PDA

View Full Version : Golden Girls

JimJamBonds
01-14-2010, 10:43 PM
I did a quick search and didn't find a thread on the Golden Girls so.... I guess now we have one. This is really for 2-1B more then anyone else and since my phone is in the other room I can't text him from where I'm curentlly located I'll post here instead.

Southern Belle Rue McClanahan suffered a "minor stroke" recently.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=451862&gt1=28103

JEDIpartner
01-15-2010, 06:47 PM
I never watched this when it was actually airing. I started watching this in reruns about 7 years ago and found it to be truly revolutionary in terms for female/senior-based comedy and it's funny as all get out!!!

2-1B
01-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Great show, I still watch in re-runs from time to time...excellent writing for those Golden Squirrels, that's for sure. :thumbsup:

It's kinda odd that WE and Hallmark channels have re-runs at the exact same time.

JimJamBonds
01-17-2010, 11:48 AM
It's kinda odd that WE and Hallmark channels have re-runs at the exact same time.

1) Its kinda odd that you know that and...

2) You'd think they'd want to spread the love around between GG fans, that way each channel isn't fighting over viewership.

Slicker
01-17-2010, 12:57 PM
This is definitely a good show. It's funny that this thread should appear because I saw a picture of a sweet full back tattoo of the GG's heads on Mt. Rushmore just yesterday.

Rocketboy
01-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Still the sexiest tv show ever.

2-1B
01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Slick, I need to see a pic of that tat. :razz:

RB, agreed, there are a lotta miles under those chassis. :whip:

1) Its kinda odd that you know that

I know my way around a Time Warner on-screen channel guide. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
01-17-2010, 11:04 PM
I know my way around a Time Warner on-screen channel guide. :thumbsup:

My comment was more based on the fact that you chose to look for GG, not that you have the ability to search out shows. :D

Slicker
01-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Slick, I need to see a pic of that tat. :razz:

It's quite horribly done but man is it a good idea!

Rocketboy
01-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Yikes! Looks like a Mike Judge-Beavis & Butt-head version.

JimJamBonds
01-19-2010, 07:44 AM
it's quite horribly done but man is it a good idea!

awesome!!!

2-1B
01-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Excellent, thanks Slick !

"Thank you for being a friend. Travel down the road and back again. Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant."

El Chuxter
01-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Golden Girls? Never heard of it. :p

Seriously, I kinda enjoyed it as a kid, but didn't like to admit it to my friends. As an adult, seeing it in reruns, it really holds up a lot better than almost any other sitcom from the same time (aside from maybe Cheers, or was it still on when Seinfeld debuted?). Those four ladies were masters, and it's hard to believe they hadn't been working together for ages.

Hard to believe that Betty White is the only one who's still alive and in good enough health to still appear in new stuff. A moment of silence is in order. :(

Brian_Fortuna
01-27-2010, 03:40 PM
This is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES! I own all seven seasons on DVD, and watch the show on tv daily lol.

"What did I do today?...Same thing I do every day..I bought a nectarine."

:)