PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe figures rare?

Battle Droid
02-27-2002, 04:44 AM
Are they rare? I haven't seen them anywhere.

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 04:53 AM
Stores just don't like orderering anything for use anymore.. :frus:

Actually it's just mostly stores don't order alot of figures anymore due to peg-warmers and are probably afraid of deluxe figures sicne they're bigger and would take up more space.

Beast
02-27-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Are they rare? I haven't seen them anywhere.
Try Target. Alot of them still have them on the shelf, due to the fact they mispriced them at 15.99 instead of the correct 9.99-10.99 that they should be, and are at most stores. :mad: :frus:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
02-27-2002, 05:22 AM
Try Target.

I don't even think West Virginia has Targets, if so they're hundreds of miles away from me hiding somewhere cause I've never seen one here.

Emperor Howdy
02-27-2002, 08:02 AM
Do yourself a favor and buy them from planetactionfigure.com. I think they're out of Amanaman right now, but with the $12.99 price tag, even WITH shipping you'll save a couple of bucks rather than paying Target's outragious $15.99 cost...........and you get 'em right to your door! :D

JEDIpartner
02-27-2002, 11:17 AM
The Targets have the Leia and Amanamans... $15.99- no WONDER! :greedy:

The BigKmart down the street has a TONNE of the Maul and Luke sets for $9.99 each! Clearly... they over ordered. They are EVERYWHERE in the toy department.

Amanamike
02-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Is there any collectors in the Seattle region in here?? If so let me know where the best places are to buy Star Wars figs.

Casual George
02-27-2002, 02:49 PM
I've seen plenty of Anamans and Leias around but I've only found one Luke in Bacta Tank. I grabbed him at a local K-Mart last weekend. Still no sign of Maul! Gotta find him to complete the set:crazed:

Sidiously Darth
02-27-2002, 08:02 PM
I have all of them except the Leia which is coming w/ my Toy Fair Vader and Black Amidala. It got me free shipping.:D

Anyway, they've been in the Orlando area for a while now. You just have to go to different stores to get them all.

Turbowars
02-27-2002, 09:52 PM
RARE! Try pegwarmers. theres tons in CA

Jayspawn
02-28-2002, 11:34 AM
Like JEDIpartnr and JarJarBinks, my Targets have Leia and Amanaman at the over priced $15.99. My Electronics Botique marked down Shirtless Maul and Bacta Tank Luke to $6.99. Now that a great price!!!

Beast
02-28-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Like JEDIpartnr and JarJarBinks, my Targets have Leia and Amanaman at the over priced $15.99. My Electronics Botique marked down Shirtless Maul and Bacta Tank Luke to $6.99. Now that a great price!!!
Problem isn't that mine have, is that they had the Leia and Amanaman for 15.99. The only thing left from the case or cases they got in is one single Leia. Sad to see that some fans had to pay what would be considered scalper prices at Target compared to the prices at other stores. :frus: :mad:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
02-28-2002, 04:43 PM
i'm from vancouver and i've been thinking about hitting bellis fair mall, thats much closer than seattle and i am sure they have a target and a JC penny as well as some toy stores

squee666
03-02-2002, 01:21 AM
It seems Target is the only store carrying Amanaman, and Leia. Is that why the price is so outrageously High? Especially considering the fact that Amanaman comes with a staff that doesn't stand up(for long). And the exact same Salacious crumb(that also doesn't stand) that came with Oola just a few years ago. So explain to me why Target feels these deserve a higher price than Luke in an awesome min-playset?

Beast
03-02-2002, 03:05 AM
My Target recently sold thru their whole supply at 15.99. And now when I stopped in today to see if they had anything new, the racks were full with 3 fresh cases of the Deluxe Amanaman and Deluxe Leia. :( Oh well, I guess I'll wait til they end up clearencing these out and then I'll pick an extra of each up. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-02-2002, 11:44 AM
Do you think Target will price match a K-mart bought Bacta-Tank Luke for $9.99, if one wanted to buy their overly inflated priced $15.99 Deluxe Amanaman or Leia's? I am having a humdinger of a time finding those Deluxe figs at any location besides Target. The Luke and Maul still clog the pegs at TRU and other stores.

Lord Tenebrous
03-02-2002, 12:40 PM
Did Target even stock Maul and Bacta Luke? And they're different items, so I'd say it's not possible, if for no other reason than customer service isn't an action figure guru.

I was lucky to get my Amanamen fairly cheap, because, having opened and used him a bit, I must say I'm rather overwhelmed at the material use. Not worth Target retail.

Beast
03-02-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
Do you think Target will price match a K-mart bought Bacta-Tank Luke for $9.99, if one wanted to buy their overly inflated priced $15.99 Deluxe Amanaman or Leia's? I am having a humdinger of a time finding those Deluxe figs at any location besides Target. The Luke and Maul still clog the pegs at TRU and other stores.
Target doesn't Price Match, that's what I was told last time I asked. Only thing I can suggest you do is either wait til they clerance them out, try to find them elsewhere, or just eat the extra $6.00. It's stupid that they haven't fixed the price on these yet, since it's pretty obvious they are supposed to be $9.99-$10.99 everywhere else. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-02-2002, 03:21 PM
The Entertainer stores here in good old blighty had Luke and Maul for 10 while most other places that could be arsed to order any in had them for about 12-15.

I got all mine from Toypalace in Germany though. mostly because they have the current figures straight from hasbro germany whereas the British stores tend to be about three months behind on everything. I could wait but then, I may lose out and get left behind wishing I'd bought when I saw them. It just boils down to how crap the distribution machine is here in the UK and how Hasbro don't give a crap about the UK. The only thing we're good for as far as hasbro are concerned is dumping the stuff that they think won't sell in the states. Like the Eopie and battle droid and pit droid pack-in figures............ :D Actually those battle droid figures are still clogging shelves and pegs here.

I wouldn't say that deluxe figures are rare at all. I bet a pound to a penny they'll show up in cases sometime at the fanclub and all the bargain stores. hasbro made a load but no-one is stocking enough which means there's loads in a warehouse somewhere. They gotta show up sometime and you can bet your sweet patooey that they'll be cheap. :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Target doesn't Price Match, that's what I was told last time I asked. Only thing I can suggest you do is either wait til they clerance them out, try to find them elsewhere, or just eat the extra $6.00. It's stupid that they haven't fixed the price on these yet, since it's pretty obvious they are supposed to be $9.99-$10.99 everywhere else. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Target should get with the program. Pretty much every major retail store has some sort of price matching system policy. Heck, I remember I brought in a Target advertisement that showed a Homer Trivia Game for $11. I took it to the Wal-Mart where I bought it for $14.77 and I got me a couple of bucks back. I know K-mart price matches items as well. Oh well, I guess I could wait to get an Amanaman until they go on clearance. Being a college student, 6 bucks can go a long way! :D

JrJedi
03-05-2002, 03:11 PM
I recently ordered all but the Luke from KEBco Toys. $9.99 each - $8.99 for the Maul. I have had so many problems finding these - and a few others - I am taking advantage of their club. By joining, never have to find another figure. Let them do the searching for me. Sounds great!!:)

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 04:51 PM
A nice little update for ya'll:

I was at Target today, and they had all of the remaining Leias and Amanamans discounted to $10.44, and all regular POTJ figures discounted to $4.88. 25th Anniversary sets were also marked down to $11.88 I think. They must be trying to clear up the aisle for AOTC, cause I saw the guy put up the clearence stickers, then unload 2 more cases of Leias and Amanamans. Lucky for me though I scored the Bo Shek wave at the discounted price.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-03-2002, 07:07 PM
Cool, thanks for the update WolfWood!

I'll be heading by Target tomorrow and I might as well make a stop. Target is still the only place where I have seen these figures and I have yet to cave in to those draconian prices. Hopefully this is a nationwide deal and not just a local one.

JediTricks
04-04-2002, 01:03 AM
KB has the Maul and Luke deluxes on sale for $6.99.

stad
04-04-2002, 03:59 AM
I hate to tell this secret(?), but all four of the deluxe figures come up the same on the receipt at Target. Any one of them you buy elsewhere for a lower price can be returned in place of the one you want from Target. I won't comment on how ethical this may or may not be though.

stad
04-04-2002, 04:01 AM
Oh yeah, some Wal-Marts have the deluxe Leia down to $5 and Maul down to $2. I got one of each yesterday.

jedi_uk73
04-04-2002, 07:36 AM
I have all 4 deluxe figures. Plenty of them in UK. Prices vary from 9.99 to 19.99 though.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Just a little update. I went to Target yesterday and picked up an Amanaman for $11.10, not the $10.44 WolfWood found his for. POTJ was discounted to $4.50 and all they had were gobs of the Ketwol wave. :mad: 25th Anniversary sets were also discounted to $11.10. I'm going to wait for the "clearance" prices on the deluxe figures go down a bit further and then I'll pick up the Leia with cannon and maybe the 25th Anniversary sets as well. :evil:

Quite-Gone Jim
04-05-2002, 01:37 PM
I just stopped at my local Target over lunch. They don't have any figs left. As matter of fact, they don't even have pegs for SW figs anymore!

Dryanta
04-05-2002, 09:28 PM
I went to a new walmart about twenty miles away yesterday and picked a luke bacta tank for $1.25.They had a pile of them and shirtless mauls all for the same price.I also got a boomer damaged Battle droid,and Jar Jar Tatooine for $3 each.All four preview figs.All but one rang up at $3 and one was the regular $5.88.I have never seen Amanaman any where:cry: .If any of you would like any of these let me know.At cost(+5% sales tax:rolleyes: ) and exact shipping.I bought them to help out any european collectors but I guess they are all set.I just want to help.NO PROFITEERS!!please be honest