PDA

View Full Version : Haiti

sith_killer_99
01-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Didn't see a thread on this yet.

Is everyone keeping up on this? Wondering if Slicker may get called in to Haiti, I am currently on standby. Hospitals are wrecked and they will need Medical Logistics support, so we will see.

It is a major tragedy and I have no doubt there will be a global effort to help Haiti. Why does it always take tragedy to bring so many nations together? Anyway, it is my sincere hope that the death toll is not as bad as early projections put them.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-13-2010, 07:53 PM
This is one of the good aspects of global communication; getting news and updates to those who need it in order to help those in need. This one is a tough one to watch from a distance. :( Thanks to those who help directly, and those indirectly (some of the service clubs on the high school campus are setting things up, too). :thumbsup:

Slicker
01-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Wondering if Slicker may get called in to Haiti, I am currently on standby. Unfortunately that's way too far out of our area of operations and, since we're in a yard period of sorts, the ships pretty torn down so it would take a few days to get us in any position to sail again. I guarantee that either some Norfolk based ships or even Mayport or Gulf Coast boats will DEFINITELY make for Haiti at top speed with many tons of supplies.

sith_killer_99
01-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Well, if I disappear for a while you guys will know where I am.:yes:

mtriv73
01-15-2010, 04:34 PM
My heart goes out to all those people.

There is a man who works for my lab program who is from there and still, hopefully, has many family members living there. He has heard from his brother who had his leg crushed. He has not heard from his sister or father and fears the worst since the church they were supposed to be in was flattened. His wife hasn't heard from anyone in her family.

My prayers are with him, his family, and all the others who have been hurt in this tragic event.

Maradona
01-15-2010, 04:53 PM
The media are vultures. This is a horrible event that is beyond heart breaking and I understand that people are interested and want to know more. At the same time, I wonder where the media attention on Haiti was last week. They were the hemisphere's poorest nation even before the quake.

May God bless the people of Haiti and those who are helping them.