PDA

View Full Version : The SSG 2009 Year In Review has been published

JediTricks
02-10-2010, 06:31 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=10&p2_articleid=2686

Chock full of trivia, vehicles, and insane ramblings! 2009 will never be the same again! The delay was entirely Steve's fault! ;)

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it, we had fun working on it. Steve says this will be the last YIR article in this format, he wants to make a change to a new format for 2010. So we have 10 months to get used to that idea. :p

JediTricks
02-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Oh, and for reference, here's the '08 YIR.
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=10&p2_articleid=1919

I mention this because Tycho and I made several references to our comments there in this year's.

Haw! Re-reading the '08 YIR, I see my opening comments then said that Lukenesses (Luke likenesses) no longer seemed possible, and then in my '09 opening comments I say the exact opposite. :D

LTBasker
02-10-2010, 07:06 PM
The lopsidedness in Titanium love is despicable, you should have brought in someone like Warstar just to add to that! :p

Aside from that, nice work. It was a very fun read!

Ando
02-10-2010, 07:42 PM
A thoroughly enjoyable read! I have been looking forward to it since the beginning of the year.

I imagine it takes a lot of work and wrangling to put these together, so GREAT JOB!

And I am the same page as you are regarding your hopes a new Outrider and a Nu Class/Republic Attack Shuttle. 2009 was STELLAR for vehicles, so I hope Hasbro keeps it up.

Seriously, great job JT!:thumbsup:

Tycho
02-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Steve says this will be the last YIR article in this format, he wants to make a change to a new format for 2010. So we have 10 months to get used to that idea. :p

I would bet we might not be allowed to give out raspberry awards for the line's turkeys any more because it's not good PR to say a sponsor's product sucks.

Imagine Billy Mays: "OxyClean actually sucks! For tough stains, even if it IS OxyClean, it's never going to get clean!"

But I don't think we really bashed products this year. Moreover, we bashed prices.

I do see how lowered enthusiasm hurts the collecting community's moral or fans of particular niche interests like SW Transformers and Titaniums.

But I wonder if my comments are hitting the mark on the changes Steve wants?