PDA

View Full Version : I have discovered the true joy of Galactic Heroes...

El Chuxter
02-21-2010, 11:12 PM
...passing them on to the next generation. :thumbsup:

One cool thing is, if my daughter likes the old GIJoe or Transformers cartoons, there are actually some toys based on the old cartoons I can give her.

Right now, Zartan and Jar Jar are taking turns being eaten and pooped out by the Rancor.

Warped
02-21-2010, 11:42 PM
I have......had a ton of these, I love them. My baby girl (20 months) got ahold of some and loves them. After telling her no the first few times she won and comes in and plays with them everyday.

JediTricks
02-22-2010, 02:16 AM
When my niece was younger, we played with my collection of the Playskool sets (I think this was actually before its rebirth as Galactic Heroes) and had fun, but she grew out of it far too quickly.

sonofsokol
02-22-2010, 09:10 AM
My 4 year old loves the GH line and my younger son who's about 18 months will not leave them alone. They are fantastic toys! Given that the age on the 3 & 3/4 figures is 4+, I was worried when my son turned 4 that he would get tired of the smaller figures with less movement and all, but he continues to choose Galactic Heroes every time we play Star Wars and I give him the choice of playing with "his guys" or "my guys." I love that these figures have introduced him to such a variety of figures. He knows all their names and plays with them for several hours every day.

Just this morning he found an insert that came with one of his ships from Christmas and he had is unfolded on the living room floor checking off the sets he has(there are very few that he doesn't... I have a hard time not spoiling him with Star Wars;)). It remided of me of looking through the JCPenney's or Sears' catalogues as a kid. He informed me that he did not yet have the Ewok with Glider set or the X-wing with Porkins and R5 set and that he would be asking Santa Claus for them for Christmas. I squeezed him a little extra hard during his hug before I left for work. :love:

Warped
02-22-2010, 10:09 AM
My boys who are 7 and 8 still play with them. I catch them sitting and playing, than they act like they were just bored. My baby girls fav is the R2-D2. It's worth the few little scratchs on them to see her happy and and hear my wife say "great, another one playing with Star Wars". I just got pics yesterday of us having a lightsaber duel.

Ando
02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
I just got pics yesterday of us having a lightsaber duel.

My 4 year old nephew spent the night with my wife and I on Saturday night and we had a Force FX battle with the lights off.

That kid was swinging for the fences and nailed me in the shoulder!!!

He loves the little GH vehicles and really thought the new Y Wing was pretty slick. He likes the bombs that come with it as well as the GH JSF's that have the bombs that drop out when you push the Astromech heads down.

bobafrett
02-23-2010, 11:13 AM
My son turns 19 this coming Sunday, I doubt he will have any interest in them at all. Besides, I'm still rather fond of them.

Warped
02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
So does that mean that our kids are more mature than us..... I have a 16 that makes fun of me, yet she keeps stealing my baby ewok.

Alpha 315
03-07-2010, 03:49 PM
At age seven, I got my first set. Seven years later, here I am still enjoying them. I hope my son/daughter will enjoy them as much as I have...