PDA

View Full Version : And now we have a Vintage Collection forum

JediTricks
02-20-2010, 02:37 AM
You're soaking in it, Madge.

At least 2 years of this line, Hasbro says they're committing to this concept, so a new forum goes with it. I've seeded it with the discussions of toys that will be in the line, but I only grabbed the ones I saw.

bigbarada
02-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Awesome! I foresee myself buying a lot of figures just to keep on the card this year. :cool:

Neuroleptic
02-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I'll be buying more in the first wave when it hits shelves here than the rest of the year by that point, JUST to get the rocket fireing boba fett! And as they make them, this will be the first collection in a looooong time that I buy figures loose and to keep on the card. So they'll deffinetly get more cash from me than usual, tite budget or not.

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm boycotting since you didn't pick my proposed name. :p

TeeEye7
02-20-2010, 12:06 PM
You're soaking in it, Madge.

I wonder how many here know that vintage reference, JT? : omgimgettingold :

Jedi Law Student
02-20-2010, 01:03 PM
The Empire wave looks great! I didn't think that they could possibly improve on the 2004 Cloud Car Pilot, but they did! I also can't wait for the new Dengar, and I'm super excited about the rocket-firing Boba Fett! This is going to be a great fall.

2-1B
02-20-2010, 02:10 PM
This vintage line already convinced me to buy multiple figures each year, beyond the current 1 or 2 per year that I currently buy...so I'll be following this closely.

pbarnard
02-20-2010, 06:06 PM
This year while looking great, is a year I'm going to cut back further. The house is the big reason, but the other is duplicate characters. Better? Some are. I'm just going to hold on/off that if I miss something hasbro toy shop will have it up there for a year or so.

JediTricks
02-20-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm boycotting since you didn't pick my proposed name. :pI didn't pick the name at all, that's the name of the line. JabbaJohn found it on a cardback photo that Steve took to point out the line name.

I wonder how many here know that vintage reference, JT? : omgimgettingold :Oh, I know! I still buy Bounty paper towels and think of Rosie too. :p I actually have some Palmolive for my dish detergent no less, and it was the first thing I said when I took it off the shelf. TV is my real dad. The funny thing is, those 2 ads are before my time technically, but they kept them in rotation when I was growing up. I can't imagine an ad surviving today for a month, much less a decade.

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Then I'll boycott the line since Hasbro didn't use my suggestion. :)

bigbarada
02-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Not to nitpick, but shouldn't the Clone Wars section be moved above the Legacy section, since it's sticking around and Legacy is just 1 wave away from the "Modern Retired" section?

JediTricks
02-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Legacy isn't dead yet, so it's not retired, that's all there is to it. Once retired, it'll be merged into the vast... vast... VAST retired modern forum.

AmanaMatt
02-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Good riddance to the Legacy line.......! With exceptions. 'Hello' to the Vintage line (again)!!!!!!