PDA

View Full Version : 2 new SWTFs this year - Freeco Bike, Republic Attack Shuttle

JediTricks
02-14-2010, 04:06 PM
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/slideshow-presentation/p33284-hasbro-star-wars.html

The Freeco Bike / Captain Rex looks kinda ok, I like the bulky presentation, but it seems like it's going to be pretty small.

The Republic Attack Shuttle / Yoda is hilarious. Making the robot mode so squat and Yoda-like means it can't be used for any other characters, which sucks because I wanted an Action Fleet-sized Attack Shuttle. And the CW Yoda head on it is outrageous with its over-the-top cartoon styling. His lightsaber is way too long, too.

Seems like Clone Wars has taken over SWTFs. As I just got the Y-wing and Twilight last night, I can't say I mind, those 2 have their charms. But it's still hard to believe this line has legs at market after 4 years.

Darth Duranium
03-03-2010, 04:17 PM
But it's still hard to believe this line has legs at market after 4 years.

Agreed... I gave up on the line a while back, but some of the new tools look interesting. I do wish that they were a bit smaller and thus AF size. Looks like the newer moulds have shrunk a bit, so that's good.

BTW, I came across a TF proto/test shot the other day on eBay... mildly interesting item.

I think that the turbolaser should be bigger so that the Falcon actually collapses under its weight.:D

JediTricks
03-04-2010, 05:34 PM
A test shot of the Falcon, interesting. The sad part about the Falcon TF is that without that dopey gun on top, it's not that bad in alt mode. Bot modes still are meh, but that gun ruined this thing's sales potential.

It's weird, I keep looking at this line at the stores, I know what's in it, I know what I have, there's no reason to look, yet I keep glancing at it for no reason. I am slightly tempted by the imperial V-wing out now, and the AT-TE, but won't pay full price for them.