PDA

View Full Version : Batman: The Brave and the Bold

El Chuxter
02-09-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm a little surprised to be posting this. I never watched this show because, frankly, it looked stupid. However, I saw an episode called "Legends of the Dark Mite" (which featured, duh, Bat-Mite) this evening. (Thanks to Bat-Mite's fifth dimensional powers, this particular episode contained more fanboy references than I thought possible.)

Crap in a hat, this show is awesome! It's like a modern version of the Golden Age Batman, right down to the Dick Sprang-designed looks for major villains.

It's not Batman: The Animated Series. Nothing is. But it's better than any other animated incarnation of the character ever; miles beyond The Batman (which isn't horrible once you get past the cruddy animation and all the emo villains). It may not be totally serious, but, well, it is based more on the goofy Golden Age version. A quick glance at Wikipedia tells me that they must be intentionally dipping into Batman's "dumbest" villains, as Louie the Lilac and the Ten-Eyed Man have both made appearances. Any show that appreciates the criminal terror of "Lilac Time" is cool in my book.

Keep in mind that I like my Batman so serious that I refuse to read any of the tripe DC's publishing now, with Dick Grayson forgetting the lessons of "Prodigal" and Batman fighting Darkseid in broad daylight... unless it's intentionally corny. This show is entertaining and cornball, but it's because the creators clearly love Batman and are having fun with the material (not because they dumbed it down, like on Superfriends). It's right up there with the old Adam West series.

I think I'm going to be following this from here on. It's the most fun I've had watching a new Cartoon Network program since Powerpuff Girls ended. (Bearing in mind, of course, Justice League wasn't quite "fun" in the same sense, of course.)

LTBasker
02-09-2010, 03:48 AM
Yeah, the show has been great with the more light-hearted depiction of Batman, it's never pandersome and they occasionally toss in the dark and serious elements. It also manages to make several characters more interesting than they've ever been, most notably Aquaman, as well as introduce characters from DC lore that have been forgotten for decades. I've been loving it since the first episode I saw - "Invasion of the Secret Santas!" - and it's been a very consistent run. It's had a fair share of poor episodes, but the large majority have been decent. "Legends of the Dark-Mite" is easily in the top 3.

If you're curious about the rest of the episodes, you can find reviews here: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/bravebold/guides/reviews/

I'd suggest to keep an eye out for the following eps, definitely the top best of the show along with "Legend of the Dark-Mite."
- Mayhem of the Music Meister
- Clash of the Metal Men
- The Golden Age of Justice
- Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure
- Deep Cover for Batman / Game Over for Owlman (2-parter)
- Day of the Knight
- Dawn of the Deadman
- Trials of the Demon
- Fall of the Blue Beetle

Beast
02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah, the series is great. I have never been a huge Batman fan. And the last two Nolan movies really didn't do it for me. But I like the balance here between the action and the humor. It really is a great series. The highlight is the guest stars though. It's very cool to see them highlight everyone from long forgotten characters to the latest legacy versions of new heroes. I still need to get the latest issue of the comic, as it featured an appearance by my favorite forgotten DC Characters Angel O'Day and Sam Simeon. Better known as Angel & The Ape.

And for those who can't stand the idea of a fun Batman cartoon... to quote Batmite.

Batmite: "Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but is certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots then the tortured avenger, crying out for mommy and daddy."

Can't wait for the flashback episode with Adam West as Thomas Wayne. Rock on! :D

Ando
02-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I think "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" is a fantastic cartoon! I love Diedrich Bader's work as the voice of Batman and his "straight man" portrayal versus the relative goofiness of the villains and his "guest crimefighting partner(s)/sidekick(s) of the week".

It's very clever, accessible, and fun without going overboard in any direction.

I loved the Batmite episode. It was very funny and very "inside". Seeing this thread last night reminded me to look for new episodes on the cable box and so I set up a new recording.

I'm glad others have found this show and are enjoying it, too.

pbarnard
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Mikael likes it. IT's because everytime before we watch on friday nights together, I hold my arms out and go "Batman". He responds at the comercial breaks by lifting his arms up. Pretty cool for a 2 month old.

Beast
02-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I wish the Toyline was better though.

I picked up the 'Superhero Squad' styled Batman and Grodd. But the others don't do it for me.

I may grab the Gentleman Ghost and Horse set as well. Cause I also like that character.

figrin bran
02-10-2010, 03:05 AM
I've seen a few episodes and found them to be entertaining (though if we're talking current superhero animated shows, not on the level of Wolverine and the X-Men).

I've also bought quite a few of the "superhero squad" sets (Action League is what they call them, I think?) but they really should get some of the female characters in the line.

Beast
02-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Agreed. At least with SHS we've gotten most of the major females by now.

Where's the females who've shown up in Brave and the Bold?

Black Canary? Katana? Huntress? Morgaine le Fay? Catwoman?

El Chuxter
02-27-2010, 01:48 AM
I just saw the episode Mayhem of the Music Meister.

There are some things that are simply transcendent works of art, about which much cannot be said. We can only bask in their beauty and marvel at the miracles they hold. Mayhem of the Music Meister is one such work of art, and deserves to be in the Louvre.

Beast
02-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Heh. Yeah, it was a really good one.

It was so popular, they did 2 musical numbers for future episodes.

The Birds Of Prey episode and the Emperor Joker episode. Gonna be fun.

El Chuxter
03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Not trying to bump needlessly (though I wouldn't be above that ;)), but "Mayhem of the Music Meister" is still on OnDemand, and Chux Jr asks to see it just about every day.

Her new favorite Batman villain is Two-Face. She's a very smart little girl to see how much cooler Two-Face is than any other Batman villain. (And the Equinox episode with the Two-Face intro got him more accurate than any film adaptation. It's right up there with TAS and the original comic book when it comes to Harvey.)

El Chuxter
04-09-2010, 09:19 PM
"Chill of the Night" is every bit as good as "Mayhem of the Music Meister." Seriously. And it is serious. Were the animation and character designs slightly different, they could've tacked on the old B:TAS opening and no one would've noticed.

Adam West and Julie Newmar as Thomas and Martha Wayne. Thomas gets in the phrase, "old chum."

Kevin Conroy as the Phantom Stranger and Mark Hamill as the Spectre. Richard Moll as Lew Moxon.

Joe Chill getting what's coming to him from a consortium of Batman baddies, including the first appearances in the series of Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze (who looks very unlike the previous appearance of Mr Zero from "Legends of the Bat-Mite," or any other incarnation).

And how could I miss a cameo appearance by Louie the freakin' Lilac?

Oh, and they just announced today that Season 1, Volume 1 will be available on DVD in August. No word on the second volume, which would contain the Bat-Mite and Music Meister episodes.

Maradona
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
This might be the best episode of the series so far.

Ando
04-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Awesome episode for sure!

I only recognized Adam West's voice (and I missed the credits), but it was a pretty great episode. Seeing Batman/Bruce hang up his dad's Halloween costume in the Bat Cave was a pretty neat final scene.

DarkArtist
04-14-2010, 11:32 AM
the more and more i watch the series the more and more i love it. it's got the coolness factor the The Animated Series with the cornyness of the 60's TV series....

i'll have to check to see if my DVR recordered the Chill of the Night episode. might actually have to pick up the DVD series once it is released

Maradona
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Other episodes of the Brave and the Bold aside, the reason I liked "Chill of the Night" was that it wasn't as much a Batman story as it was a Spectre story. It reminded me of the 70s Spectre tales written by Michael Fleisher. In these stories, the Spectre, essentially the most powerful character in comics with the ability to do absolutely ANYTHING, would drive criminals to their fates through seemingly impossible situations (something like a strange version of the Dicken’s Ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future put together) in order get to them see the consequences of the errors in their ways. This is exactly what the Spectre does to Joe Chill in this episode, with Batman being almost an afterthought, a tool the Spectre manipulates to achieve his end, with his powers warping reality (i.e. the physics of falling buildings, time travel, Chill becoming an arms dealer, Batman uncharacteristically revealing his identity Samm Hamm style, etc.) in order to produce this. The wager he engineers with the Phantom Stranger, usually an observant guide in the comics, may be a facade to give Batman a chaperone through this supernatural ordeal. In the end, the Spectre gets what he wants: the just death of Joe Chill.

As a kid, I religiously watched reruns of the 60s silly, campy, maybe even parodical, but usually fun Batman live action show. One of the aspects of the show I liked most was the “animated” opening of the show. Since I loved cartoons, I wanted an entire animated series like that. The Brave and Bold was a tough sell for me, partly because given I was still in withdrawal from the Justice League, partly because it seemed too silly, too campy, maybe even too parodical, but it harkens back to this style of animation and is exposing an audience to more characters than any other series can claim. The 60s show was the first to expose me to comic books and launched my interest in the medium. Hopefully this series sparks the interest of future readers as well.

El Chuxter
10-23-2010, 12:04 AM
The Emperor Joker episode was awesomesauce. The bit where Bat-Mite was looking up the villain (Ten-Eyed Man) in the actual Who's Who comic while commenting that fans love the nods to the more obscure villains had me cracking up.

How is this show canceled? How? There is no justice in this world!!

Maradona
10-23-2010, 08:20 PM
This season has had some strong episodes. Both the Flash and Doom Patrol eps were standouts. The only reason it's being cancelled is the Young Justice show is replacing it next year. What I've seen of it harkens more to the JLU vibe, which is still unsurpassed amongst anything ever committed to film/tv about comic book characters.

DarkArtist
10-27-2010, 10:49 AM
had n clue this show was being cancelled... dang I hooked on this show... oh well....at least the HUB is reairing the classic 60's Batman episodes at night... there is just so timeless about these episodes that brings me back to my childhood.

there is nothing as sweet as seeing the big BAM, TWACK, CRUNCH flashing on the screens... it's pure joy.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Sweet God in Heaven, tonight's episode was bloody amazing!

Superman!!

What looks like the set-up for an Apokolips/Darkseid arc!!

The Shakespeare bust and bat-poles!

An awesome homage to the classic Batman II/Robin II/Son of the Joker story!

Villain cameos from the Morrisonverse (not canon in my book because the man is just bat**** insane), Batman Beyond, and The Dark Knight Returns!

And, perhaps most shockingly, a Damian Wayne I'll accept as something other than a pile of **** and a version of the Dick/Damian team I actually like!

REALLY! WHAT ****ING MORON CANCELED THIS SHOW?!?!? BATMAN HASN'T BEEN THIS GOOD SINCE THE EARLY 1990S, WITH THE ANIMATED SERIES AND THE CLASSIC GRANT/BREYFOGLE TEAM!

Maradona
11-20-2010, 01:50 AM
This season of the show has pulled out all the stops. Outstanding! JLU, for all its powerful awesome-ness, was always handcuffed in terms of characters it could or couldn't use. There were boundaries the show was not allowed to cross, as I understand from various Bruce Timm interviews. Brave and Bold has absolutely no limitations. Can't wait to own the entire series on disk, since my DVR is not large enough for all I record.

Qui-Long Gone
11-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Is it true that this is the last season? I love this show. I never thought I would love Aquaman so much! Outrageous!

Beast
11-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Is it true that this is the last season? I love this show. I never thought I would love Aquaman so much! Outrageous!
Yeah, Aquaman seems to be the surprise character of the series. But yeah, it's been cancelled for Young Justice.

LTBasker
11-27-2010, 07:14 AM
This is actually the last 26-episode season, and we have 3 episodes left. There is a season 3 coming, but it will only be 13 episodes. BATB was actually canceled in favor of another "dark" Batman series rather than Young Justice.

Beast
11-27-2010, 09:33 AM
This is actually the last 26-episode season, and we have 3 episodes left. There is a season 3 coming, but it will only be 13 episodes. BATB was actually canceled in favor of another "dark" Batman series rather than Young Justice.
That's even worse then. Who wants dark and broody Batman. Bleh.

El Chuxter
11-27-2010, 09:39 AM
The worst part about it, apparently at Comic-Con they tried to make the claim that the licensing fees for B&TB were too costly and that's why it was getting canceled. Never mind the same company owns Cartoon Network and DC Comics, so there should be no issue. Then it leaks that the next show will be darker. And, inevitably, inferior to Batman: The Animated Series. So, in other words, another "The Batman," where the best we can hope for is that it doesn't suck.

Of course, given the weird crap going on in Grant Morrison's ridiculous alternate universe (I refuse to accept that junk as canon, and like to think the entire DC Universe was destroyed by an asteroid in 2000), we'll probably get moronic stuff like Damian Wayne and Batman Inc.

Beast
11-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Wow. Someone else who can't stand Grant Morrison's mangling of comics. I feel hopeful.

Qui-Long Gone
11-27-2010, 01:19 PM
What is everyone's obsession with dark heroes these days? Mommy not give enough hugs?

Maradona
11-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Among the reasons that B:BatB works so well is the contrast it has to the previous Batman shows predominantly in terms of tone. Batman the animated series, whose premiere I still remember watching while I was at work, came out in 1992!!! Batman had been dark for a three years on screen and six in the comics, so that interpretation was still fresh. WB parlayed that image of Batman through Batman Beyond until the JLU ended a few years ago and failing attempted to generate that vibe in The Batman. B:BatB broke that cycle and though it took me several episodes to really warm up to it, I think it's an amazing series which will be missed. I still don't accept Bader's voice as Batman, but apart from that, the show is excellent.

El Chuxter
11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
B:TAS wasn't really that dark, though. Aside from the literal dark look of it, tonally it was closer to the O'Neil/Adams stuff, or the then-current Grant/Breyfogle stuff (which wasn't really dark, either).

Maradona
11-28-2010, 06:14 PM
The Grant/Breyfogle run on Detective was stellar. It was very shadowy and sinister - I stopped reading that comic after the team left. B:TAS was visually darker than any previous Batman cartoon iteration. Can you think of any more than 2 or 3 episodes that had daylight? I highly doubt that any cartoon series will go for "darkness" in anything other than visuals, as killing, torturing, etc. aren't likely to be allowed. What I interpret the "leak" that the next Batman show will be darker to be is a more visual darkness, than a more tonal, moody darkness.

If the result is something like Under the Red Hood, I will not complain much. B:BatB should still remain and even expand. If done correctly, it could become an entry level show for youngsters and for Mattel to market its Action League/Superfriends toys. Young Justice could be targeted at teen/young adult and the "dark" Batman at the Adult Swim crowd.

Beast
11-28-2010, 08:59 PM
When they refer to darker, it refers to the tone of the series. Not the visuals.

Qui-Long Gone
11-30-2010, 12:02 AM
^although they usually do paint the cells with deeper washes of greys....:mad:

Maradona
03-24-2011, 11:13 PM
New episode tomorrow! Rejoice!

El Chuxter
04-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Both the Superman and "Batman's Strangest Cases" have been amazing.

I wonder if there's a way to get them to reconsider canceling the show. It's bloody brilliant. Brilliant. I almost peed in my pants several times tonight. The Mad Magazine-esque spoof wasn't great, but the cheesy manga and the Scooby-Doo crossover, man, those were top notch.

Maradona
04-03-2011, 11:27 AM
I hoped that given the nature of the new DC Nation show, this might wind up as at least a semi recurring segment, but I think that the show is going to be a DC hero of the week type of thing. The saddest aspect of that is THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS SHOW ALREADY IS!!! The Superman episode alone had just about all his major characters and villains in one 22-minute segment and not just thrown in for the sake of doing so. The economy of this show is just amazing.

Maradona
04-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Another excellent episode yesterday. The Marvel Family! Anytime I get to see the hero who outsold Superman in the Golden Age animated is good thing. I believe this is the first time Freddie Freeman has ever been animated. Maybe he'll get a nod in Young Justice at some point.

El Chuxter
04-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Gotta say, "The Joker: The Vile and the Villainous" was the weakest episode I've seen by far. I expected far more from a Joker-centric episode. And "The Weeper" was pathetic. I had to look up to see if he was a real villain, and was again shocked by how incredibly stupid the comic creators of the Golden Age could get when they tried.

Maradona
04-17-2011, 08:20 PM
I didn't like the episode much either. This doesn't seem to have many rejected ideas. Most of them, lucky for us, are good.

Maradona
04-29-2011, 09:53 PM
"Antarctic Anarchy!" This was a fun episode. The Vigilante opening was well crafted.

El Chuxter
04-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Indeed, a very good one. That ending sorta blew me away. I couldn't even name all the Batmen.

I recognized:
B&TB Batman
The Batman Batman
Batman: The Animated Series Batman (but not The New Adventures of Batman Batman--guess they figured they were the same guy drawn differently)
Batman Beyond Batman
Red Rain Batman
The Dark Knight Returns Batman
Adam West Batman (??? on the far left of the final shot)
The Batman of Zurr-En-Arrh
Knightfall Azrael Batman
and, of course, the four fill-in Batmen from this episode

Who else was there? Who was the weird floating Batman with the big head?

El Chuxter
04-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Found a screen cap here: http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=367428

Clockwise from the top left:
Azrael Batman (in the Knightfall variation of the suit)
Red Rain vampire Batman
??? (big head Batman)
Batman Beyond Batman
Shazam as Batman
The Batman of Zurr-En-Arrh
??? (he's in black and white, which I'm sure is significant)
??? (Silver Age Batman?)
??? (absolutely no clue on the dude with the hat)
??? (square-jaw Batman)
Fatman
Plastic Man as Batman
Brave and the Bold Batman (in his high-tech suit)
Batman: The Animated Series Batman
Green Arrow as Batman
First Appearance Batman (I think--he's got a purple top, brown gloves, and a knife)
The Dark Knight Returns Batman
Batman and Robin Batman (I think--he's in shadow, but the color and strange armor seem to match up)
The Batman Batman
Adam West Batman
Aquaman as Batman

Maradona
04-30-2011, 01:33 AM
The purple shirt Batman reminds me of a 90s era action figure from the Legends of Batman line. There's a wild west Batman. The black and white Batman might be the first appearance. The "Batman and Robin" Batman seems to be the English hero Knight.

Maradona
08-08-2011, 03:55 AM
So the series finale aired in the UK. I read a synopsis of all the episodes not yet aired here. AMBUSH BUG!!! There's all kinds of fun that await whenever CN decides to air the shows here. For the umpteenth time, I'm so sad to see this series go.

El Chuxter
09-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Admit it: you cheered when they started playing the 70s Wonder Woman theme music. I can't stand Wonder Woman (except the DCAU incarnation), but the inherent silliness of the character plays well here, and the disco music fit perfectly. Liked the subtle nod to the DCAU, too, with Batman obviously having a thing for Wonder Woman.

This show is like a love letter to all that's ever made kids love DC super heroes in any decade. No wonder it's being canceled at the same time as the DCU is being dismantled by folks like Lee, Didio, Lobdell, Johns, and Morrison.

Maradona
09-18-2011, 09:51 PM
I admit it. This series is the only one featuring comic characters where this can accurately be said: "That show has everything!" The new DC, of which I've read several issues of, seems weak. I liked the first issue of Action, the Green Lantern series appears to be unconnected to the rest of the universe, and the first issue of Detective has a zinger on the last page, but the only issue I've read that stands out is Demon Knights, which may likely get cancelled. Ultimately, though, none of this DCnU is as fun as B:BatB has been.

El Chuxter
09-18-2011, 11:51 PM
The only DCnU book I was slightly interested in was Action. Despite my objections to the Big Two getting rid of every superhero marriage, All-Star Superman was stellar, and I wanted to read more Superman from Morrison.

Having read the preview, though, I passed and will continue to pass. That arrogant a** may have super powers and an s-shield on his shirt, but he's not Superman. We have enough deconstructions of Supes out there without turning him into his own deconstructed version.

Maradona
09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
If there is a better Superman comic book story than All-Star, I have not read it and I've read comics pretty consistently since 1983. It was on the strength of Morrison's work on All-Star that compelled me to read Action. The last page of the issue is classic - Luthor at his best. I hadn't read the preview beforehand. I might read a few more of the issues, but I'm not sure if I'll stick with it. Morrison has the ability to get DC to let him do seemingly anything (see the last few years of Batman for an example - though I did not read them).

El Chuxter
09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
The last few years of Batman only prove that some editor at DC should've said, "Uh, dude, Grant.... Uh, how do I put this? NO."

Daryl VayDar
09-19-2011, 07:40 PM
It's funny, although I've been a lifelong comic collector and Bats has always worked into that, the ONLY Bat-title that has been on my pull list in the past five years was Morrison's Batman & Robin. I dropped the series when Grant left, but those first 15 or so issues were some of the craziest, sickest Batman stories I'd read in a loooong time... I had not "looked forward to" a Batman title since Breyfogle's run on Detective way back when. I did, however, totally ignore the whole "Bruce lost in time" stuff- never seemed very interesting.

Maradona
10-07-2011, 10:17 PM
"The Joker hit a foul ball." "Robin, the boy bunter." "Say what you want about the Dark Knight, today he was a Bat-man." The first few minutes of tonight's episode were hilarious. I love this show.

Beast
10-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah, it's a shame that the series is over soon though. Especially given the replacement.

http://io9.com/5846770/cartoon-networks-next-batman-series-could-be-the-weirdest-bat+cartoon-yet

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/10/04/cg-animated-beware-the-batman-to-hit-cartoon-network-in-2013/

El Chuxter
10-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Holy ****, that looks like ****. Really. ****.

Maradona
10-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah, it's a shame that the series is over soon though. Especially given the replacement.

http://io9.com/5846770/cartoon-networks-next-batman-series-could-be-the-weirdest-bat+cartoon-yet

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/10/04/cg-animated-beware-the-batman-to-hit-cartoon-network-in-2013/

I read about this update during this past week and was underwhelmed. Katana as his sidekick? Alfred playing a first person shooter. These images do not bode well. I'll save full judgment until I see more, but it looks weak. That said, I was severely disappointed with the early promo images of Batman: The Brave and the Bold and, in truth, the series took a while to grow on me. Oh, did it, though... We can only hope DC's animated division pulls out another good one. The Batman is the only real stinker, in my opinion, that DC animated has been associated with these last 20 years and even that improved towards the end.

El Chuxter
10-08-2011, 03:50 PM
The Batman was awful for the first season (or at least part of it--I'm not sure quite where the season breaks fell), but the later episodes I saw were actually pretty decent. It at least stuck to the basics of the character, as did Brave & The Bold, and the revised origin for Clayface was a bit of a shocker.

Maradona
10-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Once The Batman brought in the rest of the DCU, the show grew better.

I fear that if DC is plunging so deeply into the CGI animated series, as with this new Batman and the upcoming Green Lantern, down the line it might not bode well for the continuation of their non-CGI animation, such as Young Justice and the often impressive animated movies (Public Enemies is the one that shined least brightest, in my opinion). CGI content usually seems geared almost exclusively for children.

RooJay
11-05-2011, 04:50 AM
Woohoo! 'Mazing Man! Never ever would have imagined seeing him in animated form! I love this show!

El Chuxter
11-18-2011, 10:51 PM
I have not seen a prematurely canceled show end that spectacularly since Arrested Development.

Rest in peace, Brave and the Bold. :cry:

Maradona
11-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Indeed. "A love letter to the Silver Age" was the line that resonated with me. Anyone who has read enough of DC's 60s' books can see the overt connections. I am truly sad to see this iteration of the DC Universe end. I'm pleased with Young Justice, feel indifferent towards DC Nation, and hope that Green Lantern will expand its seemingly, though somewhat understandably, narrow early scope. I wonder if there will be a way for the BatB to return, much like DC Nation brought back the Teen Titans series from almost a decade ago.

Did anyone watch last week's Green Lantern premiere? It seemed like Hal was stranded in the Delta Quadrant and the series will be a quest to get home.