PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair coverage tidbits, live info now

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 03:17 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=60&p2_articleid=2692

I'm posting them as they come in, so keep updating.

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Zuckuss & 4-LOM celebration 5 exclusive 2pack sounds really fun, clever.

El Chuxter
02-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Interesting choice, but will there be any differences between them and the current Zuckuss and 4-LOM?

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 03:25 PM
They'll be the modern figures but have vintage-style paintjobs, I believe.

El Chuxter
02-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Interesting. I'm assuming you mean the one-tone paint, with maybe a tad of rust on 4-LOM? I can see what they're going for, but it sounds like that's not for me.

Ah well. They gave me Teek, so I don't care if the rest of the year is just Clonetroopers.

AmanaMatt
02-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Those are cool, and the vintage jet back Fett was a huge surprise

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 04:04 PM
4-LOM (aka "Zuckuss" in name only) seems to be that metallic gray color the original had. We've seen a leaked pic of it already. No pic of Zuckuss (aka "4-LOM" :p) but I think we can assume it'll be beige/tan. The idea of these 2 being on vintage cardbacks as a set is just too clever.

Not sure what's happening, I got those updates and then... silence. Hopefully that means photos are coming soon.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Well, some other sites' stuff is up . . . the Star Tours set includes Ree-Yees with a camera. I can really, truly die a happy man now. I seriously had a spasm of joy when I saw that.

From the rest of the slideshow:
*Clone Wars has some great stuff coming up. I'm jazzed for the Orto Plutonia figures and Pre Vizsla. There are several new speeders coming, which all look cool. Plo Koon is coming with what looks like a modified OT-style bike, so hopefully they can modify the mold for a new ROTJ one. The retail droid is coming in a battle pack.
*Vintage Han is from Echo Base, as we all assumed. It looks cool.
*The new Cloud Car Pilot has a mustache, just like one from the model used in the film (the other one is clean-shaven, just like the 2004 figure).
*Looks like ten figures in the ESB wave, two of which (Vader and Boba) are repacks.
*Mail-away rocket-firing Boba Fett is awesome. The actual firing missile is longer, which I suppose it has to be.
*The AT-AT is looking amazing. Very cool features, and the size is massive.
*Star Tours set includes Crew Member, Kaink (looks like a hood, but no shirt thing), Teek, repacked Ree-Yees with Camera (f' yeah), repacked POTJ Chewbacca (good for the scene).
*Exclusive comic packs are Visionaries Maul and Owen for Comic Con (repainted AOTC figure, but unfortunately not ROTS-accurate) and Camie and Fixer for Celebration V, which is exciting.
*Not sure what to think about the Zuckuss/4-LOM set. The reversed packaging thing is cool, but otherwise since I already have the figures it's not too exciting.

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Oh, I just fainted!

EDIT: More thoughts...

Saga Legends on the new cardbacks look weird.

Battle game looks sliiiiightly fun, will flunk miserably, this stuff never catches on with kids.

Yay, CW cloaked Magna Guard, Heater Pack Clone, and Fire Battle Droid. New Grievous with cloak seems to have new arms and legs (I really hope so).

CW Deluxe fig & vehicle, WTF is the CW 1 Speeder Bike doing there? I thought that tooling was LOST!!! That's unacceptable. The only thing missing then is the vanes? Big deal! MAKE NEW ONES! A mini Naboo Star Skiff? Too funny. Cad Bane's pirate Swoop looks boss. Mando Speederbike looks cool, I can't help it.

CW Battle Packs, a pack of clones to co-sell the R/C Hailfire droid, nice. Droids & Clones has a droid I can't remember that was in our polls, I think. It's based on the original Droideka design.

sonofsokol
02-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Does it look like the Cad Bane on the Pirate Bike has knee articulation??? That would be sweet:thumbsup:

I am loving the Cad Bane/Aura Sing and Republic Commando galactic heroes sets

El Chuxter
02-13-2010, 05:24 PM
The Ree-Yees too? I'm guessing he's not smoking, since that probably wouldn't go over well, but AWESOME!!!

I'm going to have to beg someone to get me Camie and Fixer, and I might want the cyborg Maul, too. I thought it was a dumb concept, but the design was cool, and I'm thinking it would make a nice figure.

JJL, where'd you find the pics?

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Yakface posted the pics on their facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=144030&id=202559486798&ref=mf
More thoughts...

Death of the Galactic Heroes Battle Packs. I'm not surprised, they languish on shelves.

A repaint on the Republic Fighter Tank already? Seems a little soon, better have nice wear or something else going on. Clone Swamp Speeder seems accurate, not exciting yet.

RC Hailfire looks wild, a little silly with the fat styling but kinda nifty.

"Vintage", 27 new figs this year, 10 greatest hits. Han is exactly what we all thought, looks ok. Another new Fett? Geez, bordering on overkill now. New Cloud Car Pilot, funky mustache. NEW 3PO!!! Finally, and he looks really good without chrome!

Rocket Fett, nicely done.

AT-AT looks cool in slideshow, but the front of the cockpit faceplants the design, just doesn't deliver, looks Galactic Heroes-esque.

Speaking of, G. Heroes AT-AT finally! Looks cool, cute with the stubby legs. Ironically, the head on that looks better than the mainline vehicle. :(

Boba Fett blaster & helmet? I wish I was a kid again.

Star Tours set looks fantastic, but it's a SW WEEKENDS EXCLUSIVE! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! SON OF A *****! THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Comic Packs. Yay, Maul vs Owen infinities. Looks great. Camie & Fixer, meh.

Love the exclusive Zuck & 4LOM packaging.

Hooray for removable blade Force FX!

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Live booth pics thoughts.

Ugh, the AT-AT comes so far to being right, then the front absolutely fails it. There is no getting around that fugly front window.

They tried to get too cute in the cockpit, that rear shelf seems to cram everything together too much.

I knew the AT-AT Commander fig wasn't supposed to be Veers.

Ugh, another running change figure? These haven't worked lately. But it's cool to see they're trying to do a different Cloud Car pilot.

Dengar looks twice as good as before, very impressed.

Han Echo Base looks good, I think I approve of the likeness, but it seems like it's the same stupid VTSC body underneath.

Luke looks good, but they may have overdone the wear.

What is the point of that Fett? It's not even sporting ESB colors. Maybe it's just a Greatest Hits figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2010, 05:42 PM
NEW 3PO!!! Finally, and he looks really good without chrome!
Somehow I didn't even notice this at first. It registered, but holy nuts, a super-articulated non-chrome C-3PO? With likely removable limbs, no less?!? Oh, and in the booth shots, you can see he has removable armor to show the TPM version. Awesome!!!

The Cloud Car Pilot's outfit is more in line with the concept art than the model, which I suppose is pretty cool since you can't really see him in the ship anyway.

Another new Fett? Geez, bordering on overkill now.
It looks like the Evolutions/LC mold. It's not a bad idea to bring him back out on the vintage card, I don't think, especially since he's always a popular choice.
EDIT: The slideshow shows the Evolutions mold, but the showroom has the first vintage version. Strange.

I initially thought Vader would be a repack, but now I'm not so sure. The head looks weirdly small, but that's probably just the angle. It looks like the TAC ANH version with the right hand that's able to hold the saber, but I can't tell if the armor is over or under the chest plate. It might be a retooled version for ESB, which would be enough to warrant a purchase.

Why is 4-LOM out there? Is he coming as a repacked basic figure as well? Not a bad idea. I bet the card will have the correct name, so collectors will get both.

I like the AT-AT a lot, actually. I'm extremely pleased with how it looks. Definitely miles ahead of the old one, and it looks like a lot of fun.

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Updated the article with more.

Photos are going up now.

Legacy Vehicles, AT-AT in place

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Vintage AT-AT packaging? That sounds cool, but I really wonder what it will look like. Are they gonna use that box with the kids on it?

Oh, and I think I'll finally get a Force FX saber this year, with the removable blade. That looks cool.

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 05:55 PM
The AT-AT has 2 packaging options, Steve just posted pics of vehicles and there is the blue packaging.

Ji'dai
02-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow, I've wanted that mail-away rocket-firing Fett since 1979! I still have the insert that came with the mail-away Fett that explains who the character is and why Kenner changed the figure:

Vintage Kenner Boba Fett Insert front (http://i47.tinypic.com/egbpy9.jpg)

Vintage Kenner Boba Fett Insert back (http://i50.tinypic.com/mh6o2a.jpg)

Like the "vintage" waves a lot, including the long-coat Han Solo. Still want a SA Bespin Han, Hasbro!

Rik Duel
02-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Han has the same skinny legs-body? I can't quite tell. Other than that, good stuff. The cards look great. Anybody have a good method for opening figures but keeping the cards as nice as possible?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2010, 06:24 PM
The new Clone Wars Grievous looks much more accurate to the show than the first one. I like the Lair of Grievous faceplate, too.

Hey, new SA Mace. What's with the Mando helmet? Was that something I missed on last night episode? It looks like Jango with the viewfinder.

New SA Kit Fisto, nice. He's smiling, too.

Commander Battle Droid - not surprising, but nice to have.

El Chuxter
02-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Who's the dude in the AT-AT with the two Snowtroopers? Clonetrooper of some sort, I assume, but I can't fully see the head.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Who's the dude in the AT-AT with the two Snowtroopers? Clonetrooper of some sort, I assume, but I can't fully see the head.
It's an ARF Trooper. I have no idea why it's in there.

El Chuxter
02-13-2010, 06:29 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHERE?!?!? I must see this ASAP!!

bigbarada
02-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Okay, first thoughts:

I find it kind of funny that Hasbro is using the Saga AT-AT Driver instead of their new version. I wonder if that will be the version it is actually packed with or did they just not have any Legacy AT-AT Drivers available in time for Toy Fair?

Saga Legends Bossk! :thumbsup:

The AT-AT itself? First of all, I really, really, really, really hope that those side guns are interchangeable with more screen accurate versions. And after seeing the front, I went from 100% sure that I was going to buy this to about 90% sure. Definitely waaaaay too many compromises to the exterior of the toy for the sake of interior play value. I understand these are not model kits (although if someone did make a screen accurate AT-AT model that was over 2 feet all and cost less than $300, then I'd be all over it), but it actually seems to be a "two steps forward, three steps back" kind of progression when compared to the vintage toy.

Also pretty disappointed that Kaink is going to be the shirtless Star Tours version and not the fully-clothed Ewok movie version. I've never ridden the Star Tours ride, and apparently I never will, so I might just get Teek off of Ebay and wait for a repack of Kaink with all of her clothes on. This is probably a bigger disappointment to me than the AT-AT head. :cry:

Galactic Heroes AT-AT looks awesome!

Are we NOT going to be able to purchase vintage style figures this year without those Boba Fett offer stickers screwing up the card images? Look at the placement of the sticker on Han Solo's card. The first all-new, "vintage" Star Wars carded figure in 25 years that they do that to it? :mad:

New Threepio is almost too good to be true, because I had actually given up hope that we would see a decent SA Threepio given Hasbro's recent Q&As.

I'm waiting on more images.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2010, 06:40 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHERE?!?!? I must see this ASAP!!
Oops, sorry. It's just a Clone Wars version, so no good for you. I would absolutely love to see a grinnin' Kit on a vintage-styled card, though.

El Chuxter
02-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Dang.... Sometime later in 2010, I'll have to assume. :D

I found it odd that they actually made a dedicated "Kit using Force on C-3PO" figure for the Target 2-pack, then had a non-grinning head on him, especially when the package artwork shows him grinning.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Dang.... Sometime later in 2010, I'll have to assume. :D

I found it odd that they actually made a dedicated "Kit using Force on C-3PO" figure for the Target 2-pack, then had a non-grinning head on him, especially when the package artwork shows him grinning.
Well, in the movie, he smiles after he holds out his hand, so it wouldn't have been correct anyway.

Just saw that the Anakin with mini-Naboo skiff is the version from Senate Spy, with the Naboo pilot armor. Killer! It's also cool to have that ship, even if it is a scaled-down version. Also good to have Plo's starfighter and the camo ARF Trooper.

morpheus282
02-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Are we NOT going to be able to purchase vintage style figures this year without those Boba Fett offer stickers screwing up the card images? Look at the placement of the sticker on Han Solo's card. The first all-new, "vintage" Star Wars carded figure in 25 years that they do that to it? :mad:

I saw somewhere (getting too old to remember exactly where) that Hasbro would be using low tack adhesive on those stickers to prevent damage to the cards when the sticker is removed.

Snowtrooper
02-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, I've got mixed feelings about the AT-AT's head.

On the one hand, its an improvement over the old version and I think it looks good. The big window and the guns don't bother me at all.

On the other hand, its(obviously) still not movie accurate and they could have easily done that. When comparing it to movie shots, I think the new head is too narrow in the front. There just seems to be more bulk to the sides of the window when looking at movie pics.

Overall, the vehicle is still one bad mo fo and I''m definitely in for one. I'd like to get it in the vintage box, but if its $30 more for the special packaging, forget it.

bigbarada
02-13-2010, 08:05 PM
I saw somewhere (getting too old to remember exactly where) that Hasbro would be using low tack adhesive on those stickers to prevent damage to the cards when the sticker is removed.

Somebody over on RS mentioned that. I hope it's true because I'm peeling all of those stickers off.

LTBasker
02-13-2010, 08:47 PM
WTF is the CW 1 Speeder Bike doing there? I thought that tooling was LOST!!! That's unacceptable. The only thing missing then is the vanes? Big deal! MAKE NEW ONES!

In their defense, they also have to do redo the bottom where the turret goes, and the rear pack behind the seat. Meticulous modifications, ya know. Granted, that does seem to be easier than making a whole new vehicle...

Seriously, that's a pretty lame move. How difficult would it be for them to make a new vane, retool the bottom and pack spot, cast it in sturdy plastic and toss the thing on plastic supports for some OT goodness?

I guess we'll have to wait until at least 2013 to possibly see it, although it will most likely be mediocre.

morpheus282
02-13-2010, 08:56 PM
From what I'm seeing, I'm actually going to save quite a bit of money this year. They've got some decent stuff on display, but other than the AT-AT there isn't much that I have to buy. I'll probably get the new snowspeeder and a few of the figures (IF I can find them), but even with the AT-AT I probably won't spend nearly what I did in 2009.

Devo
02-13-2010, 09:02 PM
I think the C-3PO is terrible! How come you guys are liking it again?? Why can't they paint threepio like they did in the Freeze frame POTF2 era??? Why does he always have to be either too clean and shiny or too dull like this or the Saga deluxe escape pod figure?

bigbarada
02-13-2010, 09:09 PM
I think the C-3PO is terrible! How come you guys are liking it again?? Why can't they paint threepio like they did in the Freeze frame POTF2 era??? Why does he always have to be either too clean and shiny or too dull like this or the Saga deluxe escape pod figure?

I didn't know about the removable panels when I made my comment, I just saw the photo from the slideshow. However, I'm not too quick to judge since hand-painted prototypes rarely fit together well (just look at Hoth Leia's hips for an example of that). I'm hoping that the production figure will be "tighter."

morpheus282
02-13-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm kind of apathetic about the C-3P0 right now. I'll reserve final judgement until he hits the pegs. I'm not sure about the sculpt or the paint job but I like the removable coverings. The arms look more Clone Wars than anything.

Darth Metalmute
02-13-2010, 09:17 PM
The Death of the Galactic Heroes cinema scenes? Does that mean no more vehicles before we get a TIE Fighter?

As for the AT-AT, the cockpit doesn't look as if it can fit 6 figures as previously stated.

The Naboo Skiff is funny since I suggested in one of Tyhco's vehicle polls that they turn Padme's ship into a single figure vehicle. Doesn't look as good as I invisioned it.

Wasn't force battlers a failed line before?

morpheus282
02-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Wasn't force battlers a failed line before?

I was thinking (hoping) the same thing.

DarkJedi5
02-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Ugh, another running change figure? These haven't worked lately. But it's cool to see they're trying to do a different Cloud Car pilot.

Are you sure? I've seen pics that have a carded mustachioed cloud car pilot and then there's a loose one that has no mustache painted on but a close up reveals that it is sculpted on the upper lip. I think there's only gonna be one.

figrin bran
02-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Hooray we're getting Dak!

Hooray also for Ree Yees in the Star Tours set. If I'm not mistaken, the Disney theme park Jedi Academy box set was a SW Weekends exclusive at first so it should stand to reason that they'll be available outside of SW Weekends. (at least I hope)

I definitely want that GH AT-AT

LTBasker
02-13-2010, 09:55 PM
If I recall right, Force Battlers held decent amount of interest with the stylized sculpting, but a high price killed the line.

figrin bran
02-13-2010, 10:17 PM
It looks like CW Pre Vizla and the Mando from the speeder have ball jointed hips which is a first for the CW line.

El Chuxter
02-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Force Battlers actually looked pretty cool, but a combination of the price and laziness on Hasbro's part (like multiple Vaders and Obi-Wans) spelled the line's doom.

bigbarada
02-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Well, I'm assuming that this was the brunt of the news for Toy Fair. As usual most everything was revealed through leaked photos or rumors; but there are a few pleasant surprises for me at least:

1. C-3PO - I'm withholding final judgement until I see the figure in my hand, but I'm glad to finally see a realistic SA version.

2. Clone Wars ARF Trooper - with camouflaged paint scheme! :thumbsup: This is the one figure I've wanted from the very first time I saw them in the Clone Wars pilot/movie. I've been holding off buying the white ARF Troopers in the hopes that this version was on the way.

3. Camie and Fixer! - I never expected these figures and making them the Celebration 5 exclusive is perfect (although I will end up buying them from HTS).

4. Galactic Heroes AT-AT - not much of a surprise really, but it just looks soooooo cool. :love:

5. Again, Saga Legends Bossk!!!!!

sonofsokol
02-13-2010, 10:31 PM
It looks like CW Pre Vizla and the Mando from the speeder have ball jointed hips which is a first for the CW line.

The ARF Trooper has ball jointed hips.

The new Clone Wars Grievous looks much more accurate to the show than the first one. I like the Lair of Grievous faceplate, too.

Hey, new SA Mace. What's with the Mando helmet? Was that something I missed on last night episode? It looks like Jango with the viewfinder.

Commander Battle Droid - not surprising, but nice to have.

Does it look like the bottom half of Mace is unfinished, like he should have some sort of soft goods below the waist??? It just doesn't look right to me.

The Plo Koon and Cad Bane get new knee articulation so they can ride their speeder bikes too which is a big plus. Plo Koon's current figure has a VERY wide stance.

The new Grievous looks like a big improvement, maybe he'll even be able to stand :shocked: That would be sweet.

Love the new Kit Fisto

I love the upgrades on a lot of these Clone Wars figures, but now I feel like I have to buy them all over again... :ermm:

Last thought for now, I hope that when they say no more Galactic Hero Cinema Scenes then are referring to the multifigure packs that are mostly repacks and not the vehicles... The vehicles are the best part. If they stop making vehicles, I'm afraid that the line wouldn't last long.:sad:

One more last thought: That Galactic Heroes Cad Bane may be the coolest GH figure yet.

autumnsdescent
02-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Ultra excited about the 27 new Vintage figs - even though we haven't seen all of them yet. Cards look great. The figs, for the most part, look great!

Hoth Leia has one of the most accurate face sculpts I've seen yet. :thumbsup:

The new Han looks great! The face sculpt on him is also the most accurate I've seen on a Han figure to date.

I held off on purchasing the Comic 2-pack with Dengar in it a couple years back because he wasn't fully SA. Very pleased to get a fully SA figure in such great detail!

Could Car pilot was originally going to be a pass for me (along with the vehicle itself). Seeing pics of him without the helmet, and being SA, I may very well pick him up after all.

Completely disappointed with the C3PO. Looks like a CW version to me. Looks odd for some reason. Without the metallic paint, he just doesn't look right on the finished card.

I though the last Vintage ESB Luke released was the best version of the figure so far. Now they've done a complete re-sculpt. I will probably pick it up to have it, but how much better can it be than the last release?

Very happy to get a Dak figure!

Will pick up the generic AT-AT Commander but wish it was Veers...

Will probably pick up the Vintage Vader as a keepsake not to open.

Not going after new AT-AT. This, for some reason, really just doesn't impress me. My vintage AT-AT proudly sits on display and seems as good as the new one to me. So I hope all of you run out and buy at least 2 or 3 of the new one or it will most likely spell the death of the large vehicle line.

Might pick up the new snowspeeder, we'll see.

I think there are about half a dozen total CW figures I might pick up:
* Anything Mandalorian
* The Aura Sing looks great!
* Snow clone trooper looks cool.

You guys can have Kit Fisto - the character has never really interested me.

If I had known they would do a retool on Cad Bane with articulated knees so soon, I would have passed on the original figure. Now I feel cheated.

Never rode Star Tours. Always wanted to. The figures in the Disney Weekends exclusive pack really don't interest me at all. So that leaves more for all of you! Now if they released a pack with Noah, Cindal, and her brother, I might pick that up...

Eagerly awaiting the Force Unleashed packs at TRU in a couple months! :D

Very bummed the new comic packs (Maul + Owen and Cami + Fixxer) are exclusives. The figures look really well done and I would very much like to add them to my collection. Here's hoping Hasbro Toy Shop gets them and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. Even if I do make it out to Celebration V this year, I'm not wasting my time standing in line for hours and hours, trying to buy those packs, just to get to get told when I get to the counter that they ran out of their daily supply (which happened to me 7 times in CII & CIII).

Really looking forward to SDCC when they reveal the rest of the Vintage line.

I wonder what other "newer" figures (besides Bossk - who was one of the best Vintage redo's a couple years ago!) will be in the Legends line; that is, figures we haven't seen in a while. I have yet to purchase a single figure under the Legends banner. 90% or more of my figure purchases have been under the Legacy (now Vintage) line.

All-in-all, it looks like a year where I will spend less than half of what I did in 2009 on Star Wars products. But the products I am purchasing are of very high quality in my opinion. And if I had the choice of a plentiful year of mediocre product or a year with few but quality products, I'll take the latter every time. So it's a big win for me!

bigbarada
02-13-2010, 11:09 PM
So, when do we get a new The Vintage Collection section? :)

AmanaMatt
02-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Vintage figures look good, real good. Very happy with the Dengar, Bespin Luke and Hoth Leia. The at-at commander figure, cloud car pilot figures looks excellent too. Dak - fantastic. Wish we would get a new Biggs with gear that looks this good

The new c-3p0 looks to be about the worst version of the character since 1995. I mean, it looks like a tragedy as shown in the carded pic. Awful and laughably so.

At-At - will probably end up getting this one...we'll see

Cloud Car - oh, yeah

dindae
02-14-2010, 12:12 AM
(just look at Hoth Leia's hips for an example of that). I'm hoping that the production figure will be "tighter."

Personally I like my Leias a little loose in the hips.

I'm still really impressed with Luke and Leia sculpts. I liked pretty much everything in the Vintage collection. I'm especially excited about the rocket Boba.

I am still bummed about 27 new figures. 4 waves will be easy to get.

I will get the AT-AT I think. Especially since there will be little else to pick up.

Ironically I will probably buy more comic packs this year than last year.

morpheus282
02-14-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm hoping that the production figure will be "tighter."

Personally I like my Leias a little loose in the hips.

Y'all just ain't right.

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Force Battlers make more sense with Clone Wars. I doubt they'll take off any better though.

Wow, I've wanted that mail-away rocket-firing Fett since 1979! I still have the insert that came with the mail-away Fett that explains who the character is and why Kenner changed the figure:

Vintage Kenner Boba Fett Insert front (http://i47.tinypic.com/egbpy9.jpg)

Vintage Kenner Boba Fett Insert back (http://i50.tinypic.com/mh6o2a.jpg)That's rad. Plus, they offered to give the returner any figure of their choice, nowadays it'd be of the company's choice.

The info on the back is a little wrong, "A Wookie [sic] Holiday". :p

Han has the same skinny legs-body? I can't quite tell. Other than that, good stuff. The cards look great. Anybody have a good method for opening figures but keeping the cards as nice as possible?Pretty sure it's the same votc legs.

With coffin blisters in the modern line, they put in trays, so I slice the sides and bottom of the blister and leave the top closed, acting as a hinge. Works great.

Commander Battle Droid - not surprising, but nice to have.The Jango helmet with Mace seems to have a thermal detonator in it, my guess is it comes from an episode we haven't seen yet. I'm wondering if he's training or something and it's a hologram or some cheat.

I dig the Grievous.

The AT-AT itself? First of all, I really, really, really, really hope that those side guns are interchangeable with more screen accurate versions. And after seeing the front, I went from 100% sure that I was going to buy this to about 90% sure. Definitely waaaaay too many compromises to the exterior of the toy for the sake of interior play value. I understand these are not model kits (although if someone did make a screen accurate AT-AT model that was over 2 feet all and cost less than $300, then I'd be all over it), but it actually seems to be a "two steps forward, three steps back" kind of progression when compared to the vintage toy.I suspect the head is this thing's downfall. The front window is a disaster, the interior is cramped due to the screen, and those side guns I suspect are what it's stuck with.

Also pretty disappointed that Kaink is going to be the shirtless Star Tours version and not the fully-clothed Ewok movie version. I've never ridden the Star Tours ride, and apparently I never will, so I might just get Teek off of Ebay and wait for a repack of Kaink with all of her clothes on. This is probably a bigger disappointment to me than the AT-AT head. :cry:I'm disappointed at the exclusive venue for this piece. That sucks. Kaink's missing tunic is weird though.

New Threepio is almost too good to be true, because I had actually given up hope that we would see a decent SA Threepio given Hasbro's recent Q&As.Looking at the carded photo on RS, it appears our dreams haven't come true. They went gimmicky and it looks horrible, face and stomach are so bad. I hope the final version isn't that.

In their defense, they also have to do redo the bottom where the turret goes, and the rear pack behind the seat. Meticulous modifications, ya know. Granted, that does seem to be easier than making a whole new vehicle... The folded up poncho on the back could be a new accessory, molded separately. The turret mount is close enough, since they're doing a new gun either way they may as just keep that piece and work with it. It's easier than cutting into this steel again.

Are you sure? I've seen pics that have a carded mustachioed cloud car pilot and then there's a loose one that has no mustache painted on but a close up reveals that it is sculpted on the upper lip. I think there's only gonna be one.I see what you mean, I think you're correct.

If I'm not mistaken, the Disney theme park Jedi Academy box set was a SW Weekends exclusive at first so it should stand to reason that they'll be available outside of SW Weekends. (at least I hope) I think you're mistaken, the exclusive was some beanie figures, I think.

It looks like CW Pre Vizla and the Mando from the speeder have ball jointed hips which is a first for the CW line.Mace 2 also seems to have 'em.

The ARF Trooper has ball jointed hips.True, but those are a different type of ball hinge joint.

So, when do we get a new The Vintage Collection section? :)The line, annoyingly, is called "Vintage". We already have a forum called "Vintage". I vote for calling the line "Vintage Legacy" or "Modern Vintage" (which is totally stupid).

sonofsokol
02-14-2010, 12:41 AM
I was at Toys R Us yesterday and saw the new TRU exclusive brown-ish STAP seen in the Hasbro Slide Show (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/slideshow-presentation/p33285-hasbro-star-wars.html) I didn't think to look the the scout speeder bike, but at the time I didn't realize that they were not supposed to drop until May as the slide points out. This may warrant an emergency TRU run.

bigbarada
02-14-2010, 12:42 AM
The line, annoyingly, is called "Vintage". We already have a forum called "Vintage". I vote for calling the line "Vintage Legacy" or "Modern Vintage" (which is totally stupid).

I guess Hasbro Star Wars The Vintage Collection is the way to go. You could even put "The Vintage Collection" in quotes just to further separate it.

I do agree that "Vintage" is a weird name for it. I would have preferred "Classic" or even "The Kenner Collection" since the Kenner logo is on all the cards.

Looking at the carded photo on RS, it appears our dreams haven't come true. They went gimmicky and it looks horrible, face and stomach are so bad. I hope the final version isn't that.

Yeah, the more I see of that Threepio, the more horrified I get. But I'm not giving up hope until I see the figure in my hand.

El Chuxter
02-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Neo-Vintage (2010-present) ???

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 01:28 AM
"Vintage" isn't even the official name, so any of those are viable. They just want to distance themselves from "The Legacy Collection" which didn't perform well.

LTBasker
02-14-2010, 02:27 AM
The folded up poncho on the back could be a new accessory, molded separately. The turret mount is close enough, since they're doing a new gun either way they may as just keep that piece and work with it. It's easier than cutting into this steel again.

Excellent point on the poncho, I completely forgot that's what it was. :thumbsup:

I was mostly being cynically sarcastic on "defense" of them, but if they really don't have the original sculpting for the tiny bottom turret, then I think they should at least change it to a modular setup. How do you mean they're making a new gun, though? It looks the same as the original CW release, which was mounted in such an incredibly stupid way.

Speaking of guns, almost forgot...

Boba Fett blaster & helmet? I wish I was a kid again.

They're not exactly going to clash with the Nerf arsenal, ya know. ;) I plan on picking up the Fett rifle, it looks like they really tried to be faithful to it. Not big on the voice changer helmets, though, so that's a skip.

Oh, any information in regard to the phase I Darktrooper, or even the phase III?

sebillba
02-14-2010, 03:03 AM
Hooray also for Ree Yees in the Star Tours set.

This is just a repack of the POTF2 figure, with a camera, right? If it is, I'll just pick up a loose Teek, and maybe Kaink (just noticed, he has a soft goods hood). But if it's new, I'll have to try and get the set.

3. Camie and Fixer! - I never expected these figures and making them the Celebration 5 exclusive is perfect (although I will end up buying them from HTS).

I'm probably seeing things, but is Camie holding a little dog??

Neuroleptic
02-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Due to budget (going to school full time and not working is not fun here folks) and lack of space I doubt I'll buy any of the vehicles unless the snowspeeder is small enough to put on the shelf next to the A-wing.

Figures there's only three I want. C-3PO (Why all the hate on this guy? I think he looks SWEET! Super articulated not crome, removable pannels, All he needs is to have removable limbs and he'd be the definitive version for me), Leia, only because I need a hoth leia tha'ts somewhat decent to put with my core characters empire strikes back figures and rocket fireing boba fet.

Since I have to buy 5 to get rocket fireing boba fet, I'll probably buy 2 3PO one Leia . . . . and the rest I'll have to see in person and just decide. 3PO is the absolute must have of the august wave though! I'm wondering what will be coming out closer to X-mas. A new vintage R2-D2 would be epic if they do it right. Maybe one that opens doors like the clone wars one or one with the lightsaber firing out of his head? Those are the only two of him I want at this point as I'm happy with the rest in my collection.

Slicker
02-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Looking over the pictures it once again got me excited for Star Wars. Sadly, I've found that I only seem to get excited for Star Wars about this time of year anymore.

Although I despise what fanboys have done to Boba Fett I must admit that I LOVE the idea of that vintage Fett. It's definitely a great throwback. That being said I sincerely hope that they don't release every vintage figure like that. If so it'll utterly kill the uniqueness of the Fett.

The AT-AT...*sigh* I'll wait and see. Right now it looks like and upscaled vintage one with the electronics torn out to make room for a snowspeederbike.

Old Fossil
02-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I love all those Neo-Vintage figures, except Threepio, which looks ridiculous. But I'll be buying him, too, and continue my collection of carded Neo-Vintage figures.

I like the AT-AT a lot. I will be buying one at full price, for sure. I'd buy three if I could afford it. The added play features will more than make up for any issues of design and sculpting. Was that a Saga Collection AT-AT Driver I saw as the pack-in figure? Hope that's what we're getting. The Legacy Driver doesn't measure up.

I love the Cloud Car! Wonderful! They're making Bespin fun and interesting, as it always really was.

So is Bossk going to be the dominant card art for Saga Legends? Interesting. If so, I guess it might work, as Bossk is one of the visually more arresting characters in the saga. With drastically different cardbacks for CW, SL, and Neo-Vintage (NV), there should be a lot less mixing of the three separate lines on store pegs. NV in particular should stay put on its pegs just fine, due to the hole-punch.

Some of those comic packs look cool. But I doubt I'll bother tracking them down, even the Camie and Fixer pack.

Background Character
02-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Overall, I'm liking the figures. I think the C-3PO looks pretty good, but the arms are concerning me. Something seems a little off.

Not really feeling the Han. Would've preferred the ultimate Bespin version, but I guess this is an original take and fills the need for diorama builders.

The Boba Fett is a cool idea, but was anyone else hoping for the original image version that was pictured on cards when the original offer was published? I remember as a kid pulling off a giant cover-up sticker off the back of the original cards and expecting boba fett to look a little different. I was happier with the version sent to me in the mail, but for nostalgic purposes it would be cool to see the first original version. Don't have any images, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm referring to.

Jabbapalacespy
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Nothing interests me, except the AT-AT, which I'll never be able to afford. Sooooo, goodbye Hasbro!:whip:

. . . . at least until ComicCon.

Rik Duel
02-14-2010, 02:14 PM
If the rocker firing Fett is popular, maybe they'll do the blue snaggletooth next year. Beyond that, I can't think of any similar vintage "holy grails" for them to resurrect. Still wondering why they didn't use the "other" Bespin Luke vintage card since we just saw this one all over stores not too long ago.

It'll be interesting to see if the mere presence of those old cards causes a spike in the sales. (Do people not have the same nostalgia for the 1985 cards with the coin? I mostly just associate it with the Death of Star Wars and about a million yellowing, red-tagged B-Wing pilots )

bigbarada
02-14-2010, 02:29 PM
If the rocker firing Fett is popular, maybe they'll do the blue snaggletooth next year. Beyond that, I can't think of any similar vintage "holy grails" for them to resurrect. Still wondering why they didn't use the "other" Bespin Luke vintage card since we just saw this one all over stores not too long ago.

It'll be interesting to see if the mere presence of those old cards causes a spike in the sales. (Do people not have the same nostalgia for the 1985 cards with the coin? I mostly just associate it with the Death of Star Wars and about a million yellowing, red-tagged B-Wing pilots )

I think Hasbro said that they would never do coins as a pack in again. So, that rules out POTF replica cards. Although I wouldn't have a problem with them repacking figures like Amanaman on a ROTJ card, or Luke Stormtrooper on a Star Wars card.

But I think you have a good point in that the POTF cards are probably synonymous with the death of the vintage line in many old-school collectors eyes. And I do remember seeing the Star Wars section of Kaybee filled with nothing but POTF B-Wing Pilots as late as 1987.

I watched the slideshow presentation on YouTube and I have to say that I'm a little bummed that wave 2 will be an Ep3 wave. I guess this means ROTJ is wave 3 or 4. :(

morpheus282
02-14-2010, 02:32 PM
The blue snaggletooth would be cool. I think yak face would probably be the next in the line of holy grail figures, but since Kenner redid that one years ago it's probably right out.

I'm wondering if the vintage style figures are going to be near impossible to get due to scalpers snatching them all for eBay fodder, placing us back in the current problem of no Legacy and all CW on the pegs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
"Vintage" isn't even the official name, so any of those are viable. They just want to distance themselves from "The Legacy Collection" which didn't perform well.
Check out the cardback (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/basic-3-3-2f4-22-action-figures/p32944-hasbro-star-wars.html); the line's official name is The Vintage Collection.

This is just a repack of the POTF2 figure, with a camera, right? If it is, I'll just pick up a loose Teek, and maybe Kaink (just noticed, he has a soft goods hood). But if it's new, I'll have to try and get the set.
Yeah, it's just a repack/slight repaint. I really hope this set will be relatively easy to get.

So is Bossk going to be the dominant card art for Saga Legends? Interesting. If so, I guess it might work, as Bossk is one of the visually more arresting characters in the saga. With drastically different cardbacks for CW, SL, and Neo-Vintage (NV), there should be a lot less mixing of the three separate lines on store pegs. NV in particular should stay put on its pegs just fine, due to the hole-punch.
Um, no, Bossk is only going to be on the Bossk card. Obi-Wan is going to be on the Obi-Wan card. Yoda is going to be on the Yoda card. The Saga Legends cards are very similar to the Clone Wars cards (where Cad Bane is on the Cad Bane card, and Aurra Sing is on the Aurra Sing card, and so on).

Not really feeling the Han. Would've preferred the ultimate Bespin version, but I guess this is an original take and fills the need for diorama builders.
A new Bespin version is coming in 2011, as they've said several times before.

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Excellent point on the poncho, I completely forgot that's what it was. :thumbsup:

I was mostly being cynically sarcastic on "defense" of them, but if they really don't have the original sculpting for the tiny bottom turret, then I think they should at least change it to a modular setup. How do you mean they're making a new gun, though? It looks the same as the original CW release, which was mounted in such an incredibly stupid way.Ah, well your sarcasm was lost on me, I'm afraid. :p

I meant a new gun in that since they lost the tooling for the bike's normal look, they'd need to replace it, hence: new gun. Same gun, just a new mold.

They're not exactly going to clash with the Nerf arsenal, ya know. ;) I plan on picking up the Fett rifle, it looks like they really tried to be faithful to it. Not big on the voice changer helmets, though, so that's a skip.I believe the Fett rifle is the tooling they made back in the mid '90s before all those white Stormtrooper rifles and orange Han blasters tanked at market. If it shot darts, I'd get it. If it had clever lighting like the '99 Battle Droid Blaster (the barrel was ringed inside to catch the light in a straight line, looked great, they stopped using the gimmick for some reason) then I'd get it. But the helmet, that won't fit on my adult-sized mug.

Oh, any information in regard to the phase I Darktrooper, or even the phase III?They didn't bring the EU wave or mention it at all, apparently. Not sure what you're asking about though.

This is just a repack of the POTF2 figure, with a camera, right? If it is, I'll just pick up a loose Teek, and maybe Kaink (just noticed, he has a soft goods hood). But if it's new, I'll have to try and get the set.Ree Yees appears to be a reuse of the original, yes. Kaink is a she.

I'm probably seeing things, but is Camie holding a little dog?? You are correct, she's gone Paris Hilton on us.

Due to budget (going to school full time and not working is not fun here folks) and lack of space I doubt I'll buy any of the vehicles unless the snowspeeder is small enough to put on the shelf next to the A-wing.I think it will, it's been scaled down to be more accurate.

C-3PO (Why all the hate on this guy? I think he looks SWEET! Super articulated not crome, removable pannels, All he needs is to have removable limbs and he'd be the definitive version for me)He looks like he's pregnant and brainwashed on the carded sample.

Although I despise what fanboys have done to Boba Fett I must admit that I LOVE the idea of that vintage Fett. It's definitely a great throwback. That being said I sincerely hope that they don't release every vintage figure like that. If so it'll utterly kill the uniqueness of the Fett.They have confirmed this will be the only classic-styled figure they'll make.

The AT-AT...*sigh* I'll wait and see. Right now it looks like and upscaled vintage one with the electronics torn out to make room for a snowspeederbike.It's 100% different, bigger, more accurate body, and it has electronics.

I like the AT-AT a lot. I will be buying one at full price, for sure. I'd buy three if I could afford it. The added play features will more than make up for any issues of design and sculpting. Was that a Saga Collection AT-AT Driver I saw as the pack-in figure? Hope that's what we're getting. The Legacy Driver doesn't measure up.I disagree about the TLC Driver figure, but your choice is in the box they had there:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/vehicles/p32904-hasbro-star-wars.html

So is Bossk going to be the dominant card art for Saga Legends? Interesting. If so, I guess it might work, as Bossk is one of the visually more arresting characters in the saga. With drastically different cardbacks for CW, SL, and Neo-Vintage (NV), there should be a lot less mixing of the three separate lines on store pegs. NV in particular should stay put on its pegs just fine, due to the hole-punch.No, he's not the dominant card art, that's the Bossk Saga Legends card. Each figure's character art will be in that section.

Saga Legends and Clone Wars get to fight it out since they're the same cardback, Vintage gets to look different thank god.

Overall, I'm liking the figures. I think the C-3PO looks pretty good, but the arms are concerning me. Something seems a little off.The elbow ball hinge joints are similar to the Clone Wars version, and no inner pistons because of it.

Check out the cardback (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/basic-3-3-2f4-22-action-figures/p32944-hasbro-star-wars.html); the line's official name is The Vintage Collection.Yeesh, they can't even keep their info straight. We were told this wasn't the case, and yet there it is.

bigbarada
02-14-2010, 04:56 PM
There seem to be rumors of a Sail Barge floating around the net today. While that would be too awesome for words, it doesn't really seem possible that Hasbro would release two gigantic vehicles in a year that they claim to be scaling everything back.

Although, IIRC this is how news of the BMF first started to leak to the internet. It's not completely impossible (we are getting a Cloud Car after years of Hasbro saying that they would never rerelease it), but it's highly unlikely.

Supposedly the rumor started over at YodasNews.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Jedi Temple Archives (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/toyfair2010/hasbro/atat-comparison.jpg) did a little comparison between the new and old AT-ATs; someone held up a quarter next to the new one at Toy Fair and then superimposed the old one in at the correct scale. Obviously it's probably not 100% accurate but it should give us some idea of what to expect in terms of difference. That thing looks killer.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I like the basic figures that they showed. Dak is cool. I've sometimes considered trying to get the Snowspeeder that came with him, but that wasn't a very good figure anyway. So, now I can just get the nice new figure. Not sure if I will get the new Snowspeeder or not. I have the one with Zev.

Vader, 4-LOM and Boba Fett will be a pass unless there is something different about them, or if I decide I want to have the entire line carded. It would have been nice to see something beyond the one wave, but I guess since even these are still several months out, that would be getting ahead of things.

I'm not as excited about the Clone Wars line, but I'll continue to buy the figures. It's all the vehicles that I seem to have lost interest in, especially in that line. Space is a big factor there. I'm definitely going to get the Cloud Car and AT-AT though, as I don't have either of those except for Titanium and Action Fleet size.

I still have my original mail away Boba Fett in pretty good condition, though of course it doesn't have the firing rocket. That will be cool to get. I also hope to get those convention exclusives, particularly the Camie and Fixer comic pack and the Zuckuss/4-LOM set. Not sure about the set with Teek. That appears to be the only true new figure as everything else looks like a repack/repaint.

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Sail barge? No way.
Jedi Temple Archives (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/toyfair2010/hasbro/atat-comparison.jpg) did a little comparison between the new and old AT-ATs; someone held up a quarter next to the new one at Toy Fair and then superimposed the old one in at the correct scale. Obviously it's probably not 100% accurate but it should give us some idea of what to expect in terms of difference. That thing looks killer.30% bigger, just like I had said. Nicely done. Even if they were about the same size, those shots prove how fugly the old one is next to the new one.

Old Fossil
02-14-2010, 06:30 PM
I disagree about the TLC Driver figure, but your choice is in the box they had there:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/vehicles/p32904-hasbro-star-wars.html

Cool beans. I wish they'd reissue that one single carded in Saga Legends.

No, he's not the dominant card art, that's the Bossk Saga Legends card. Each figure's character art will be in that section.

D'oh!:rolleyes: My brain was unplugged.

Devo
02-14-2010, 09:57 PM
I can see the Sailbarge happening. Up until very recently Hasbro lied to us about the Cloud car and while I know thats a dramatically smaller vehicle I simply don't agree with their 'argument' about a Sailbarge not having much draw with kids. As Tycho frequently says there is tonnes of play possibilities with that thing - a Star Wars Pirate ship. It doesn't have to be the biggest toy ever made, I don't care if the desert skiffs look too big next to it, but big enough to fit Jabba and loads of henchmen on the inside and then of coure the deck with more play area. Assuming no further disaster for the line I'd say its a good possibility for the ROTJ anniversary at least.

bigbarada
02-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I can see the Sailbarge happening. Up until very recently Hasbro lied to us about the Cloud car and while I know thats a dramatically smaller vehicle I simply don't agree with their 'argument' about a Sailbarge not having much draw with kids. As Tycho frequently says there is tonnes of play possibilities with that thing - a Star Wars Pirate ship. It doesn't have to be the biggest toy ever made, I don't care if the desert skiffs look too big next to it, but big enough to fit Jabba and loads of henchmen on the inside and then of coure the deck with more play area. Assuming no further disaster for the line I'd say its a good possibility for the ROTJ anniversary at least.

Yeah, I highly doubt we'd see it this year, but if the AT-AT does well, then you have to imagine that Hasbro has a list of super-deluxe vehicles to do for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and so on.

Plus, whatever big vehicle they have planned for 2011 is probably way past the prototype stage by now. And if you consider the options, the Sail Barge climbs to the top of a very short list. The only other possibilities for BMF treatment that come to mind would be the Sandcrawler, a new Imperial Shuttle, a new Gunship, or the Clone Wars Attack Shuttle.

Then there is the whole Nikto Gunner situation, obviously his cannon was meant to clip onto something, just like last year's Slave Leia was sculpted with an extra set of seated legs just in case Hasbro might, theoretically, decide to make a new Jabba the Hutt (which we now know is on the way).

I agree that the 30th anniversary would be the perfect time for a Sail Barge, but I wouldn't complain if they decided to release one earlier. :)

AmanaMatt
02-14-2010, 11:44 PM
I'll do my part: At-At @ full price....! It looks decent...!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2010, 12:57 AM
So when people change their minds, everything they said before is a lie? Hasbro never lied, they just never planned on making a Cloud Car until recently. They seemed adamant about not making one, but I think the fan pressure caused them to cave. In the presentation (it's on YouTube), they mentioned how they were only sold when the designers added enough play features to make it interesting to a wider audience. But a $25 Cloud Car is a different thing entirely than a Sail Barge, which would have to be at least $100 and they've said they don't think it would do well.

bigbarada
02-15-2010, 01:17 AM
I've been keeping my eyes open for more about the Sail Barge rumor and it seems that it was just an offhand remark during the Q&A to Derryl DePriest from the brand manager of the Transformers line. Someone asked DePriest about what the big vehicle for 2011 might be and he stated that they didn't know for sure yet. The Transformers brand manager supposedly said, "we'd love to see the Sail Barge" and that was it.

Basically an offhand remark that's getting blown out of proportion. Unless you believe that the entire exchange between the two Hasbro managers was staged, but I don't.

So I guess that's it, no Sail Barge as far as we know. :( Ah well, it was exciting for a little bit there and made me realize just how much I actually want to see this toy made.

El Chuxter
02-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Camie be the first porn-star Star Wars figure?

bigbarada
02-15-2010, 03:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Camie be the first porn-star Star Wars figure?

With as many times as Ewan McGregor showed up naked in his pre-Ep1 films, I think that title might go to Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi.:D

JediTricks
02-15-2010, 05:07 AM
I can see the Sailbarge happening. Up until very recently Hasbro lied to us about the Cloud car and while I know thats a dramatically smaller vehicle I simply don't agree with their 'argument' about a Sailbarge not having much draw with kids. As Tycho frequently says there is tonnes of play possibilities with that thing - a Star Wars Pirate ship. It doesn't have to be the biggest toy ever made, I don't care if the desert skiffs look too big next to it, but big enough to fit Jabba and loads of henchmen on the inside and then of coure the deck with more play area. Assuming no further disaster for the line I'd say its a good possibility for the ROTJ anniversary at least.The term "Cloud Car" has been mentioned 42 times in the Q&A over its 4 years. Some of those are Titanium Series answers, some ask about the Cloud Car Pilot, some ask about them in general and don't get answers, some ask about the concept version, and some are post-confirmation of the new Cloud Car. These are everything else...
July 14, 2006
Action-Figure: Cloud Car, please discuss... is it coming and is the vintage mould availible to use or will it be a new one?
Hasbro: It's not coming. At least for the foreseeable future.

July 26, 2006
ActionFigs.com: ESB vehicles - are there any plans to make a new Rebel Transport ship from Hoth? What about a Bespin Cloud Car?
Hasbro: Not at this time. However, we are always hearing requests for the Cloud Car, so perhaps someday.

March 16, 2007
SWcollector.com: A Cloud Car question seems to come up from time to time, but we never seem to get much commentary back on it. Specifically, the big question that it seems like has not been definitively answered is, "Is the vintage tool still available and usable to re-release this vehicle at some point?"
Hasbro: The vintage tool is not available for the Cloud Car, which has left us with the problem of needing to do a new one if we make the decision to re-release. However, we don't feel it is one of the strongest to redo just yet. We will probably get to it someday. With the new vehicles we have on the slate, I think everyone would agree that holding off on a new Cloud Car is a worthwhile tradeoff. As for the other new vehicles, stay tuned for CIV or San Diego Comic Con for more details...they will be worth the wait.

April 13, 2007
Yakface.com: We're in the midst of the 30th anniversary celebration for A New Hope, but I was wondering if the seeds for the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back have been planted? Do you think you'll even do anything to commemorate the anniversary of ESB (good opportunity to finally get a Cloud Car out there dont you think? 'wink 'wink) Plus, 2009 marks the 10th anniversary of Phantom Menace. Do you think this would be a good opportunity to crank out some long awaited figures or a few overdue updates? More pod-racers, a SA Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and some new, previously unproduced versions of Amidala to name a few?
Hasbro: This year was not meant to be a celebration of A New Hope per se, but of the entire Saga. That's why our packaging and communications don't celebrate the original Star Wars film as much as the whole legacy of Star Wars as it was launched 30 years ago. Right now we don't see doing anything special for the 30th Anniversary of Empire specifcially, but something could resonate. It's too early to tell on that one, in any case. The Cloud Car is a low priority for us because there are many excellent newer vehicles we want to get get done first. Regarding Phantom Menace, yes, over the next couple of years you will see a focus on bringing out more of these characters, although in proportion with the other films of the Saga. You won't see a bigger emphasis on EpI in general, though.....but an important component in the Saga mix.

YodasNews.com: With all the apparent fan support from wishlists and purchases will we ever see a Cloud Car? Also with the McQuarrie concept figures could we see more of the concept vehicles?
Hasbro: The Cloud Car is a low priority for us because there are many excellent newer vehicles we want to get done first. Unfortunately, it suffers because the shape is not very aggressive compared to the rest of the vehicle universe, and the vintage one is one of the least expensive vintage vehicles to acquire meaning that either supply is large of the vintage one or demand just isn't that high compared to everything else. Also, due to cost of tooling, we don't rule out doing concept vehicles at some point, but we are concentrating our efforts on screen vehicles for now.

May 11, 2007
SSG: Will you ever be rereleasing the Geonosian Starfighter, perhaps as a repaint? The ship had only a small release in a non-movie line and could use a rerelease. If so, is there anything you can do to strengthen the droopy dual-nose issue? This is a great mold with a very nifty exclusive pilot figure, but that droopy nose thing detracts from this cool set. Hasbro:We'll look at it, but it's not high on our list (it's sort of like the Cloud Car, cool but maybe not as aggressive as vehicles). Part of that has also been because of the child safety constraints we must abide by for the nose of the vehicle, which makes it a little less "hard" than we'd like.

Jan 18, 2008
Toymania.com: Any chance of bringing forward that one vehicle that hasn't been out in the new line, the Twin Pod Cloud Car?
Hasbro: While there is a possibility we will update it in the future, the Cloud Car is much farther down on our list than other choices. It suffers a bit being not a very aggressive looking vehicle, and not that cool among among kids. It also seems to be one of the most abundant vintage vehicle and can be had very inexpensively, so we just haven't felt compelled to devote a slot to it yet...

March 20, 2008
GalacticHunter.com: We (Brian Wilke and I) discussed this a bit at Toy Fair, and the "big tuna" Rebel Troop Transport is seen in all three "Classic" Star Wars films. It's not the most exciting vehicle, granted, but it's a nice sized freighter. Why not resurrect it with more "playset" styled features in its belly and lid? (We modern collectors would just be happy with the piece as-is, but extra features never hurt.) What do our friends at Hasbro think? (It's cooler than the Cloud Car, at least.)
Hasbro: This vehicle has been suggsested numerous times in Q&A over the last couple of years, primarily because it (and the Cloud Car) have yet to be updated for the modern line. Despite that, we do not feel that either of these are the best candidates for our (precious and limited) vehicle slots. They are not overally aggressive vehicles or in the case of the Rebel Transport, visually interesting. If we were to invest resources and tooling in a vehicle/playset combo as you suggest, our choice would probably not be the Rebel Transport.

June 6, 2008
Rebelscum.com: In various replies by Hasbro we received several times the answer that the Cloud Car would not look "agressive enough" to be a success.
Hasbro: Compared to all other vehicles we could do, we feel that the Cloud Car is visually uninteresting, has the least on-screen action, and would be perceived as the most boring (i.e. not aggressive looking) to boys compared to anything else we could do. The Twin Pod Cloud Car is probably the vintage vehicle that is the most plentiful and can be made the cheapest as well. You can pick them up for $15 and under - much less than the price we'd need to command for a new one.

Aug 20, 2009
ThePrivateUniverse.co.uk: With 2010 being the 30 anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back are we likely to see a new rescaled Slave 1 or the much wanted Bespin Cloud Car vehicle?
Hasbro: It's too early to reveal any specifics, but if any of these are in the lineup it will be revealed at Toy Fare in February (or possibly the U.K. Toy Fair the week prior).

Nov 16, 2009
Toymania.com: Often, Hasbro's response to a question about a requested vehicle (like the Cloud Car) that "it is still readily available to fans on ebay" - however, looking at the improvements in paint and deco on any Hasbro re-release(as seen in the multiple releases of the TIE fighter) fans feel that any re-release would be an improvement on the original. Maybe you could explain to me the reasoning that Hasbro would prefer fans to buy from the secondary market rather than from your vendor partners?
Hasbro: Vehicles, just like characters, are not created equally. We cite the Cloud Car specifically as an example of a vehicle which is available on eBay for less than the cost if we created a new one and released it, for example, in the Starfighter Vehicle Assortment. We *do* know that there is an audience of fans who want to have a new-era (non-Vintage) Cloud Car in their collection, however based on demand it appears to be more of a niche audience. If/when we eventually do a Cloud Car, we need to be sure that the audience is big enough to justify the tooling investment.
11 answers, I don't see any lies in there at all. Could you show me where?

I've been keeping my eyes open for more about the Sail Barge rumor and it seems that it was just an offhand remark during the Q&A to Derryl DePriest from the brand manager of the Transformers line. Someone asked DePriest about what the big vehicle for 2011 might be and he stated that they didn't know for sure yet. The Transformers brand manager supposedly said, "we'd love to see the Sail Barge" and that was it.

Basically an offhand remark that's getting blown out of proportion. Unless you believe that the entire exchange between the two Hasbro managers was staged, but I don't.

So I guess that's it, no Sail Barge as far as we know. :( Ah well, it was exciting for a little bit there and made me realize just how much I actually want to see this toy made.I bet that was Brian Wilk asking Derryl the question, just to yank his chain. Wilk was, up until very recently, on the Star Wars team under Derryl before he got moved over to Transformers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Camie be the first porn-star Star Wars figure?It was 1 soft-core art-house film, and it cost her a place in the british royal family.

Ando
02-15-2010, 12:21 PM
I was able to check out pics over the weekend and WOW!

I think I might be more excited than I have been in a while. 2009 was a bummer year (for me) when it came to figures. Hopefully distribution will be better when it comes to the Vintage Collection. There are still quite a few LC figures that I would have wanted, had I found them.

Here's my short list of what I am excited about and my thoughts.

- I like the repaint on the Rep. Fighter Tank. I will get 1 (maybe 2) for my 501st CW guys. I should probably try to find that blue BARC speeder deluxe figure set. I really like the BARC speeders, so I will probably get the Cody+BARC set as well, even though it means a second CW Cody.

- Speaking of speeders, I WANTZ(!) the Mando+speeder, Obi-Wan+speeder, Cad Bane+speeder, Plo Koon+speeder, and I even want the Anakin+Naboo skiff. It's a little weird, but I like it. I think the deluxe figure line will be very popular for me this year. I should probably pick up the Dooku+speeder that I keep seeing out there before it goes away.

- I am excited about the cold weather Obi-Wan and heater pack clone trooper, too. That was a neat episode and I am glad to see them making figures specifically from this episode.

- The GH AT-AT: Are you kidding me!?! WOW! I couldn't be more excited about this! I cannot WAIT to get one to go with my little GH snowspeeder. I should probably get another one while I can. I am sorry to hear that the Cinema Scenes are going away. These guys are my little buddies and I collect as many as I can afford. I hope the vehicles will continue, tho.

- GH Boss and Fixer (Republic Commandos). Holy cow! How awesome. I am as excited about this as I am about the GH AT-AT! I hope Sev and Scorch are going to be made as well.

- The ALL NEW main line AT-AT: I'm in for 2. 3 if I find the usual Fred Meyer "buy 2, get 1 free" deal that has appeared in the past to help with AT-TE and Turbo Tank purchases.

- The Vintage Collection cards: GORGEOUS! I am loving these cards and the nostalgia that goes with them. This may prompt me to pick up some extras to keep unopened. I also really like the Zuckuss/4LOM 2 pack where they reversed the names like Kenner did in the 80's. Great inside Vintage joke.

- New Snowspeeder and Cloud Car: 2-3 of each with the appropriate amount of pilot figures.

- Force FX Sabers with removable blades: I like 'em. I won't get any repeats of what I already have, but hopefully this is the new standard moving forward and we'll finally start getting new ones on a regular basis. My wife and my sister both want an Ahsoka saber, so hopefully that is just around the corner.

- R/C Hailfire droid: Yeah, okay, I will get one of these, too. So cool!

- Swampspeeder: Sure, why not. Just 1, though.

- Mailaway Rocket Fett: !!! Wow! What a great surprise! I may order more than one.

I am sure there's stuff I missed, but I am pretty excited about the stuff I listed out.

Hopefully it will all be relatively easy to find. It's going to be an expensive August, but I do like that I have 5 months to save up.

And for the record, I hope there's a Sailbarge coming by 2013 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of ROTJ. I will definitely have to get one.

I wonder what SDCC 2010 will bring us?

Devo
02-15-2010, 02:01 PM
I must have hit pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up like that. OK "lie" was an overly strong word to use but I only say that after seeing all those Hasbro quotes. I just remembered their answers wrong. I was convinced they definitively ruled out doing the Cloud car at all. To go by those answers I was wrong. They just said 'low priority' and 'if/when'.

The point is I reckon the Sailbarge is something they would consider. This is optimism from me now. The AT-AT and cloud car show that they are adept at making up play features that weren't there in the film so theres no reason to think a sailbarge has no scope for attracting kids in terms of its playworthiness. It could have a lot going for it in that regard and I think that alone could compensate for any lack of recogniseability.

TheDarthVader
02-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Requesting link to the pictures of ree yees and cyborg maul please. many thanks. i am sick and do not feel like browsing the net for too long.

sonofsokol
02-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Cyborg Maul (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/slideshow-presentation/p33288-hasbro-star-wars.html)

Ree Yees (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/star-tours/p33053-hasbro-star-wars.html)

bigbarada
02-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I must have hit pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up like that. OK "lie" was an overly strong word to use but I only say that after seeing all those Hasbro quotes. I just remembered their answers wrong. I was convinced they definitively ruled out doing the Cloud car at all. To go by those answers I was wrong. They just said 'low priority' and 'if/when'.

The point is I reckon the Sailbarge is something they would consider. This is optimism from me now. The AT-AT and cloud car show that they are adept at making up play features that weren't there in the film so theres no reason to think a sailbarge has no scope for attracting kids in terms of its playworthiness. It could have a lot going for it in that regard and I think that alone could compensate for any lack of recogniseability.

Plus, unless they've lost the molds, Hasbro should already have 2 or 3 mini-rig vehicles that they could include with the Barge for "swoosh" value: Sail Skiff, AST-5, Sand Skimmer.

Of course, they'd only include one, but that's some saved money on tooling costs right there.

2-1B
02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I think there is some great looking product out there, I'm definitely getting the Vintage Echo Han and I don't care if I have to buy the Teek boxed set on the aftermarket - I'm getting it. I actually went on Star Tours in Orlando just over 14 years ago...so this will be nostalgic for me.

Ah well. They gave me Teek, so I don't care if the rest of the year is just Clonetroopers.

I'm so excited about Teek, I don't care if the rest of the year is just Anakin Outland Peasant Disguise.

I think Hasbro said that they would never do coins as a pack in again. So, that rules out POTF replica cards.

*sigh* We were so close to getting 2-1B with a coin...missed it by about 1 or 2 waves I think...I wish there was a chance of it in the future.

JediTricks
02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Well, RS posted a video of the AT-AT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqqempb9dbk

I must say, I'm a little underwhelmed by the lack of neck support. It's another puppet neck, and while this does look cooler than the original's puppet neck, it still leaves it in sad-puppy mode when you're done with play. Using the flip-up handle to house guns is an interesting choice though.

The point is I reckon the Sailbarge is something they would consider. This is optimism from me now. The AT-AT and cloud car show that they are adept at making up play features that weren't there in the film so theres no reason to think a sailbarge has no scope for attracting kids in terms of its playworthiness. It could have a lot going for it in that regard and I think that alone could compensate for any lack of recogniseability.I'm just really frustrated with a lot of the collecting community who do what you did. They act out of a perceived statement that Hasbro never made, they get angry not responding to the truth, but to their feelings. Or they use those mistaken feelings to create false hope, bridging their desires well beyond reality - "they made the skiff, so it must be just as easy for them to make a sail barge!" and it spreads like a disease. I've looked Derryl DePriest in the eye when talking about the Sail Barge, he's the brand manager and the way he talks about this is a lot different than the Cloud Car, it's a much bigger risk due to a much larger tooling investment. Does that mean he doesn't want to do it? No, it's not Jocasta Nu, it's just that he's got a job to do to protect our brand from failing, and a sail barge would do the opposite. Don't think that means I don't want a Sail Barge, I have the LEGO one in a place of prominence in my room, and I bought the Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl partly with that in mind, but I'm not seeing anything this year suggesting it's possible.

El Chuxter
02-15-2010, 05:41 PM
I looked Darryl DePriest right in the eye once, and he called me a sicko and kicked me in the shins.

LTBasker
02-15-2010, 06:05 PM

That video has me slightly concerned. If I don't wake up in the middle of the night to let the AT-AT out, will I find piles of speederbikes left on the carpet? :razz:

I must say, I'm a little underwhelmed by the lack of neck support. It's another puppet neck, and while this does look cooler than the original's puppet neck, it still leaves it in sad-puppy mode when you're done with play. Using the flip-up handle to house guns is an interesting choice though.

Yeah, having the neck like that again is disappointing. Surely they could have put some sort of locking mechanism in there so that when the handle is in storage the neck could lock up, and the head could stay at a level height.

JediTricks
02-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I looked Darryl DePriest right in the eye once, and he called me a sicko and kicked me in the shins.I was there for that, he wanted to give you a wedgie and have Larry Hama knock you down and take your lunch money, but your pathetic crying made Derryl look away in disgust, and left Hama speechless.

That video has me slightly concerned. If I don't wake up in the middle of the night to let the AT-AT out, will I find piles of speederbikes left on the carpet? :razz:Damnit, that was lowbrow and uncalled for (aka: I laughed mightily :p).

Yeah, having the neck like that again is disappointing. Surely they could have put some sort of locking mechanism in there so that when the handle is in storage the neck could lock up, and the head could stay at a level height.I agree, and I am kinda hoping they did and the booth guy doesn't know how to use it, but it's starting to look like not. It'd have to be pretty strong to keep that big head from breaking the ratchet though, so maybe that's why not.

bigbarada
02-15-2010, 06:15 PM

"Sad-puppy mode" lol

I honestly think this AT-AT is going to grow on me. I was very underwhelmed by the BMF when I first saw photos and I also thought that the initial photos of the new AT-ST looked horrible. However, those are now some of my favorite items in my collection.

JediTricks
02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
What didn't you like about the BMF or AT-ST first images??? Or was it just "it's not the original"itis?

bigbarada
02-15-2010, 06:26 PM
What didn't you like about the BMF or AT-ST first images??? Or was it just "it's not the original"itis?

I think I saw some early shots of the BMF from a low angle and I really didn't like the giant cargo areas on the bottom. I still don't like them that much, but I just display the Falcon on a coffee table so I'm always looking at it from above.

The AT-ST's early image was Hasbro's photo and the head just looked comically gigantic. It seems like that photo was taken with a narrow lens, which "flattened" it out and made the head look larger than it actually was.

JediTricks
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Gotcha.

I don't think that sort of thing can be forgiven on the AT-AT's head, that front view is really making it hard for me to find the love.

Maerj2000
02-15-2010, 08:46 PM
The term "Cloud Car" has been mentioned 42 times in the Q&A over its 4 years. Some of those are Titanium Series answers, some ask about the Cloud Car Pilot, some ask about them in general and don't get answers, some ask about the concept version, and some are post-confirmation of the new Cloud Car. These are everything else...

July 14, 2006
Action-Figure: Cloud Car, please discuss... is it coming and is the vintage mould availible to use or will it be a new one?
Hasbro: It's not coming. At least for the foreseeable future.

July 26, 2006
ActionFigs.com: ESB vehicles - are there any plans to make a new Rebel Transport ship from Hoth? What about a Bespin Cloud Car?
Hasbro: Not at this time. However, we are always hearing requests for the Cloud Car, so perhaps someday.

March 16, 2007
SWcollector.com: A Cloud Car question seems to come up from time to time, but we never seem to get much commentary back on it. Specifically, the big question that it seems like has not been definitively answered is, "Is the vintage tool still available and usable to re-release this vehicle at some point?"
Hasbro: The vintage tool is not available for the Cloud Car, which has left us with the problem of needing to do a new one if we make the decision to re-release. However, we don't feel it is one of the strongest to redo just yet. We will probably get to it someday. With the new vehicles we have on the slate, I think everyone would agree that holding off on a new Cloud Car is a worthwhile tradeoff. As for the other new vehicles, stay tuned for CIV or San Diego Comic Con for more details...they will be worth the wait.

April 13, 2007
Yakface.com: We're in the midst of the 30th anniversary celebration for A New Hope, but I was wondering if the seeds for the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back have been planted? Do you think you'll even do anything to commemorate the anniversary of ESB (good opportunity to finally get a Cloud Car out there dont you think? 'wink 'wink) Plus, 2009 marks the 10th anniversary of Phantom Menace. Do you think this would be a good opportunity to crank out some long awaited figures or a few overdue updates? More pod-racers, a SA Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and some new, previously unproduced versions of Amidala to name a few?
Hasbro: This year was not meant to be a celebration of A New Hope per se, but of the entire Saga. That's why our packaging and communications don't celebrate the original Star Wars film as much as the whole legacy of Star Wars as it was launched 30 years ago. Right now we don't see doing anything special for the 30th Anniversary of Empire specifcially, but something could resonate. It's too early to tell on that one, in any case. The Cloud Car is a low priority for us because there are many excellent newer vehicles we want to get get done first. Regarding Phantom Menace, yes, over the next couple of years you will see a focus on bringing out more of these characters, although in proportion with the other films of the Saga. You won't see a bigger emphasis on EpI in general, though.....but an important component in the Saga mix.

YodasNews.com: With all the apparent fan support from wishlists and purchases will we ever see a Cloud Car? Also with the McQuarrie concept figures could we see more of the concept vehicles?
Hasbro: The Cloud Car is a low priority for us because there are many excellent newer vehicles we want to get done first. Unfortunately, it suffers because the shape is not very aggressive compared to the rest of the vehicle universe, and the vintage one is one of the least expensive vintage vehicles to acquire meaning that either supply is large of the vintage one or demand just isn't that high compared to everything else. Also, due to cost of tooling, we don't rule out doing concept vehicles at some point, but we are concentrating our efforts on screen vehicles for now.

May 11, 2007
SSG: Will you ever be rereleasing the Geonosian Starfighter, perhaps as a repaint? The ship had only a small release in a non-movie line and could use a rerelease. If so, is there anything you can do to strengthen the droopy dual-nose issue? This is a great mold with a very nifty exclusive pilot figure, but that droopy nose thing detracts from this cool set. Hasbro:We'll look at it, but it's not high on our list (it's sort of like the Cloud Car, cool but maybe not as aggressive as vehicles). Part of that has also been because of the child safety constraints we must abide by for the nose of the vehicle, which makes it a little less "hard" than we'd like.

Jan 18, 2008
Toymania.com: Any chance of bringing forward that one vehicle that hasn't been out in the new line, the Twin Pod Cloud Car?
Hasbro: While there is a possibility we will update it in the future, the Cloud Car is much farther down on our list than other choices. It suffers a bit being not a very aggressive looking vehicle, and not that cool among among kids. It also seems to be one of the most abundant vintage vehicle and can be had very inexpensively, so we just haven't felt compelled to devote a slot to it yet...

March 20, 2008
GalacticHunter.com: We (Brian Wilke and I) discussed this a bit at Toy Fair, and the "big tuna" Rebel Troop Transport is seen in all three "Classic" Star Wars films. It's not the most exciting vehicle, granted, but it's a nice sized freighter. Why not resurrect it with more "playset" styled features in its belly and lid? (We modern collectors would just be happy with the piece as-is, but extra features never hurt.) What do our friends at Hasbro think? (It's cooler than the Cloud Car, at least.)
Hasbro: This vehicle has been suggsested numerous times in Q&A over the last couple of years, primarily because it (and the Cloud Car) have yet to be updated for the modern line. Despite that, we do not feel that either of these are the best candidates for our (precious and limited) vehicle slots. They are not overally aggressive vehicles or in the case of the Rebel Transport, visually interesting. If we were to invest resources and tooling in a vehicle/playset combo as you suggest, our choice would probably not be the Rebel Transport.

June 6, 2008
Rebelscum.com: In various replies by Hasbro we received several times the answer that the Cloud Car would not look "agressive enough" to be a success.
Hasbro: Compared to all other vehicles we could do, we feel that the Cloud Car is visually uninteresting, has the least on-screen action, and would be perceived as the most boring (i.e. not aggressive looking) to boys compared to anything else we could do. The Twin Pod Cloud Car is probably the vintage vehicle that is the most plentiful and can be made the cheapest as well. You can pick them up for $15 and under - much less than the price we'd need to command for a new one.

Aug 20, 2009
ThePrivateUniverse.co.uk: With 2010 being the 30 anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back are we likely to see a new rescaled Slave 1 or the much wanted Bespin Cloud Car vehicle?
Hasbro: It's too early to reveal any specifics, but if any of these are in the lineup it will be revealed at Toy Fare in February (or possibly the U.K. Toy Fair the week prior).

Nov 16, 2009
Toymania.com: Often, Hasbro's response to a question about a requested vehicle (like the Cloud Car) that "it is still readily available to fans on ebay" - however, looking at the improvements in paint and deco on any Hasbro re-release(as seen in the multiple releases of the TIE fighter) fans feel that any re-release would be an improvement on the original. Maybe you could explain to me the reasoning that Hasbro would prefer fans to buy from the secondary market rather than from your vendor partners?
Hasbro: Vehicles, just like characters, are not created equally. We cite the Cloud Car specifically as an example of a vehicle which is available on eBay for less than the cost if we created a new one and released it, for example, in the Starfighter Vehicle Assortment. We *do* know that there is an audience of fans who want to have a new-era (non-Vintage) Cloud Car in their collection, however based on demand it appears to be more of a niche audience. If/when we eventually do a Cloud Car, we need to be sure that the audience is big enough to justify the tooling investment.
11 answers, I don't see any lies in there at all. Could you show me where?

I don't see any lies there specifically I just find thier answers to be non agressive and not interesting.

bigbarada
02-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Gotcha.

I don't think that sort of thing can be forgiven on the AT-AT's head, that front view is really making it hard for me to find the love.

IF it came with some interchangeable guns for the side of it's head, then things might be different. However, the oversized head and ridiculous, missile launching side guns are two MAJOR strikes against it that I'm not sure if I can overlook.

I probably would have passed on the AT-ST if it didn't have the interchangeable chin guns.

morpheus282
02-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Rebel scum posted a video of the AT-AT being demonstrated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqqempb9dbk&feature=player_embedded

Looks pretty spiffy. I actually wish they'd gotten away from the whole remote operated head thing, but it looks like we're stuck with it indefinately.

El Chuxter
02-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Hmmm.... I don't have a problem with the outside of the head, but the inside looks like a sardine can. "You can fit six figures in there. You just have to pretend they really love to hug each other."

The inside of the torso doesn't look bad, but the EU sounds are kinda silly. We never saw a Stormtrooper in the OT who talked like Temuera Morrison, and Lucas didn't replace their voices when he had a chance, so why have them talking like that here? And speaking the obvious?

And, uh, why would the Speeder Bike launch backward? That seems counterintuitive. "We've got ground forces attacking from behind! Launch speeder bikes! Good, looks like the speeder bikes hit them."

2-1B
02-16-2010, 12:32 AM
That's so they can chase after the Snowspeeder tail gunners...the ones who don't have any legs.

indyjones1981
02-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Overall, I'm liking the figures. I think the C-3PO looks pretty good, but the arms are concerning me. Something seems a little off.

The Boba Fett is a cool idea, but was anyone else hoping for the original image version that was pictured on cards when the original offer was published? I remember as a kid pulling off a giant cover-up sticker off the back of the original cards and expecting boba fett to look a little different. I was happier with the version sent to me in the mail, but for nostalgic purposes it would be cool to see the first original version. Don't have any images, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm referring to.

Hey Background Character here is the link with pic of the original Boba Fett mail away figure as pictured on the card backs from 1978-79. He does look different compared to what you would get in the mail. Enjoy!

http://theswca.com/images-speci/mailaways/fett.html

El Chuxter
02-16-2010, 01:50 AM
That's so they can chase after the Snowspeeder tail gunners...the ones who don't have any legs.

Using their rear-view mirrors? The launching from the back isn't a problem, but, really, shouldn't they be facing the exit hatch? Shooting out at high speed, backwards, that's got to lead to a lot of splattered Snowtroopers. lol

Maradona
02-16-2010, 02:27 AM
And, uh, why would the Speeder Bike launch backward? That seems counterintuitive. "We've got ground forces attacking from behind! Launch speeder bikes! Good, looks like the speeder bikes hit them."

Hilarious!

Mad Slanted Powers
02-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Using their rear-view mirrors? The launching from the back isn't a problem, but, really, shouldn't they be facing the exit hatch? Shooting out at high speed, backwards, that's got to lead to a lot of splattered Snowtroopers. lol

If they launch out back first, then they will be pointed the right direction if they are going to go out in front of the AT-ATs.

Background Character
02-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Hey Background Character here is the link with pic of the original Boba Fett mail away figure as pictured on the card backs from 1978-79. He does look different compared to what you would get in the mail. Enjoy!

http://theswca.com/images-speci/mailaways/fett.html (http://theswca.com/images-speci/mailaways/fett.html)

Thanks for the link IndyJones1981!!! Most excellent! Brings back alot of warm, fuzzy nostalgic memories of childhood and being ever so psyched to get this figure from Star Wars 2. I remember anxiously checking the mailbox everyday for this figure to arrive for what seemed like forever and thinking Boba was even better than I expected when he finally arrived!

2-1B
02-16-2010, 09:24 AM

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that...I didn't even view the demo link. lol

Devo
02-16-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm just really frustrated with a lot of the collecting community who do what you did. They act out of a perceived statement that Hasbro never made, they get angry not responding to the truth, but to their feelings. Or they use those mistaken feelings to create false hope, bridging their desires well beyond reality - "they made the skiff, so it must be just as easy for them to make a sail barge!" and it spreads like a disease. I've looked Derryl DePriest in the eye when talking about the Sail Barge, he's the brand manager and the way he talks about this is a lot different than the Cloud Car, it's a much bigger risk due to a much larger tooling investment. Does that mean he doesn't want to do it? No, it's not Jocasta Nu, it's just that he's got a job to do to protect our brand from failing, and a sail barge would do the opposite. Don't think that means I don't want a Sail Barge, I have the LEGO one in a place of prominence in my room, and I bought the Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl partly with that in mind, but I'm not seeing anything this year suggesting it's possible.

It wasn't my intention to paint Hasbro as an evil corporation. You've personally met these guys and you can see that they're just people like us who can't necessarily make the things they'd love to make which explains your defensiveness of them that others would not have. Fair enough and you're correct. I was foolish to use the word 'lie' although in the context that I used it I wasn't aiming to insult Hasbro or encourage others to do so. Even in my false belief that they had 'lied' about never making the Cloud car I was only inferring so cheerfully - 'those wily folk, they told a fib to throw us off when they intended to make the Cloud car all along'. And I was using that to suggest that we need not necessarily write off all chances of ever getting the Sailbarge.

El Chuxter
02-16-2010, 01:20 PM
They didn't lie. However, one of them drove his speeder bike out of the garage backward and hit his head, causing amnesia and a sudden desire to make a cloud car.

The Space Outlaw
02-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Well, the AT-AT is definitely a must-buy for me, no question about it. The Snowspeeder too, especially since we're getting Dak to sit in back and get killed by random shrapnel!

I was on the fence about the Cloud Car--I'm one of those folks Hasbro had to please by adding more stuff; the CC was always one of the more boring vehicles to me. The upgrades, plus the neat pilots, makes this something I now want pretty badly.

The Vintage figures are just awesome.

For the most part I've never liked the Clone Wars figures, but that Sidious is just wicked cool-looking, and I'm really digging some of the speeders. I definitely need one of those Swamp Skimmers.

And, I WILL be flying that R/C Falcon around my house and entertaining my cats with it.

morpheus282
02-16-2010, 06:53 PM

I must say, I'm a little underwhelmed by the lack of neck support. It's another puppet neck, and while this does look cooler than the original's puppet neck, it still leaves it in sad-puppy mode when you're done with play.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

BTW - I didn't see that you had posted a link to the video until after my own post. Ooops.

Think Knight Rider. The bike would pull into into and deploy from the AT-AT the same way KITT did with his trailer.

JediTricks
02-16-2010, 07:02 PM
It wasn't my intention to paint Hasbro as an evil corporation. You've personally met these guys and you can see that they're just people like us who can't necessarily make the things they'd love to make which explains your defensiveness of them that others would not have. Fair enough and you're correct. I was foolish to use the word 'lie' although in the context that I used it I wasn't aiming to insult Hasbro or encourage others to do so. Even in my false belief that they had 'lied' about never making the Cloud car I was only inferring so cheerfully - 'those wily folk, they told a fib to throw us off when they intended to make the Cloud car all along'. And I was using that to suggest that we need not necessarily write off all chances of ever getting the Sailbarge.Even without meeting them, I think reading their answers says a lot, it just takes navigating the parts that are corporate necessity with the parts that are as honest as their plans can allow. They have to keep both Hasbro and LFL's management happy with these Q&A, we've had over 3k answers and that's amazing, you look at something like the GI Joe or Transformers Q&As and they're nowhere near as open or honest or direct. Collectors get so riled up about their inferences that it puts an undeserved bad spin on the Q&A I think, and there's plenty of bad stuff to complain about in Hasbro collecting and the Q&A as it is ;).

When you compare their answers on the Cloud Car or the BMF to the stuff they've said about the Sail Barge, there are differences in the substance which paints a different picture. People got so upset last year when a big Slave I didn't get produced because their perceptions incorrectly led them to an expectation.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

BTW - I didn't see that you had posted a link to the video until after my own post. Ooops.No prob.

I wonder if this is going to be one of those universal things that they simply missed the boat on. I bet not, I bet they had discussions and meetings over it, and our side lost out.

Think Knight Rider. The bike would pull into into and deploy from the AT-AT the same way KITT did with his trailer.Except the action here is ejecting out, not parking. I did think of it as ejecting out and flying forward though, it's not going to be even remotely effective backwards because it goes VERY fast and would be far away from the AT-AT in no time.

Tycho
02-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I may totally be an unenthusiastic downer here (so please don't read my post) but here goes for any masochistic forum members who dare proceed:

I'm going to C5, but I won't be losing time standing in line for that Zuckuss / 4-LOM 2-pack. I'm a diorama builder and not a collector. I think it's probably a great idea to interest collectors, but my actual reaction was "Whem! Another line I will not be standing in."

With Teek and a Star Tours set or however he's being made available? I have to see some more pics of that set and who all comes with it to see if I can use it. I think I saw a repacked Chewbacca in there? Turn-off. However, the Disney Employee from Star Tours might work great as another random on Coruscant or Cloud City. I'll have to take a 2nd look.

The fact that we get another Plo Koon figure with a speederbike we already have! Awesome. I've been in stores lately and said to myself, "We really don't have enough Plo Koon figures." Now I want to recreate that scene where Darth Vader # 917 steals Plo Koon # 47's speederbike just to show him how bad he is! :yes:

The Clone Wars "b-characters" look very interesting. I have not seen this season's shows. They're recorded on my DVR but I am watching WWII movies every chance I get, waiting for the scenes where the Nazis and Japs threw Mandalorians at the Allied Forces. George Patton commanded armor too, you know. But seriously, I've grown to really like the CW line (this is Hasbro's fault more than anything) and though I don't buy every CW figure, I buy most.

Han Echo Base does look cool. I'm not sure I'll buy him, as I'm not sure I need him. However, I really would love a Luke Dagobah (Bespin outfit) with the jacket open like that for when he's training with Yoda and fails to raise his X-wing out of the swamp. Classic scene.

I am down for the Cloud Car Pilots for sure. I thought there was a mustached one and one with gray hair and a gray beard? That might have been a pilot's hood instead of a beard. I'll have to take another look. I bought 8 2004 CCPs and plan on buying 3 TPCCs, but I can put the new pilots walking around CC because you won't be able to see the figures in the TPCCs that well when they're hanging from my ceiling. I'm really glad we have variants for the CCP.

I really don't need the rocket firing vintage Boba Fett. That is awesome for collectors, but not really for me. I might send away for it anyway, but I doubt it. I can save $0.42 cents in postage if I don't! I will post pictures of my $0.42 cents soon! (a quarter, a dime, a nickel, and 2 pennies - this is going to be awesome!!! Perhaps I'll create a diorama? I'll call it Order 42.)

I'm probably NOT getting the AT-AT. Yup. I will be so tempted though. But it just won't fit in my Hoth diorama for one - and there's nothing wrong with my 1998 AT-AT. I'm rather fond of it as it reminds me of the day my mom got me my first Kenner AT-AT in the winter of 1981. I can describe the event in detail to you and the memory is even worth more than $0.42 :D

I am loving the Cammie / Fixer Comic Con Exclusive 2-pack. I may try and get multiples of this. Maybe a lot of multiples. Hasbro has finally produced my oft-requested Moisture Farmer action figures! (I'm very serious here.) I will probably try and get at least 4 of these sets to open for "randoms" in Mos Espa, the pod race grand stands, Toshe Station, and Mos Eisley if I can't think of more scenes to use them in. Oh - Yuuzhan Vong prisoners or refugees that Princess Leia tries to save. So maybe 5 sets?! Wow. Useful 2-pack. Thank you Hasbro!

I'm not going to buy the Owen with 1/2 Maul set. They should leave Maul dead. That's where I think he is.

The CW Droid vs Clones set looks great! The funky new boxy droid is from the CW movie. Ahsoka sets those off by accident. I wish we could buy that one single-carded. I'd get a few more.

The mini-Naboo starskiff? Not sure if I'd be down for this. I want a full-size 2-4 seater for the regular figure line.

Cad Bane/Aura Sing galactic heroes set? Awesome!

The GH AT-AT! Sale!!!

The swamp speeder? A vehicle that actually might get a pass from me. The TurboTank is so domineering in a Kashyyyk scene that it might appear my Separatists are of no threat at all. Maybe I can use the Swamp Speeder with Clone Wars figures, elsewhere.

I usually don't get excited about C-3PO figures. It's an interesting new take. Don't think I'll buy him, but I might.

I bought the E3 Force Battlers. I don't think I'll go for CW here. They look nice but I was indifferent that they made them altogether.

With the OT figures (vintage cards or otherwise) I am really hoping for more cantina aliens and Jabba's Palace scum. Bom Vimdim and Wooof, Taym dren-Garen, Fozzic, all come to mind. Hopefully we'll see them at Comic Con. I'm sure if they brought them to Toy Fair, buyers from Target, TRU etc would say "WHO?"

I don't think the new AT-AT will be the death of the large vehicle line, btw. I think it will sell really well, though not to me. Look at the large vehicles:

ANH - Big Millennium Falcon
ESB - AT-AT

in the old Kenner days, the large ROTJ vehicle was Palpatine's Shuttle. I don't think they would want to go there when JABBA'S SAILBARGE remains a large vehicle possibility! This is my biggest Hasbro hope for 2011 or 2012.

For the prequels,

AOTC has the AT-TE
ROTS has the TurboTank

I think TPM could get the Droid Army MTT! That would be so cool. Also the Droid Landing Craft from TPM could be done this way. The "H" wings would be off in the box and the body could be around the TurboTank size (well a little larger) and actually hold an AAT Tank in it (not included).

They could also make a whopping bigger Republic Gunship, but that doesn't seem necessary nor as cool as giving the Separatists something really big, finally.

I'm not really excited about a Dak figure btw. They should have done Hobbie or single-carded Janson in my opinion (he's in X-wing gear in the Rogue Squadron comic pack). Is there a carded Snowspeeder Wedge btw? I'm not looking for one, but there's a predictably good seller. Anyway, what I actually want most from pilots are EU but movie-related: an X-wing pilot Tycho of course :D :D :D and an X-wing Pilot Janson. That's the core of RS right there: Cmdr Wedge, Capt. Tycho, Lt. Cmdr Janson, Lt Hobbie. Those guys always survive!

BTW, I vote for the line to be called The New Newer Vintage. :yes: TNNV for short. I think I'm going to start using that :D

El Chuxter
02-16-2010, 10:45 PM
With Teek and a Star Tours set or however he's being made available? I have to see some more pics of that set and who all comes with it to see if I can use it. I think I saw a repacked Chewbacca in there? Turn-off. However, the Disney Employee from Star Tours might work great as another random on Coruscant or Cloud City. I'll have to take a 2nd look.

It comes with Teek (!!!!), Kaink (the Ewok priestess), the Star Tours employee, repackaged Chewbacca (dullsville), and a repackaged Ree Yees with the three-lens camera (though, unfortunately, no smokes).

Mad Slanted Powers
02-17-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm not really excited about a Dak figure btw. They should have done Hobbie or single-carded Janson in my opinion (he's in X-wing gear in the Rogue Squadron comic pack). Is there a carded Snowspeeder Wedge btw? I'm not looking for one, but there's a predictably good seller. Anyway, what I actually want most from pilots are EU but movie-related: an X-wing pilot Tycho of course :D :D :D and an X-wing Pilot Janson. That's the core of RS right there: Cmdr Wedge, Capt. Tycho, Lt. Cmdr Janson, Lt Hobbie. Those guys always survive!I believe the only single carded Wedge was the OTC internet exclusive. I think these (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TLC/Vehicles/XwingWedge/LC-273.jpg&text=POTF2%20Wedge%20(incorrect)%20|%20POTF2%20Wed ge%20(correct)%20|%20POTF2%20Rebel%20Pilots%20|%20 OTC%20Wedge%20|%20TLC%20Comic%20Packs%20|%20LC%20X-WIng%20Pilot) are all the Wedge figures.

Tycho
02-17-2010, 01:54 AM
I think the OTC Wedge looks the most heroic (which I'd go for if I didn't have all the 3-pack ones I needed) but the LC one packed in with his Target X-wing is probably the most accurate. I didn't need that one either.

I use the 3-pack ones for Wedge in pilot scenes and for custom figures, too.

No need to update. I'd much rather have Tycho and Janson in Rogue Squadron attire.

Devo
02-17-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm going to hang onto my hope for the Sailbarge. I won't get angry about it with each year that I don't see it because in fairness Hasbro have done their best to keep overzealous collector expectations down. They did so with the Cloud car and have done likewise when they've been asked about the Sailbarge. By doing this they are able to give us a very pleasant surprise sometimes. It might happen one day with the sailbarge. It would be an incredible toy - everyone knows Jabba the hutt, that name alone might bring to mind the scenes in which the Sailbarge featured. Theres great 'play' potential, much of which could be the invented stuff that Hasbro loves to do. The packaging images could depict loads of figures from the kenner/Hasbro catalogue, really showing the diversity of the jabbas palace/pit of carkoon scenes which I think would make an attractive prospect for potential adult buyers. Hasbro should release more skiff guards to go alongside the release. They can even rerelease those crappy battlepacks with the core character rehashes we all hate. The ROTJ anniversary would be an ideal time.

So I'm going to continue to support the BIG vehicle line by buying the AT-AT at full price.

JediTricks
02-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm going to want one, but I'm not going to expect it or think that just because they made a $20 Cloud Car that means anything for a Sail Barge. It's apples & oranges. One is whooshable and cheap, the other is neither and it's a huge tooling risk to boot. Looking at their Toy Fair offerings, it seems like they're largely playing it safe. They compromised on the AT-AT to get kid sales, and they went to vintage packaging to ensure collectors came back to the line. There aren't many risky figures in what was shown. This isn't a recipe for a Sail Barge anytime soon. We made argument after argument in favor of it, I even had a conversation with Derryl at SDCC in '08 on the subject, I raked him over the coals and he didn't budge - I posted the Q&A portion of that online, he makes a frustratingly good counter-argument to everything we threw at him.

Devo
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Do you think its fair that we keep pushing for it (sailbarge)? Not saying we should keep asking the same questions in the Q&A but I am thinking that it most probably wouldn't happen if the entire collecting community went quiet on it, better to keep expressing things like 'wow these are some great new jabba goons we're getting, if only we had something to display them on hint hint'.

Maradona
02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
We made argument after argument in favor of it, I even had a conversation with Derryl at SDCC in '08 on the subject, I raked him over the coals and he didn't budge - I posted the Q&A portion of that online, he makes a frustratingly good counter-argument to everything we threw at him.

SSG: Sail barge, sail barge, sail barge... This is a follow-up to the question we actually just sent in via regular Q&A.
Hasbro: Here's the deal, I mean, we're gonna learn a lot from the Millennium Falcon, but whether the market will be able to support vehicles this large at this price, so far the response has been amazingly positive, and we hope that that shows justification for vehicles that can break that $100 pricepoint. The problem with sailbarge is that it's not an iconic vehicle, it's no Millennium Falcon by any stretch.
SSG: Well, of course not, but Jabba the Hutt is iconic, people know him almost as much as Vader and Yoda, it's his ship, his name and image will be up in the corner [of the packaging]. It has a big giant cannon, all sorts of stuff, and a lot of the main characters battling on or near it, it's a big part of the first half of the film. And it's also in the new show.
Hasbro: Right, I know what you're trying to justify. If you asked on the man on the street what it is, they won't know. That's where we're at. It is [in the new show], but we're at "wait and see".
SSG: See? I try to cover all those bases, I don't want to let you get away with anything, heh heh.
Hasbro: [Chuckles] Right. So it's wait and see. Let me tell you that it's great that we're having this conversation because a couple of years ago we couldn't have even conceived of this. We need 100% of fans to show their support for the Millennium Falcon, and that will... keep allowing us to be able to go to, you know, the powers that be and say "and we found the next opportunity", so let's keep that going, but let's start with making sure this one is a success.

I probably missed it in one of the Q&As, but did Hasbro consider the BMF a sales success?

dindae
02-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm going to C5, but I won't be losing time standing in line for that Zuckuss / 4-LOM 2-pack. I'm a diorama builder and not a collector. I think it's probably a great idea to interest collectors, but my actual reaction was "Whem! Another line I will not be standing in."

I am loving the Cammie / Fixer Comic Con Exclusive 2-pack. I may try and get multiples of this. Maybe a lot of multiples. Hasbro has finally produced my oft-requested Moisture Farmer action figures! (I'm very serious here.) I will probably try and get at least 4 of these sets to open for "randoms" in Mos Espa, the pod race grand stands, Toshe Station, and Mos Eisley if I can't think of more scenes to use them in. Oh - Yuuzhan Vong prisoners or refugees that Princess Leia tries to save. So maybe 5 sets?! Wow. Useful 2-pack. Thank you Hasbro!

Unfortunately the Cammie / Fixer pack is a Celebration 5 set and not a Comic-Con set. So I will probably see you in line.:D

JediTricks
02-20-2010, 04:12 AM
Do you think its fair that we keep pushing for it (sailbarge)? Not saying we should keep asking the same questions in the Q&A but I am thinking that it most probably wouldn't happen if the entire collecting community went quiet on it, better to keep expressing things like 'wow these are some great new jabba goons we're getting, if only we had something to display them on hint hint'.I don't even see how "fair" enters into it, pushing for things we want is part of our job as a collecting community. Wanting something is different from expecting it.

Generally, I gauge how often I allow questions on a particular subject to be asked through our Q&A based on how much its target audience is making noise about it vs how definitive Hasbro's last answer on the matter was. Sometimes that means asking a question every round if need be, and sometimes it's every 20 months or so. Hasbro's team keeps their ears to the ground, pushing for an item doesn't need to mean pushing them directly, it can be just pushing discussion of why it isn't here and why we need it through forums - their team reads our forums and gets the gist of it based on response or lack thereof.

BTW, I generally try to be direct when I ask new questions, I rarely go in for rumors and I try to be careful with hypotheticals in an effort to protect the integrity of our outlet. We bombed them with Sail Barge questions until I literally asked them the one in person that Maradona cited after your post. Why? Because our group seemed to want it and Hasbro's answers kept leaving us openings to ask more questions, until finally we addressed all those openings (and they closed the f'ing door on us :p).

SSG: Sail barge, sail barge, sail barge... This is a follow-up to the question we actually just sent in via regular Q&A.
Hasbro: Here's the deal, I mean, we're gonna learn a lot from the Millennium Falcon, but whether the market will be able to support vehicles this large at this price, so far the response has been amazingly positive, and we hope that that shows justification for vehicles that can break that $100 pricepoint. The problem with sailbarge is that it's not an iconic vehicle, it's no Millennium Falcon by any stretch.
SSG: Well, of course not, but Jabba the Hutt is iconic, people know him almost as much as Vader and Yoda, it's his ship, his name and image will be up in the corner [of the packaging]. It has a big giant cannon, all sorts of stuff, and a lot of the main characters battling on or near it, it's a big part of the first half of the film. And it's also in the new show.
Hasbro: Right, I know what you're trying to justify. If you asked on the man on the street what it is, they won't know. That's where we're at. It is [in the new show], but we're at "wait and see".
SSG: See? I try to cover all those bases, I don't want to let you get away with anything, heh heh.
Hasbro: [Chuckles] Right. So it's wait and see. Let me tell you that it's great that we're having this conversation because a couple of years ago we couldn't have even conceived of this. We need 100% of fans to show their support for the Millennium Falcon, and that will... keep allowing us to be able to go to, you know, the powers that be and say "and we found the next opportunity", so let's keep that going, but let's start with making sure this one is a success.

I probably missed it in one of the Q&As, but did Hasbro consider the BMF a sales success?There's one answer where they said the large vehicle program was a success, another where they said they still had life to go to see how it was working for the Turbo Tank, and one where they suggested that the market has now changed. But nothing directly addressing it the way you're getting at in response to Derryl's 2008 comments. If we ask something, we should mention that they said the response for the BMF was good enough that TRU asked for a second run in '09 packaging.

Tycho
02-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Large Vehicle Possibilities:

ANH:

Blockade Runner
Star Destroyer
Sandcrawler

ESB:

Rebel Transport
Slave-One
Rebel Medical Frigate

ROTJ:

Jabba's Sailbarg

TPM:

Radiant 7
Trade Federation Landing Craft
MTT
big Sith Infiltrator

AOTC:

Padme's Star Cruiser (taken to Tatooine / Geonosis)
Republic Star Destroyer (small class)

ROTS:

Republic Star Destroyer (large class w. red stripe)

Jabba's Sailbarge is the best thing on this list. The greatest amount of diverse characters go aboard it.