PDA

View Full Version : TRU Force Unleashed sets

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Nothing too new to report, and I'm not sure how this was missed until now, but Hasbro's Q&A round-up (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/en_US/discover/news/article.cfm?newsid=04FD3EA3-19B9-F369-D963A009E457A342) has a picture of a new Galen Marek from the upcoming sets. It's very Mandalorian-riffic (using Evolutions Jango's torso and arms, it seems) and has a new, more accurate head sculpt. Was this costume in the original game? If not, it could be a preview for the second one (or maybe it's in Ultimate Sith Edition - I have no idea).

The page also has the new Juno Eclipse, but we've already seen that, so there you go.

pbarnard
01-19-2010, 05:20 PM
That's the bounty hunter outfit, at least it was in the Wii version.

clone157
01-19-2010, 11:36 PM
I am sooo looking forward to these. I really like the EU, especially as diorama background filler. And those seem like the bulk of EU offerings for next year. I am just afraid about the price on the package.

DarkJedi5
01-20-2010, 12:01 AM
I believe in the Xbox version that new outfit was called smuggler disguise. For photos, see this thread (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=933156&topic=45471649). Really looking forward to these sets... they'd have to have a pretty high price tag to scare me away. I'd even like a spare Galen Marek head or two to fix the figures I've already got with inaccurate faces.

plasticfetish
01-20-2010, 12:32 AM
It's hard to say at this point with so little info given, but I'm all over these sets if they can just keep the build and paint quality at a decent level. That Galen Marek figure looks good, but Hasbro's photos of their prototypes always look good... and often much different than the final product.

JediTricks
01-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Honestly, it's a secondary costume I could have lived without. There are a ton of in-game costumes that would have better served the figure, but I guess they aren't as easy to recycle from earlier figures. It was a forgettable one...
http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/star-wars-the-force-unleashed/cos5.jpg

But I'll buy the sets none the less, I bet.

Ando
01-20-2010, 10:28 AM
I had no interest in the set until I saw the bounty hunter version figure pic. I am sure I have a spare Jango helmet laying around somewhere and now I will have another Mando training sgt. for my clones or a generic Mando soldier.

And game accurate Juno Eclipse is a bonus.

DarkArtist
01-20-2010, 11:17 AM
this is actually one of the few outfits in the game i use with the exception of the Sith Stalker gear and the Coreillian Flight Suit versions. can't wait for these to hit retail. looking forward to seeing what the other figures are going to be. hoping for a Battle Damaged Rahm Kota, Proxy and perhaps teenage Leia

pbarnard
01-20-2010, 12:09 PM
this is actually one of the few outfits in the game i use with the exception of the Sith Stalker gear and the Coreillian Flight Suit versions. can't wait for these to hit retail. looking forward to seeing what the other figures are going to be. hoping for a Battle Damaged Rahm Kota, Proxy and perhaps teenage Leia

Now I wish I had the Unleashed Evo set. Going to probably pass on at least one, and pass on both if they split Proxy and Juno into seperate sets.

DarkArtist
01-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Now I wish I had the Unleashed Evo set. Going to probably pass on at least one, and pass on both if they split Proxy and Juno into seperate sets.

pb you can possibly still find a set at a TRU or something. i spotted a few a couple weeks ago at a TRU by me but they were still marked full price. I see if i spot anymore and if you want i'll pick up a set for you.

pbarnard
01-20-2010, 02:37 PM
I'll think about your offer. But I would rather know the break down, of who/what are in which pack. My guess is a lot of Stormtrooper variants with 2 new figs per case. That'll make it easier for me to pass off on.

crazydave75
01-20-2010, 05:07 PM
im hopin theyre gonna release the starkiller figure from the raxus prime level or the jedi combat gear figure :yes:

Sinscia Fat'o
01-21-2010, 05:26 AM
sadly this all the eu hasbro said they were doing...so i guess im kinda forced into getting them, the juno figures is great looking, as thats the version of her i've wanted since the bloody game came out. I could care less about Gaylen...or whatever vader's apprentice is...proxy is the last figure from this game i would really pursue enough to actually buy.

mtriv73
01-22-2010, 10:10 AM
All the new figs are up for sale on E-bay:

I'll be waiting until they're on the shelves, but there are some pics in the listing below:

Felucian Warrior: (http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-the-force-unleashed-FELUCIAN-WARRIOR-rare-New_W0QQitemZ150407658105QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item2304feba79)

pbarnard
01-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Well if the boxed ones are accurate, I'm passing. I had a feeling they'd split Juno and Proxy, and for me that's just going to cost too much in the end.

DarkArtist
01-22-2010, 11:14 AM
i like the looks of some of the figures...the troopers I can do without (very hard to army build), like the Starkiller figures, Proxy and Juno, Felucian Warrior is cool but would rather see him single carded for army building purposes. would have like to see perhaps a Kazden Pratus rather then another shadow trooper.

will wait to see them at retail before making my final opinion but for the moment I'm not all too impressed

sonofsokol
01-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I really like the looks of these new sets. If nothing else, my son will like the new troopers, especially the clear-looking one. Proxy looks really cool and its cool that the mandalorian armor version will come with a helmet. Throw in the releases of Rahm Kota, Maris Brood, the other troopers and the soon-to-be released Shaak Ti and they have made quite a few cool figures for this game.

Hasbro has done a great job with 2 of my favorite Star Wars video games with these and the Knights of the Old Republic figures.

pbarnard
01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't get the Mando helmet. It's not in the game. So why include it at all?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
I like the look of these. The cloaking Shadow Troopers have a very cool-looking two-phase effect. Proxy looks to be very well done. The EVO Trooper looks a little bit like a cow. Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with how these turned out.

jonthejedi
01-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Overall, too many repaints for my $$$(I expect nothing less from Hasbro), but what a wasted op for more new troopers from the game that hadn't been done(or that AT-ST commander...whatshisname?). I like the new Galens & of course we're all happy about Proxy. I knew, though, that Hasbro wouldn't initiate too much new tooling for these sets.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Overall, too many repaints for my $$$(I expect nothing less from Hasbro), but what a wasted op for more new troopers from the game that hadn't been done(or that AT-ST commander...whatshisname?). I like the new Galens & of course we're all happy about Proxy. I knew, though, that Hasbro wouldn't initiate too much new tooling for these sets.
Well, what other troopers would you have wanted? They've done several already. And Ozzik Sturn, I can live without.

JediTricks
01-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I think both sets look slick. I'm still scratching my head at the choice of Starkiller costumes, this reveal of Raxus Prime 1 is an ok but hardly outstanding costume in the game. It's funny how they did the head paint SO differently on the 2 Starkillers, on the Bounty Hunter disguise he's barely recognizable, but the eyes and eyebrows on the Raxus Prime costume are much closer.

Proxy looks very good. The jumptrooper finally has his jumppack. I like the cloaking shadow stormies, I'm a sucker for translucent. Juno looks a little haunted but superior to the original. And the pre-Rebel was a nice surprise.

All in all, we've got a nice assortment of figures from the game now:

Starkiller regular
Starkiller light side
Starkiller dark side
Starkiller bounty hunter disguise (Bespin)
Starkiller Raxus Prime 1
Juno regular officer
Juno commonly seen from the game
Proxy
Rahm Kota
Kota's militia warrior
Shaak-Ti
Maris Brood
Felucian Warrior
Felucia Rancor
Felucian Leader
Shadow Trooper
Incinerator Troopers (sorta)
Stormtrooper Commander
Shadow Guard
EVO Trooper
Jumptrooper
defeated Vader
non-defeated Vader
Palpatine

I like the look of these. The cloaking Shadow Troopers have a very cool-looking two-phase effect. Proxy looks to be very well done. The EVO Trooper looks a little bit like a cow. Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with how these turned out.Ha, yeah, pretty much like a cow.

Well, what other troopers would you have wanted? They've done several already. And Ozzik Sturn, I can live without.Aside from the Purge Trooper, which IMO sucked and was a giant robot, I don't think there are any more viable troopers. Maybe they want the PS2/Wii version's extra troopers.

clone157
01-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Does anyone else here believe that they could squeeze out about 2 more evolution sets? This is a game that is so very different from almost all other SW games that it is so hard to limit the options for figures. We all knew that there would have to be the prerequisite repaints, but we got some good figs out of the deal. I still would like to see some more articulation like Hasbro is using with the new clone commanders (Gree, Cody), so that we could do more fighting poses. (Personally, I would love for them to do a re-sculpt of the Sith version from the Evo boxed set.)