PDA

View Full Version : R2-Q5 - The Return

Sidiously Darth
02-27-2002, 01:34 PM
So many of us have seen this figure + the rest of the Tessk wave showing up lately. They did in Orlando, but 2 days later they're all gone. I mean every one of them. Someone around here is stocking up on the black R2's.

We did have FX2002 this past weekend and I noticed one of the venders had quite a few at a hideous $15.00 each. He was going half price on Sunday, though.:rolleyes:

As for ebay, no auctions in this area for R2-Q5. I wonder where they all went?

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 01:38 PM
If the R2-Q5 has the spelling error (Imperal) it is worth $25.
The corrected version is the one that is only $8-$10.

Beast
02-27-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
If the R2-Q5 has the spelling error (Imperal) it is worth $25.
The corrected version is the one that is only $8-$10.
I don't believe there ever was a corrected version of the R2-Q5 force file. I keep pretty well informed and last I heard there never was a running change instituted on them. Hmmmm.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Casual George
02-27-2002, 02:46 PM
I found an R2-Q5 along with Tessek, Jar Jar and Lando at my local K-Mart last night. They were 3 each on the pegs, they must have just put them out I grabbed R2 and Lando right away, it's the first I've seen of them in my area.

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I don't believe there ever was a corrected version of the R2-Q5 force file. I keep pretty well informed and last I heard there never was a running change instituted on them. Hmmmm.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The only reason I say that JarJar is because Toyfare lists the error and the corrected version, so one must have been made somewhere.

Beast
02-27-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
The only reason I say that JarJar is because Toyfare lists the error and the corrected version, so one must have been made somewhere.
ToyFare is known to be wrong, I remeber when they used to list a Prince Xizor w/ Red Energy Blades and Attack R2-D2 and Attack C-3PO. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 03:17 PM
They may be wrong, but nevertheless the error R2-Q5 is still going for $25.00:)

Lord Tenebrous
02-27-2002, 03:21 PM
I've only seen this wave once, at TRU when it was first released. It sat around, so I had multiple opportunities to get a Lando, Jar Jar or Q5. But I only got Tessek, and I don't regret it.

I think the misspelled Imperal forced me not to get it, that was a bad error that shouldn't have made it through. :Pirate:

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 07:21 PM
The only real R2-Q5 variation is .0300 cardback and .0400 card back, the .0300 is the rarest since it wasn't produced a whole lot.

The force files they stopped correcting after they had all those variants on'em in the first few POTJ waves and so R2-Q5's was never and of course won't ever be corrected.

InsaneJediGirl
02-27-2002, 07:29 PM
Sidiously Darth,

Same thing happened here in Ocala.Two days after a wave comes it suddenly disapears.I didnt know there was a big
scapler market here.

As for the varation,I havent looked,but I highly doubt the rare
verison is still on shelves.

Sidiously Darth
02-27-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Sidiously Darth,

Same thing happened here in Ocala.Two days after a wave comes it suddenly disapears.I didnt know there was a big
scapler market here.

As for the varation,I havent looked,but I highly doubt the rare
verison is still on shelves.

That's very strange. The scalper shops that I knew about are all gone now. I only know of 2 shops that still sell current SW figures. Acme, where I get my SW comics, orders theirs from Diamond and this place on I-Drive. I don't know where they get theirs but it is way expensive. They take advantage of the tourists.

If there are other places, I don't know about them.:confused:

InsaneJediGirl
02-27-2002, 07:58 PM
Yeah. There are a few comic shops here,but I talked to a few of
them and they buy direct from Hasbro and go to WM and
the like for their personal collections....I dont think the stockboys
are pulling them off the shelves either...Oh well,I shall keep
you posted.

sith_killer_99
02-27-2002, 10:26 PM
Well, JangoFett96, most of the toy mags pricing is WAY off. The truth is, a figure is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it....

or charge for it!

Personally, I'm not in this hobby to make a buck, or trade 1 figure, that saw poor distribution, for 2-3 that were just a little uncommon.

I did find a BUNCH of these guys and I've sold most of them at a WHOPPING $6.44 each! Plus shipping.;) Since I was all caught up on my POTJ collection. Now all I need is the Bo Shek wave.
:cry:

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2002, 08:59 AM
Sith Killer,
I am not in the hobby for money either. I love this hobby and I hate scalping. But it is good to look in the price guide and know you have something that is worth a little. It is like an added incentive, even though you will never sell it.

OC47150
02-28-2002, 09:04 AM
I checked out a couple of stores on the way home from work last night. I got excited when I saw the pegs full at Wal-Mart but quickly disappointed when it was just the Lando wave -- again. There was one R2-Q5 figure last night, with the typo.

The Lando wave is the only wave that's abundant in my area. It's kinda depressing.

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Personally, I'm not in this hobby to make a buck, or trade 1 figure, that saw poor distribution, for 2-3 that were just a little uncommon.

I am not in this hobby for a buck either. I am a collector and I love my hobby. I do it because I love it, not because I want to profit from it.
For you to make this assumption is insulting to me.

Jayspawn
02-28-2002, 11:17 AM
I bunch of R2-Q5s have showen up latley in my area. They are the mispelled version too. I picked up an extra.