PDA

View Full Version : Ladies & Gentlemen... TEEEEEEEK FIGURE!

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370334261874
It's a dutch auction, the seller has multiples. Is this the Star Tours figure Hasbro was hinting at in Q&A? Have Chuxter's dreams finally come true?

Photo attached.

Old Fossil
02-11-2010, 03:26 PM
What's teek, precious?:confused:

El Chuxter
02-11-2010, 03:42 PM
OH MY GAWD!!!!!!

I need to change my pants.

And I plan to army-build. Every SW scene needs Teek, surreptitiously influencing events from behind the scenes with his awesome super-duper speed!

Edit: This also looks like the seller JJL linked to, showing an Imperial Officer repainted as a Star Tours technician. I have a very good feeling about this.

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 03:48 PM
It's Teektastic (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teek)!

Now Hasbro must create action figures of every single regular person getting onto the Starspeeder 3000 in the video to go with him.

El Chuxter
02-11-2010, 03:51 PM
If that's what it took to get Teek, I would buy the whole set.

Wonder if there's any more figures? I don't care too much about the technician dude, but Teek and Kaink in one set? Man, really, I'm feeling light-headed. Too much awesome for one mortal to take in at once. :beard:

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I remember Kaink being in the video, and Kaink isn't in the same Ewok film as Teek, so this almost has to be the upcoming Star Tours set along with the crewman of dubious costume.

Edit - explaining what we're talking about with these ebay auctions...

Teek: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370334261874
Kaink: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390155961298
Star Tours crewman: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260551066518 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260551066518)

El Chuxter
02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Old Fossil: This will enlighten you, and you will want this figure as much as any other informed person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANp2s7efRBQ

Teek is cooler than Luke, Han, Boba, OT Vader, and the Coen Brothers all rolled into one.

JT, I'll hold off. Kaink doesn't appear to have her accessories, which are what really distinguish her from "generic" Ewoks.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
I've actually never seen the second Ewok movie, but I know Chux has been wanting this for an extremely long time, so it's really cool to finally see him made.

And none of those guys' figures have accessories, so I assume Kaink will have the proper headdress and everything.

Ji'dai
02-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Oh sure, they make Teek but not Cindel. And what about Mace and the Gorax?

bigbarada
02-11-2010, 04:08 PM
O

M

G

!

:eek:

.... and we're getting Kaink? :eek: :eek:

Add in Chukha-Trok and this would be the single greatest year for Star Wars toys EVER!

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Man, I forgot how creepy Wicket's English-speaking voice is. And how much of a tool Noa comes off as. I dunno Chux, I don't think many collectors are going to get your message of faith out of that video. ;)

Makes sense on Kaink, but you're going for one of those Teeks? Awesome.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Since they planned and sculpted Chukha-Trok before dropping him, I wonder if some of these figures were originally going to be in an Ewok movie set, but then they realized that this was the last year of the original Star Tours so they should probably commemorate that instead.

I'm still hoping for a smoking Ree-Yees with a three-eyed camera. :cool: What other figures might be in the set? With the new Admiral Ackbar coming this year, they could do a repaint for another generic Mon Calamari officer. Or maybe they'll include that lady with the crazy hair from the pre-boarding video. :p

El Chuxter
02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Chukha-Trok couldn't be in a Star Tours set, but they've already said he's made it to the prototype stage and they want to release him, so I figure it's just a matter of time.

Ji'dai, I'm guessing they're using the cross-promotion with Disney at Star Tours to release the two characters from the Ewok movies who appear in the safety video, since they've said actual Ewok movie figures are unlikely.... Then again, they did practically confirm Chukha-Trok at some point in the future, so maybe we'll see Noa and the rest eventually.

JJL, the DVD is out of print, but it looks like the whole movie is on YouTube. It's definitely a kids' movie, but worth watching. Despite the first having both Kaink and Chukha-Trok, the second is vastly superior. (I'd recommend watching the first one first, though, so you've got the setup.)

sebillba
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
He looks so awesome!!! Shame the seller didn't have this a week ago, as I bought BG-J38 from him, and could've saved on postage. I nearly bought it anyway just now, until I read about the Kaink figure (which doesn't seem to be listed any more), and that neither of them have accessories, so I'm probably better off waiting a bit. Are they going to be Disney Park exclusives do we know?

El Chuxter
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
JT, I'll wait on the whole shebang, since Teek could potentially come with rocks to throw at Wicket or something. (Okay, seriously, because he'd be almost $20, and the entire set is likely to be just $30. I can wait; knowing he now exists is good enough for me right now.)

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Kaink is still available: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390155961298

Chux, I'm a little shocked. You've been waiting for this forever. The "what ifs" would be killing me, $18 is a lot but... I'll shut up, I'm not trying to make you go broke. ;)

Hasbro really stuck their foot in it by admitting they did work on Chukha-Trok but he's temporarily canned. They could have blown your minds making that an exclusive to Celebration V or something.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Chux, I own the DVD. I watched Caravan of Courage around the time I bought it and wasn't exactly in love with it, so I never got around to watching Battle for Endor (I've also only seen one of the four Droids/Ewoks DVD movies for the same reason).

Sebillba, I think all signs are pointing to this being an exclusive set, based on what Hasbro has said in recent Q&As. I can't imagine they'd sell a Star Tours-themed product outside of the Disney parks.

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Sebillba, I think all signs are pointing to this being an exclusive set, based on what Hasbro has said in recent Q&As. I can't imagine they'd sell a Star Tours-themed product outside of the Disney parks.Not without making MY dreams come true. They still need to release the mickey mouse-hairstyle lady from the pre-boarding video along with Ree Yees violating all the flight rules at once. :p

bigbarada
02-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Kaink is still available: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390155961298

Chux, I'm a little shocked. You've been waiting for this forever. The "what ifs" would be killing me, $18 is a lot but... I'll shut up, I'm not trying to make you go broke. ;)

Hasbro really stuck their foot in it by admitting they did work on Chukha-Trok but he's temporarily canned. They could have blown your minds making that an exclusive to Celebration V or something.

I'm probably going to wait as well because I've never trusted the legitimacy of these sellers. If I'm going to buy these figures, I want to make sure that Hasbro is getting my money and not just some unscrupulous guy who is ripping off the factory.

bigbarada
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
(I've also only seen one of the four Droids/Ewoks DVD movies for the same reason)

You do realize that those were originally released as half-hour, Saturday morning cartoon episodes right? They weren't re-edited into "movies" until years later.

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm probably going to wait as well because I've never trusted the legitimacy of these sellers. If I'm going to buy these figures, I want to make sure that Hasbro is getting my money and not just some unscrupulous guy who is ripping off the factory.
That's very nice of you. I'm fairly sure that's exactly what is happening here, too. These look like early runs snaked from the factory. The early EARLY sales he had on the EU wave, now relegated to exclusive status, suggests these are straight out of the factory, pre-packaging stage.

El Chuxter
02-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Teek, Kaink, Jacen, Jaina, confirmation of a Chukha-Trok sculpt, and confirmation that at least one designer really wants to make Jaxxon.... Oh, man, it's like my brain was removed and replaced by the solo from "Brighton Rock."

That's very nice of you. I'm fairly sure that's exactly what is happening here, too. These look like early runs snaked from the factory. The early EARLY sales he had on the EU wave, now relegated to exclusive status, suggests these are straight out of the factory, pre-packaging stage.

Which would explain Kaink's look... unless this is a rare "Bright Tree Nudist Colony" variant.

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 04:27 PM
You do realize that those were originally released as half-hour, Saturday morning cartoon episodes right? They weren't re-edited into "movies" until years later.
Keep in mind BB, JabbaJohn was born several years after these movies and cartoons aired. Perhaps you are fooled by the "Mr." in his username. ;)

sebillba
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM

Oh yeah, thanks for the link... I was only searching on ebay.co.uk, but he's got more figures listed on .com. Definitely not worth getting the ewok as it is, but I'm still itching to get Teek.... I gotta be patient though, surely he should come with some accessories.

ChukhaTrok76
02-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I have been waiting since '85 for the Ewoks featured in the movies. I immediately bought Teek in the auction, based on the pic. I know there are a LOT of very well made customs out there and even some well done bootlegs, but no, this looks so very legit. And I'm excited! FINALLY getting Teek! Yes, more than likely a forthcoming Star Tours set, maybe a multi-pack with the technitian and Kaink. BTW, Kaink is but a re-paint of the Wal-Mart exclusive Keoulkeech (from the Ewok comic pack) but if she has her headress, robe, and that crystal staff, I'll snatch her up too! Very excited about these figures. Now when are they gonna release Chukha-Trok? They've already made him, now release his Ewok badness!

JediTricks
02-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I have been waiting since '85 for the Ewoks featured in the movies. I immediately bought Teek in the auction, based on the pic. I know there are a LOT of very well made customs out there and even some well done bootlegs, but no, this looks so very legit. And I'm excited! FINALLY getting Teek! Yes, more than likely a forthcoming Star Tours set, maybe a multi-pack with the technitian and Kaink. BTW, Kaink is but a re-paint of the Wal-Mart exclusive Keoulkeech (from the Ewok comic pack) but if she has her headress, robe, and that crystal staff, I'll snatch her up too! Very excited about these figures. Now when are they gonna release Chukha-Trok? They've already made him, now release his Ewok badness!
Welcome aboard!

These seem legit, especially considering all the other stuff this seller has and has had in the past.

I think you're right about the reusing of the Keoulkeech mold, with different paint and minus the stormtrooper belt, of course. I'm sure the final figure will have her accessories, the pointy headdress really makes that character.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Not without making MY dreams come true. They still need to release the mickey mouse-hairstyle lady from the pre-boarding video along with Ree Yees violating all the flight rules at once. :p
It's almost like I requested those figures six posts before you did. :p

I'm fully aware of their origin, but I called them "DVD movies" since that's what they were . . . feature-length movies on DVD.

bigbarada
02-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm fully aware of their origin, but I called them "DVD movies" since that's what they were . . . feature-length movies on DVD.

And I'm still ticked at Lucasfilm for releasing them that way, because we only got about half of all the episodes (even less in the case of the Ewoks DVD). I'm still waiting for a true DVD release of both TV shows with ALL of the episodes, intro music, closing credits, etc.

Maerj2000
02-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Chux, I own the DVD. I watched Caravan of Courage around the time I bought it and wasn't exactly in love with it, so I never got around to watching Battle for Endor (I've also only seen one of the four Droids/Ewoks DVD movies for the same reason).

Sebillba, I think all signs are pointing to this being an exclusive set, based on what Hasbro has said in recent Q&As. I can't imagine they'd sell a Star Tours-themed product outside of the Disney parks.

You can order most Disney Park merchandise through their mail order service unless its a limited item from Star Wars Weekends.

figrin bran
02-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I had been buying the Collector Packs at Disneyland hoping to get the Teek mini figure but this is so much better!!!!

JT and Mr.JJL, I'd like those figures as well!

2-1B
02-11-2010, 10:36 PM
1) JJL, please watch Battle for Endor...the first movie was crap but the second is fantastic. As a kid, I didn't care much for the first one but man I LOVED BFE, especially Teek.

2) I would pay $20 for a carded Teek figure, if that was the only option of getting him...because I feel I am the world's 2nd biggest Teek fan (second ONLY to Chux).

3) Teek-a-boo !

sebillba
02-12-2010, 12:48 AM
SOLD OUT!!!!!!!

He had over 30 for sale when I went to bed last night, when I woke up they were all gone! There are a lot of Teek fands out there!!

JediTricks
02-12-2010, 02:39 AM
It's almost like I requested those figures six posts before you did. :pYeah? Well I RODE THAT RIDE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN!

:D

Yes, I had seen your post, didn't really negate my point though.

I'm fully aware of their origin, but I called them "DVD movies" since that's what they were . . . feature-length movies on DVD.Well, aren't you mister la-de-da tonight? (It's nighttime when I'm reading that, I don't care if you wrote it at 5 in the afternoon PST.)

SOLD OUT!!!!!!!

He had over 30 for sale when I went to bed last night, when I woke up they were all gone! There are a lot of Teek fands out there!!Dang, I am shocked 30 people actually would spend that much moolah to own Teek.

DarkArtist
02-12-2010, 10:38 AM
well since there might be an actual Teek figure as well as a Technician what's the chances that Hasbro will make a full sized Star Speeder

bigbarada
02-12-2010, 02:29 PM

I wonder if that would be worth bringing up in the Q&A? I know that a lot of people like to get their figures way ahead of time. However, with Hasbro's constant reminders that the line is struggling, if this guy is stealing toys from their factory and selling them months in advance, then that has to be hurting sales in some way and needs to come to a stop.

pbarnard
02-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Recently more and more "early photos" have leaked out through sites like TaoBao and Ebay. What is Hasbro's official stance on these early images?

While we appreciate the passion of our fans and the fact that they want as much information as possible as early as possible, Hasbro prefers to reveal product at key times like Toy Fair, Comic-Con, and JoeCon with the final deco and packaging. The leaks on these sites can take away from what we can reveal to the fans and make these events and news releases during other times of the year, special. We'd prefer to build up to special announcements and have something for the fans to look forward to, but the increase in unauthorized leaks is making that increasingly difficult to achieve. Again, the enthusiasm for G.I. Joe is astounding and we're glad that the fans enjoy the brand as much as we do.

While this just referrs to images, it is getting closer to how do you feel about people stealing from you and selling it early and what are you going to do about those who buy/fence the items here.

RENDAR LIVES
02-12-2010, 07:31 PM
That's a funny statement considering Hasbro once said they don/t like revealing things more than 6 months in advance yet last year we pretty much saw everything for the whole year thanks to crummy delays. This year what they show us we won't even see til August. I however like seeing these items well in advance so I can plan a budget with the MSRPs and release dates.

figrin bran
02-12-2010, 11:47 PM
well since there might be an actual Teek figure as well as a Technician what's the chances that Hasbro will make a full sized Star Speeder

If they do and that's a big if, it had better be the original paint scheme and not the reddish scheme they're planning for the Star Tours 2.0 upgrade.

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 04:31 AM
well since there might be an actual Teek figure as well as a Technician what's the chances that Hasbro will make a full sized Star SpeederPretty unlikely, it'd need to be the size of a Republic Gunship in width and length to work, and that'd cost like $100.

I wonder if that would be worth bringing up in the Q&A? I know that a lot of people like to get their figures way ahead of time. However, with Hasbro's constant reminders that the line is struggling, if this guy is stealing toys from their factory and selling them months in advance, then that has to be hurting sales in some way and needs to come to a stop.I really don't see the point. It's an incredibly small anomaly even when it's 30 figures, doubt it impacts their sales at all. We unintentionally narked out the Transformers aftermarket in TF Q&A and the resulting response was like a kick to the gut, it felt ugly and I don't want to be a part of that sort of thing again if I can help it.

2-1B
02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
what was the TF story? I missed it.

jedi master sal
02-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Well it's been 17 months exactly (10/13/8 to be exact) since my last post here.

This is only a one-time thing and it's for Chux.

Wow, Teek is finally being made. I'm very happy for you man. I'll certainly get him. It's been years you've been wanting this figure made, glad to see you're getting your wish fulfilled.

Considering ICMG just came out, it seems Hasbro is willing to take a chance on the rare character such as this.

Star Tours closing helped this figure get made. Kind of sad that it took the closing of the ride for this to happen, but hey at least you'll have him now.

Anyway, I'm going back into my self-imposed exile now. If anything was going to bring me out of it, even if just for this one post, it was this.

Chux, congrats!

DarkJedi5
02-13-2010, 09:56 PM
A Star Wars Weekends exclusive? Psh, I'm not gonna get this set now.

figrin bran
02-13-2010, 11:56 PM
A Star Wars Weekends exclusive? Psh, I'm not gonna get this set now.

If I'm not mistaken, the Jedi Academy figure set was also a SW Weekends exclusive at first and then later on was made available at all Disney theme parks. I would expect that to be the same with this set.

Sal won't see this but Star Tours is not closing by any means. In fact, it's getting an upgrade/makeover at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 12:22 AM
The Jedi Academy set wasn't an exclusive, I'm pretty sure.

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 12:25 AM
what was the TF story? I missed it.We asked them what they thought about Fansproject and such, and if Hasbro would consider making stuff like that so they wouldn't need to, and Hasbro's response was utter vitriol, how those types of things cropped up because Hasbro looked the other way over fans doing it for pleasure, and now it's an industry stealing their intellectual property and it's gone too far. They were very very mad. I heard them reiterate it in person just before they sent out the official answer and they were super peeved.

JimJamBonds
02-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Teek = Awesome!

Maerj2000
02-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Methinks I'm going to have to get this set first day, going by this thread I think it may be popular. Even if it isn't, I want it anyway. :thumbsup:

2-1B
02-15-2010, 09:10 AM
We asked them what they thought about Fansproject and such, and if Hasbro would consider making stuff like that so they wouldn't need to, and Hasbro's response was utter vitriol, how those types of things cropped up because Hasbro looked the other way over fans doing it for pleasure, and now it's an industry stealing their intellectual property and it's gone too far. They were very very mad. I heard them reiterate it in person just before they sent out the official answer and they were super peeved.

Very interesting, thanks for the info!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
The Official Site (http://starwars.com/vault/collecting/news20100215/index.html) had a write-up about this set as well as a Holo Emperor Stitch thing. The set is going to be $40 (a little "ouch", but not too bad, given that basic figures are $8 each anyway and the combined gouging of Hasbro and Disney could have easily sent this much higher). It says it will start at Weekends but also be available at Disneyland. I'm going to WDW around the time of CV, so hopefully I'll be able to get one there; if not, I'm going to have to ask a favor of one of the Californians or Floridians here.

2-1B
02-16-2010, 09:07 PM
I don't care if I pay $80 on eBay, I'm getting it.

El Chuxter
02-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I was planning to not get another season pass anytime soon, but I think that's going to change.

JediTricks
02-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Yay! This is fantastic news, my annual pass has a 10% discount no less.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Chux, I am planning a trip to DW for their SW Weekends this year (since they boldly REFUSE to have even ONE MEASLY weekend at DL :upset: ), so if you want one sooner than when SoCal gets them in stock, lemme know. Or, I can just break it open and steal (a la teek himself) a Teek for ya! ;)

JediTricks
02-20-2010, 10:05 PM
It's almost like I requested one of those figures 4 years before you did (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=474456#post474456). :p

DarkJedi5
05-21-2010, 10:19 AM
So, it's gotta be getting close to Star Wars weekends or whatever the trigger is for this set to be released and since I don't live near a Disney park or plan on going to one, how does one obtain a set like this? Is there a website? A Phone number? A secret handshake involving mouse ears?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-22-2010, 03:21 PM
This site (http://www.endorexpress.net/2010/04/star-tours-boarding-party-release-date/) has the phone numbers to call: Disneyland at 1-800-362-4533, Walt Disney World at 1-407-363-6200. I'm still not sure if it's worth it to wait - I'll be at WDW in August, but so will thousands of other SW fans, and I'll be kicking myself for a long time if I miss out.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-11-2010, 01:34 PM
The package says it's a limited set, to 15,000. The $39.95 price tag might keep some scalpers away. But they look cool (I am tempted to open it) from the outside. No droids in it though.

figrin bran
06-11-2010, 09:52 PM
This site (http://www.endorexpress.net/2010/04/star-tours-boarding-party-release-date/) has the phone numbers to call: Disneyland at 1-800-362-4533, Walt Disney World at 1-407-363-6200. I'm still not sure if it's worth it to wait - I'll be at WDW in August, but so will thousands of other SW fans, and I'll be kicking myself for a long time if I miss out.

JJL, if you don't want to wait, I could pick up a set for you on my next visit to Disneyland.

I got my set last week. Teek and Kaink are great, the rest of the set not.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-12-2010, 01:47 AM
JJL, if you don't want to wait, I could pick up a set for you on my next visit to Disneyland.

I got my set last week. Teek and Kaink are great, the rest of the set not.
How often do you go? I might have to take you up on your offer.

figrin bran
06-12-2010, 08:56 PM
How often do you go? I might have to take you up on your offer.

Usually once a month. June 26 will be the last flight to Endor for Star Tours so for sure I want to ride the original version one last time.

JediTricks
06-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks for letting us know the Disneyland date, much earlier than I expected.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-14-2010, 05:54 PM
I think I might just take my chances and wait until August to pick this up. Even with a bunch of SW fans in town, I'm sort of doubting it'll be that hot of a commodity. (But if I don't get it, then I'm definitely going to ask one of you guys for one.)

Maerj2000
06-14-2010, 06:16 PM
You guys can order it from wdw merchandise mail order.

email them at:

wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com

Following is the needed information for the requested merchandise.

Star Wars Board Party - stock number #400-127446000 - $39.95

Regular ground shipping and handling within the continental United States is according to the following schedule. Delivery dates refer to merchandise that is in stock:

Ground Shipping: 20 Business Days (approximate)
Express Air: up to 5 Business Days (approximate)
Economy Air: up to 7 Business Days (approximate)

MERCHANDISE TOTAL:
Up to $50.00:
Ground $9.95 Economy Air $24.95 Express Air $34.95

There are no discounts available on mail order merchandise. If you would like to place an order you may do so by calling 407-363-6200 or by email with the following: Item list, name, phone number, billing address, shipping address and credit card information with expiration date.

figrin bran
06-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Usually once a month. June 26 will be the last flight to Endor for Star Tours so for sure I want to ride the original version one last time.

Actually, I should have said July 26 and not June. ;)

JediTricks
06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Actually, I should have said July 26 and not June. ;)
Thanks a bunch, jerk. :p I'll need to change my calendar, I may have to go to that, even though my legs will be screaming having just returned from Comic-Con.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Flame war! Flame war! Where's a Mod when you need 'em? :rolleyes:

I wonder if there will be anything different to the ride/wait line, or just the fact that you rode it that last time? I saved my Fast Pass from this year at DW (I didn't mean to, just that the wait time was under 15 minutes so I realized after that I never even used it); I expect to retire on its eBay sale soon. :D

figrin bran
06-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Flame war! Flame war! Where's a Mod when you need 'em? :rolleyes:

I wonder if there will be anything different to the ride/wait line, or just the fact that you rode it that last time? I saved my Fast Pass from this year at DW (I didn't mean to, just that the wait time was under 15 minutes so I realized after that I never even used it); I expect to retire on its eBay sale soon. :D

I don't expect there to be any changes to the queue as all the money in the upgrade is probably going to the simulators. However, they're being extremely tight lipped about the project so who knows?

As far as I know, they've only revealed two photos - one of podracing on Tatooine, the other of Coruscant, which admittedly I'm a bit sick of seeing thanks to Clone Wars.

Darth Metalmute
06-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know if the closure of Star Tours 1 will result in taking down the AT-AT, Ewok village, and Endor Bunker display in Florida?

I was loosely planning on going to Disney World this summer, but if the display is coming down, I will change loosely to definately.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know if the closure of Star Tours 1 will result in taking down the AT-AT, Ewok village, and Endor Bunker display in Florida?

I was loosely planning on going to Disney World this summer, but if the display is coming down, I will change loosely to definately.I would say doubtful; I wonder if they'd just add more Tatooine and Coruscant displays around it. Maybe they'll move the Endor stuff to somewhere else in the park. But, I read that they're keeping the ride open until sometime in August, so your summer trip might be safe.

2-1B
06-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I got mine yesterday, a friend brought it back for me from a trip to Disney World...it's pretty cool. Well, Teek anyway. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
07-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Bel-Cam Jos is my new favorite forumite (seeing as how Slicker's Mom isn't registered), since he personally delivered a Teek figure into my grubby paws a few hours ago.

I'm still too in awe to open him, but will do so when I stop running around the house, giggling like a schoolgirl.

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Glad you finally got your wish, Chux.

I recently got the set with Teek, and there he is, sitting there in the box, waiting for me to figure out what the hell I'm going to do with this set. I fear I may leave it boxed as it means more to me as a Star Tours fan than as 5 action figures. I do want to mess with Ree Yee's awesome camera though, so I likely will open it.

El Chuxter
07-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Teek has been freed, and he is an awesome little figure, even aside from being Teek in plastic form. I want to take pictures of him, but I can't exactly re-create Battle for Endor scenes, and haven't had any good ideas for anything awesome enough for one so transcendentally sweet.

El Chuxter
07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Smell the awesomeness.

O YES!!

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Your first photo of him and he's not in focus, either that's insulting or he's moving so fast that he can't stay in focus, even when sitting.

Why would Teek drive the Mach 6?

DarkJedi5
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM

To pick up chicks. Duh.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Why would Teek drive the Mach 6?To see what cruising feels like? :zinger: :p Two miles an hour, so everybody sees you.

I'm more concerned about having Snake Eyes so close to booze. You know how undisciplined he is.

El Chuxter
07-08-2010, 07:54 PM

So he doesn't get his feet dirty.

JediTricks
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
To pick up chicks. Duh.It's a single-seater, so he can get their attention, but then he's left driving away alone.

To see what cruising feels like? :zinger: :p Two miles an hour, so everybody sees you....Ugh, sees you driving that fugly turdburger of a car.

So he doesn't get his feet dirty.Didn't seem to bother him on Endor.

El Chuxter
07-08-2010, 08:15 PM
That's because we didn't see the end, just after Noa left, when he stopped for the first time in his life to look at his feet and realized how cruddy they were after a lifetime spent running through Ewok droppings at super-speed.

ChukhaTrok76
07-09-2010, 01:00 AM
That picture is so awesome I almost can't look at it. Almost but yeah...that is the Awesome sqaured extreme team.

Darth Metalmute
07-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Is that Universe Starscream with Masterpiece Primes Megatron gun?

El Chuxter
07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
No, it's the American (WM exclusive) version of the Masterpiece Starscream with Masterpiece Prime's Megatron. (It just makes more sense for me to have it displayed with Starscream than Prime, since the Prime thing was just one scene in one episode.)

Darth Metalmute
07-09-2010, 12:44 PM
All that's missing now is Jocasta Nu and your scene will be finished.

El Chuxter
07-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Shortly after this picture was taken, they bedded every fictional woman* within ten million miles. Twice. Jocasta was definitely involved. Awww yeah.

*--In case you're wondering, Snake Eyes stayed faithful to his beloved Scarlett, and also kept his friends away from her. Though he did have to beat up some dork named Conrad who kept insisting, falsely, that he was Scarlett's ex from some cartoon.

Darth Metalmute
07-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Shortly after this picture was taken, they bedded every fictional woman* within ten million miles. Twice. Jocasta was definitely involved. Awww yeah.

Was that before or after they finished off those Sam Adams?

Darth Metalmute
07-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Was that before or after they finished off those Sam Adams?

JediTricks
07-09-2010, 03:19 PM
No, it's the American (WM exclusive) version of the Masterpiece Starscream with Masterpiece Prime's Megatron. (It just makes more sense for me to have it displayed with Starscream than Prime, since the Prime thing was just one scene in one episode.)I have my US MP Starscream the same way.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-18-2010, 12:11 PM
It's a Teek-apaloosa! Recent searches have brought up:

- ST Boarding Party 5-figure set (knew about this one, even bought it)
- ST Boarding Party 5-pin set (knew about this one, have been watching it to see if price is right)
- ST Boarding Party 5-ornament set (didn't know about this one, not surprised it exists though)
- Teek "Piece of History" pin (with cushion from Star Tours ride, interesting)
- and this lovely excerpt:

Teek by Steven Krane (1999, Paperback).
A powerful covert Agency's secret experiments on unwitting subjects have unexpected repercussions when the children of some of its victims--ones who had escaped the Agency's control--unleash their own remarkable talents. Original.
The Agency has gone beyond acceptable government bounds and is conducting experiments on some unsuspecting victims. Allison, suffering from mysterious headaches, is positive she is being stalked by Chuck Wilson. But it is Chuck who is being stalked by the Agency. Inadvertently, he's leading them straight to Allison.

Publisher: DAW Books
ISBN-10: 0886778468. ISBN-13: 9780886778460
Could this "Chuck" have been based on our very own El Chuxter? Children were on Endor, and were "unsuspecting victims" of Teek's thievery. And the book's cover has someone running by!

JimJamBonds
12-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Two miles an hour, so everybody sees you.

Minus two points to you B-CJ for quoting the "Fresh Prince."

Minus two points to me for knowing the above quote. :hangsheadinshame: