PDA

View Full Version : Zune Users?

InsaneJediGirl
02-04-2010, 11:29 PM
I got one for Christmas(Santa was economical, since they are cheaper), and havent had many problems except it freezes up if I listen for a long time or listen to music and play a game.

Anyone else having the same problem?I talked to a few cowokers who have iPods and they have similar problems, might be the nature of the devices....Hmm....

JediTricks
02-04-2010, 11:43 PM
I got an iPod Touch for xmas, and haven't had any lockups like that. It does slow down a little when playing music and opening an app (game, ebook, what have you) but not significantly.

I just googled the problem, and I found a few references to the system overheating which is causing these types of problems, that sounds like a likely cause. I also saw a lot of references to firmware complaints, but that seemed to be an '08 problem.

Good luck, and um... try a Sansa Clip, best MP3 player and best sound and super tiny and cheap. :p

InsaneJediGirl
02-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Hey, I got it for Christmas, which meant free :) I'm not knocking free.

preacher
02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Is it the 80 that you have? I have a 120 and my wife has an 80. The back plate on the 120 is a different material that doesn't sink heat.

Only thing I can think of that might be going on is if you are keeping the player in a body glove the entire time you are playing it. The gloves insulate these devices and won't let heat dissipate. Let the device breathe.

Other than that I got nothing. I've never had this problem and I take my zune on trips with me all the time to watch movies. Also great to have as a video player for the house. I've ripped my daughters DVD collection and moved them onto the Zune so she isn't scratching DVDs. I went through five DVDs of Cat and the Hat before I got smart. I digress. The point is our Zune's get a lot of mileage and we have never had a freeze.