PDA

View Full Version : Queen Of The Damned

derek
02-26-2002, 11:10 PM
i saw this film the other day, and i think we may have a candidate for worst film of 2002. i know, roller ball and kung pow were bad, but they are givens. this film had potential. i'm not a vampire movie fan, but loved "interview with the vampire". i found it hard to believe this film was based on a book written by the same author as "interview".

this is a "B" movie all the way, with "B" actors and characters i cared nothing about. i felt at times i was watching a made for TV movie and other times i was wondering if this was "buffy the vampire slayer", the movie starring christy swanson, not the TV show, which is a masterpiece compaired to this film.(actually i kinda like buffy the TV show)

the character of lestat was nothing like the lestat in "interview". it was almost like "QOTD" lestat was actually louis, they just changed his name. aaliah, who is (was) hot, but a one dimensional character, was almost comical. and for some reason, "QOTD" is part three. what ever happened to part 2, "the vampire lestat"?

lestat is supposed to be a rock star, but the original songs for the film sucked along with lestats voice, who sounded like a cross between papa roach and def tones ripoffs. i think billy corgan could of really made an awesome soundtrack for this film.

Lord Tenebrous
02-26-2002, 11:32 PM
I don't think Anne Rice had anything to do with the production, except for the fact that the novel rights supposedly expire soon.

So very rushed, little continuity, not even so much as an explanation of the vampire origins (Egyptian, right?).

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 12:47 AM
I've seen some parts of it and a segment mostly revolving around Aaliyah, doesn't really seem like she can act... I think I'll wait for this movie to come out on cable cause it just doesn't seem worth it to go see in theatres, somehow I figure if there was/is (never know :p) a Queen like her that she'd be wearing...more. :rolleyes:

Darth Rage
02-27-2002, 04:04 AM
I was going to watch this film, but thanks Derek, I'll probably wait until it comes out on video.

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 11:14 AM
In my opinion I feel they hurried this movie out to the theaters because of Aaliyah's death. If they had taken some time to think it out and maybe improve it a little it wouldnt be getting such bad reviews.
Right now it is simply feeding off of her popularity.

derek
02-27-2002, 02:56 PM
jango fett96,

this film was supposed to come out in october of last year. it wasn't rushed, just bad.

i don't know why the filmmakers didn't throw a boat load of money at tom cruies, brad pitt and christian slater to reprise their roles in "The Vampire Lestat", and then make QOTD later on.

jeddah
02-27-2002, 03:15 PM
Darth Rage, is that you or Vin Diesel? :D

jeddah

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 03:20 PM
Derek,
I still feel that they are trying to use Aaliyah's popularity now to try to promote this film. Note how they always point her out so cleverly in the cast of this film, where before she would have just been any other actress.

Darth Rage
02-28-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by jeddah
Darth Rage, is that you or Vin Diesel? :D

jeddah

Both pictures are me :)

where I live QOTD is I think #1 with alot of the female folk.

Beast
02-28-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I figure if there was/is (never know :p) a Queen like her that she'd be wearing...more. :rolleyes:
It's the Queen of the Damned, not Queen Amidala of the Naboo. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Derek,
I still feel that they are trying to use Aaliyah's popularity now to try to promote this film. Note how they always point her out so cleverly in the cast of this film, where before she would have just been any other actress.

Well that's Hollywood, it's not unknown for them to do that sort of thing. :frus:

I guess QOTD doesn't seem very interesting because it's not Queen of the Damned 2: I know what you did last damn. :p

logam Fett
03-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Thank you DEREK! I was about to go and watch the film tonight, I think I'll stick to Buffy:happy: