PDA

View Full Version : Which figures would you like to see in TVC?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I think I need some sort of medal for the first use of "TVC". :p

Anyway, how about it? Even though I'll be opening the figures and I wasn't around for the original vintage run, even I think the packaging is gorgeous. I love the idea of getting figures on the vintage cards that weren't around in the '70s and '80s.

*Uncle Owen - this is the one that gave me the idea for this thread. There's a great-looking new Owen coming in the Visionaries comic pack, but the coloring isn't 100% accurate to ANH. Wouldn't it be awesome if they repainted him and put him on the vintage card?
*Dr. Evazan - pretty sure this one is coming, but it will still be awesome.
*Grand Moff Tarkin - we need a new one, and there wasn't one in the vintage line, so this would be really cool.
*Slave Leia - could just be a repack, but would still be cool.
*Darth Maul - this one could just be a repack of the Evolutions figure, but a TVC Maul would be killer.
*Jar Jar Binks - this guy needs a SA update, and I'm sure he'd sell better on a vintage card.
*General Grievous - now that they wouldn't need to spend the money for a droid part, hopefully they would release the 2008 figure with a cape.

I'm also looking forward to the other prequel characters here, but don't need to list them all. So, what would you like to see?

2-1B
02-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Everything JJL listed above, plus:

TPM Qui-Gon with soft goods robe (Naboo pic)
TPM Mace Windu
AOTC Obi-Wan with soft goods robe (Kamino pic)
AOTC Count Dooku
ROTS Anakin with soft goods robe (Mustafar pic)
ROTS Darth Sidious
ANH Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise
ANH Tusken Raider with Sandpeople description on the card
ESB 2-1B - not in a joking way, I'd really like to see a Vintage ESB style Deuce
ESB Luke Skywalker (Bacta Tank)
ROTJ Nien Nunb - with card pic of him behind the controls of the Falcon
ROTJ Ghost of Anakin (H-Christ version) - I realize this would not be a popular choice
EU Teek - so I don't have to buy the Star Tours box set ;)

bigbarada
02-20-2010, 04:59 PM
ROTJ: (I'm also going to try to guess what vintage-style names they would get)
Darth Vader (with Removable Helmet): using the image of Vader just after Luke takes off his helmet, and displaying the helmet in a separate bubble just above the figure like they did for the vintage Lando Skiff and Boushh Leia.
Princess Leia (Jabba the Hutt's Prisoner): any screenshot would be fine.
Luke Skywalker (Final Jedi Duel): preferably with a completely resculpted DS2 Luke. :)
A-Wing Pilot ('Green Squadron' Leader): since they seem to be rereleasing the A-Wing, then it would be awesome to finally have an A-Wing Pilot on an ROTJ card.
Barada: another figure that I would like to see on an ROTJ card and, while they're at it, just give us a completely new, SA Barada. :)
Ephant Mon: I really don't think this would possible, but it would be cool.
Amanaman: this could just be a straight repack of the POTJ figure.
Chukha-Trok: yes, I know, technically he was dead by ROTJ, but no one really needs to know that. ;)

Star Wars:
Grand Moff Tarkin: he was always one of the most glaring omissions from the vintage line. Time to correct that.
Cantina Band Member: another glaring omission from the vintage line, plus I would love to see this figure super-articulated.
Rebel Blockade Runner Soldier: the Rebel Fleet Trooper, but "Rebel Blockade Runner Soldier" just sounds more "vintage-ish" to me. I don't think Kenner ever used the word "trooper" to describe Rebels.
Cantina Thug or Grubby Human: this would be Dr. Evazan, but that name is not at all consistent with the vintage names of figures like Walrusman, Hammerhead and Snaggletooth.
Owen Lars and Beru Lars: carded separately, of course, but they would be cool to have on vintage cards.
R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo): I just want this figure on a Star Wars card.

ESB:
AT-AT Driver
Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot

TPM:
Anakin Skywalker (Podracer Champion): an all new version of Anakin with a removable podracer helmet.
Jar Jar Binks: we need an SA Jar Jar on a vintage card.
Darth Maul: would love to see him on a vintage style card as well.
Queen Amidala: her Theed Invasion or Senate outfit. Those are the two most iconic of her outfits and both could use an update.

AOTC:
Jango Fett
Count Dooku
Yoda (Jedi Master): we need a photo of Yoda with his lightsaber on a vintage card!

ROTS:
Shocktrooper: still my favorite Clonetroopers, so I'd like to see them on a vintage card. Maybe the photo of them on Mustafar.
General Grievous: an iconic villain who would be right at home on a vintage card
Tarfull: we desperately need an update of this Wookiee and there are tons of awesome promotional photos that could be used for his card.
Wookiee Warrior: I've been waiting for some decent Wookiee action figures for 5 years now.

2-1B
02-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Excellent suggestions bigB...but what's that about Chuka being a corpse by the time of ROTJ? Does that refer to any controversy over when the Ewok flix took place?

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Chukha wasn't dead. He got sick of Mace Towani whining and pretended to be dead so the brat would leave him alone.

bigbarada
02-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Excellent suggestions bigB...but what's that about Chuka being a corpse by the time of ROTJ? Does that refer to any controversy over when the Ewok flix took place?

I always thought that the Ewok movies took place prior to ROTJ; but I could be wrong. That could actually create some continuity problems now that I think about it.

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Last I read, the Ewok cartoons took place prior to the Ewok movies, and the Ewok movies prior to ROTJ. All of them take place (roughly) from slightly before ANH to around the time of ESB. Noa and the Towanis don't speak Basic, so Wicket doesn't learn it, but the movies are "translated" into Basic for the viewers' benefit.

bigbarada
02-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Last I read, the Ewok cartoons took place prior to the Ewok movies, and the Ewok movies prior to ROTJ. All of them take place (roughly) from slightly before ANH to around the time of ESB. Noa and the Towanis don't speak Basic, so Wicket doesn't learn it, but the movies are "translated" into Basic for the viewers' benefit.

So with three different Chief Chirpas and possibly 4 different Lograys (if you count the season 2 Ewoks Logray to be a different character because of the new voice actor), between the 2 seasons of Ewoks, the 2 Ewoks movies and ROTJ, then exactly how do the Star Wars continuity police explain all of that? Is "Logray" a title instead of a name? Is "Chirpa" a royal dynasty instead of an individual Chieftan?

Also how do they reconcile the extreme makeovers that Teebo and Paploo went through? Unless they are completely different Ewoks who just happen to share the same name?

And, yes, I really do think about these things. :cross-eye

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Different characterization, I assume. Batman who walked around on the streets of Gotham and called Robin his chum was the same guy who knocked the Joker into a vat of acid.

The only thing I do take issue with is the EU saying Logray was a sham all along and was excommunicated from the tribe just after ROTJ because he was fake, when he clearly had some powers in the stories that take place earlier.

bigbarada
02-20-2010, 11:27 PM
The only thing I do take issue with is the EU saying Logray was a sham all along and was excommunicated from the tribe just after ROTJ because he was fake, when he clearly had some powers in the stories that take place earlier.

That is ridiculous and yet another reason to completely ignore non-film EU sources. Poor Logray :( slandered by some hack EU writer looking to make a name for himself. :mad:

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 11:28 PM
I do like that Wicket and Kneesa eventually got married. I thought it was weird that Kneesa became the chief, since the Ewoks seemed rather patriarchal, and I would've assumed Wicket would've been the next chief.

bigbarada
02-20-2010, 11:34 PM
I do like that Wicket and Kneesa eventually got married. I thought it was weird that Kneesa became the chief, since the Ewoks seemed rather patriarchal, and I would've assumed Wicket would've been the next chief.

Yeah, Wicket would have definitely married his way into the Chief position. I really don't like it when the writers try to get too politically correct with the Star Wars characters. The Ewoks are a primitive tribe, so it's not a big deal that they wouldn't allow female leaders.

So did Latara and Teebo ever get married or did she dump him when he got all ugly and scary looking? :D

El Chuxter
02-20-2010, 11:40 PM
I've never heard of anything about those two. Aside from slandering Logray and saying Paploo took his place as shaman, the EU writers only seem concerned with Kneesa and Wicket.

I personally think Wicket became chief, with Logray, Kaink, Chukha-Trok (who, again, was faking to get Mace the heck away from him), and Teek as his most trusted advisors, and the Ewoks of Endor all united under his leadership and entered into a new golden age, the likes of which have not been seen anywhere across the galaxy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Steering the Ewok discussion back into the original intent of the thread . . . how should they deal with Ewoks in this line? The original Ewoks were one to a card, but that's a damn ripoff and they always do two nowadays (except for Chief Chirpa, due to costing reasons or whatever). If they do a new Wicket, for instance, but sell him by himself and charge $7.99, would you feel ripped off? Or would it be worth it to get a new Wicket, and on the vintage card to boot?

bigbarada
02-21-2010, 12:17 AM
I've never heard of anything about those two. Aside from slandering Logray and saying Paploo took his place as shaman, the EU writers only seem concerned with Kneesa and Wicket.

I personally think Wicket became chief, with Logray, Kaink, Chukha-Trok (who, again, was faking to get Mace the heck away from him), and Teek as his most trusted advisors, and the Ewoks of Endor all united under his leadership and entered into a new golden age, the likes of which have not been seen anywhere across the galaxy.

Sounds like you should be writing for Lucasfilm to me. :cool: You should probably just edit that into the Wookieepedia Ewok articles and hopefully they'll realize it's a much better story and never change it. :D

Steering the Ewok discussion back into the original intent of the thread . . . how should they deal with Ewoks in this line? The original Ewoks were one to a card, but that's a damn ripoff and they always do two nowadays (except for Chief Chirpa, due to costing reasons or whatever). If they do a new Wicket, for instance, but sell him by himself and charge $7.99, would you feel ripped off? Or would it be worth it to get a new Wicket, and on the vintage card to boot?

I would prefer them to be one per card like the vintage figures. Although it would be interesting to see how they handle packing them two per card and still retain the feel of the vintage design.

I'm assuming that they will usually pack an Ewok in a wave with a larger character to balance out the costs when you purchase the entire wave. If they redo Wicket properly scaled, then they might need to repack Ephant Mon, just to make it fair. lol

Although, I'd still buy Wicket by himself at $7.99.

El Chuxter
02-21-2010, 12:53 AM
They could release a repainted generic Ewok, or something rare like Teek, with him; something that doesn't require tooling. Conversely, they could, say, have the Ewok based on an existing sculpt and put Cindel in the package.

bigbarada
02-21-2010, 01:01 AM
A repainted Wokling with each Ewok might help create more perceived value as well.

El Chuxter
02-21-2010, 01:03 AM
That would be a fine idea. Never can one have too many Woklings.

Some might disagree, but the older Ewok sculpts could be repainted to be background Ewoks, since most of the "minor" costumes seemed pretty generic and not especially detailed, anyway.

However, it may be a moot point. Unless the two Ewoks (or Ewok and whatever) appeared onscreen together, how would they do vintage-style artwork?

Rik Duel
02-21-2010, 04:11 AM
(The two ewoks that hijacked the walker with Chewie would be a great two-pack ) Making a "fake" picture should be doable. They could do some of that weird 70s airbrushing to make the picture show what they want it too. Plus they could probably still make 2 on a card feel vintage-ish with a long bubble like Chewbacca had.
And I really want this Luke on this card
http://theswca.com/db/gus/77luke.jpg

and:
Ceremonial Luke and a really really good General Lando. (I know Lando figures supposedly aren't huge hits but come on Lando needs one GREAT figure)

Cane_Adiss
02-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Ewoks in general. I'm still on the fence about the Star Tours set w/ Teek. I hope the set at least includes weapons of some sort. I haven't bought an Ewok since Romba/Graak in '07 and will probably not buy another other than Wicket.

Figs I'd most like to see on Vintage packaging include all the "core" characters, and hopefully the definitive versions of each. Also the "secondary" characters that are important to the saga but less kid friendly. This would encompass the following Prequel Jedi that could use small but significant upgrades to render them "definitive":

Kit Fisto
Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin
Aayla Secura
Ki-Adi Mundi
Shaak Ti
Luminara Unduli
Oppo Rancisis

The Following Jedi would fit into the above category, but require total overhauls and resculpts.

Yarael Poof
Barriss Offee
Adi Gallia
Eeth Koth
Depa Billaba
Fi-Ek Sirch
Pablo-Jill

Bounty Hunters, troop builders, and other kid friendly characters done in realistic style:

Clones
Stormtroopers
Imperial Guards
Rebel/Imperial pilots and personnel
Aurra Sing
Bossk
IG-88
Zuckuss (maybe the current figure improved w/ that "pleather" material shown on the exclusive)
Greedo
Ponda Baba
Zutton (Snaggletooth)
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)

And finally, I'd like to see figures that appear on my end-all, beat-all wish list:

Cane Adiss
Mon Calamari Dancer
Loje Nella
Revwien
Jess
Kal'Falnl C'ndros
Eeusu Estornii
Veedaaz Awmetth
Rogwa Wodrata
Ket Maliss
Edcel Bar Gane
All the Pod Race pilots
The rest of the Cantina/Jabba's Palace ALIENS, including Skiff guards.

I know most of my wish list would be total long shots but I'm in this for the long term so I'll be patient.

bigbarada
02-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Figs I'd most like to see on Vintage packaging include all the "core" characters, and hopefully the definitive versions of each. Also the "secondary" characters that are important to the saga but less kid friendly. This would encompass the following Prequel Jedi that could use small but significant upgrades to render them "definitive":

Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin

Please, no more Plo Koons or Saesee Tiins for at least 5 years! They've been the plague of the Saga Legends line. Plus, we just got a new Plo Koon in the Legacy line, who pegwarms right alongside his Saga Legends (blue AND red carded) and Clone Wars counterparts.

Bounty Hunters, troop builders, and other kid friendly characters done in realistic style:

Bossk
IG-88
Greedo

These guys are still readily available online, in vintage packaging, and you can probably find them for less that their initial $10 price tag.

Here's VTAC Bossk for only $7.89 from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-87308-Star-Vintage-Bossk/dp/B000M69K76/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_b

So no need to be taking up slots that would be better suited for other figures in the next 2 years.

I know most of my wish list would be total long shots but I'm in this for the long term so I'll be patient.

Patience is the key. I've been carrying the torch for Skiff Guards since 2002. The only other groups of characters that I regularly campaign for would be Ewoks and, more recently, Ep3 Wookiees. So it definitely helps to think in the long term and get out of the "I need it now!" mentality. If I really want a character now, then I should still want it 8 years from now. If my interest fades after a couple of years, then I never really wanted it in the first place.

For instance, Kithaba has been at the top of my want list since I discovered that he wasn't Barada in 2000. My interest in the character has never faded, not even when he was pulled off the rumor list for 2009 or more recently when he was bumped off the rumor list for 2011, because Hasbro has decided to make another Nikto Skiff Guard instead. Of course it's disappointing when a figure you want gets so close to being made only to have the plug pulled, but it doesn't change my interest in the character.

El Chuxter
02-21-2010, 01:32 PM
I dunno, BigB. If they were actually to release "Sassy" Tiin in a tutu and with a chihuahua in his purse, or pimped-out Plo Koon with feather hat, fur coat, platform shoes, and a light-cane, I could see working them into the TVC line.

Cane_Adiss
02-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Well I never said they (Plo and Saesee) need to be in the line next year, but both could stand some updating to get them SA and then be done with them. They would look nice on vintage cards, and if produced in smaller batches they would sell through. There are collectors (like me) who are actually fans of these characters and would like to see them done right once and for all.

As for the bounty hunters, they would be perfect for the so-called greatest hits slots in the line. It doesn't matter to me that they are still available online. All star wars figures are really. If they are going to re-release 4-LOM (an iffy seller in my area) then the terrific sellers (Bossk, IG-88, Zuckuss) are no-brainers in my opinion. Plus most kids don't shop e-bay or online in general.

Believe me I've been collecting since 1996 so I know what patience is! I had to wait forever for Tessek, Amanaman and Dice Ibegon. Now its Cane Adiss and the Mon Cal female dancer.

TheDarthVader
02-22-2010, 07:54 PM
I will think of more later but here are some I would buy...

ROTJ
Sim Aloo (new) with stand
Wicket and all original vintage ewok characters

Slicker
02-23-2010, 09:37 AM
So they're gonna start doing figures on the vintage cards OTHER than the original ones from the 70's/80's? Whatever. I won't mind it so long as they don't do a single Prequel figure on a vintage style cardback.

bigbarada
02-23-2010, 09:49 AM
So they're gonna start doing figures on the vintage cards OTHER than the original ones from the 70's/80's? Whatever. I won't mind it so long as they don't do a single Prequel figure on a vintage style cardback.

Actually, they've already said that Prequel figures are going to be on vintage style cardbacks as well. Wave 2 of the Vintage Collection is going to be an ROTS wave, with General Grievous pretty much confirmed to be in that wave.

Droid
02-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Lumat
Sim Aloo
Kithaba
Klaatu - Jabba's Palace (who is supposed to be coming)

Sinscia Fat'o
02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
tpm

Jar Jar Binks!!! SA please!
Nute Gunray and Rune Haako, soft goods robes and removeable head dresses so we can see them meimodian bald spots!

AOTC
Aayla Secura SA
Clieg Larrs, with a wheel chair!
Zam Wessell, SA with alternate head sculpt, and soft goods face cover thingie, removeable helmet, and did i mention SA?
Young Bobba, soft goods tunic, and SA.
Jocasta Nu, soft goods and SA, lightsaber hilt on belt, and a holokraun.

ROTS
Sennate Jar Jar, soft goods robe and SA
Red Robes Palaptine, SA soft goods robe
Funeral Padme, with casket! LOL. but it would be cool.
Random Younglings, release the younglings please i beg!!! missed them the first time through.

ANH
Dr Evazden, resculpt and SA
Walrus Man, soft goods jacket like Greedo,removeable arm, and SA.
Uncle Owen, soft goods robe and SA. maybe a jawa droid can be packed with him?
Grand Moff Tarkin, SA and a new sculpt is a must.
Rebel Fleet Trooper, SA, Alternate head varients, removeable helmet, holster on side, and soft goods vest.

ESB
Toryn Far, SA...
Lobot, SA and removeable head gear. Which leads to a new sculpt.
Luke dagobah training, backpack for Yoda, tank top sculpt from POTF2 days but SA. It would be awesome to have a soft goods jacket so wed have bespin luke as well...
Han solo in carbonite, all new sculpt, sa, and such!
Han Solo Bespin, Sa, soft goods jacket, breath mask, etc. just a great ESB han would rock!!!

ROTJ
Wicket, SA and soft goods head dress
Leia from Endor Celebration, with dress of course soft goods...
Jabba's thugs, i dont really want them per say but i do buy them and enjoy collecting them.

EU
Guri, she needs to be done!!!!
Zayne Carrick, diddo see above
Spirit of Luke, kinda like the spirit of Hayden from the TAC
Vong, more vong and even more vong, and yes i want Nom as well!!!
Anakin Solo, come on if there going to make JAcen we gotta have him to...

Wow i asked for a Ewok...cant believe i actually done that as i hate those rat looking teddy bear things!!!!

DarkArtist
02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
I would love to see a few EU (i know hasbro is going away from EU for a awhile) but really would love to see 2 figures get the vintage treatment....

ROTS : SA Emperor Palpatine from the senate duel with Yoda
ROTJ : SA Emperor Palpatine with Throne.

The Space Outlaw
02-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I would love to see a few EU (i know hasbro is going away from EU for a awhile) but really would love to see 2 figures get the vintage treatment....

ROTS : SA Emperor Palpatine from the senate duel with Yoda
ROTJ : SA Emperor Palpatine with Throne.

With you on both of these.

Some others I'd like to see:

TPM
New versions of the Naboo troopers and pilots
Darth Maul
TC-14
new Senate Guards

AOTC
Zam Wessel
Jango and Boba
Count Dooku
Obi-Wan
Anakin
That dude who tried to sell Obi-Wan Death-Sticks

ROTS
The aforementioned Palpatine
new ROTS versions of the Senate Guards

ANH
Garindan
Biggs Darklighter
Wedge Antilles
Jek Porkins
General Dodonna
Momaw Nadon
R5-D4
Gonk Droid
Ben

ESB
A version of Vader with Luke's face under the helmet, and an interchangeable damaged helmet
Admiral Piett
Lando Calrissian
Captain Needa
Ghost Ben
General Rieekan
FX-7
2-1B
Bacta Tank Luke
Echo Base Luke with tauntaun guts

ROTJ
Again, the Emperor, preferably with his throne
Lando in his Alliance General uniform
Lando in his Jabba's Palace disguise
Nien Nunb as the Falcon's co-pilot
Imperial Guard
That smug Imperial jerk who presented Luke to Vader at the landing platform and was all pleased with himself that he'd "captured" a Jedi who wanted to be caught in the first place
Admiral Ackbar
Mon Mothma
General Madine
Mon Calamari crewman
Arvel Crynyd
Final Duel Vader with messed up right arm

I'd also like to see an Asajj Ventress and Durge.

Slicker
03-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Actually, they've already said that Prequel figures are going to be on vintage style cardbacks as well. Wave 2 of the Vintage Collection is going to be an ROTS wave, with General Grievous pretty much confirmed to be in that wave.That's disgusting if you ask me. They're once again driving a unique idea into the ground. I don't see how something that's only 5 years old can be "vintage". But if it gets fanboys another Grievous and Maul then I'm all for it!!! :rolleyes:

Old Fossil
03-01-2010, 07:14 AM

That would not keep well MOCU (mint on card, unrefrigerated).

Chicken liver works fine for this.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2010, 11:29 AM
That's disgusting if you ask me. They're once again driving a unique idea into the ground. I don't see how something that's only 5 years old can be "vintage". But if it gets fanboys another Grievous and Maul then I'm all for it!!! :rolleyes:
They did quite a bit of fan polling a few years back to determine how to move forward, and the response was to add in unmade characters from both the OT and PT (though there were quite a few people like you who only wanted redos of old stuff). They've said they're looking at it as if the Kenner line had never stopped. I personally just like the card art and am looking forward to new PT figures on it; having just old figures would get boring after a while, I think.

Also, how is it "unique" when they're re-releasing packaging that was created over 30 years ago? :p

TheDarthVader
03-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes, the card art is a good selling point for me. The vintage cards are just beautiful. :love:
ESB

ANH

ROTJ

2-1B
03-01-2010, 08:45 PM
what JJL said in his pwnership of Slicker McCallum. :beard:

Blue2th
03-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Doesn't matter to me what the card looks like. It could be a blank brown piece of cardboard. I'll be ripping them open, and I won't be buying any re-packs that I already have.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-01-2010, 09:19 PM
They've said they're looking at it as if the Kenner line had never stopped.Along those lines, I can think of a few that I would like that would fit that description:

Rebel Fleet Trooper
Uncle Owen
Grand Moff Tarkin

None of those three were in the original line, and all could use updates in the modern line. RFT is from 2001, and Owen and Tarkin are from 1997. They did do a prequel Tarkin and repaint him for the Imperial Briefing set back in 2006. So, it would be nice to see these figures on vintage style cards like they should have been originally.

A lot of prequel figures that would be good candidates are ones that have all been done pretty well. It has been a while since we've had a Jar Jar outside of the Clone Wars line, so that would be a much needed upgrade.

Slicker
03-01-2010, 09:21 PM
They did quite a bit of fan polling a few years back to determine how to move forward, and the response was to add in unmade characters from both the OT and PT (though there were quite a few people like you who only wanted redos of old stuff). They've said they're looking at it as if the Kenner line had never stopped. I personally just like the card art and am looking forward to new PT figures on it; having just old figures would get boring after a while, I think.

Also, how is it "unique" when they're re-releasing packaging that was created over 30 years ago? :pI guess I'm just old fashioned and hate change. I'm also thinking it's just another excuse to release every f**king clone possibly on a vintage card to get as much use out of that mold as possible (as if they haven't worn it out yet).

what JJL said in his pwnership of Slicker McCallum. :beard:
Baby Jesus hates you.

Neuroleptic
03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Figures I deffinetly want to see on vintage card backs

Re-dos from the 'good ol days'

R2-D2 with pop up lightsaber (just the hilt would be made of win!) This one could be on a ROTJ card instead of the POTJ. something that would be interesting would be if they put it on the tri logo version world wide.

C-3PO with removable limbs

Jawa

R5-D4 (Yeah, we just got him . . . but I LOVE the old package and would scream like a girl if I saw it on the store shelf again after 30+ years)

Wicket IS A MUST!!!!!!!!! This was my second favorite figure when I was a kid.

New Figures:

R2-D2 With opening doors. (ROTJ card back) Similar to the one we got for clone wars, only a movie acurate version. Extera points if they manage it with the above mentioned lightsaber R2

C-3PO TPM version We need a new version of this figure, and this would be a truly cool way to bring it back.

Darth Maul TPM(Much as I hate seeing him re-released year after year, he's one of the figures I'v always wanted to see on the vintage style card back

Kaminoan AOC (Sa-se-tin (SP) I think is her name)

Library droids AOC

Yoda with lightsaber AOC

Darth Sidious with lightsaber ROTS

Commander Cody ROTS Just one I'v wanted to see on a vintage card back. Even have a version on my hard drive I made up for Revenge of the Jedi (original name for Return of the Jedi), but havn't gotten around to making it yet.

501st clone trooper ROTS (if they're going to do one, they can at least do the coolest one!)

I could more than easily live with just re-dos of the vintage trilogy, or sticking souly with the original trilogy though. The idea of doing ENTIER waves based on prequal movies just screams BAD IDEA since this line specificaly targets older collectors.

RENDAR LIVES
03-02-2010, 12:34 AM

I would pay $8 for wicket, Logray, and Teebo. The others I am just not very familiar with. I thought in a QA they confirmed Wicket in the line up for 2010. I also thought Zam Wessel was confirmed? Plus the new R2 in the works with saber dome but sounded like it might be in the planning stages so I'd guess thats for 2011. Someone should compose a list of what is confirmed and sticky it to the first post. I don't think the two pack would work on Vintage.

They could release a repainted generic Ewok, or something rare like Teek, with him; something that doesn't require tooling. Conversely, they could, say, have the Ewok based on an existing sculpt and put Cindel in the package.

Great! Their next idea will be to have a "build an ewok" figure with an ewok body part on each card. :rolleyes:

DarkArtist
03-03-2010, 02:22 PM
With you on both of these.

Some others I'd like to see:

TPM
New versions of the Naboo troopers and pilots

AOTC
Zam Wessel
Count Dooku

ROTS
The aforementioned Palpatine

ANH
Garindan
Biggs Darklighter
Wedge Antilles
Jek Porkins
General Dodonna
Gonk Droid

ESB
A version of Vader with Luke's face under the helmet, and an interchangeable damaged helmet
Admiral Piett
Lando Calrissian
Ghost Ben
General Rieekan

ROTJ
Again, the Emperor, preferably with his throne
Lando in his Alliance General uniform
Nien Nunb as the Falcon's co-pilot
Imperial Guard
That smug Imperial jerk who presented Luke to Vader at the landing platform and was all pleased with himself that he'd "captured" a Jedi who wanted to be caught in the first place
Admiral Ackbar
Mon Mothma
General Madine
Mon Calamari crewman
Final Duel Vader with messed up right arm

I'd also like to see an Asajj Ventress and Durge.

i like the following choices as well. would also love to see:

AOTC:

Dexter
Padme Geonosian Arena
SA Anakin with Robotic Arm

ROTS:

Palpatine : Rise of the Empire (outfit in the Senate where he states the birth of the Empire)
Padme : Rise of the Empire (outfit This is How Liberty Dies)
501st Clone with Saber stab and SA Yoda (nice 2pack to recreate scene)
Birthing Droid and Pregnant Padme (i know this will never happen but one can dream)

ANH

Commander Praji
Princess Leia Rebel Ceremony
Commander Williard
Grand Moff Tarkin

ESB:

Imperial Officer played by Jeremy Bulloch
Rebel Solider (second variation from cancelled version)
Generic Rebel Pilots
Rebel Deck Officer
Toryn Farr

ROTJ:

Funeral Pyre Darth vader (perhaps the only version of Vader I would Buy)
Spirit of Yoda (kinda like TAC Spirit Anakin)
Spirit of Ben (Kinda like TAC Spirit Anakin)
New Versions of Max Rebo Band
SA Oola

El Chuxter
03-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I'd like to see a resculpt of Action Master Optimus Prime on a vintage Star Wars card. That'd be funny.

DarkArtist
03-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd like to see a resculpt of Action Master Optimus Prime on a vintage Star Wars card. That'd be funny.

only if he was in scale to the figures...lol. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
03-05-2010, 07:13 PM
If they've already confirmed AOTC figures, we really need the Peasant Disguise Anakin to be redone. The guy really only has one change of clothes in two movies, not counting little differences like his hairdo, scars, and battle armor. And he's the main character of the series when taken as a whole, and Hasbro usually isn't shy about resculpting him. It's been eight years since this outfit was released in a godawful gimmicked form.

Okay, in fairness, we could use new versions of kiddie Anakin (I'd say two different versions, and give one multiple accessories like the podracer helmet and the N1 helmet), but Hasbro has already said they think the existing kiddie Anakins are perfect as they are. (Wouldn't hurt to at least re-release one, though.) If they want EU, Jedi Quest Anakin, a slightly younger Padawan with a more traditional outfit like Obi-Wan's, would be pretty cool.

Jabbapalacespy
03-05-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm focusing almost exclusively on ROTJ. I'll just say about the other two OT movies that I would like any unmade cantina characters and droids. I would like to see an SA 2-1B from empire too. Here is what I would like as far as ROTJ goes, and yes many of these would be remakes that I would like as SA,

Wooof (which has been promised for this fall sometime)
Oola (which is said to possibly be in the works)
EV-9D9
8D8 (they already have the arms and legs from the B.A.D BG-J38, they just need to make a different torso and head.) :bandit:
Tessek
Gamorean Guard
Weequay (both of them from the skiff with Luke and Han)
Cane Adiss
Loje Nella (perhaps as a pack in with another figure)
Jess
Barada
Laudica
Yuzzum (orginal)
Fozec
Geezum

Some of these characters are a stretch I know but, heck, whoever thought we would get Yarna, Wioslea, or Leesub Sirlin?

I also wouldn't mind seeing a new Saelt-Marae, Ree-Yees, and Ishi Tib. All SA of course! :squareeye

DarkJedi5
08-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Listened to the CV Forcecast (http://www.forcecast.net/story/home/ForceCast_Live_From_CV_Collectors_Edition_133482.a sp) tonight and they confirmed several new figures for the 2011 line! The confirmed figures are at about the 28 minute mark and are as follows:
Dr. Evazan
Aayla Secura
Barriss Offee
Ponda Baba
Bom Vimdin
Nom Anor
Fordo (previously confirmed by JabbaJohnL I believe)
Bespin Han
Aura Sing
Bastila Shan
Weequay Skiff Master

El Chuxter
08-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Oh wow! Another Aayla Secura. :rolleyes:

Guess I shouldn't complain; the good outweighs the bad by a long shot. Barriss, Evazan, and Bom Vimdin are especially long-awaited. And at this point, it's been so long since a Ponda Baba, even I think he needs to be updated.

Aurra Sing could go forever without an update. If I need a figure to stand there and watch a race, I don't need articulation to do it.

Then again, nice to see Nom Anor escaped from limbo. Hopefully Anakin Solo did, too.

DarkArtist
08-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Listened to the CV Forcecast (http://www.forcecast.net/story/home/ForceCast_Live_From_CV_Collectors_Edition_133482.a sp) tonight and they confirmed several new figures for the 2011 line! The confirmed figures are at about the 28 minute mark and are as follows:
Dr. Evazan
Aayla Secura
Barriss Offee
Ponda Baba
Bom Vimdin
Nom Anor
Fordo (previously confirmed by JabbaJohnL I believe)
Bespin Han
Aura Sing
Bastila Shan
Weequay Skiff Master

very impressive list. can't wait to see pics of the figures.... here's looking forward to Toy Fair 2011

DarkJedi5
08-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Well, they also announced that they intend to send pics of wave 5 when they return the next Q&A. I have a feeling that some of those figures will be in that set. Also that otheR Site got pictures of a development document for Aayla Secura and Dr Evazan which details the figure's articulation. The interesting news about Aayla is she appears to come with a hard plastic Jedi robe.

bkusna
08-26-2010, 11:33 AM
super-articulated Hoth Luke?????? may never get this one.......:upset:

questorminator
08-29-2010, 08:11 AM
I don't know if they'll even consider this since she's in the ROTS video game and not the movie,

But I will be VERY happy if they make Serra Keto :D

DarkArtist
08-31-2010, 09:40 AM
super-articulated Hoth Luke?????? may never get this one.......:upset:

I'm sure this figure will see the light of day either in 2011 or early 2012...Hasbro has talked about redoing him in the3 future and this seems to be the perfect format for him on a Vintage Card... I wouldn't be surprised if we see a pic of him at Toy Fair or SDCC.

I too wuld love to see Hasbro redo Luke in his Hoth Gear ( I mean we now have a Vintage versions of Leia and Han (both with hood up and down, and the current fixing the Falcon in the Hanger figure). Luke is a no brainer for the next Hoth Hero figure:thumbsup:

Rik Duel
08-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Count me in for an ultimate Hoth Luke. They're getting really good at the creatures so maybe it's time for a new Ree Yees and maybe Hammerhead (aka Mucka Lucka or whatever the hell the new boring official name is). And I guess General Lando is my new pet cause/uphill battle so him too.

tagmac
08-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Since these two figures were never made during the vintage years, yet were big enough where they should have been made, I want to see Slave Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin released on vintage cards. Like the Sandtrooper, these would be must haves for those of us who wanted those figures back in the 80's.

bkusna
08-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Since these two figures were never made during the vintage years, yet were big enough where they should have been made, I want to see Slave Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin released on vintage cards. Like the Sandtrooper, these would be must haves for those of us who wanted those figures back in the 80's.

Totally agree....these would be sweet!!!! which photo would you like to see for slave leia?????

DarkArtist
09-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Defiantely would love to get a Vintage Slave Leia (she can be a straight repack of the Build a Droid series.....I would love to see the card depicting her using the Force Pike and battling the Skiff Guards. that would be awesome..

as far as Tarkin goes...defiantley needs a new updated figure. although the head sculpt they did for the POTF version is spot on Peter Crushing I think they need to give us a new sculpt with a ball jointed head and super articulation.

Darth Awgmon
09-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry guys, this question may be off topic. Is the Grievous coming out on the vintage card the same badass Grievous released in the legacy collection? I missed "the best" Grievous when it was out before and I want to make sure I pick one up. Right now my best Grievous is the one with the fabric cape that came in the WM dark trooper droid factory 2 pack.

bkusna
09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry guys, this question may be off topic. Is the Grievous coming out on the vintage card the same badass Grievous released in the legacy collection? I missed "the best" Grievous when it was out before and I want to make sure I pick one up. Right now my best Grievous is the one with the fabric cape that came in the WM dark trooper droid factory 2 pack.

It is the same "best" Grievous except his paint is lighter and his legs have been incorporated with a gummy bear like extract...don't plan on posing the new wave 2 vintage Grievous unless you glue him down.....He comes with a cool cloth cloak but they left out the bendy wire that would have allowed you to pose him in that cool scene where he shows off his jedi sabers....Due to the small blister package, his gummy legs have forever been smashed like melted gummy bears:(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-01-2010, 08:52 PM
It's based on the 2008 one, but it has added wrist articulation and a new head, in addition to the cape. I don't yet have it so I can't speak on the quality of the actual figure.

bkusna
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
It's based on the 2008 one, but it has added wrist articulation and a new head, in addition to the cape. I don't yet have it so I can't speak on the quality of the actual figure.

The more I look at him, I've noticed that Hasbro had to make his legs gummy in order to squeeze him into the tiny vintage blister pack...He looks like 10 pounds of cottage cheese in a 5 pound container:shocked: The blister pack is bigger that all the other vintage figures, but it still not big enough to accommodate this HUGE figure!!!!!!!

bkusna
09-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Here is an interview with Hasbro's Vice President of Marketing Derryl DePreist about the Vintage Linehttp://comics.ign.com/articles/111/1115935p1.html