PDA

View Full Version : What is a Transition Tray Variation

Warped
02-16-2010, 08:00 PM
I know its noobish. I have never heard of this. It came up while I was looking up a carded figure. ( The power of the force "Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi" with Long Lightsaber and pic of just his head)

Old Fossil
02-16-2010, 08:31 PM
It could be one with a short saber in a long saber plastic tray.

Or it could be a kind of tray used at an all-you-can-eat buffet, as one moves from the cash register to the buffet tables.:cross-eye

Warped
02-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Ohhhhh.... So its when they use the old trays and package the new stuff. (as in when they made the lightsaber smaller, they didnt get a new package). From what I think I know, this ( Obi-Wan) was the very first package before they changed everything. Thank You for the info.

Old Fossil
02-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Thank You for the info.

Your sairvant, suh! And though I imagine it's been said before, I'll say it again: welcome to SSG!

Lord Malakite
02-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Ohhhhh.... So its when they use the old trays and package the new stuff. (as in when they made the lightsaber smaller, they didnt get a new package).
Yep, thats more or less what the transition variants are. When they reduced the saber size down to the 2.5" length (for the figures that came with lightsabers at the time) Kenner they also updated the trays for the reduced sized sabers, but at the same time they also had some of the original figure trays for 3.5" length sabers leftover in stock. Rather than toss the leftover stock they decided to be thrifty and packaged the new sabers using the old trays. After they ran out of the leftover 3.5" saber trays they started using the newly updated 2.5" saber trays.

JediTricks
02-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Oh man, I can't believe I got beat to answering this one. :p I returned my long-saber Vader and Luke to TRU for the proper length sabers back in the day. That was so smooth. :eek: