PDA

View Full Version : been 10 years since i have been here....

ogsk8r
01-20-2010, 08:00 PM
...and i still have a few things i didnt realize i still had after i sold my collection nearly 10 years ago. where can one list stuff for sale?? i notice the "for sale" thread is gone. i feel like a noob, but im actually an old timer back from 97. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lord Malakite
01-23-2010, 09:51 PM
...and i still have a few things i didnt realize i still had after i sold my collection nearly 10 years ago. where can one list stuff for sale?? i notice the "for sale" thread is gone. i feel like a noob, but im actually an old timer back from 97. any help would be greatly appreciated.
The "For Sale" section of the forum was done away with after SirSteve attempted to launch his own "ebay" type site known as Zobid.com (didn't quite take off). Since then SirSteve has started another site, collectionstation.com, which can be seen in a few of the ad banners on this page. It has a sell feature (to list items on ebay and such). Other than that though, there isn't a sell feature on sirstevesguide.com itself anymore.

ogsk8r
01-23-2010, 11:24 PM
damn well that sucks. i hate selling stuff on ebay. why cant one just sell some stuff anymore ? i guess ill just put this crap back in a box and back on a shelf in the garage for another 10 years.

Lord Malakite
01-23-2010, 11:56 PM
why cant one just sell some stuff anymore ?
I don't do much buying or selling so I can't say with 100% certainty, but I think its mainly an "insurance" type thing. Not that you personally would do it, but in the general sense, with the "for sale" section it was too easy for someone to get ripped off over the forums (not send the item or send a damaged/different item than advertised after receiving payment, send item but not get paid for it, etc.). With the sell setup on collectionstation.com, and ebay in general, you have paypal which helps protect you from getting fleeced in a bad deal.

DTMAN
02-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Well, if you do not want to use E-Bay, you can try either Craigslist or local.com. Also, you can check out Collectstation.com as well to see your options. Good luck!