PDA

View Full Version : 12" Max Rebo Band Set this Fall!



Beast
02-27-2002, 05:37 AM
Rumors have been circulating a while that this was in the works, and it sounds like this is a pretty sure proof that it's on it's way. No doubt it will be exclusive to somewhere, but the website that's taking pre-orders for it doesn't say. Hold onto your heart though, for the information about the cost. :crazed: This information comes from Planet Action Figure, which prices the exclusive ships about 10-15 more then retail. I wonder how much the set will actually retail for in the stores.

12 Jabba Band Assortment (PRESELL 26484)

1x Max Rebo and Organ
1x Sy Snoodles & Droopy McCool

AVAILABLE OCTOBER 2002 PRESELL: $159.99

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 05:57 AM
It'd be cool if Max's organ was electronic and would play the '83 ROTJ Jabba's Palace music. :D

JEDIpartner
02-27-2002, 12:09 PM
That would be great... considering the Jedi Rocks thing was so lame! It would fit, considering we would be getting the CLASSIC THREE as opposed to the version that thought it was the group "Chicago"! :crazed:

Tycho
02-27-2002, 01:00 PM
I really want these, but I'm not holding my breath. They've been rumored for a long time.

Here's the thing about Planet Action Figure and other $calper Sites:

"New One-To-One Scale Super Stardestroyer For Your Action Figures coming this Fall! Pre-Order Now! - www. you're gullible.com"

Because it got you to look at their site, didn't it?

The trusty Wal*Mart, Target, and TRU lists are more reliable, but they too have been wrong or I am still missing my "Attack R2-D2 in my collection."

If the band sets are really coming, and I honestly DO think they are, I'll be one of the first lining up to buy them - at retail though. Skip the over-priced pre-orders anyway, guys.

Beast
02-27-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I really want these, but I'm not holding my breath. They've been rumored for a long time.
Here's the thing about Planet Action Figure and other $calper Sites:
"New One-To-One Scale Super Stardestroyer For Your Action Figures coming this Fall! Pre-Order Now! - www. you're gullible.com"
Because it got you to look at their site, didn't it?
The trusty Wal*Mart, Target, and TRU lists are more reliable, but they too have been wrong or I am still missing my "Attack R2-D2 in my collection."
If the band sets are really coming, and I honestly DO think they are, I'll be one of the first lining up to buy them - at retail though. Skip the over-priced pre-orders anyway, guys.
Well, Rebelscum had some rumors about these a week or so ago also, I just figured that this was some definate proof of their coming. That's why I posted the info. I agree, I hate paying more then retail for stuff as well, but I do pre-order my exlusive ships thru them, do to the fact I have to compete in my area with 2 comic book shops that love to purchase and re-sell stuff from my local stores. :mad: :frus: I won't be buying these thru them though, one I aint gonna spend no damn 159.99 for em. That's just sick in my honest opinion. Though I still wonder what store is gonna get them as an exclusive, and how much. I am gonna go out on a limb and guess Target, since they seem to not mind carrying the expensive exclusives like the Speederbikes and Kaadu. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-27-2002, 09:44 PM
Awsome! TOTALY Awsome! I hope this happens, I've been waiting for this band for years!

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 11:18 PM
The actually figures should be much cheaper anyhow because PAF doesn't order from Hasbro but from overseas so their prices are higher just cause of that plus it's a new item and for pre-order which makes the price go even more higher so the actual retail price should be 30-40 below that or so. :D Ok, we have Barquin D'An already, now where's the Rodian??? :cool:

hamsterboy
02-28-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Rumors have been circulating a while that this was in the works, and it sounds like this is a pretty sure proof that it's on it's way. No doubt it will be exclusive to somewhere, but the website that's taking pre-orders for it doesn't say. Hold onto your heart though, for the information about the cost. :crazed: This information comes from Planet Action Figure, which prices the exclusive ships about 10-15 more then retail. I wonder how much the set will actually retail for in the stores.

12 Jabba Band Assortment (PRESELL 26484)

1x Max Rebo and Organ
1x Sy Snoodles & Droopy McCool

AVAILABLE OCTOBER 2002 PRESELL: $159.99

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Is the price for both or a piece?

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

12 Jabba Band Assortment (PRESELL 26484)

1x Max Rebo and Organ
1x Sy Snoodles & Droopy McCool

AVAILABLE OCTOBER 2002 PRESELL: $159.99


Dude, if that means they're sold seperately and like I said, PAF raises prices because they don't order from Hasbro but from overseas and pre-orders are always more there so the price per individual set if it's 2 sets is $80, pre-order price + them ordering from overseas probably added $30-40 and so pure retail per set will hopefully be $40-50 each. Think about it, Sy and Droopy would be $20 indivdually, no real reason the price should raise on them and then Max well he's just 1 figure with his organ would be the equivelent to a second figure and boom, two $40 dollar sets. :D I hope that made sense to everyone.

Beast
02-28-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by hamsterboy
Is the price for both or a piece?
That's the price for both, and since PAF marks their exclusives up around $10-$20 bucks each, usually that means that in the stores these should be $60.00-$70.00 each, like the Capt. Tarpals w/ Kaadu set. One set will be a 2-pack of Sy Snoodles & Droopy McCool and the other, due to the pipe organ's size will be the second 2-pack, containg Max Rebo and his organ. :D Like I said, I wouldn't suggest ordering these from PAF, but it does give us some idea when they will be avaliable and for how much. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-28-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Dude, if that means they're sold seperately and like I said, PAF raises prices because they don't order from Hasbro but from overseas and pre-orders are always more there so the price per individual set if it's 2 sets is $80, pre-order price + them ordering from overseas probably added $30-40 and so pure retail per set will hopefully be $40-50 each. Think about it, Sy and Droopy would be $20 indivdually, no real reason the price should raise on them and then Max well he's just 1 figure with his organ would be the equivelent to a second figure and boom, two $40 dollar sets. :D I hope that made sense to everyone.
I don't think they added $30-$40 on each, due to the fact I've been shopping thru them a while, and in the case of the AT-ST it's $15.00 more, the Crashed Snowspeeder and Tie Bomber was $20.00 more (i.e 10.00 more each) for the set, and the 12" Luke with Speeder bike was, $30.00 more. So I think that it's going to be around $60-$70 a piece in the stores. Sorry to reply twice in a row, but I wanted to explain why it will probably be more then $40-$50 a set.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Har Binks

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 03:04 AM
I dunno, there is the possibility, usually things vary in how much they gotta raise the price and since these are pretty expensive anyway, it could've been more.

Taichi
05-23-2002, 08:17 PM
Heh....Rebo's Organ....heh.....

and it better play Lapti Nek, AND Jedi Rocks

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 03:08 PM
$159.99?!?! GOOD LOWWWD, THAT'S A LOTTA MONEY!!

I don't go after the 12-inchers unless they look REALLY good - probably why I have so few. Despite that presale price being just utterly halucinatory, and whether these are exclusive or not, I couldn't imaging either of them selling at retail for more than $30-$40. I'll probably pass either way.

And what is PAF thinking in selling the 12" Luke w/ Speeder at $30 above retail ($80!!), when these were warming Target's clearance shelves at $20 for several months?! :crazed:

Taichi
05-24-2002, 05:34 PM
Sadly, I know what movie that quote came from!!!

one of Chris Rock's finest performances!!!

"How much for an order of ribs?"

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 05:38 PM
"How much for just one rib?" :crazed:

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 02:55 AM
Couldn't care less about this issue, I'm too busy collecting the Saga series, and plus I have these in 3 3/4 right now and could care less about them.

Turbowars
05-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by brandon
Couldn't care less about this issue, I'm too busy collecting the Saga series, and plus I have these in 3 3/4 right now and could care less about them. Oh, you will care when you can't find them.

Exhaust Port
06-02-2002, 02:55 PM
"Do you have change for a Hundred?" :)


This would be a great 12" set but I agree that those prices seem really inflated. Did you see how much they were charging for the 12" Luke and Tauntaun? $110?!?! Forget that. Wasn't the Han Solo/Tauntaun originally $60-70 when it came out? I really would love to have a second Tauntaun with Luke (hopefully you can slide him into the tauntaun stomach) but I'll wait and get it at the store.

Tycho
06-02-2002, 03:52 PM
Han Hoth on TaunTaun was originally $45.00 as a Toys R Us exclusive when it first came out.

Amongst all the days as a SW collector, getting that set the first day it was released in southern California will always stand out in my mind. As well as the decent price.

Exhaust Port
06-02-2002, 04:39 PM
That's an awesome price for such a large figure. I paid $60 for one off eBay about a year after they came out and I thought that was a great deal. Of course much more than that and I'll be passing on the Luke version.

The large 12" accessory figures (speeder bike, wampa, dewback) have been some of the best stuff in the 12" line. I hope the Speeder Bike with Leia makes it's way to the stores sometime this year.

N-2PF
06-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Vote for a 12"-section!
Originally posted by JediTricks
Vote on the poll so SirSteve can be absolutely sure and we can get this finally done: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10144

Jawa Fett
06-13-2002, 06:03 PM
For those interested I have heard that these exclusives will be available at Wal Mart sometime in November.

Magus Frost
06-22-2002, 10:58 AM
[i]And what is PAF thinking in selling the 12" Luke w/ Speeder at $30 above retail ($80!!), when these were warming Target's clearance shelves at $20 for several months?! :crazed: [/B]

Whoa - Woulda gotten one at that price. I never saw them for less than $35, then they were gone...

DarthQuack
05-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Meh, never really got into these.

2-1B
05-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Tons of gift sets at Wal-Mart...2 sets of the whole scene with the dancers, band, and cartoons from the Special Edition.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Awsome! TOTALY Awsome! I hope this happens, I've been waiting for this band for years!

this guy is such a douche!




hhehehehehehe ;)

DarthQuack
05-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Tons of gift sets at Wal-Mart...2 sets of the whole scene with the dancers, band, and cartoons from the Special Edition.

Yea, still want these, hoping the clearance soon.

Darth Cruel
05-05-2008, 04:36 PM
So now we are digging back over 6 years for dead threads?


So, how is everybody's 12" Jabba's Band?

DarthQuack
05-05-2008, 08:27 PM
So, how is everybody's 12" Jabba's Band?

Looks great in my full scale Jabba's palace.:thumbsup:

Turbowars
05-06-2008, 02:55 PM
this guy is such a douche!




hhehehehehehe ;)You suckkkk:yes:

Deoxyribonucleic
05-10-2008, 01:14 AM
You suckkkk:yes:

You know it ;) Thinkin' 'bout ya darlin' :love:

Turbowars
05-10-2008, 01:24 AM
You know it ;) Thinkin' 'bout ya darlin' :love:Right back at ya!:D

John33
05-10-2008, 02:22 AM
These were going to be made by Hasbro a few years ago. They were going to be Wal-Mart Exclusives. However Wal-Mart dropped them and they never made it to market. it was right after all the episode 1 glut when they had figures just sitting there not selling because of over production. a prototype of Max was created and shown on a website in his unpainted form. he actually looked good. the other rtwo and the organ were not made to my knowledge at least I never saw any pics of them. I would love it if Sideshow were to make them though.

Tycho
05-10-2008, 03:59 PM
I have to admit, that now as time has passed, I'd no longer hold serious interest in collecting these. If more 12" from the Jabba part of ROTJ were to be made, I'd really want a 12" Klaatu, Barada, Nikto, and Weequay. Those would look awesome in SideShow's scale.

Darth Cruel
05-13-2008, 06:00 PM
I have to admit, that now as time has passed, I'd no longer hold serious interest in collecting these. If more 12" from the Jabba part of ROTJ were to be made, I'd really want a 12" Klaatu, Barada, Nikto, and Weequay. Those would look awesome in SideShow's scale.

Hell, yes.