PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Fruit Snacks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2010, 12:43 AM
Today I found Kroger brand Star Wars fruit snacks. They're in a yellow box like the other Kroger fruit snacks, and oddly don't have the Clone Wars logo but have a picture of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Rex, and Yoda. The snacks themselves are in the shape of R2-D2, C-3PO, Grievous, and a Jedi Starfighter, from what I've seen so far. They're not spectacular-tasting but I always love finding Star Wars food. :love:

Slicker
02-17-2010, 08:33 AM
If you want some delicious fruit snacks try the Phineas and Ferb ones!
/end thread hijacking.

sonofsokol
02-17-2010, 11:46 AM
I ought to be able to bribe my 4 year-old to do just about anything for Star Wars fruit snacks...:whip:

pbarnard
02-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Better have collected a Star Wars toothbrush and toothpaste to fight off the intergalactic cavities that could come from Star Wars Fruit snaks.

Warped
02-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I will not open my Star Wars Tooth brush....there is no way.

Maerj2000
02-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Today I found Kroger brand Star Wars fruit snacks. They're in a yellow box like the other Kroger fruit snacks, and oddly don't have the Clone Wars logo but have a picture of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Rex, and Yoda. The snacks themselves are in the shape of R2-D2, C-3PO, Grievous, and a Jedi Starfighter, from what I've seen so far. They're not spectacular-tasting but I always love finding Star Wars food. :love:

I'd love to see a Clone Wars cereal to go with the show. The prize inside could be weapons and accessories for figures. Yeah, I'd like that a lot and would eat lots of cereal.

Warped
02-17-2010, 09:00 PM
I'd love to see a Clone Wars cereal to go with the show. The prize inside could be weapons and accessories for figures. Yeah, I'd like that a lot and would eat lots of cereal.

Thats all I would buy for my kids. Good thing my dental insurance is under my wife.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2010, 12:47 AM
I have a collection of SW food packaging, with just about everything released in the states since TPM (more or less; I missed some of the 72 M&M's given weird size choices that no stores in my area carried, and that sort of thing). I, too, would love a Clone Wars cereal. I freakin' loved the AOTC cereal, and the ROTS stuff was pretty good, too, so I would love a continuation of that tradition. I also had a few SW toothbrushes and still have three or four of those TPM toothpastes (Galactic Bubble Mint, or something). Fun stuff.

El Chuxter
02-18-2010, 01:04 AM
JJL, I'm-a let you finish, but I just have to say that C-3PO's was one of the best cereals of all time. Of. All. Time!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Alas, Kanye, I was not around for it. What did it taste like?

Ji'dai
02-18-2010, 08:36 AM
I didn't care for C-3POs. The GI Joe cereal was a lot better. I think it was just repackaged Captain Crunch.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-19-2010, 01:28 AM
I didn't care for C-3POs. The GI Joe cereal was a lot better. I think it was just repackaged Captain Crunch.
Which was like Captain Crunch? Not C-3PO's. Here is a picture (http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ucp/50_5271_ucp.jpg) of the box, and a commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe3TWZ_3qRg) for it.

I don't remember exactly what it tasted like. Probably somewhere between Honey Nut Cheerios and Golden Grahams.

pbarnard
02-19-2010, 01:20 PM

The GI Joe cereal was star shaped, tasted terrible, and if I wasn't so damn determined to get the Starduster figure and my first JUMP Jetpack, I wouldn't have eaten it and never did again after I got the prerequisite UPCs.

Ji'dai
02-19-2010, 01:33 PM
I thought the GI Joe cereal tasted a lot better than C-3POs. Even though it was SW, I just couldn't choke it down.

The Joe cereal reminded more of Cap'n Crunch, one of my favorites. I still have several flattened boxes of Joe cereal so I must've eaten a lot of it.

El Chuxter
02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
After the SW hype died down, they re-release C-3POs as Pro Grain for a couple of years. It was basically sweeter Cheerios in a different shape.

Rocketboy
02-20-2010, 12:59 AM
If you want some delicious fruit snacks try the Phineas and Ferb ones!
/end thread hijacking.Hells yes! They taste better simply because they are shaped like P&F!

And apparently Threepios tasted like that cheap cereal King Vitamin. I don;t remember because back then I was more interested in just having Star Wars cereal than actually eating it.

I miss the Episode 2 era cereal. They had two different ones, IIRC. The cereal with Obi-Wan on the box was awesome. I called 'em Kenobi-Os.