PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro is tormenting me.

cloneemperor
02-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Check it out here. (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbro_Transformers_Toy_Fair_Secrets_Revealed_1294 43.asp) At the bottom of the page.

I nearly had a heart attack when I read:
ACTION FLEET TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE BATTLE TRACK Set and
ACTION FLEET TRANSFORMERS STEALTH FORCE OPTIMUS PRIME Vehicle

Needless to say I was mildly upset to see what they were calling "Action Fleet"

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Ugh, no way. Bad form.

_Jad_
02-13-2010, 05:42 PM
"Action Fleet" indeed. That is an affront to good taste!

Jangu Fett
02-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Huge, huge mis-use of the name "Action Fleet". Tranformers "Hotwheels" Rip-offs.

Hasbro is also tormenting me, in one photo of the Galactic Heroes sets, underneath the new 2010 ships are a R2-D2 Trouble game. And what looks like a Epic Duels set with a ATT,that was shown at last years TF. Whats that about?

Aside from those 2 things, I can't complain. Everything else looks good, and I'm even really liking the new Star Wars "Hotwheels" Rip-offs, the new Speed Stars. Can't really see them lasting past this year though.

Darth Duranium
02-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Wow... looks like the final nail in the coffin of our "Action Fleet". Most uncool.

At the same time, they release the Speed Stars as a slap across the face of jones-ing Titanium fans.

Well, that'll be it for Hasbro products and me. With AF, Titanium, and WOTC all dead there's nothing left for me to buy from them.

cloneemperor
02-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Sadly, I'll still come back if the resurrect Titanium, but I'm supremely unimpressed by this move.

Darth Jax
02-15-2010, 09:38 PM
you're surprised??? remember this is the company that took a pretty cool line of plastic 7" statues (which had an equally devoted fanbase, but only sold moderately) and shrunk them down to micro sized but kept the name the same.

El Chuxter
02-15-2010, 10:14 PM
The Unleashed actually sold well, but was canceled because, in 2005, the sales didn't increase as much as other lines did. It was slow sales, it was the lack of a dramatic increase in sales.