PDA

View Full Version : 8092 luke's landspeeder

gba88
01-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey guys....anyone find this lately and if so, where?? I've checked 2 walmarts that have done their reset and they have EVERYTHING as far as the new sets go EXCEPT the landspeeder :( What the heck is going on with this set...seems like a shortage or something.

Normally, this wouldn't be too big of a deal, but the week after Christmas, I held the set IN MY HANDS at wm, but it wouldn't scan so I decided to just get it a day or so later rather than haggle with the cashier. SO, it was gone when I sent back, and I haven't seen one since. If I had a dollar for every time something like this happens with stuff I collect I'd have a nice chunk of cash right now. I still haven't learned my lesson - if you see something and even vaguely think you *might* want it, BUY IT RIGHT THEN!!!

Ando
01-14-2010, 12:06 PM
I picked it up last Friday night, but we have a LEGO Store at our local mall.

Maybe try ordering it online from www.lego.com (http://www.lego.com)?

Ji'dai
01-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't really worry about putting off the purchase of a newly released LEGO set even if it is currently hard-to-find. I know from experience that new sets will be available from a variety of outlets throughout the year.

Your local stores have probably sold through their initial shipment of the Landspeeder. Toy sales tend to nose dive after the holidays so reordering and restocking the toy department isn't a high priority.

It can depend on the person running the department too; how knowledgeable they are about toys, what products sell, and what is in demand. Talk to them about the status of replenishing the LEGO aisle. Your stores may be sitting on new product in the stockroom and haven't even thought about putting more out after Christmas.

DarkArtist
01-14-2010, 01:28 PM
is there any difference from this landspeeder from the one included in the Mos Eisely Cantina a few years back. i thought it was the small set just with new mini figures ?

gba88
01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
It was "backordered" on lego.com for about a week or 2 now (last time I checked). I just want to pick it up in the store though, so I guess I'll keep looking.

LusiferSam
01-14-2010, 10:28 PM
is there any difference from this landspeeder from the one included in the Mos Eisely Cantina a few years back. i thought it was the small set just with new mini figures ?

The back engine pod lifts out of repair, storage or smuggling. Yeah I know Malibu Stacy with new hat (but I still want it). There's a few new or newer elements like the windshield, but the design looks very similar 4501 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4501). The colors are more like 7110 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7110), which I like better.

Ji'dai
01-15-2010, 01:52 PM
The new curved windshield really makes a lot of difference, though it's still not tall enough. Here is a pic I took of the 4501 Landspeeder (http://i50.tinypic.com/66cj20.jpg) back when I got it. Both are pretty much constructed the same way with some minor part changes here and there.

I think the new Landspeeder is a Walmart exclusive, so that's the only retail outlet you'll find it in.

gba88
01-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Still no sign in any local WMs.... backordered til MARCH 18 on lego.com. DANG DANG DANG!!!

Ji'dai
01-21-2010, 10:08 PM
As of today, both local WMs here have restocked all the new SW sets, including the Landspeeder.

Darth Jax
01-21-2010, 10:38 PM
i've seen the all the new sets at one time or another since the holidays. haven't picked up any of them yet for myself. not worried, LEGO comes and goes but i've never had a problem with it not being replenished. i do have the advantage of a LEGO store at the mall as well.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-23-2010, 09:47 AM
With those of us with Lego stores or in-stock WMs, if you want any of us to pick one up for you gba88, all you have to do is ask (a.k.a. send a PM) nicely. :rolleyes:

pbarnard
01-23-2010, 08:56 PM
With those of us with Lego stores or in-stock WMs, if you want any of us to pick one up for you gba88, all you have to do is ask (a.k.a. send a PM) nicely. :rolleyes:

Or very rude but with a lot of money up front.:thumbsup:

gba88
01-24-2010, 02:13 PM

Thanks a lot :) I FINALLY found this yesterday at WM!! Put it together today, and I have to say I was surprised b/c I thought the speeder would be smaller. Very nice windshield and the new head for r2d2 is great. Both sabers fit in the back disassembled, and c-3po and r2 can ride on the back :) Kind of high price point, but hey, this is LEGO we're talking about *and* the largest scifi license ever so...to me, it's worth it.

DarkArtist
02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
finally saw this the other day at Walmart and it was an easy pass for me. while i like the look of the vehicle I just can't justify spending the money to buy yet another landspeeder.. i have the first version from when the line debuted and the recent version that was included in the Cantina.

Ji'dai
02-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Don't blame you really. You could easily update the 2004 version of the landspeeder if you have a curved windshield from another set - they were in the Speed Racer and Indiana Jones Venice boats sets.

Darkross
03-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Got my set yesterday...been wanting it for a while. Very cool...I love the Sandtrooper. I am new to Star Wars Lego, and this is my second set. My son has been collecting the Lego Atlantis sets hard core which are also very cool. The new Landspeeder set is well worth the money (5 figures) a vehicle and a sentry droid. what more could you ask for other maybe a moisture vaporator.