PDA

View Full Version : AT-ST Avaliable for Order at ToysRUs.com!



Beast
02-27-2002, 02:05 PM
ToysRUs.com has the AT-ST up for order right now for 29.99, no need to try to hunt the stores for this vehicle. With shipping it comes to 35.43, but with the following savings code: CHNKBKAMZNFT you can get 5.00 off, making it only 30.43 and you don't have to pay tax in most states. I already ordered one for my birthday, and am letting all you guys know so you can get one now. Just head to toysRUs.com and look for, Star Wars Endor Vehicles Set. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fulit
02-27-2002, 02:22 PM
That's cool, because both my TRU's are scalper havens. Wonder how long I have until they're sold out?

AmanaMatt
02-27-2002, 02:42 PM
thanks for the coupon...hopefully it'll arrive in a decent condition box

Lman316
02-27-2002, 07:30 PM
I was going to pick one of these up, but when I came back to Toysrus.com, of course, it was out of stock.
Hopefully, they'll get some more back on there soon because I'm no where near a Toys R Us.

Beast
02-27-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
I was going to pick one of these up, but when I came back to Toysrus.com, of course, it was out of stock.
Hopefully, they'll get some more back on there soon because I'm no where near a Toys R Us.
Doh, that really sucks. Hopefully they didn't take orders on accident, and will now have to cancel them. I hope it's just a case of being out of stock on them. Hopefully those of us lucky enough to get an order thru will still get ours. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
02-27-2002, 07:39 PM
They're out b/c all the pre-orders for the online places had to fill their needs.

Actually, I couldn't even find it on the TRU site. All I came up with was the lego version.

Beast
02-27-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
They're out b/c all the pre-orders for the online places had to fill their needs. Actually, I couldn't even find it on the TRU site. All I came up with was the lego version.
Don't look for AT-ST, that will pop up the lego one. It's stupidly listed as Star Wars 3.75" Endor Vehicles Set. Toss that into the search bar, and it should come up. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
02-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Thanks JJB!

Now that I've looked at these pictures more closely, I'm not so sure I need these. I already have too many speeder bikes. This one looks exactly the same. The "Chicken" Walker has a little paint variation, but looks exactly the same. Does this one also have the walking action? If so, all I want is the ewok!:frus:

Beast
02-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
Thanks JJB! Now that I've looked at these pictures more closely, I'm not so sure I need these. I already have too many speeder bikes. This one looks exactly the same. The "Chicken" Walker has a little paint variation, but looks exactly the same. Does this one also have the walking action? If so, all I want is the ewok!:frus:
Your Welcome, thats why I am here. :) And yep, it has the walking/stomping action, check out the boxed back images from Sir Steve's picture archive: http://www.myfigures.com/pa/index.html?item_id=29023 . I heard that the Speeder bike doesn't break apart on this one, so thats atleast a different change. The paint job on the AT-ST is much improved over the previous version though, especially on the legs. Looks like it's more meant for Endor then the 1995 edition. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrunchyNug
02-27-2002, 08:23 PM
I read the post earlier and was actually able to order one of these at around noon out here in L.A. The nifty coupon helped out too. Thanks for saving me the trouble of fighting off the locals at the stores Jar Jar. When I tried to tell a friend recently, they were all gone. Thanks again JJ. :D

Beast
02-27-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by CrunchyNug
I read the post earlier and was actually able to order one of these at around noon out here in L.A. The nifty coupon helped out too. Thanks for saving me the trouble of fighting off the locals at the stores Jar Jar. When I tried to tell a friend recently, they were all gone. Thanks again JJ. :D
Your welcome, thats what I'm here for. I like to keep everyone informed as best as I can, and pass on anything that I hear so that my fellow SSG members can get somthing before the "boo hiss" scalpers do. :D The thanks and praise I get from helping people here, really makes me feel glad I spend my time doing it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-27-2002, 09:24 PM
Toys R US flat out sucks! Why bother with a per-sale if it's going to sel out in a few minutes. If it was a pre-sale there should had been enough sets to go around. Hasbro probably gave TRU a limit to sell, and if thats the case it's not a pre-sale, its a bunch of crap! Can you guys tell that I'm mad! Don't worry, I'll get over it. :crazed: :confused: :crazed:

Beast
02-27-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Toys R US flat out sucks! Why bother with a per-sale if it's going to sel out in a few minutes. If it was a pre-sale there should had been enough sets to go around. Hasbro probably gave TRU a limit to sell, and if thats the case it's not a pre-sale, its a bunch of crap! Can you guys tell that I'm mad! Don't worry, I'll get over it. :crazed: :confused: :crazed:
Sorry to hear that you missed out on it TurboWars, I would suggest you keep checking, especially after March 1st when they are supposed to get them in. They may go back up for sale again that day, after they take care of the pre-orders. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Drew
02-27-2002, 10:20 PM
:) Hey, Jar-Jar thank's for the info about the AT-ST at the TRU site, you just saved me alot of time and gas money looking for this thing. Also thank's for the discount code-It helped. Good Hunting......

Beast
02-27-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Drew
:) Hey, Jar-Jar thank's for the info about the AT-ST at the TRU site, you just saved me alot of time and gas money looking for this thing. Also thank's for the discount code-It helped. Good Hunting......
Your welcome also, again I am glad to help my fellow SSG members. I just hope that most of you were able to get one before they ran out, or can easily find one in the stores. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrunchyNug
02-28-2002, 04:00 PM
I got my email confirmation that my AT-ST has shipped today from TRU.com. This is great news, since many people were confused as to whether or not this item was actually "in stock". Just an update. :D

Wolfwood319
02-28-2002, 04:02 PM
Any idea on what we might see these in an actual TRU store? Almost, how much did it cost?

Beast
02-28-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Any idea on what we might see these in an actual TRU store? Almost, how much did it cost?
They are hitting right now. I was talking to some of my friends on-line last night and they found them at TRU yesterday. 29.99 is the price both on-line and in store. So now is the time to hit the stores and start the hunting. :) No shipping confirmation here, yet. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
02-28-2002, 04:10 PM
You've got to be kidding me, $30 for a reused mold and a crappy pack-in ewok?!?!

You could've gotten 6 AT-STs for that price back in 96'. Unbelievable, the word "rip-off" comes to mind.

JEDIpartner
02-28-2002, 04:18 PM
You said the magic words there, "Could've". I wasn't able to find ANYTHING other than the figures around here and vehicles were really a rarity. If I see one of these... I will probably pick it up because I flat out don't have one. :cry:

Beast
02-28-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
You've got to be kidding me, $30 for a reused mold and a crappy pack-in ewok?!?! You could've gotten 6 AT-STs for that price back in 96'. Unbelievable, the word "rip-off" comes to mind.
$30.00 isn't a horrible price, the POTF2 AT-ST was 19.99 when it came out in the POTF2 line. The cheapest I ever saw it on clerance was at Target for $10. The Speeder bikes were 9.99 in most stores, so that's 30.00 right there. It's not that bad a price, plus the paintjobs are better, and alot of people didn't get the original AT-ST re-issue in 1995. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
02-28-2002, 04:23 PM
I remember my Target having the bottom shelf so full of these things they discounted them to $5 a pop, and still they sat for almost a year. I wound up with 3 all together. I'd rather them make a new one, scale size, that fits 2 pilots, and ditch the ewok and bike. I'd pay $30-$40 for that.

I'm not sure about the speeder bike though, I only picked up the one with the scout trooper and hated the bike, it kept falling apart. So I didn't get the Luke or Leia. This new one doesn't have the exploding feature, right?

I guess when you think about it, its a decent price. But it seems really high, especially when you think of all the things that sat on the shelves and were discounted to pennies. And I hate exclusives.

Beast
02-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I remember my Target having the bottom shelf so full of these things they discounted them to $5 a pop, and still they sat for almost a year. I wound up with 3 all together. I'd rather them make a new one, scale size, that fits 2 pilots, and ditch the ewok and bike. I'd pay $30-$40 for that.
I'm not sure about the speeder bike though, I only picked up the one with the scout trooper and hated the bike, it kept falling apart. So I didn't get the Luke or Leia. This new one doesn't have the exploding feature, right?
I guess when you think about it, its a decent price. But it seems really high, especially when you think of all the things that sat on the shelves and were discounted to pennies. And I hate exclusives.
Mine only had them go to $10.00 before they managed to all sell out. Which is to bad, I always wanted another, so this is a great chance for me to get a second one cheaper then the secondary market. Nope, the bike doesn't have the exploding feature, and amen to that. I didn't like the feature on it either. It was cool for the Scout Trooper when it stayed together, but they should have removed it on the Luke and Leia versions. I don't like Exclusives much myself, but thats pretty much what Hasbro has to do to get vehicles produced, stores won't take the risk on expensive vehicles anymore. :( It's a damn shame, especially with the TIE Bomber, that should have been a regular release ship. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

INDIANA
02-28-2002, 05:14 PM
Please clear this up for me, as I have never ordered from TRU.com before. After I placed my order, I recieved a confirmation e-mail. Now, I should also recieve a "it's shipped" e-mail as well? Or was the order confirmation it?

At this point, TRU recieved my order but it wasn't shipped..right?

Sidiously Darth
02-28-2002, 09:01 PM
I'm posting this in every thread concerning the new set. I don't want either the AT-ST or the Speederbike. I just want the ewok. Please email me if you want to get rid of yours.(alecquaid@hotmail.com):)

Beast
03-01-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by INDIANA
Please clear this up for me, as I have never ordered from TRU.com before. After I placed my order, I recieved a confirmation e-mail. Now, I should also recieve a "it's shipped" e-mail as well? Or was the order confirmation it? At this point, TRU recieved my order but it wasn't shipped..right?
It appears like it, as I just finally recieved my E-mail stating that my order has shipped. Cool, in 3-7 days I can finally have my AT-ST in my eager hands. Hopefully it will hold me over til the preview figures ship. :D Here is a copy of the email:


Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items today, and that this completes your order.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again soon.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by visiting Your Account at www.amazon.com. There you can:
* Track order and shipment status
* Review estimated delivery dates
* Cancel unshipped items
* Return items
* And do much more
The following items were included in this shipment:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Star Wars 3.75" Endor Vehicles $29.99 1 $29.99
Toysrus.com, LLC item sold by Amazon.com Kids, Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Subtotal: $29.99
Shipping & Handling: $5.44

Promotional Certificate: - $5.00

Total: $30.43
---------------------------------------------------------------------

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Drew
03-01-2002, 08:39 AM
I also received a E-Mail from TRU saying that the AT-St was shipped on the 28th by UPS and expect it 3 to7 days.:)

Rollo Tomassi
03-04-2002, 06:26 PM
WHOOOHOO!!!


I just got mine in the mail! Thank you TRU, Amazon.com and UPS!! What can Brown do for me? It can bring me goodies to my door!

Hasbro is getting alot of mileage out of that Speederbike mold aren't they?

I like the "greenage" on the AT-ST feet and legs. The AT-ST pilot inside was a nice suprise.

Can I get a "Feh" on the Paploo figure? Amen.

And 40 JEDI MASTER POINTS! Whoo hooo..wait..

I was jokin' 'bout the pilot...:rolleyes:

Well, enough gripin'. It's a nice addition to my collection. If I can find another one at the actual store (snicker) I might pick it up.

Beast
03-04-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
WHOOOHOO!!! I just got mine in the mail! Thank you TRU, Amazon.com and UPS!! What can Brown do for me? It can bring me goodies to my door! Hasbro is getting alot of mileage out of that Speederbike mold aren't they? I like the "greenage" on the AT-ST feet and legs. The AT-ST pilot inside was a nice suprise. Can I get a "Feh" on the Paploo figure? Amen. And 40 JEDI MASTER POINTS! Whoo hooo..wait.. I was jokin' 'bout the pilot...:rolleyes: Well, enough gripin'. It's a nice addition to my collection. If I can find another one at the actual store (snicker) I might pick it up.
Mine just came a lil while ago also. Thanks to TRU, Amazon, and UPS as well. It's already out of the box and displayed next to my 1995 one. :D The paint job is a VAST improvment compared to the last one, nice black 'heat' markings by the cheek guns. The speeder bike is ok, and the Paploo is sufficiant, I guess. He works as a new Ewok, but I wish they would have used the Teebo body instead. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
03-04-2002, 08:25 PM
Congrats to those who received this item. BTW, I'm still on the hunt for the ewok. I'm not getting the set. So I need help getting the ewok. Email me at alecquaid@hotmail.com

Thanks!

CrunchyNug
03-05-2002, 03:55 PM
My AT-ST has arrived. I have to agree with all the comments made in regards to its new paint job - definitely a vast improvement over the '95 version. I opened mine immediately. The ewok looks great next to the rest of my speeders chasing those Imperials. :D

evenflow
03-05-2002, 04:36 PM
Well, I got mine yesterday in the mail. It came in pretty much mint condition, and i have to say that I really like it. Paploo looks good, he makes the set just that much more special.