jedi Starfighter). plus if they give us Anakin's you can bet there wouold be a repaint later on for Obi Wan's.

i would rather see a re-release of the ROTS Jedi Starfighters in all the colors before getting the airspeeders...

so i guess for me it would be a no at this time.

Tycho
02-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Anakin's airspeeder is facing the same fate as most ROTS vehicles - that of a "no-vote." The ship is losing 4-7.