PDA

View Full Version : I love you, man!

El Chuxter
02-13-2010, 04:25 PM
2010. This has been a good year already, and we're not even two months in.

First, we're getting Jacen and Jaina. Can't tell you how long I've waited for those.

Second, the Twin Pod Cloud Car. Really, I could almost kiss you all for that.

Third, you confirmed in a Q&A that at least one designer really, really wants to produce Jaxxon.

Fourth, Chukha-Trok has made it to the prototype stage and you hope to get him to production soon. Awesome.

Fifth.... Sorry, I passed out from the excitement I'm feeling about Kaink and, mostly, TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

Sixth, holy crud, it looks like today I saw pictures of Lord Straxus from Transformers, confirmation of more than 30 "vintage" figures in 2010 (meaning the line isn't completely shifting to Clone Wars stuff), the announcement that the US version of Masterpiece Grimlock is on his way and will include improved accessories, and, sweet lord and butter, a 25th Anniversary Sgt. Slaughter figure I thought licensing issues would prevent ever being made.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier if you'd announced the Marvel line would all be focused on Sleepwalker, his villains, and Jubilee variations; and you released a "Fred's Garage" Battlepack of Billy, unmasked Cobra Commander with beret, the Blind Master, and Raptor.

Thank you for somehow making so many of my goofier toy dreams come true.

JediTricks
02-13-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm telling you, 2010 is the year of the Chuxter.

pbarnard
02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Quick, put an adult diaper on him. He's going to lose it in more ways then one.

Warped
02-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Fifth.... Sorry, I passed out from the excitement I'm feeling about Kaink and, mostly, TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!

Teek alone makes this whole year.....

El Chuxter
02-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Teek alone makes this whole year.....

No kidding. :)

I forgot about the Jabba/Dais confirmation, too. If they announce any more stuff like this, I might have to get a divorce, move to whatever country allows both polygamy and gay marriage, and marry everyone on the Star Wars team.

Since you seem to be reading my thoughts anyway, any chance of using the 2009 Target Geonosis 2-pack Kit Fisto sculpt to make a grinning Kit figure? Or how about somehow working a Billy figure into the Rise of Cobra line, or releasing some "classic look" X-Men figures that just happens to include Jubilation?

Warped
02-13-2010, 07:09 PM
I like the Fisto Idea. only thing that would make this year better is a Sandcrawler. You think they would have one by now.

pbarnard
02-13-2010, 08:33 PM
I like the Fisto Idea. only thing that would make this year better is a Sandcrawler. You think they would have one by now.

Well there is, but it sucked. :yes:

bigbarada
02-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Let's not forget that the Weequay Skiff Master and Kithaba are on the rumor list for 2011. Which means that they will be on vintage styled cards! :cool:

Ji'dai
02-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Let's not forget that the Weequay Skiff Master and Kithaba are on the rumor list for 2011. Which means that they will be on vintage styled cards! :cool: You could stop collecting vintage figs and just recard loose ones using these new cardbacks!

It's always fun to go to stores and see these vintage cards on the pegs again. Hopefully I'll be able to resist buying two of each.

---

2010 looks good, but Hasbro would have release the last two waves of Indiana Jones figures again to get me to post a thread like this.

TheDarthVader
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Materpiece Grimlock? Wow, I have not heard of this yet. That is pretty cool.

I will be buying all of the vintage figures. So hasbro can have my money because I love the card backs! And the figures rock too.