PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else felt a twinge of sadness this TF 2010?

Warstar
02-15-2010, 04:27 AM
I remember in years past being stoked for Toyfair- if only for the Titaniums.

This year- aside from the Mega AT-AT (can't get over how cool that will be :-P)- I am not excited at all.

I miss my ships! :frus:

Anyway, I am slowly seeing all of the Titaniums disappear in Montana, though I have had a couple lucky finds at different stores (most notably a Clone Republic Gunship with closed sides at my local Hasting Entertainment. I also bought THE last Gunship so I could open one off Amazon.com for $9.99. They were $24.99+ after that- not sure what they are now).

I have to revise the ones I think that will have the most value. In order:

4. Dengar's Punishing One. Unless you were a fan of Shadows of the Empire (which I was hardcore), or like Dengar, this ship will retain it's value only because it was released in one wave revision (apparently- am I right Darth?).

3. The Outrider. Shadow's fans will love it, but typical kids who don't remember the Nintendo 64 game (book, soundtrack, etc.) won't know what this ship is.

2. Nebulon B-Frigate. It's in Jedi at the end, and I blew up a lot of them playing X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter. Last wave release only? Hot stuff!

1. Closed-side Republic Gunship. Cool tool, released in one revision only (apparently), and still in the public eye. Kids growing up watching Clone Wars on TV will want this when they get older and they'll tough to come by!

Just my opinions there- I could be wrong :)

Still, I miss the line. :(

Wish it would come back with ONE set package design, QUALITY paint jobs with little to NO repaints, and a decent price-point ($4-$6...$2-$3 and I am dreaming).

We'll have to see what the future holds.

cloneemperor
02-15-2010, 05:13 AM
I kept expecting to see Titanium reveals at TF, and had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't going to happen. Sad indeed. I'm still ****ed that I've had to look for all of 2009 on eBay. I had enough missing items to look for without throwing an entire year's worth of product into the mix. Shame on you Hasbro Canada, shame!

Darth Windu
02-15-2010, 05:38 AM
Meh, I haven't even bothered looking at the Toy Fair this year simply because I know there's nothing there for me.

JediTricks
02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
It's been an exhaustive amount of stuff, I've given up trying to see it all. Titaniums not being there doesn't affect me that much anymore, I've resigned myself to the fact that this isn't the stage where they could make a comeback. Plus, they never are part of those fan-media presentations anymore.

Darth Duranium
02-16-2010, 08:03 PM
I feel your pain Warstar... hardly anything for small ship collectors at Toy Fair... not that Hasbro always bothered to show Titaniums at recent Toy Fairs.:tired:

I'll add a few more to your "rare" Titanums List... these all seem to go for top dollar, too.

- Death Star
- C-9979 TF Landing Ship
- Rogue Shadow
- Classic Galactica
- 2003 Galactica
- Mon Calamari MC80
- Viper Mk II (Starbuck)
- Viper VII (last repaint)
- Pegasus

Cloneemp, I'd like to heap scorn on Hasbro Canada too. They suck Bantha droppings... didn't even bother to announce they dropped the line in its last year. The guys at Snowtroopers.ca finally found out in a Q&A, months later. Great way to treat collectors.

cloneemperor
02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
That's the main reason I don't even buy Action Figures anymore either.

clone157
02-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I just do not see the importance of Toy Fair anymore. One wave of figs (that are going to be exclusives) and then nothing for months? Why show us stuff that won't ship for ages? SDCC should only be showing 3 more slides than they did for TF. What's the point?