PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball '10

DarthQuack
02-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Cappy you or KH gonna set it up this year? I haven't seen KH here in a while....so I thought I'd ask you if you were gonna launch it.

Slicker
02-15-2010, 06:10 PM
He mentioned that he had already gotten the email about it. He's just about to get back to Colorado so if you message him on FB he should be able to get back to you soon

pbarnard
02-16-2010, 09:48 AM
I see he's setting it up right now. Got an invite.

CaptainSolo1138
02-16-2010, 11:12 AM
I set the league up this morning (while subbing, no less).

League ID: 243991
Password: GRANDY

I sent out a ton of invites in an effort to fill a 12 team league, so it is truly first come, first served. Join quick.

Also, the draft is currently set for March 21 at 10:30 pm EST. Sorry if that's a little late for some of you, but I wanted to makle sure those in MT and PT could participate as well.

pbarnard
02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Apparently a ton of invites translates into 3 people including Cappy!!!

Please sir, can we have some more?

CaptainSolo1138
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm gonna give it another week or so and then post it on Facebook.

DarthQuack
02-25-2010, 02:18 PM
I can't believe there isn't more interest here....we usually had the league full of members no?

pbarnard
02-25-2010, 02:31 PM
It's me. My wife has decided that I can play fantasy sports now. So I'm repulsing everyone.

CaptainSolo1138
03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Sigh...

Here's the scoop: Thus far, only five people have signed up. The draft is just over a week away. If there is not an upswing in team ownership (AT LEAST eight) I'm just going to shut the league down. As it is, we need an even number of teams to have a live draft. That would mean I would register a team under Slick's account. We could draft, but I'm not running two teams so we would still end up with, in effect, a five team league.

I miss the good ol' days when people had to be turned away.

CaptainSolo1138
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Last call.

Draft is Sunday. Need AT LEAST three more to sign up. Otherwise, I'm givn' her the ol' 86.

sonofsokol
03-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I'll sign up and play. I've never really done anything but a Salary Cap league on the sportingnews.com, but I'll give it a shot.

Darth Metalmute
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
I'll sign up. I'm not big on baseballs version, but it could be fun.

CaptainSolo1138
03-17-2010, 04:52 PM
I appreciate it, fellas, but don't feel like you have to. I/we prefer competitive leagues, so if you join please stick with it past mid-May.:p

a Salary Cap league
Yahoo is offering an auction-type draft this year where each team is allocated $X and they have to bid on players. For example, you could blow your wad on Pujols or hold back and spend the same amount on, say, acquiring Longoria and Pedroia. It sounded like a cool idea, but I prefer my fantasy sports to be as simple as possible.

Make sure that you check out the scoring categories, too. I did away with GS and CG this year because they were "sheer luck" categories and if you got one or two you were a shoo-in to win it for the week. I replaced them with OPS and Slugging%, which are winnable categories for any team regardless of draft order.

Darth Metalmute
03-17-2010, 07:21 PM
I appreciate it, fellas, but don't feel like you have to. I/we prefer competitive leagues, so if you join please stick with it past mid-May.:p

I'll stick with it.

Bobby Higginson still plays right?

sonofsokol
03-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I like the idea of a draft and am really excited to play. It makes the season more fun when you have a "vested interest"

DarthQuack
10-07-2010, 12:37 PM
DQ is your champion! :)

Darth Metalmute
10-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Congrats DQ!

I made it up to September:thumbsup: But then my team got the injury bug. I did enjoy my stint in first place, but somehow my team that heavily leaned on the production of Tigers fell apart after the All-Star break. Can't figure that out.:rolleyes:

sonofsokol
10-07-2010, 01:08 PM
I think I actually did better the more I left my team alone. The weeks that I micromanaged and tried to adjust my roster based on pitching matchups and that sort of this were the weeks I seemed to struggle the most. I'm pretty proud of myself...second place ain't bad for a draft and trade rookie:thumbsup:

That was a lot of fun. Contratulations to DQ!!