PDA

View Full Version : New Hasbro AT-AT Information

borisfan84
01-20-2010, 01:06 PM
There has been more rumored information posted at rebelscum.com about the proposed AT-AT that is possibly coming. There was also info on a new Jabba the Hutt play set to scale.

Rumor Report: Big AT-AT (BAT-AT?) (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Rumor_Report_Big_ATAT_BATAT_128873.asp)
Posted by Curto (curto@rebelscum.com) on January 19, 2010 at 08:10 PM CST:
We've gotten in a new spy report that pretty much matches the latest reports from around the net these days, concerning Hasbro's newest BIG vehicle...the AT-AT. Although this is still not an official confirmation, it's certainly enough to get you excited. According to our Rebel Spy, the AT-AT is much bigger than all previous versions, close to 3 feet tall. In addition, the side panels open up to fit in more troops. There's also a much larger cockpit, and a rear opening panel to fit a speeder bike inside. Stay tuned for more as the reports roll in!

DarkArtist
01-21-2010, 12:11 PM
There has been more rumored information posted at rebelscum.com about the proposed AT-AT that is possibly coming. There was also info on a new Jabba the Hutt play set to scale.

Rumor Report: Big AT-AT (BAT-AT?) (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Rumor_Report_Big_ATAT_BATAT_128873.asp)
Posted by Curto (curto@rebelscum.com) on January 19, 2010 at 08:10 PM CST:
We've gotten in a new spy report that pretty much matches the latest reports from around the net these days, concerning Hasbro's newest BIG vehicle...the AT-AT. Although this is still not an official confirmation, it's certainly enough to get you excited. According to our Rebel Spy, the AT-AT is much bigger than all previous versions, close to 3 feet tall. In addition, the side panels open up to fit in more troops. There's also a much larger cockpit, and a rear opening panel to fit a speeder bike inside. Stay tuned for more as the reports roll in!

if this is true, at 3 feet tall that would be a monster of a vehicle well exceeded the $100 mark and going for easily $150 to $200 just on the tooling alone. now you throw in a speeder bike and figure and the price rises more. this is still a wait and see for me.

pbarnard
01-21-2010, 12:24 PM
What? That otheR Site posting rumors as news? Shocked!!! I'm shocked I tell you.

Snowtrooper
01-21-2010, 12:27 PM
A 3ft tall AT-AT would be insanely massive. I would welcome it, but like DA mentioned, I doubt it would be for $100 or $114. If it does turn out to be true, all I can say is "WOW!!!!"

jamesbondo07
01-21-2010, 02:44 PM
if it is that big there is no way it can be $100. Not unless they scale the electronics and other things way back. Why are they equpping almost all the big vehicles with ejectable speeders or some other ejectable vehicle? I am not entirly sure I like that they are adding that on the big vehicles.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Well, how big is the previous one? I'm not at home so I can't measure it. But the legs make up much of the vehicle's height, so perhaps the "almost three feet" thing could be accurate.

Ando
01-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Well, how big is the previous one? I'm not at home so I can't measure it. But the legs make up much of the vehicle's height, so perhaps the "almost three feet" thing could be accurate.

The old one is maybe 2' max.

clone157
01-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't think I have the room for something like this! What's worse is that I have a rather amorous dog that might think I bought it for him.:love:
But it does seem verrry cool, especially how it seems closer to the version mentioned in the Cross- sections book.

Darth Jax
01-21-2010, 07:59 PM

the old one is roughly 20" tall, the box (since i still have one boxed) for the endor version is 17" high x 20" tall

sith_killer_99
01-21-2010, 08:57 PM
I would buy this!:thumbsup:

I never did get the old version, I wanted it, just never got around to buying one.

Darkross
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Oh yeah! I am looking for at least 2 of these bad boys! They are going to be awesome...just like the BMF! I can't wait...hopefully they'll have pictures of it at Toy Fair.

Blue2th
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
If indeed true, this is another must have, just like the BMF.

I suppose the Speederbike would be just like the Walmart exclusive white ones that came out last year.

Wonder if it will include a new super-articulated General Veers with pull down scope and holographic Vader would be the ultimate icing on the cake!
Electronic sounds and voice saying "I've reached the power generator, the shield will be down in moments, you may start your landing"

Or offer him later pleeze. :yes: though we'll probably just get an AT-AT Commander and have to go through the whole thing again. :rolleyes:

We just got a new AT-AT Driver.
This thing needs to seat 3 at least in the cockpit.

Maerj2000
01-21-2010, 09:39 PM
This is one I don't want to wait for a clearance sale. Better start saving now!

The Space Outlaw
01-24-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm cautious as to what to believe about this until we have some pictures. If it's true and it looks good I'm saving my credits and building Blizzard Force.

Maradona
01-25-2010, 02:14 PM
The "leaked prototype" images of the AT-AT at the otheR Site don't fill me with a lot of hope for this toy being what it could be.

DarkArtist
01-25-2010, 02:48 PM
The "leaked prototype" images of the AT-AT at the otheR Site don't fill me with a lot of hope for this toy being what it could be.

pics look like they were already removed. can't find a pic of it anywhere on the site.

bigbarada
01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
It was in the forums but is on the front page now. If it gets taken down, then we can be pretty sure that it's the real thing. If it doesn't get taken down, then it's authenticity is still up in the air.

I've attached the image, just so everyone doesn't have to go rushing over to Rebelscum.

mtriv73
01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
pics look like they were already removed. can't find a pic of it anywhere on the site.

Nope they're there. There's no paint on it, and it's not the most informative picture in the world, but if it's all true then it meets my expectations for a $100 toy. (I just wish it was a $150 toy.)

pbarnard
01-25-2010, 03:17 PM
The earlier picture had Willrow Hood dropped in for reference scale. Like that means anything!!! You took a digital image with no size reference (other than we know it's 3.75" tall) and superimposed it 2 times without knowing any of the heights.

bigbarada
01-25-2010, 04:19 PM
The earlier picture had Willrow Hood dropped in for reference scale. Like that means anything!!! You took a digital image with no size reference (other than we know it's 3.75" tall) and superimposed it 2 times without knowing any of the heights.

I think that guy was trying to guesstimate the "smallest" that this AT-AT could be. I seem to remember similar Photoshop jobs popping up when the first video stills of the AT-TE surfaced.

Anyways, if this is the toy, then it definitely looks like an improvement. Even if it's not as improved as I hoped it would be. Still I can't wait to see it standing next to some figure.:)

gba88
01-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey Guys,
Something looks off about it.... maybe the head is too big or something. Attached pic for comparison of characteristics. Endor is top right -looks like the back troop section is more accurate.

bigbarada
01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey Guys,
Something looks off about it.... maybe the head is too big or something. Attached pic for comparison of characteristics. Endor is top right -looks like the back troop section is more accurate.

The head is definitely still 'boxy' in comparison to the movie model. In other words the ratio of the head's height in comparison to it's length is off. If the toy head was about 25% longer then it would look more proportional given it's height.

Snowtrooper
01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't know what to think about it. I think its fake, but I'm not 100% certain about that. It seems odd that they would take a picture of it laying on the floor rather than standing up. The legs and head appear to be vintage/POTF2 also. If it was a totally redesigned AT-AT than you ought to see differences between the two, even small ones.

On the other hand, the body appears to be new, the redesigned side hatch giving that away.

If this is the new AT-AT, I'm going to be a bit disappointed. I'd been hoping for a more movie realistic head than the previous versions, which was the real weakness of the old sculpt IMO.

gba88
01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah, predominantly, the head ruins it a little for me. I understand about making room for more than 1 figure, but a smaller head with less capacity would have been an accepted tradeoff to get a more accurately sized head.

Hopefully it will turn out as a fake :)

gba88
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't think the body nor the head is near the vintage design... way too different if you look at http://starwars.taitlifto.net/images/StarWars-Vintage-Vehicle-ATAT-DSC_4547.JPG

Unless someone totally photoshopped it to get rid of vintage traces. Who knows.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2010, 06:47 PM
I think it looks pretty good, for an unpainted prototype lying on the floor. :p With paint and figures next to it, we can make a more informed decision on this. Right now, though, I don't think anyone needs to get worried.

El Chuxter
01-25-2010, 07:01 PM
You didn't zoom in, did you, JJL? You would've seen the sticker on the belly that said, "Press here to transform into giant Imperial Zord with real-feel skin dino-buddy!"

DarkArtist
01-26-2010, 08:10 AM
at the present I can't tell any differences with the leaked picture and that of the Endor Model (except that the leaked has no paint.) the AT-AT still looks the same....

I'll wait till Hasbro confirms and shares a finished picture with the fans before making furthur judgement but for now this looks to be a easy pass for me.

bigbarada
01-26-2010, 09:58 AM
at the present I can't tell any differences with the leaked picture and that of the Endor Model (except that the leaked has no paint.) the AT-AT still looks the same....

I'll wait till Hasbro confirms and shares a finished picture with the fans before making furthur judgement but for now this looks to be a easy pass for me.

Well if you look closely you will see several differences, but I have to admit that there aren't as many as I would have hoped for. At first glance I thought it was just a retooled vintage model as well.

I'm staying optimistic however, there are a couple of angles where the BMF doesn't look so good. So I'm hoping that this AT-AT was just photographed at a bad angle as well.

Also if you pay attention to where the flash reflection is, whoever took this photo had to stand a little ways back and at an angle to get the entire toy in the shot. Otherwise the flash would have probably been right in the center of the photo. That gives me hope that this toy is significantly bigger than the vintage mold.

JediTricks
01-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Ok, this is so weird.

Look at the inside of the legs, first off all you'll notice there ARE insides of the legs. Second, you'll notice there are screw holes and they are much too small to be either the old mold or Galactic Heroes.

Now, granted, my first impression was "head's too big", but then I realized that this is a photo of a test shot, so it's at its worst, and it's been taken at the worst angle for it too. I'm going to wait and see, and I suggest everybody else do so as well. GBA's comparison shows that the head isn't as oversized as the original AT-AT toy. It's shaped like the movie AT-AT, just bulkier, probably to fit a real 3-seater cockpit inside. The body main dimensions are much better than the original. The back door for the speeder bike looks cool. The side has 2 doors, one that hinges up and one that hinges down. Hopefully it will be cool, I don't predict it'll be the home run of the BMF, but it has charm.

Old Fossil
01-27-2010, 12:34 PM
The "body" has a much more defined "hump" to it than the vintage mold. Also there is the neck... looks to be an overall tighter assembly than the vintage one. Hope that allows for greater poseability, so that it can be posed looking up instead of just hanging down all the time, like the old mold.

bigbarada
01-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I'm kind of warming up to this design. Even if the head is still a little boxy (which I must admit I always expected it would be) it's still clearly smaller, in comparison to the body, than the vintage version.

I can't wait to see this from some different angles and standing next to some figures and the new Snowspeeder. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
01-27-2010, 06:40 PM
An "eyewitness" report of the BAT-AT from Toy Fair UK, no pictures of course, on RS:

Rebelscum reader Boba Fatt sends in a report on the highly-anticipated BAT-AT: "Damn, it's HUGE!"

According to this eyewitness account, it looks like a Turbo Tank on legs, with an interior similar to the inside of the Turbo Tank, but with 2 levels, opening doors, a gun rack, and an underside hatch for Luke to slice into. There are 2 strings that come out of a side panel like on a rescue helicopter. The neck seal is rubber, and the head holds 6 figures inside, including General Veers. Plus, the rear opens for a Blizzard Force speeder bike. Still no photos yet, but this matches all previous reports.

I wonder how cramped the head looks with 6 action figures inside? If anything, it should seat 3 figures pretty comfortably.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2010, 06:48 PM
The cockpit looks "flatter" in the interior shots than it does in the exteriors, and all I really want it to do is have seating for two AT-AT Drivers and space behind them for General Veers to stand up. Space for a standing snowtrooper or a mini-holo Vader would just be gravy. I'm sure I'll like whatever they come up with, though.

bigbarada
01-27-2010, 06:49 PM
The cockpit looks "flatter" in the interior shots than it does in the exteriors, and all I really want it to do is have seating for two AT-AT Drivers and space behind them for General Veers to stand up. Space for a standing snowtrooper or a mini-holo Vader would just be gravy. I'm sure I'll like whatever they come up with, though.

Where are you seeing interior shots?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2010, 06:55 PM
I meant from the film. And by flat, I meant the depth is not clear from how it's shot.

JediTricks
01-27-2010, 07:03 PM
So, assuming that info correct, do we think Hasbro can deliver this at $100 or is this gonna be up to $150? My hope is $100, but the legs are more complex than the wheels on the Turbo Tank so that could add a cost factor.

mtriv73
01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
An "eyewitness" report of the BAT-AT from Toy Fair UK, no pictures of course, on RS:

I wonder how cramped the head looks with 6 action figures inside? If anything, it should seat 3 figures pretty comfortably.

There's seating for 4 in the BMF cockpit, but it's quite cramped (especially with Chewie in there.) I'd expect this to be about the same. Should be plenty roomy for 2 drivers, veers and a snowtrooper though.

Snowtrooper
01-27-2010, 08:14 PM
So, assuming that info correct, do we think Hasbro can deliver this at $100 or is this gonna be up to $150? My hope is $100, but the legs are more complex than the wheels on the Turbo Tank so that could add a cost factor.

They should only have to come up with one mold to make all the legs rather than 3 seperate ones like on the AT-TE. That ought to help out on the cost some.

The Space Outlaw
01-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Okay, I think I'm starting to get excited about this. I'd still like to see some pics of the finished product (as would we all, I'm sure) but it looks like I've got some saving to do... Any idea on a release date?

Old Fossil
01-27-2010, 09:36 PM
I guess it would be wrong to raid my child's savings for a couple of these, huh?:twisted:

Maerj2000
01-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Bells and whistles are nice but in some ways I'd rather it not come with any figures or the speeder bike to keep costs down. They could be available seperately. Anyway, it is sounding pretty good and I can't wait to see pics of the final product.

I don't think that I can wait for clearance for this one. If its $100 I may get one right away and wait for clearance to get another one. It depends on how blown away by the final product I am.

JEDIpartner
01-28-2010, 05:01 PM
According to this eyewitness account, it looks like a Turbo Tank on legs, with an interior similar to the inside of the Turbo Tank, but with 2 levels, opening doors, a gun rack, and an underside hatch for Luke to slice into. There are 2 strings that come out of a side panel like on a rescue helicopter. The neck seal is rubber, and the head holds 6 figures inside, including General Veers. Plus, the rear opens for a Blizzard Force speeder bike. Still no photos yet, but this matches all previous reports.

It sounds pretty hot!!!

nohagent
01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
This sounds a bit unbelieveable, unless it comes with like a $300 price tag.uggg

gba88
01-28-2010, 07:39 PM
It that is all true, I'm guessing 150-200 range.... probably something like 179.99.

morpheus282
01-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Yakface and rebelscum are showing pictures of the first four vintage figures and one of them is Veers. Good news for me since the only Veers I can find right now is the vintage Kenner one from 1980.

bigbarada
01-28-2010, 10:01 PM
This sounds a bit unbelieveable, unless it comes with like a $300 price tag.uggg

There's now way Hasbro is going to try to sell this for $300 unless it was close to 4 feet tall. I'm sure it will be well below $200, although I also have trouble believing that it will only cost $100.

Although we've had significant price drops in the line before. Has every forgotten the big 2002 price drop from $6.99 a figure to $4.99 a figure?

Personally, I don't care about the pricetag, I'll buy it the day it comes out. If for some reason it is over $200, then I'll still buy it ASAP, I just might not be able to afford it on release day.

JEDIpartner
01-29-2010, 02:15 PM
I have a feeling they are going to try to sell the snot out of this one, so the price will be somewhere between $100 and (not exceeding) $160. The description of this re-engineered version of the AT-AT has me salivating. It sounds like it will be an amazing toy. As for fitting 6 figures in the cockpit? I'm not convinced of that. I'd say they made it for three and that's it.

My first $20 bill went in the AT-AT fund envelope. :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
01-29-2010, 05:00 PM
My first $20 bill went in the AT-AT fund envelope. :thumbsup:

Good call, I am doing the same thing.:D

JEDIpartner
01-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Seriously, if you start doing that now, you'll have at least $160 by the time it comes out if it arrives in August, which you know it probably won't-- unless they plan to debut it the way they did with the Falcon or the AT-TE. They may hold off on it until October for all we know!

Maradona
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Just saw this, which if true officially confirms, on another site:

TNI: Hasbro Catalog scans of a new AT-AT toy leaked out online a few weeks ago and since then we have heard rumors this toy will be much larger than the old AT-AT toy. Rumors are saying this toy will be almost 3 ft in size, a larger cockpit, come with A AT-AT driver and come with a speeder bike. Can you confirm these specifications, are there any other specification you can provide such as a price point and are there any images you can provide or will this be revealed at Toy Fair next month?

Hasbro: Well, we can confirm that there is indeed a great new AT-AT coming this fall. Set to hit shelves on 8-1, it will be offered at a $99.99 SRP (same as the AT-TE and Turbo Tank) and will be an all-new version, rethought from top to bottom with great new play features, a lot of room for figures, and a huge number of electronic phrases and sounds. It has been designed with both collectors and kids in mind, and we think that it will wow both audiences. As for size, we don't know the exact height off-hand, but it is much bigger than the vintage Kenner version when all three dimensions are considered in person. Look for more details, and photos, at Toy Fair. Bring your tape measure!

Could "much bigger than the vintage Kenner version when all three dimensions are considered in person" imply something disappointing about the size?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, this is pretty great. I know we all expected it, but to get actual confirmation is quite nice. Toy Fair can't get here fast enough!!!

Ando
02-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Could "much bigger than the vintage Kenner version when all three dimensions are considered in person" imply something disappointing about the size?

Possibly. Marketing speak is almost always (IMO) somewhat deceptive and open to interpretation and to be taken with a grain of salt.

It'd be like saying it's a whole foot bigger!!!
(3" taller body+legs, 1" wider on each side, 2" more room in the head/cockpit, and 1.25" bigger feet)!

Or any other number of size increase combinations that add up to whatever they tell us.

I remain hopeful, however, that this AT-AT will be what we would expect after 3 new large vehicles in the last 1 1/2 years. I love the BMF, AT-TE, and the TT and look forward to a couple of these AT-AT's for my future Hoth battle scene diorama. ESB is my favorite movie and I also plan on 2-4 each of the new Snowspeeders as well.

Either way, I am actually quite excited to see what Toy Fair will bring in the way of new Star Wars product.

morpheus282
02-03-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing it's probably 6" taller. As long as it lives up to the hype, I don't care if it's only 3" taller.

El Chuxter
02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
The "when all three dimensions are considered" really makes me think that it won't quite be as big as speculated. It sounds sort of like it's along the lines of, "Oh, crap, people are saying this thing will be three feet tall! We'd better let them down gently."

mabudonicus
02-03-2010, 04:48 PM
"when all 3 dimensions are considered in person"?!?!?!
So basically the dimensions alone would be laughable, but somehow seriously considering it "in person" makes it bigger???
Hasbro has used more and more bafflegab in these Q and As to the extent that I am pretty sure they are less about answering questions and more about massaging perceptions.
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
"I've heard that your new 'foot-long' subs will actually be 12" long as opposed to the previous 'footlongs' which were actually only 9" buns"

"Well, it's too early to get into specifics, but we are confident that when you actually get a chance to eat one, it will seem a lot closer to 12 actual inches than the vintage 'footlong'"

JediTricks
02-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi, are you guys all smoking PCP? You're concentrating on the wrong aspect. They said it will be "MUCH BIGGER". Jeez. If you compared the Kenner Falcon to the BMF only in height, they'd be similar, not impressively different. It's only when taking width and depth into account that it comes into focus as significantly bigger. On the AT-AT, you can see clearly that it's going to be bigger than the Kenner mold by comparing the screws, hinges, and doors.

And keep in mind, even if it were in PERFECT SCALE, it'd only be 4' tall, and the BMF isn't even 3' long, yet it's obviously significant in size.

El Chuxter
02-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I wasn't griping or joking. But if I had designed a larger AT-AT that was, say, eight inches taller than the original (which is nothing to scoff at), and somehow the entire internet was operating on the assumption that it was going to be eighteen inches taller, I'd be doing some damage control, which is what it sounds like Hasbro is doing.

mabudonicus
02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
In that case why not make some kind of mass ratio or something?? The way that answer is worded it sounds almost insulting. 2 lousy questions a month and the height dimension is something they don't have access to "off hand"?? I instantly imagined a sketch on a napkin with the height pencilled in as ~ 3"

"Hey you don't have to make a big deal out of this!!"

Ando
02-03-2010, 06:22 PM
My post wasn't meant to sound like griping or cynical or negative (and for the record, it's Marlboro Lights -- Wife's out of town for work, so I actually am smoking today...).

I know that I will be happy with a new and improved AT-AT. As I have posted numerous times in the past since joining the SSG forums, I am VERY passionate about my commitment to Hasbro's large vehicle program and hope to see it continue into the future as long as someone (Hasbro for now) has the license.

From what we've heard, this new AT-AT will be a huge improvement over the old model and it will be very fun to play with and display.

El Chuxter
02-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I instantly imagined a sketch on a napkin with the height pencilled in as ~ 3"
"It understates the enormity of the AT-AT if it is in danger of being trampled by a dwarf!"

Snowtrooper
02-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Its good to hear the confirmation and that it is indeed an all new AT-AT. I'm more concerned that the head is movie accurate than the overall size(not that the size isn't important). We'll see what she looks like in a few weeks. Can't Wait!!!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I wasn't griping or joking. But if I had designed a larger AT-AT that was, say, eight inches taller than the original (which is nothing to scoff at), and somehow the entire internet was operating on the assumption that it was going to be eighteen inches taller, I'd be doing some damage control, which is what it sounds like Hasbro is doing.
Exactly. The old one is only 18.5" tall, so to expect a 36" version would be beyond wishful thinking, it seems.

SirSteve
02-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Official details from Hasbro just posted in our news (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=60&p2_articleid=2669).

bigbarada
02-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Official details from Hasbro just posted in our news (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=60&p2_articleid=2669).

I guess "more than 24 inches" could still be considered "nearly 3 feet" from a certain point of view. :D

Still, 6 inches taller than the current AT-AT is pretty significant.

Maradona
02-04-2010, 04:41 PM
The width is the most telling dimension for me. This may turn out well. I wonder how long this has been on the Hasbro drawing board.

El Chuxter
02-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Hmmm.... I'm going to be the voice of pee in the Corn Flakes, even though the last thing I want to do is complain. The ratio of length to height sounds pretty good; maybe not perfect, but good. But the height to width ratio is only 2:1. It should be at least 3:1, maybe more (it's tough to find good shots of an AT-AT from a neutral angle that can be easily measured).

This may sound very nitpicky, but we are talking about one massively fat (and/or stubby-legged) AT-AT. For all its shortcomings, the existing one sounds like the relative dimensions are closer to the movie version. If it weren't $100, I might consider it. $100 is the point where I demand perfection, or the closest possible rendition in plastic.

Unfortunately, I realize that, if others share my point of view, this jeopardizes my ever getting a Sail Barge. Sad as that may be, I'd rather get no Sail Barge than have to buy an expensive item that I see as a step backwards and have nowhere to display in order to get a Sail Barge.

Maerj2000
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
The 3 foot tall AT-At was a must buy for me. I'll have to see some pics of this now before I commit to buying this one. They should have done their press release sooner as I think everyone's expectations were getting higher and higher. I'm sure that's why they issued this one now, they saw the buzz online and figured they better get the real info out before too many people get disappointed. Unfortunately it may already be too late.

Maerj2000
02-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Hmmm.... I'm going to be the voice of pee in the Corn Flakes, even though the last thing I want to do is complain. The ratio of length to height sounds pretty good; maybe not perfect, but good. But the height to width ratio is only 2:1. It should be at least 3:1, maybe more (it's tough to find good shots of an AT-AT from a neutral angle that can be easily measured).

This may sound very nitpicky, but we are talking about one massively fat (and/or stubby-legged) AT-AT. For all its shortcomings, the existing one sounds like the relative dimensions are closer to the movie version. If it weren't $100, I might consider it. $100 is the point where I demand perfection, or the closest possible rendition in plastic.

I think that the width of this thing includes the feet, which have little prongs sticking out the sides. That's why it sounds like it could be too wide but taking that into consideration it could be okay.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2010, 05:22 PM

Unfortunately, I realize that, if others share my point of view, this jeopardizes my ever getting a Sail Barge. Sad as that may be, I'd rather get no Sail Barge than have to buy an expensive item that I see as a step backwards and have nowhere to display in order to get a Sail Barge.
Do we need a link to the Snowspeeder thread you started, or is "pot calling the kettle black" good enough? :p

At any rate, the fact that this is 33% taller than the last one is pretty significant (which is apparently the same size upgrade the BMF got). I can't wait to see the actual product; it sounds great.

Maerj2000
02-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I guess I'm really disappointed about this, my 3rd post here on this. Ya know tho... if the main body is huge maybe they could sell a 'premium' set of legs to make it taller? That would be a good compromise.

Okay, I'm done for now.

El Chuxter
02-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Do we need a link to the Snowspeeder thread you started, or is "pot calling the kettle black" good enough? :p

I knew I ran the risk of someone saying that. :) The Snowspeeder ain't $100, though. The Snowspeeder, for me, is going to be a matter of whether the improvement over the old one is worth the price (factoring in that even having one would negate any possible use of my two old ones in any display). The AT-AT will be the same, but increasing the price by $10 to over the three-figure mark, and making the proportions less accurate is a real downer and, at that price, it's far less likely I'll get one.

For me, the AT-AT looks so cool because it's so skinny and unwieldy. Make it a Turbo Tank with stubby legs, and it negates that effect. And there's no reason to believe that the AT-AT can't be made to movie specs on the outside. (I have serious doubts about the scenes with Veers and his Snowtroopers actually being possible in the head of the AT-AT.)

El Chuxter
02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
In fairness, I did just consider that the 12" figure could potentially include something like an open hatch, optional add-on rocket launchers (and we know Hasbro loves that kind of thing), or some other feature. It could also be a typo. If it's not truly as fat and stubby as 12x24 suggests, I'll definitely reconsider.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
As I posted elsewhere, those dimensions do seem sort of wonky, so we'll have to see how it turns out. The image posted by bigbarada looks more or less correct, and it's almost certainly the Hasbro version, and it's at least better than the big-headed chihuahua we currently have for an AT-AT.

I see you just added another post. I agree. Do you really think they'd make it that stubby? That would be suicide.

Maerj2000
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Should we start the "Mail Away for Collector Scale AT-AT Legs" campaign now or later? :D I'd be willing to pay more for legs that are more in scale.

bigbarada
02-04-2010, 06:06 PM
In fairness, I did just consider that the 12" figure could potentially include something like an open hatch, optional add-on rocket launchers (and we know Hasbro loves that kind of thing), or some other feature. It could also be a typo. If it's not truly as fat and stubby as 12x24 suggests, I'll definitely reconsider.

It might be factoring in the guns on the side of the head as well.

Some photos of the vintage AT-AT to illustrate just how much width they would add if included in the measurements:
http://www.landoslocker.com/range_esb/at_at.shtml

According to my quick measurements in Photoshop (and not accounting for perspective and lens distortion), they account for nearly 40% of the width of the entire vintage toy.

JEDIpartner
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I have a feeling it will be better than they describe. We'll know soon enough!!

sith_killer_99
02-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Measuring more than 24 inches tall, nearly 28 inches long, and 12 inches wide, this colossal vehicle holds up to 20 STAR WARS figures 6 of which can fit in its head alone! and includes so many play and electronic features true to its on-screen counterpart that its hard to believe!

This will be worth the $100 price tag!:yes:

28 inches long and 12 inches wide...holy cow!!!:eek:

Darth Jax
02-04-2010, 11:54 PM
if the dimensions are as stated i think i'll be massively disappointed by the AT-AT. i can't see a head that will fit 6 being anywhere near the same scale as the rest of the body. i'll still buy one, but it could keep me from getting the 3 or 4 i was anticipating. i'm willing to wait until actual photos are released to make a more informed decision.

JediTricks
02-05-2010, 12:28 AM

This may sound very nitpicky, but we are talking about one massively fat (and/or stubby-legged) AT-AT. For all its shortcomings, the existing one sounds like the relative dimensions are closer to the movie version. If it weren't $100, I might consider it. $100 is the point where I demand perfection, or the closest possible rendition in plastic.Judging on the Master Replicas version (seen below), you are right on the money at that 3:1 claim. Here's a pic of the MR version (I've extrapolated the midpoint for the bottom since it's not a pic straight on from far enough away):

Now here's what it'd look like at 2 to 1:
Granted, this is obviously an educated guess based on the Master Replicas version's dimensions and could be not remotely accurate, but it begs the question: can we live with that level of change to the design? Granted, Hasbro may have some fudging tricks up their sleeve to force perspective to counteract the visual impact, but it's a big difference. If they go with that width and height on the body, it has a lot of Galactic Heroes chibi styling, so I think they'll have to pull off some forced perspective designing to get it not to look that way, especially with the head already oversized on the one we saw.

That said, the one we saw did have long legs and didn't look fatty fat fatterson the way my images look. I think they did it by pulling back on the taper of the sides of the body, letting more of the height of the body carry it. I would argue that we need to wait and see it, but the next week is going to be very damaging for Hasbro so they should get ahead of it and release a single image from the front.

Unfortunately, I realize that, if others share my point of view, this jeopardizes my ever getting a Sail Barge. Sad as that may be, I'd rather get no Sail Barge than have to buy an expensive item that I see as a step backwards and have nowhere to display in order to get a Sail Barge.That's true, this is a double-edged sword. How much fudging can you accept to make a toy out of it? Too much and there's no reason to buy. Too little and it's impossible to get to market.

JEDIpartner
02-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Or... it might look like this:

CLICK HERE (http://starwars-descriptions.com/images/atatp3.jpg)

Darth Metalmute
02-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Nice find.
It's a shame someone had to stand in front of the head.
It appears that the legs from the vintage version are still used.

JEDIpartner
02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Actually, you are quite mistaken. These legs are all-new. Have a look at the scale with the previously issued model. The detail at the inner portion of the upper-half is different.

CLICK HERE (http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC/TSCendorATATloose.jpg)

and compare it with the new one...

NEW VERSION (http://starwars-descriptions.com/images/atatp3.jpg)

Darth Metalmute
02-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Actually, you are quite mistaken. These legs are all-new. Have a look at the scale with the previously issued model. The detail at the inner portion of the upper-half is different.

I see it now, thanks. On first glance, it didn't look like a change.

DarkArtist
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
i'm loving the way the inside of the AT-AT looks....looks like it has some really cool play features...can't wait to see the pics from Toy Fair...wish i was going this year. oh well.

DarthQuack
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
I could be tempted to get this for $100. I've never owned one before and this would be a good one to pick up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Wow, that looks pretty incredible. Definitely MUCH better than the old one!

As a (somewhat disappointing) aside, the speeder bike being ridden by Cody is yet another use of the old mold, so I assume it's coming with this. Oh well, the rest looks great.

El Chuxter
02-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Where's that pic from? At first, I assumed it was a really well-done custom, but that definitely looks real-dealish. This might wind up being the first supermassive ship I buy. (I never got the Falcon.)

Snowtrooper
02-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Well after reading the dimensions of the new AT-AT and seeing the pic, its starting to get me into a "can't wait" mode. I just hope the head design doesn't disappoint me. When I read that it was 12in wide, I also thought that was a rather odd proportion, but after seeing the pic, its most likely the width at the feet. This has the potential to replace the BMF as the best SW vehicle of all time.

Darth Metalmute
02-05-2010, 02:16 PM
i hope they make the legs a little longer in the final mold. They look a little short. Maybe it's just the stance. Not that it looks bad, just looks like the one from the Robot Chicken sketch where they race and gallup.

bigbarada
02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Very cool! :thumbsup: Just look at how tiny that Obi-Wan figure is next to its foot!

Does someone have a photo of a figure standing next to the foot of the vintage AT-AT to give us an idea of how massive this thing will be?

Ando
02-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Does someone have a photo of a figure standing next to the foot of the vintage AT-AT to give us an idea of how massive this thing will be?

JEDIPartner posted a link to a comparison pic of the 2006 TRU release on the previous page (or the one before that...).

sith_killer_99
02-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Very cool! :thumbsup: Just look at how tiny that Obi-Wan figure is next to its foot!

Yeah, just check out the comparison shots JP posted. Both AT-AT's have figures standing next to the feet.:razz:

bigbarada
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Whoops, I didn't even wait for that pic of the Endor AT-AT to load up, I just saw the old head and closed it out because I was too excited to see the photo of the new AT-AT.:o

Considering that this will be a $100 toy and the last AT-AT rerelease cost $90, this is a very significant upgrade! :cool:

sith_killer_99
02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Whoops, I didn't even wait for that pic of the Endor AT-AT to load up, I just saw the old head and closed it out because I was too excited to see the photo of the new AT-AT.:o

Hehehe...:laugh:

Considering that this will be a $100 toy and the last AT-AT rerelease cost $90, this is a very significant upgrade! :cool:

Yeah, that's my take on it, I never bought to old one, at $90.00 a pop I was hesitent. With the new upgrades and at just $10.00 over the retail of the old version this is a done deal for me.:D

morpheus282
02-05-2010, 07:00 PM
There's another pic on that site, and you can see most of the head.

http://www.starwars-descriptions.com/merchandise/hasbro/hasbrogeruechteatat.php#03c1989cf90def504

The only thing that worries me is that it looks like there's a gun turret on the front of the AT-AT's body. I don't think I like that. Hopefully there won't be a gaping hole if it's removed. I'm also hoping the neck is posable and doesn't have to rest at that angle.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2010, 07:04 PM
That link is screwy, so here (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2700/4332763123_6f355e4326_o.jpg) is the shot. What are those gray straps on the neck? And it doesn't look like it can fit six figures in there, but if they say it can, then we'll see.

JEDIpartner
02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I couldn't see the picture. It's bringing up a bad page error. The second shot... I see what you are saying, but it looks more like those actually flip out of the body. See the first picture-- the one I posted.

TheDarthVader
02-05-2010, 07:10 PM
This thing is simply amazing. If it is going to be $100, then count me in!

Ando
02-05-2010, 07:18 PM
That link is screwy, so here (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2700/4332763123_6f355e4326_o.jpg) is the shot. What are those gray straps on the neck? And it doesn't look like it can fit six figures in there, but if they say it can, then we'll see.

Looks like a sneaky spy shot with that angle...

We'll know more in a couple weeks after/during Toy Fair whether it can hold 6 figures, but I think it will.

Darkross
02-05-2010, 09:15 PM
This looks awsome! Can't wait to see more detailed pics at Toy Fair. Definitely going to get at least 2 of these when they come out! One to flank each side of my surround system!

jonthejedi
02-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Looks like two levels inside the main body. Funny it's displayed with SL Ep. II clonetroopers. I guess Hasbro can't find the Empire wave at retail, either.

Val Da Car
02-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Oh My Goodness....I will spend some time on this picture but it is a sneak shot...nice resolution...and will be very cool to see next week.

Is there a preview night at Toy Faire to get a picture out early.

JediTricks
02-06-2010, 04:57 PM
The head is oversized from scale, but it looks like they kept the width of the body wider than the head, so it doesn't ruin perspective too much. You can see a railing in the head, it's going to be a big sucker! I think the head is carrying some of the extra size underneath so it doesn't overcrowd the body, that's a good call. The width doesn't look particularly out of scale compared to my mockup, but we'll definitely need to wait 1 more week to be sure.

All in all, the size looks great, the rappelling troop rope is cool, the interior layout is nothing like I expected, the flip-out cannons on top seem like a fun idea and a good use of an existing panel configuration, and this thing cements the abject pitifulness that is the original.

Kind of a lameo pose for it though, I'm guessing based on the use of Clone Wars figures that the European Toy Fair team that set this up didn't really have a good handle on what to do with it.

mabudonicus
02-06-2010, 05:19 PM
The pose for some reason made me think immediately of that old "hoth playset" (the one that re-used tha land of the jawas base with the crummy cardboard back) and the ridiculous pose the AT AT depicted on that was in
I had bothe playsets, somehow only those

Ando
02-07-2010, 02:29 AM
The pose in the picture makes it look (IMO) kinda "floppy", especially with the angle(s) of theaters picture(s) and the head - at least what we can see of it - facing downward.

I seriously cannot wait to see more detailed pictures of this, let alone get my hands on one!

I really like the troop doors that open up into platforms. I modified my current AT-AT with a piece of the rappelling cord from one of my gunships to make the troop door act as a platform instead of just flopping all the way down. Hopefully the added foot pegs ala the AT-TE's rear door/platform.

JediTricks
02-08-2010, 04:54 PM
I really can't imagine the Hasbro team that delivered the fantastic BMF and AT-TE to make the same screwup that has plagued the existing AT-AT toy for the last 30 years now.

Turbowars
02-09-2010, 10:48 PM
So far from what I am seeing it looks great! I think 7" taller, 7" wider and about 6" longer is a pretty good improvement for $100 bucks. They got the feet right with all 4 toes and the ankle strut. I wonder about the door on the belly that is open. One other thing is I hope the head doesn't hang down like the Vintage one. I did find a way for the head on the vintage unit to stay level, so maybe I can with the new one.

morpheus282
02-09-2010, 11:05 PM
I did find a way for the head on the vintage unit to stay level, so maybe I can with the new one.

Me too - a AA battery stuffed between the neck and the head. Works perfectly.

Slicker
02-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Looks the same as the last one and since everyone seems to have had a problem with that one I see the complaining starting on this as soon as it hits stores.

Turbowars
02-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Looks the same as the last one and since everyone seems to have had a problem with that one I see the complaining starting on this as soon as it hits stores.
Sure it looks like the 1st one because it's the same ship. What did you want it to look like? MR AT-AT? It's a toy. I think many are forgetting that. I think it look cool.

Slicker
02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Sure it looks like the 1st one because it's the same ship. What did you want it to look like? MR AT-AT? It's a toy. I think many are forgetting that. I think it look cool.I realize it's the same toy but to me it looks like they just added some flaps to it and called it a day. I guess only time will tell.

JEDIpartner
02-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Well, if you look at the two different pictures I posted, you can tell that's not what they did at all...

Turbowars
05-10-2010, 12:52 AM
New pic of the painted AT-AT

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/TK-412/atat_loose.jpg

El Chuxter
05-10-2010, 12:55 AM
But why does it come with Deadpool?

Turbowars
05-10-2010, 12:58 AM
But why does it come with Deadpool?
Deadpool??

El Chuxter
05-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Yeah, in the picture. He's sitting in the backseat. :)

Slicker
05-10-2010, 08:56 AM
To me it's still the original AT-AT just upsized. I was hoping they'd get rid of the ridiculously oversized head by doing away with the "firing" chin gun gimmick.

Devo
05-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Its another blandy Mcblandster vehicle paintjob as is now the Hasbro standard. Still, looking forward to it. I came to terms with the fact that the interiors were clearly not based on the cross sections diagrams as I first hoped they would be. The head is oversized to the body but at least the body is now shaped more accurately. And I'd rather a bigger head to fit more figures anyway.

El Chuxter
05-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Concerns about unnecessary Deadpool figures aside, can you pose two of these new AT-AT's as if they're, um, mating?

Darth Metalmute
05-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Concerns about unnecessary Deadpool figures aside, can you pose two of these new AT-AT's as if they're, um, mating?

Well it looks as if you can get the front one down on it's knee joints and then.....
wait why am I answering this?

bigbarada
05-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm really happy to see that the paint job is not overdone with ridiculous "weathering" spray apps. They never look right and are almost always too dark. For those who want weathering, it's easy enough to add it on yourself. It's much more difficult to actually remove poorly done paint apps that have been applied at the factory.

Dangit! After the Toy Fair photos I had pretty much convinced myself that I was NOT going to buy this; but images like this are going to make it very difficult to pass up.

Brian_Fortuna
05-18-2010, 05:10 AM
Big chunk of change, but I'm getting this thing for sure. Fell in love with the walkers in the theater in the 80's, so I can't pass this up:).

Snowtrooper
05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm really happy to see that the paint job is not overdone with ridiculous "weathering" spray apps. They never look right and are almost always too dark. For those who want weathering, it's easy enough to add it on yourself. It's much more difficult to actually remove poorly done paint apps that have been applied at the factory.

Dangit! After the Toy Fair photos I had pretty much convinced myself that I was NOT going to buy this; but images like this are going to make it very difficult to pass up.

I was kinda hoping for a little more grease and ooze on the thing, but it still looks great. Theres no question, I will be buying this thing. Can't wait for August to come.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-21-2010, 06:55 PM
After looking at the pictures Hasbro released (as seen on SSG), I noticed that the speeder bike actually has the correct horizontal handlebars, and no bag on the back . . . is this a re-use of the AOTC mold that they thought was lost? If so, then why no mention of it anywhere in the numerous times we asked about it? I'd love for them to run this one in the ROTJ brown as well.

DarkJedi5
05-21-2010, 07:52 PM
After looking at the pictures Hasbro released (as seen on SSG), I noticed that the speeder bike actually has the correct horizontal handlebars, and no bag on the back . . . is this a re-use of the AOTC mold that they thought was lost? If so, then why no mention of it anywhere in the numerous times we asked about it? I'd love for them to run this one in the ROTJ brown as well.

Well the "lost" mold has already resurfaced in the Clone Wars line, check out pics of Plo Koon and his speederbike in the deluxe line.

El Chuxter
05-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Maybe it was "lost" in that it fell behind a desk and everyone was too lazy to reach back there and get it?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Well the "lost" mold has already resurfaced in the Clone Wars line, check out pics of Plo Koon and his speederbike in the deluxe line.
The Plo Koon version looks to actually be a repaint of the 2003 Clone Wars version (http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03cwclonetrooperbike.asp). I'd forgotten that it had those differences, like the different front, the added boxy thing at the back, and the hole for the blaster on top. The AT-AT speeder bike doesn't have any of these things. I'm guessing that the 2003 one was a different, modified mold based on the 2002 one, that they still have the 2003 mold, but the 2002 one is a mystery (even moreso with the AT-AT one).

Turbowars
05-24-2010, 12:36 AM
You guys are going to love this!!http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u153/pflueger6740/vr7f.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Holy crap, that is insanely massively awesome. Where did you find that picture, assuming you didn't take it?

morpheus282
05-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Holy crap! If I wasn't planning on getting one before then that picture sealed it for me.

El Chuxter
05-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Hmmm.... Did Hasbro massively understate the dimensions somewhere? I've got to admit, even I'm tempted, and I wasn't even willing to get the Falcon for more than $50.

Snowtrooper
05-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Very nice comparison shot. You can get a true appreciation of this beasts scale. This makes it even harder to wait for August.

I think the picture illustrates the correct dimensions. If I'm not mistaken, the old AT-AT was 18" tall while the new one is 24" and it looks like theres about a 6" difference between the two.

JediTricks
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
The hoses are different too.

El Chuxter
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
I honestly read that as "the hoes are different too."

Turbowars
05-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Holy crap, that is insanely massively awesome. Where did you find that picture, assuming you didn't take it?
The pic is from RS and no it's not mine. Thought you would like to see this beauty! It's massive. Even though I put a tape measure next to the old one showing it 7-9 inches taller I wasn't sure just how big overall it would be. I'm very happy and if Hasbro would had promoted it with the old one standing next to it I think even more collectors would had been all over it. At RS there's nothing bunch a bunch of cry babies talking about how the head is too big and what not.

bigbarada
05-24-2010, 06:53 PM
The head is too big! Hasbro sucks! They are killing Star Wars! Fire Daryl DePriest! :mad::mad::mad:

Does that pretty much sum up 90% of the posts on that other site? :)

Anyways, I was probably 30-40% sure that I would buy this based on the Toy Fair photos. Then I saw the recent hi-res Hasbro image and that made me about 80% sure that I would buy it. However, based on this most recent photo, I'm definitely going to get one. 100% sure, as soon as it is released, it is mine! :pleased:

Turbowars
05-24-2010, 06:58 PM
The head is too big! Hasbro sucks! They are killing Star Wars! Fire Daryl DePriest! :mad::mad::mad:

Does that pretty much sum up 90% of the posts on that other site? :)

Anyways, I was probably 30-40% sure that I would buy this based on the Toy Fair photos. Then I saw the recent hi-res Hasbro image and that made me about 80% sure that I would buy it. However, based on this most recent photo, I'm definitely going to get one. 100% sure, as soon as it is released, it is mine! :pleased:
Yeah dude I stay away from the Hasbro threads or I skim though just looking for new pics. Thats what i was doing when I found this new pic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2010, 07:17 PM
In that same thread, I found this site (http://www.mtv.com/photos/star-wars-toys-unboxing-hasbros-mega-at-at/1639602/4876721/photo.jhtml), which has some cool "unboxing" photos. It looks like the weathering will be stickers, so you can do as much or as little as you want. Pictures 4 and 5 confirm that it'll be the 2002 speeder bike mold and, compared to the driver figure, this thing is freakin' HUGE.

Turbowars
05-24-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sure some of the weathering is painted on. The stickers are just to add more.

Darth Jax
05-24-2010, 07:35 PM
stickers or not, the thing is big enough that i don't care if the dimensions of the head are skewed. i want one now, i don't wanna wait, i want it now.

AmanaMatt
05-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I am getting one, without question. Very impressive overall

Maerj2000
05-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Wow! Guess we'll have to use our old AT-ATs as background vehicles in the distance now?

JediTricks
05-27-2010, 03:49 AM
Wow, that unboxing set is really cool, and I never expected assembly to be like dat! And there indeed is the '02 Saga bike!!! Swank

AmanaMatt
05-27-2010, 11:07 AM
That bike is so not a draw for me....we really need a new one, but I agree, those umboxing pics are cool - not how I imagined it...lol

The Space Outlaw
05-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Man, I MUST have one of these!!!! August, was it? Can't get here fast enough!!!11!

JEDIpartner
06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
NEW INFO FOR EVERYONE!

VIDEO REVIEW ONE: CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSZwd5OmHJg)

VIDEO REVIEW TWO: CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97bLdNdutGk)

Snowtrooper
06-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice vids. I'm not sure what to think about the phrases, though. I think I would have preferred actual movie lines, with a little EU mixed in here and there. I'm also wondering if the "Vintage" version might end up having different lines from this release. Oh well, its not going to deter me from buying this behemoth.

JEDIpartner
06-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I doubt that the product would be different. That would actually cost extra money. Still, I think it's fine in every way!!!

Snowtrooper
06-15-2010, 09:49 PM
It was wishful thinking.

Snowtrooper
06-25-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't know if anyone is interested, but HTS has the AT-AT up for preorder, for $99. The shipping is around $18, but SW2010 would take a little over half of that. The delivery date is listed as July 26.

Maradona
06-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks. Just ordered 2.

DarthQuack
06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks. Just ordered 2.

Wanna order me 2? ;)

Maradona
06-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I wanted to support the BIG vehicles, so I had in mind buying 2 at full price (or around there). I'll pick more up as they start getting cleared out at the end of the year. I still remember how many half price AT-TEs I saw a year after they came out. Still waiting for half price Turbo Tanks, though I doubt I'd want more than one more.

borisfan84
06-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Half price Turbo Tanks have already come and gone. These were reduced to $50.00 the week after Christmas at most Wal-Marts. Target even reduced theirs to at least 30% off here in Tennessee.

bigbarada
06-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Half price Turbo Tanks have already come and gone. These were reduced to $50.00 the week after Christmas at most Wal-Marts. Target even reduced theirs to at least 30% off here in Tennessee.

All the Turbo Tanks around here disappeared back in January. I don't think they were ever marked down at all. I never bought one, but I don't really regret it either. The AT-TE is the only one that I wish I had a chance to buy another one at half-price.

morpheus282
06-25-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't know if anyone is interested, but HTS has the AT-AT up for preorder, for $99. The shipping is around $18, but SW2010 would take a little over half of that. The delivery date is listed as July 26.

Shipping isn't bad, but tax + shipping kills it for me. I'll wait for it to hit the shelf.

All the Turbo Tanks around here disappeared back in January. I don't think they were ever marked down at all. I never bought one, but I don't really regret it either. The AT-TE is the only one that I wish I had a chance to buy another one at half-price.

Same here. I passed on at least 10 of the turbo tank on 12/26 for half price, but I'd love to find another AT-TE.

Maradona
06-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Shipping isn't bad, but tax + shipping kills it for me. I'll wait for it to hit the shelf.

Tax is at a few decimal points under 10% here in California, highest in the nation I believe. If I can get that waived, I'm glad. The AT-ATs should shipping in their cases, if HTS maintains this policy, which, along with the offer code, also drew me in.

morpheus282
06-26-2010, 01:08 PM
TN sales tax is somewhere around 9.5%, I never can keep the decimals straight on that. There's no state income tax though so it doesn't hurt that bad.

DarthQuack
07-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Saw a picture of the new AT-AT in Vintage packaging.....damn that looks great....TRU Exclusive I think.....May hold out for that one.

bkusna
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Does look sweet....box art is right on.....does it come with extra figures?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Does look sweet....box art is right on.....does it come with extra figures?
No, just the speeder bike and AT-AT Driver, like the regular release.

I'm waiting to get this for Christmas, so I think I'll also hold out for the vintage box (even though I'll be opening). That's amazingly sweet.

Turbowars
07-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Here you guys go.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2010, 12:10 AM
I saw this at Target today, so it's definitely out there at more places than just TRU. The box was ginormous.

JediTricks
07-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Hasbro was generous enough to let us shoot the TRU-exclusive packaging at Comic-Con from all sides, and they brilliantly reproduced the white cardboard style art of the '80s original but updated for this new version:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/exclusives/p35086-star-wars.html
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/exclusives/p35087-star-wars.html
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/exclusives/p35088-star-wars.html
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/exclusives/p35089-star-wars.html
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/exclusives/p35090-star-wars.html
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/exclusives/p35091-star-wars.html
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/exclusives/p35092-star-wars.html

TheDarthVader
07-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Saw a picture of the new AT-AT in Vintage packaging.....damn that looks great....TRU Exclusive I think.....May hold out for that one.

When is THAT box going to be released? I like it much better.

Snowtrooper
07-31-2010, 09:59 PM
At TRU.com, its listed as vintage action figure vehicle. It currently out of stock and I don't know if it was ever in stock. Since its listed, I'd imagine it won't be long before its available.

JediTricks
07-31-2010, 10:37 PM
When is THAT box going to be released? I like it much better.
In my interview with Derryl last week, he said they're going to try to get it onto shelves by September, but it could be October the same as the little-wing TIE Fighter and the Snowspeeder in similar boxes.

TheDarthVader
08-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks. I am going to wait for that box because it is a work of art. Its the most beautiful vehicle box that I have ever seen.

El Chuxter
08-02-2010, 02:14 PM
And I am going to wait for whichever box hits $40 first. :D

(What? It's awesome, but I really don't need another AT-AT.)

mtriv73
08-02-2010, 03:11 PM
And I am going to wait for whichever box hits $40 first. :D

(What? It's awesome, but I really don't need another AT-AT.)

I'm not going to wait for clearance, but the past few years I haven't paid full price for any of the big three vehicles (and I haven't had to wait long to find them seriously discounted.)

El Chuxter
08-02-2010, 03:20 PM
The only one I missed (and the only one I would've gotten at all) was the BMF. The others, I've seen as low as $30 at Ross. I doubt the AT-AT will make it there, though.

sonofsokol
08-02-2010, 03:33 PM
I ordered this off Target.com yesterday for $99.99 with free shipping. I figured it'd be better than driving around trying to elude the other fansand the scalpers in my area. I paid full price for the Turbo Tank, but not the AT-TE or the TRU exclusive Crumb Bomber Gunship, so I don't mind paying full price for this. However, if they happen to go on sale before my return period at Target runs out...:lipsrsealed:

JediTricks
08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
I saw the regular packaged version in person at Target yesterday, they had it on the bottom shelf and slightly behind the Toy Story sidekick hanger, but holy crap was it wild to see that big box just sitting there. I didn't buy it though as I have it on my birthday list and had already spent too much moolah on other cool stuff.

As for clearances on the big ships, I got the BMF for my birthday in '08 when it was full price, but I picked up the AT-TE last year on sale at TRU for $50. The Turbo Tank I didn't buy at any price. The Clone Wars Y-wing I picked up at Target's price of $5 or $10 above MSRP, with birthday money.

DarkJedi5
08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Because I would love to see a Sail Barge I will always support the big vehicles that I have interest in at full price. I guess I could save the cash but I really consider it an investment in future cool stuff.

Snowtrooper
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I preordered mine off of HTS mid July(got a little impatient), and it finally showed up yesterday. I put it together and......WOW!!! This is truly an amazing vehicle. I'd seen pictures of how large it was and knew the dimensions of it, but you really don't realize how enormous it is, until you see it in front of you. I was going to put it on the living room shelf, but theres no way its going to fit. There is not much to complain about here and the biggest one is not with the AT-AT, but with the speeder bike(too rubbery). One of the best toys ever made. It'll make you feel like a kid again.

morpheus282
08-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Saw the AT-AT @ Target ths weekend. Didn't grab it yet, but will soon. The vehicles were on sale for $19.99 ($5 off) so I grabbed the snowspeeder. I almost changed my mind before getting to the checkout and I'm so glad I didn't. This has got to be one of if not the absolute best smallish size ships that Hasbro has ever released. If you're planning on getting the AT-AT, you've got to get the snowspeeder to go with it. It's just that good.

bigbarada
08-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Still haven't seen an AT-AT anywhere, but I've been too busy to drive out of town to look for it. However I did learn that my Walmart is expecting a massive GM truck tonight (4300 pieces verses about 1500-1700 on a normal night), so I'm hoping that a chunk of that is for the big Star Wars reset.

sonofsokol
08-05-2010, 10:36 AM
On Sunday I found the BAT-AT in stock at Target.com with free shipping, so I went ahead and ordered one figuring it was better than driving all over town. I like the fun of the hunt, but the A/C in my Civic is broken and the 90 degree weather takes its toll. Then yesterday evening, I went to Toys R Us with my wife and kids to get a birthday present for one of our nieces. While my wife was in Barbie section, my boys and I wandered over to the Star Wars aisle. I had actually stopped at this same location on my way home from work, so I did not expect to see anything that was not there just hours earlier, but my 5 year old wanted to check anyway. As we were inspecting the new RC Hailfire droid, a TRU employee brought a cart out with a BAT-AT to put on the shelf. :shocked::shocked::shocked: I debated buying it and then returning the one I had ordered to Target, but decided to leave it for the next BAT-AT hunter. We sat on the floor and studied the box for about 10 minutes with jaws agape. After my wife found what she needed, she came over to find us. She was a little surprised to see her husband and 2 sons sitting on the floor at Toys R Us until she saw what we were looking at. She could see the internal struggle I was having between buying it and waiting for it to arrive. The box is very impressive and is HUGE. It will be really fun to see the Vintage-style packaging on the shelves, assuming they actually stay on the shelves for any amonut of time. I expect they'll be pretty hard to find, but who knows. So that was my BAT-AT adventure last night.

DarkArtist
08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I spotted 10 of these guys last night at the Target in Milltown NJ and was so tempted to get one but refrained from buying it at the moment...hoping to snag on of the exclusive Vintage packaging ones from TRU, plus trying to save some cash for CV next next.

I was able to get the BMF at 20% off at a TRU going out of business sale so that was nice. it was already marked down to $75 and then an additional 20% off on top of that...

The AT-TE was on sale on Walmart.com for $65.99 with free shipping the year it cam out so my wife grabbed that for me as an Christmas gift....missed oout on the Turbo Tank and almost caved in at the $45.00 price tag at Walmart once but held off...haven't seen it since...

not sure if I'm going to wait on a clearence for the AT-AT....don't want to miss out on it especially if i can find one of the vintage packages.

JEDIpartner
08-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Saw the AT-AT @ Target ths weekend. Didn't grab it yet, but will soon. The vehicles were on sale for $19.99 ($5 off) so I grabbed the snowspeeder. I almost changed my mind before getting to the checkout and I'm so glad I didn't. This has got to be one of if not the absolute best smallish size ships that Hasbro has ever released. If you're planning on getting the AT-AT, you've got to get the snowspeeder to go with it. It's just that good.

I'm waiting for my AT-AT to ship from Entertainment Earth. I had a $15 off coupon and that basically got rid of the shipping. Their price on the unit would be what I'd pay for it plus tax at a brick and mortar, so I just went for it. I haven't seen it anywhere in the Cleveland area, so it's either not been put out or I'm missing the tag or location and it's sold out.

I have such horrible luck finding things that I am just buying on the 'net these days.

The reason I quoted your post, Morpheus, is that I totally agree with you about the snowspeeder. It truly is a work of art 'cos they managed to make it a good toy and they also gave you the parts to make it movie accurate and kinda customisable. I also love that there is someplace to put Luke's gappling hook gun-- regardless of how pointless that gun is if you get the new AT-AT.

El Chuxter
08-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I've seen a few.

It still looks cool, but not as cool as a Masterpiece Grimlock will be once those stinkin' things start showing up.

mtriv73
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Finally saw 2 of them in the wild today at TRU. I may pay full price for it, but I won't be buying it (or anything I can find elsewhere) at TRU since they're gouging on the price of the vintage figures.

AmanaMatt
08-06-2010, 01:32 AM
My local Target put everything out today, so picked up the At-At for the full price....overall, awesome vehicle and a great update. Really appreciate the newly scaled Snowspeeder now as they two look great together.....

morpheus282
08-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Went back to the same Target yesterday, every AT-AT was sold. I'm sure this thing will be shipping until sometime around Christmas, so I'm not panicing... yet. They did have Dak in stock, so now my snowspeeder is completely ready to go. They did a great job of making sure that his hands fit the harpoon controls. I may not get the AT-AT for a couple more months, but the snowspeeder will keep me happy until then. :love:

The reason I quoted your post, Morpheus, is that I totally agree with you about the snowspeeder. It truly is a work of art 'cos they managed to make it a good toy and they also gave you the parts to make it movie accurate and kinda customisable. I also love that there is someplace to put Luke's gappling hook gun-- regardless of how pointless that gun is if you get the new AT-AT.

The grappler holder lets you recreate the "about to get squished" scene, so I wouldn't say it's pointless. The only thing I truly don't like about it is the cartoonish firing version of the harpoon gun. If that were the only version that came packaged with the vehicle, I would have quickly passed it over.

Snowtrooper
08-07-2010, 12:00 PM

Having the snowspeeder go with this thing is almost a must. Its hard to resist putting the firing cannons on it, flying over, and taking pot shots at the AT-AT.

morpheus282
08-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Ordered the AT-AT from TRU last night. If all goes well, in about a week I'll be able to see first hand what this puppy has to offer.

jonthejedi
08-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Question for anyone who has one opened...did theirs have a small knot in the line Luke uses(out of the center flip-down hatch) down near the plastic clip to rappel up. Thought it was funny someone added this little notch.

bkusna
08-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Question for anyone who has one opened...did theirs have a small knot in the line Luke uses(out of the center flip-down hatch) down near the plastic clip to rappel up. Thought it was funny someone added this little notch.

i've got three At-Ats opened and they all have this notch...i first thought it was there to use as a step but now i think it's there to stop the wenching mechanism...or its like your favorite pair of sweats where the damn string ties get lost in the hole and ends up by your rear :laugh::laugh::laugh:

morpheus282
08-12-2010, 09:19 PM
The AT-AT arrived yesterday, it's nothing short of amazing. I'm not crazy about the "ear" guns, but they'll do. I also didn't put most of the labels on and left the view-master looking things off the screen in the cockpit and the crew area. The window looking back into the speeder bike bay and the trench in the crew area are details I didn't expect. Definately worth the price.

jonthejedi
08-13-2010, 05:26 AM
It's hard to get a snowtrooper posed to look like he's coming out of that recessed area hanging on to the ladder(even harder with 1 foot up like he's climbing up), but it's do-able.

Darth Metalmute
08-13-2010, 09:31 AM
The AT-AT arrived yesterday, it's nothing short of amazing. I'm not crazy about the "ear" guns, but they'll do. I also didn't put most of the labels on and left the view-master looking things off the screen in the cockpit and the crew area. The window looking back into the speeder bike bay and the trench in the crew area are details I didn't expect. Definately worth the price.

I saw it yesterday on sale for 89.99 at TRU. I swear I stared at it for 15 minutes before I felt guilty about spending that much on it and left without it.
I think you just sold me on it.

JEDIpartner
08-17-2010, 09:06 PM
I just got mine from TRU.com. It was shipped yesterday and arrived today!! HOLY CRAP!!!

What an absolutely amazing toy this is! I'm glad I got it during their sale, though. :)

morpheus282
08-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Amazon had it on sale at the same time, would have been almost $10 less for me since doesn't charge tax. Didn't see that until I'd placed the order with TRU though.

If anyone isn't sold on this sucker yet, it's the coolest toy Habro has released to date. The new snowspeeder is a close second though. :D

I've got it sitting on top of my bookshelf, it almost hits the ceiling. The new AT-ST can fit entirely underneath it. It's just huge and freaking awesome. If you haven't already, go buy one.

bigbarada
08-18-2010, 09:26 AM
I bought this last week and it's just an amazing toy. I still can't get over how massive it is.

The AT-AT was THE toy that truly started my obsession with Star Wars. Before seeing the commercials for the Kenner toy back in the early 80s, I always liked Star Wars, but it wasn't really anything special and I didn't really hold it in any higher regard when compared to the cartoon shows that I liked to watch back then. However, seeing Kenner's AT-AT on TV changed everything. Suddenly it was all I could think about. However, I would never actually see the toy in person until I was in high school and by then I was pretty disappointed by how malformed and dinky it was. I used to always imagine owning the toy before then and I actually would have dreams about it. This new Hasbro AT-AT is much closer than the Kenner AT-AT to the toy that I imagined as a kid.

JEDIpartner
08-18-2010, 09:56 AM
I agree with you 100%. I picked up the POTF2 AT-AT for $10 from a friend a couple years ago. I was pleased with it for what it was, but it seemed like it should've been a better toy. I got mine yesterday and felt so goofy inside as I put it together. Seeing all the pieces in the box made my heart leap, but, with each piece being put assembled, I started to really see how it was all coming together and I felt such joy. They did an amazing job designing and engineering this. I really felt like a kid again!

I was such a weirdo, but I took a Sharpie and wrote my name and the date inside the front part of the vehicle before I snapped it into place.

morpheus282
08-18-2010, 11:48 AM
I bought this last week and it's just an amazing toy. I still can't get over how massive it is.

The AT-AT was THE toy that truly started my obsession with Star Wars. Before seeing the commercials for the Kenner toy back in the early 80s, I always liked Star Wars, but it wasn't really anything special and I didn't really hold it in any higher regard when compared to the cartoon shows that I liked to watch back then. However, seeing Kenner's AT-AT on TV changed everything. Suddenly it was all I could think about. However, I would never actually see the toy in person until I was in high school and by then I was pretty disappointed by how malformed and dinky it was. I used to always imagine owning the toy before then and I actually would have dreams about it. This new Hasbro AT-AT is much closer than the Kenner AT-AT to the toy that I imagined as a kid.

Don't forget that the massively oversized snowspeeder looked rediculous next to the massively undersized AT-AT. I got the snowspeeder for Christmas the same year that my neighbor got the AT-AT. Of course later that day we tried to recreate the battle of Hoth with the result being something along the lines of "well that's not going to work..."

El Chuxter
08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
You guys are really making me reconsider my "the AT-AT and Snowspeeder aren't perfect, but I have no space, and I don't want to drop almost $140 (after taxes) on vehicles I already have" stance.

Maybe I'll go for the full vintage nostalgia thing and do what I did years ago: ask everyone for them for Christmas, and cross my fingers that no one gets me an Ahsoka Tano figure instead because they figure I like Star Wars.

JEDIpartner
08-18-2010, 01:22 PM
I really haven't a clue where I am going to stow this monster, but I cannot express what a thrill it is to have this in my collection.

Ando
08-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I really haven't a clue where I am going to stow this monster, but I cannot express what a thrill it is to have this in my collection.

I have mine standing next to the couch between the arm rest and the end table, sort of hidden away. I need to find a better place for it, but it's just too dang big!

JEDIpartner
08-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Since I just got mine yesterday, it's by the TV with my snowspeeder. I'm sure my partner will give me a few with it out in the open before he decides it needs to be put into the "bad day room". LOL

Darth Metalmute
08-18-2010, 04:32 PM
I ended up getting it from TRU.com with free shipping and the 10 dollar discount. I used a couple of member coupons as well.

I knew it was supposed to be big, but I never thought it would be THIS big. Holy Cow, it's taller than my dog. I can't wait to throw some batteries in it. My only flaw with it is that the chin guns are manual pump. Other than that, the thing is perfect.

morpheus282
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
You guys are really making me reconsider my "the AT-AT and Snowspeeder aren't perfect, but I have no space, and I don't want to drop almost $140 (after taxes) on vehicles I already have" stance.

Just do it, you'll be glad you did.

JEDIpartner
08-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Apparently the AT-AT in the vintage box has been found for $109.99 at a TRU in Arizona. It's always Arizona, isn't it?

CLICK HERE FOR THE STORY (http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/story/tru-vintage-found)

DarthQuack
08-20-2010, 08:30 PM
^^^I want one of those....

bkusna
08-29-2010, 02:14 AM
If you haven't purchased the AT-AT yet, you better do it now before the price goes up....TRU has them for $109.99 and now walmart.com has them for $108.94:sad:http://www.walmart.com/ip/STARWARS-3.75-SUPER-DELUXE/14169930

Chaddymac
10-06-2010, 09:17 AM
This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone tried dissassembling the walker? The thing is huge and I'd like the break it down for storage, yet I think it might be one-time assembly (wish it had said so in the instructions...). Even if I could just disconnect the head unit, it would be helpful for getting it into a decent sized box. Any ideas?

JEDIpartner
10-06-2010, 01:45 PM
The pieces lock together. I think that, should you be able to break it apart and reassemble it a few times, you will, ultimately, just break it.

JediTricks
10-06-2010, 05:16 PM
I tried to take the legs off, as it was mentioned in Q&A by Hasbro that it was technically possible though not designed to, but what I found is that they absolutely won't come off without destructive force applied. The head/neck system is well-locked in place and I doubt can ever come off.

Chaddymac
10-06-2010, 06:52 PM
I tried to take the legs off, as it was mentioned in Q&A by Hasbro that it was technically possible though not designed to, but what I found is that they absolutely won't come off without destructive force applied. The head/neck system is well-locked in place and I doubt can ever come off.
*sigh*

Thanks for the replies.

Turbowars
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
They legs do pull off. I tired it. You have to put some might into it. The head will come off, but you have to take screws off and such.

Chaddymac
10-08-2010, 10:43 AM
They legs do pull off. I tired it. You have to put some might into it. The head will come off, but you have to take screws off and such.
Which screws? I didn't do too much exploring out of fear that I'd muck up the electronics. I messed with the neck joint, but quickly realized that wasn't going to help.

Snowtrooper
10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Kmart.com has the AT-AT on sale for $49.99. It is, however, listed as temporarily out of stock. But if you're looking to pick up another AT-AT cheap, this might be something to keep your eye on if it comes back in stock.

bkusna
10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Kmart.com has the AT-AT on sale for $49.99. It is, however, listed as temporarily out of stock. But if you're looking to pick up another AT-AT cheap, this might be something to keep your eye on if it comes back in stock.
I'm going to buy a fleet of them....how many were in the movie???????:cross-eye

nohagent
10-25-2010, 01:24 PM
So if I find it in store will it be $49.99

bkusna
10-25-2010, 01:44 PM
So if I find it in store will it be $49.99
that's a big IF.....my kmart's toy section has tumbleweeds and blowing dirt in the aisle....:whip:

nohagent
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
ha...kmart scam. My Kmarts are busting at the seams with AT-AT's however they wont honor the online price. I spoke with kmart.com online support and they pretty much told me oh well. Everytime I have seen kmart offer and awesome online price it is on items out of stock. According to kmart online chat they offer these prices to encourage people to shop online and i responded

here is the chat conversation:

You are now chatting with Michelle G. How may I help you?

You: Online purchase question

Michelle G: Good morning! My name is Michelle, and it is my pleasure to assist you today as your Personal shopper. How can I help you today?

Michelle G: Fantastic! Go ahead.

You: I saw this item | Kmart Item# 004W023568860001 | Model# 93994 in store last night

You: online it says it unavailable

Michelle G: Okay. Just a moment while I look up the item for you.

You: if i go to the kmart store will they honor this say price of 49.99?

You:

Michelle G: I do see that the Star Wars At-At Walker is out of stock online. We currently have it out of stock in our warehouse to be shipped and available in stores. I apologize they will not honor the price of $49.99.

Michelle G: Is there anything else I may assist you with?

You: why is it that kmart says they do in store pick up for items but not let you buy it for the advertised price when clearly instock? this is the third time in a row kmart has been like this to me?

You: it feels like scam to get us in the stores but then so oh sorry, its really not in sale but since you cant really buy we will say it is on sale

Michelle G: I apologize. Not all of our items are available for pick up. I understand they have it as an in store item. They have certain special prices for items that are only available at that price online.

Michelle G: Is there anything else I may assist you with?

You: I am about done with kmart. You know how frustrating it is in this economy when you want to get things for your kid that are normally out of your price range but when its finally affordable you cant get it for them.

You: why does kmart do this?

Michelle G: I apologize. Like I said before they have certain prices that are online specials only. There is however an option for us to email when we do get the item back in stock. Would you like me to set you up on the list?

You: i dont see why kmart store wont honor this price when I can take an ad to walmart and the price match instock items

You: a kmart ad at that

Michelle G: I apologize. They will not price match it. It is an online special price only. The reason for the differences in the prices is so that we can have our customers shop on are web site also.

You: oh, so it is a ploy to bring people to the website. offer awesome discount that is not available and then get people to shop around for less discounted alternatives. go it. I will be happy to share my kmart experience with the parents at school and my coworkers. I will also post on my facebook page. anything I can do so people know the truth as kmart is unwilling to cooperate

Michelle G: I apologize you feel that way. At this point that is all I can tell you. Like I said before I can set you up on our email list.

You: feel free, i know it is not your fault, as you are not the one who writes kmart policy. please do not take my words personally. i will tell you tho each time kmart does the email thing I have never gotten the email response

nohagent
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I printed the ad, im going to kmart now to see if I can convince them to provide me the item for 49.99. Let you know how it goes

bkusna
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I printed the ad, im going to kmart now to see if I can convince them to provide me the item for 49.99. Let you know how it goes
I am now on the nohagent bandwagon...YOU GO BOY!!!!!! keep us posted!!!!:thumbsup:

nohagent
10-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Got it and used extra $5 off coupon on top. Total $49.53

El Chuxter
10-25-2010, 04:31 PM
kmart.com is a massive scam. A friend told me they had the final wave of GIJoe vehicles, which were released in a few other countries but never in the US. I checked, and, sure enough, they were all there, only $2 more than normal retail would be, and qualified for free shipping, IIRC. I added them all to my cart, leaping with glee between items, and got ready to submit my order.

Then I remembered: I never buy from any online retailer without checking up on them, even if I'm familiar with their physical store. Just a cursory glance of a few Joe sites told me what I needed to know.

In this case, the four vehicles were added to their system months in advance, in anticipation of their release. And never removed. Apparently, K-Mart uses the same stock number or something for all vehicles in that size class. And orders are filled not by a central warehouse, but by the nearest store that has them in stock (making the thing about the AT-AT seem even more like a scam).

In the case of these vehicles, some people had their orders canceled when, I guess, folks at the local store checked the vehicles they had in stock and found nothing resembling the ones that had been ordered. Other people got four random vehicles. Quite a few had the orders for three vehicles canceled, but received the pegwarming Mole Pod instead of the differently-colored Volcano Pod.

I didn't send the order through, again wondering how this dump of a store stays in business.

Snowtrooper
10-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Got it and used extra $5 off coupon on top. Total $49.53

Glad that worked out for you. I would've bet money that they wouldn't honor the online price.

Here's a little more sale info. Yakface.com is reporting that Wal-Mart is rolling back the prices on the AT-AT to $79.99 and CW and SL figures to $6(not TVC) from 11/7 -11/24. So there's another chance to pick up the AT-AT for a little cheaper.

didgeboy
10-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Where can we find the ad to print? i would like to see if my local K(rap)mart will honor this too. Cheers.

nohagent
10-25-2010, 05:46 PM
On the Kmart website. Printed item info with price

bkusna
10-25-2010, 10:53 PM
On the Kmart website. Printed item info with price

I'm bringing that ad to walmart to price match:thumbsup:

Snowtrooper
10-27-2010, 11:48 PM
More sale info: Yakface is reporting that if your local K-Mart is out of the $49.99 AT-ATs, take an ad with you to Target and they will price match it. You will have to go through guest service to get the price match.

bkusna
10-27-2010, 11:50 PM
More sale info: Yakface is reporting that if your local K-Mart is out of the $49.99 AT-ATs, take an ad with you to Target and they will price match it. You will have to go through guest service to get the price match.
I read that too, but it never went out on a circulated ad just an online pricing.....You think if we print that out they would honor it?????? I might just bring in my kmart receipt to customer service and see if they will match it....

Snowtrooper
10-28-2010, 10:51 AM
I read that too, but it never went out on a circulated ad just an online pricing.....You think if we print that out they would honor it?????? I might just bring in my kmart receipt to customer service and see if they will match it....

From the way the article was written, it sounds like they would. But I think not every Target is going to do this. Its just something to try if getting one at K-Mart didn't work out.

TheDarthVader
10-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Something tells me that my Kmart will not honor this price...my Kmart really really sucks.

bkusna
10-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Something tells me that my Kmart will not honor this price...my Kmart really really sucks.
It's all good...I just called one yesterday and asked to speak with the toy department....she went back and found it and said it scans at $49.99 although the shelftag read $99.99......:thumbsup: Goodluck

Jon Dougha
10-28-2010, 04:58 PM
For those of you who have questions about Target's "official" price matching policy as it applies to online sales, you might want to check out the following link:

http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400

Here's a short excerpt that would seem to indicate that they won't match Kmart's online ad. However, you never know for sure and it doesn't hurt to ask. Well, not unless you're really sensitive and don't like being told "No" by people you don't even know. lol
What about online price matching?

All online pricing, including Target.com, is excluded from our price matching policy, as well as online retail promotions or products advertised on another company's web or mobile sites.

Slicker
10-28-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm gonna go to K-Mart and buy 5 of these for $50 then take them to Target and get $100 apiece in return for them!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

bkusna
10-28-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm gonna go to K-Mart and buy 5 of these for $50 then take them to Target and get $100 apiece in return for them!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
BETTER OFF taking them to walmart where the purchases are not recorded in the system....store credit....Target won't return them unless you have a previous purchase...wally doesn't care

Chaddymac
10-28-2010, 07:39 PM
BETTER OFF taking them to walmart where the purchases are not recorded in the system....store credit....Target won't return them unless you have a previous purchase...wally doesn't care
That's awful.

bkusna
10-28-2010, 09:27 PM
That's awful.
I need AT-ATs, slim shady slicker is the one returning them....Plus he will never find 5 at any Kmart....the most they carry is two at a time

Chaddymac
10-28-2010, 10:35 PM
I need AT-ATs, slim shady slicker is the one returning them....Plus he will never find 5 at any Kmart....the most they carry is two at a time
I'm not calling the po-po. I just hate the idea of it.

El Chuxter
10-29-2010, 01:39 PM

You'd need some accomplices, Slick, and maybe a few extra local Wal-Marts. I'd say four of each. Wal-Mart scans your ID for returns without a receipt and only allows a certain number within a year. They also can refuse a return without a receipt if they think it's suspicious; a $100 toy would look fishy, but probably fly if you're only returning one at a time and there's no record of you returning others sans receipt.

You'll also want to do it before they mark the AT-AT down to $79.99, which is in a few weeks, IIRC.

I'm not serving as an accomplice to your dastardly deeds, merely telling what I know about their system so you don't wind up stuck with several gigantonormous toys and have no option but to display them on a shelf with however many Snowtroopers you've been able to get.

I would advise you, should you succeed, to put the extra $250 toward your rent, because it is just too damn high, and that's a crime in itself.

Oh, and my K-Mart had no AT-ATs, had never gotten them, probably won't get them. Which is a good thing, since I would have been sorely tempted if I'd seen them for half price. And I really don't need one.

TheDarthVader
10-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I can't get the ad to print with the picture of the box. ??? Anyone have a link to a page where I can print the kmart ad to see if WM will price match? I tried to just print the internet page, but for some reason the page prints without the picture.

El Chuxter
11-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Saw it today at Costco for $79.98. Still passed, but figured I'd share the info in case anyone's interested. Same price at Target and WM at the moment (or when their sales start), but if you've got the Executive Membership, it might be worth getting it there to take advantage of the 2% back when you renew.

Turbowars
11-06-2010, 10:11 PM
You have to spend a fortune for the Black card to be worth it. I got $46 back with that 2%. I was told if it didn't cover the $100 membership fee I could get the extra $50 back from the Black Card. Is that true?

El Chuxter
11-07-2010, 01:30 AM
You do have to spend a lot, but if you're buying for business and/or do most of your grocery shopping there, it pays for itself. And, yeah, they've got a killer guarantee on it; I understand (from them, not from random third parties) that they'll refund it up to the last day of your membership if you don't get your money's worth.

nohagent
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Amazon has the AT-AT $79. No tax, free shipping