PDA

View Full Version : New Writers' Conference Presidents' Weekend - Getting My Novel Ready!

Tycho
02-10-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm typing 'til my fingers bleed!

I'm really under the gun now - and writing about plenty more firing guns.

Something's bound to be a hit.

I needed to vent. I turned down deals before and now folks who have reviewed my story previously (in 2008) want to see it come back. It's been professionally edited now and only improved with the changes.

I'm going to try and knock them dead this weekend. Man am I ever holding my breath.

bobafrett
02-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Awesome, hopefully you'll do a signing tour, and hit a few bookstores in the Chicago area. It is possible!

Tycho
02-11-2010, 02:12 AM
I'd love that. And I'd love to return to Baton Rouge, Louisiana where the majority of my story and the climactic final battle is set.

I made some good friends there when I visited to do my research, and I'd also like to progress through the other towns where the novel is set:

Southern Massachusettes
Central Georgia
Summerset, Kentucky
Western Tennesee
Bentonville, Arkasas
Billoxi, Mississippi
Gulfport, Mississippi
New Orleans, Louisiana
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

At present, I've re-covered 161 pages today in my final edit.

I have exactly 100 pages to go.

It looks like this actually will not be my last edit, but the book now moves along extremely smoothely at 261 pages. (The original novel took place in the 1860's and the present day, via flashbacks, but was split by my editor into two approximately 250 page novels - a natural set-up for a sequel - which is necessary to complete the story of this hunt for Civil War treasure.)

Tycho
02-11-2010, 07:11 AM
So at approximately 4am on Thursday, February 11, 2010 I finished what I hope will be the final edit of my now 250 page novel, tentatively called "The Treasure."

After another go-through, hopefully with zero changes, it will be off to Kinko's for printing and binding, and running my business cards, that I go.

LTBasker
02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Very cool, I hope it all goes well and you get it moving along to become published. I've been looking forward to the day I can give it a read. Good luck!

Tycho
02-12-2010, 11:05 AM
The novel has turned out so awesome!

I've read it far too many times because I've had to re-align it with what my editor called for, but even I actually still love it!

It's so twisted and action-packed!

Alliances between heroes and villains change all the time and good falls before evil!

I don't think the Civil War or our society has ever been presented in this way.

Really twisted... wow!

This book will not be predictable!

I've barely slept and trying to go back to sleep. It's 8am right now, my time.

I'm on at 1pm today to begin my participation in the process. That will just be an overview meeting and re-introductions. I'm not sure how far we'll proceed into business today, but Saturday and Sunday will be eventful I'm sure.

I am pumped for this!