PDA

View Full Version : Resurgence of the jedi battle pack

gba88
01-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Anyone find this yet, and if so what store?

Darth Jax
01-24-2010, 10:51 AM
i got one at target last week.

El Chuxter
01-24-2010, 10:51 AM
I saw two at Target and left them for some kid who doesn't have the figures eight times each.

gba88
01-24-2010, 10:54 AM
I saw two at Target and left them for some kid who doesn't have the figures eight times each.

that honestly made me laugh out loud :) Thanks for the replies!

Darth Jax
01-24-2010, 03:15 PM

once i finally have the room, they will crew the BMF along with han and chewie. i certainly have other versions them, but it was an easy way to get all 4, and the sculpts seem good.

Ando
01-24-2010, 04:30 PM
I saw it a couple of times yesterday at both Target and TRU.

I also saw it a lot last year when it was called "Training on the Millennium Falcon".

gba88
01-24-2010, 05:11 PM
I thought I read somewhere that this was a new r2 or that there was something special about him? Can't remember where...........

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I saw it a couple of times yesterday at both Target and TRU.

I also saw it a lot last year when it was called "Training on the Millennium Falcon".
All four figures are different from that set, even though they're the same characters.

I thought I read somewhere that this was a new r2 or that there was something special about him? Can't remember where...........
It's an R2-D2 using the R4-G9 mold, which has the third leg that extends when you rotate the dome. Many collectors consider it to be superior to the VOTC mold, which they usually use for R2-D2 nowadays. They've used the mold for him before - on the 2007 figure with the rocket jets and in the comic pack with the stormtrooper Luke - but this is the closest it's come to a "normal" R2-D2, though he has some light sand on his feet.

Ando
01-24-2010, 07:14 PM
They might all be different, or improved in some way, but it still seems like a repack to me.

Maybe it's because of how little time (IMO) has passed since the last set came out.

Snowtrooper
01-24-2010, 11:49 PM
I got mine from HTS a few weeks back. Bought it mainly for the Luke, but I was wanting a few extras of the other characters, so the repacks didn't bother me so much.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-28-2010, 05:51 AM
was going to get it but im not getting it just for the luke which was my main reason for wanting it in the first place. I know hasbro they will make another farm boy luke in the next year or two which will be better than this. i don't need or want another 3po or another r2 really and i do mean really dont need another ben as i was very happy with the legacy kenobi we just got a little while back. if this set would have had a arm ripped off 3p0, the luke and two sand people from the votc i would have prob purchased the thing if i had ever seen it, which i hadn't.

Old Fossil
02-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I found one at Target tonight and, in a moment of weakness, bought it.

Luke is not quite all I'd hoped him to be. Paint issues aside (hair), the peg holes in his feet are nearly nonexistent. This would not be such a big issue (though it really is, for me), but his skinny legs are wobbly and it takes some fiddling to get him to stand up. Otherwise, a stellar figure.

Obi-Wan is the Legacy version, and a good figure to have a spare or two of.

C-3PO... I don't care for the black "oil" daubbed on him, but it is what it is.

R2-D2: this is THE R2 figure I've wanted for years. Well done, Hasbro!